Chartwell Golf and Country Club Reviews

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 4
Chartwell Golf and Country Club 5

Tiffany · Married on 10/19/2019

Chartwell is amazing!

We could not be more pleased that we chose Chartwell for our wedding ceremony and reception. It is a beautiful venue inside and out! The event coordinator, Morgan Kilduff was such a pleasure to work with and was sooo helpful during the wedding planning process to the day of the wedding. Morgan and the rest of the chartwell staff did an amazing job on the day of our wedding in making our wedding vision come to life, and in having a stress free day. The staff were super friendly to our guests and the food was absolutely amazing. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was! I highly recommend Chartwell for a wedding, and can’t thank them enough for helping us have the best wedding day!

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 6
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 7
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2019

So happy we chose the Chartwell!

I am so happy we chose the Chartwell for our wedding reception! Working with Morgan during the planning process was great. She is very friendly, responsive, and helpful.

Cocktail hour on the terrace was beautiful! It was shaded, had seating for guests, and a beautiful view! The ballroom was perfect. I love how it has windows to the terrace and golf course. It very comfortably seated our 165 guests and was not cramped at all. The dance floor is also very spacious. Morgan and the team did a great job setting everything up. It was beautiful and exactly how I imagined it!

I cannot say enough good things about the food! Guests raved how it was not only the best wedding food they ever had, but the best surf & turf in general! We did the steak & crab cake dinner which I would highly recommend. The appetizers were also delicious and guests commented how they were not your typical wedding appetizers. The lobster avocado wontons and crab and corn fritters were our favorites! I was a little nervous about the bar being by consumption, but it ended up working out in our favor. It ended up being cheaper than other places we looked at that had alcohol included at a set price.

Overall, we we’re very happy with the Chartwell!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 05/04/2019

"best wedding ever"

Chartwell is the most amazing venue ever! It is beautiful, spacious, and reasonably priced! This was actually the 2nd cheapest place my fiancé and I looked at that could hold our amount of people (120 was predicted). Morgan made the planning so easy and was quick to answer any questions along the way. Our wedding was on May 4th, and we are still having guest repeatedly tell us that it was the best wedding ever and how the food was the best "wedding food" they've ever had! If you are able to book Chartwell, DO IT!

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 8
    Sent on 05/31/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect venue for us

Chartwell was the perfect place for us to have our wedding. Morgan was great to work with and made everything so easy. The ballroom is beautiful, and it's neutral enough to highlight any decor and colors that you add. We also loved having the patio with the string lighting for pictures. Our guests are still talking about the steak and crabcakes!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 10/13/2018

10-13-18 Wedding

I was just married about a week ago and my husband and I are so glad we choose Chartwell! They were the most flexible and accommodating venue we looked at. Morgan was super responsive and open to all the different ideas I had and was open to change. Chartwell has a great indoor and outdoor space. The ballroom has neutral colors so you can really do anything with it and the golf course greens are beautiful. We loved the terrace overlooking the greens (there are really pretty string lights!!) and the fire pits (and so did our guests). It was chilly but we provided our guests with blankets and Chartwell had heaters as well. Everyone loved the food (we were told by a few that it was the best wedding food, the filet was cooked perfectly and came out hot!) and several people told us what a great venue it was!! Would definitely recommend!!

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 9
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 10
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 11
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 12
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 13
    Sent on 10/22/2018

Briana · Married on 09/29/2018

Best venue I could ask for!

Chartwell was the perfect place for our wedding reception! Morgan was fantastic throughout the whole process and didn't judge me for asking a million silly questions. The food was delicious and the staff was professional. The building was nice - bathrooms could use some updating but we spruced them up with flowers and tulle. My biggest problem was that we were told 3 weeks before our event that they were killing most of the beautiful green golf course to re-do it. So we had to find a plan B for all but a few pictures. I wish we had known further in advance. All in all, if I had to do it over, I would choose Chartwell again!

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 14
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 15
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 16
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 17
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 18
    Sent on 10/25/2018

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Chartwell in September and it was everything we ever wanted! The ballroom is so gorgeous and we ended up having our ceremony inside there. They also have a beautiful outside terrace perfect for an outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour which is what we used it for. The grounds are well manicured and all the staff was extremely professional. We received compliments all night about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was during the cocktail hour and reception. Morgan the Director of Events is what made our wedding day seamless. She was very responsive to all my emails and would make time to meet in person when needed. I completely trusted her the day of and knew she had everything under control, which she did! Our wedding at Chartwell was an unforgettable experience!

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 19
    Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 09/08/2018

Great experience

Chartwell is a beautiful venue. While we were bummed we couldn't use the outside patio, Morgan and the staff did everything to get us set up inside. They were very accommodating. During the wedding planning process, Morgan was there every step of the way. She made our wedding a lot less stressful! All of our wedding guests kept saying the food from Chartwelll was the best food they had every had at a wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Kristine · Married on 07/21/2018

Morgan the event planner was fantastic! She was so pleasant, organized, and accomadating. The staff was so hospitable and everyone went above and beyond to make our event flawless. Would recommend to anyone for any occaisson!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Jenna · Married on 06/23/2018

6-23-18 Wedding

My husband and I had our reception at Chartwell in June and everything turned out perfect! The ballroom and outdoor terrace are both beautiful, the food was great, and staff was wonderful. Working with Morgan made everything so easy, she was always quick to respond and answer all the questions we had. I was able to drop off everything for the reception the day before and told Morgan where it went and she did all the setting up for us! Overall we had an amazing experience and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2018

Morgan Thomas & Chartwell are a 10!

Chartwell was the absolute most perfect venue for any bride I could ever recommend. Morgan was like an angel sent from above from beginning to end. Not only were they responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process, but their venue was an absolute dream for our guests and for pictures. I wish I could do it over and over again. Thank you to everyone at Chartwell, especially Morgan for making our day even more perfect than we could have imagined.

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 20
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 26
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 27
    Sent on 01/19/2019

Melody · Married on 05/05/2018

We loved EVERYTHING about having our wedding at Chartwell. The outdoor terrace is so beautiful without any extra decorations. We didn't have to spend money on a flower arch, ribbons on chairs, ANYTHING - the scenery itself is the decoration. Everything about the indoor banquet area was perfect too: easily accessible restrooms for guests, roomy, dance floor next to the outdoor terrace (the view really is beautiful). Morgan was primarily our wedding coordinator, but due to her having to go out of town on our wedding day, Eric and the general manager ran the actual rehearsal and wedding. Morgan was SO helpful and quick to respond in the almost year time frame I worked with her leading up to our wedding. She is very professional and so CHEERFUL - her attitude made the whole process so fun and I had NOTHING to stress about. Eric and the general manager were AWESOME as well. They both made sure that my groom and I had everything we needed both at the rehearsal and day of. They both constantly checked in with us and truly catered to us. They REALLY made us feel like royalty!! Lastly, I would just like to mention that the food was PHENOMENAL. I'm not just saying this because it was our wedding... we STILL have guests talk about how the food at our wedding was THE best "wedding food" they've EVER had. After being guests at several weddings, my husband and I would definitely agree. THANK YOU CHARTWELL for making our special day such a memorable one!!!

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 28
    Sent on 06/21/2018

Emma · Married on 01/06/2018

Chartwell was the perfect venue for my January wedding. They were so very helpful in every single aspect. Every guest that I have spoken with after the wedding has commented on how lovely each and every single staff member was. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. I will be recommending Chartwell to anyone who is looking for the perfect wedding venue! We loved every minute and wish we could go back to do it all again!

Sent on 01/20/2018

mary · Married on 08/20/2016

Chartwell is ideal for weddings. We loved our time there. The staff was easy and relaxed; the club is glamorous; and the food is beyond compare. M

Sent on 09/13/2016

Leah · Married on 10/10/2015

Chartwell was even more beautiful than we envisioned! We had the ceremony outside and the set up was amazing. The banquet room is stunning with the chandelier in the middle and classy wall decorations. The dance floor was big and the venue was a great size for the 170 guests we had. The bridal room to get ready was really spacious and the guys were able to get ready in the billiards room, which they loved. We thought the food was really good and the guests confirmed that. The chef was able to work with our requests on food preferences. Shannon Ashen was wonderful to work with- responsive, accommodating, professional, and easy to talk to. We would recommend Chartwell Golf and Country Club as well as Shannon Ashen to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • Kristyn

Kristyn · Married on 09/13/2014

Chartwell was the best decision we ever made!! Michael, Claire, Glen, and Andrew were so accommodating, organized, and a pleasure to work with. The course was gorgeous, the ballroom looked like something out of a magazine. Our Wedding is still talking about the delicious brown sugar bacon pass appetizer. It was a huge hit!! We will always recommend Chartwell as a fantastic Wedding Venue. Thank you for making our Wedding better than we had ever dreamed.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Angie · Married on 09/06/2014

Chartwell was the perfect place to hold our reception. The golf course provided a scenic setting for both our pictures and guests. During cocktail hour and the reception, our guests were able to walk out onto the terrace. The banquet hall was the perfect size for our 125 guests and they can accommodate even more or less easily. When we chose Chartwell we started working with a woman named Cati, however she left Chartwell about a month prior to our wedding. This left us highly concerned however Glenn took over our event and handled the transfer smoothly. The food was absolutely delicious and Glenn made sure all of our needs and requests were met without fail. We are so glad we chose Chartwell for our reception.

Sent on 09/25/2014
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 06/07/2014

Our wedding reception at Chartwell was absolutely beautiful! Cati was super helpful during the planning phases, and right where we needed her on our wedding day. It was also great that we were allowed to take pictures with our bridal party on the golf course while our guests enjoyed drinks appetizers out on the patio. Everything ran smoothly and the staff was great -- highly recommend this location!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/12/2014

I loved my wedding at Chartwell. We had our ceremony at our church, and had the reception at Chartwell. I worked with Cati Mitchell and she was wonderful. She promptly responded to my (many) questions and was very helpful throughout the whole process. They set everything up exactly how I asked and were very attentive throughout our entire reception. Our florist forgot the flowers for the top of our cake, and Cati took care of it. I have no idea where she got the flowers from, but she made sure that we had a floral cake topper and it was beautiful. For everything that we got, compared to other venues that we interviewed, I think that we got a lot for our money. Everyone raved about the food and the service was great. I would definitely recommend this venue for anyone planning their wedding in the area.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Laura · Married on 08/03/2013

Chartwell was the perfect venue for our wedding. The club was so flexible with menu options, timing and our various requests. Cati is very knowledgable and was so great to work with and I was truly amazed at how beautiful the ballroom looked at our reception. Everything was perfect - the room setup, the food, drinks, service...everything was flawless. We got some great pictures on the golf course and the terrace was a favorite spot for many people to hang out on a summer evening. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Tricia · Married on 05/30/2009

My coordinator Yale is absolutely amazing. Throughout the process she was very responsive and always pleased to help and work with me. The day of she was helpful making sure everyone was where they needed to be and even helped pin my dress when I realized one of my bustle hooks wasn't there.

The venue itself is beautiful, and I couldn't have chosen a better location. The food was delicious, cake was awesome, both tasty and they designed it exactly how we wanted. Bartenders and wait staff were friendly. When we decided to extend the wedding an additional hour they had no problems and worked with us.

The day after the wedding we went to pick everything up and they had boxed up all the remaining cake (4 boxes!) and our meals that we hadn't finished because we wanted to go and visit with our guests. It was nice to have my leftovers Sunday afternoon before going to the airport.

Sent on 07/18/2009

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/05/2018

I can't say enough good things about the staff at Chartwell, especially Morgan Thomas, the events coordinator. They made our day go smoothly and as stress-free as possible, which allowed us to really enjoy our wedding celebration. Morgan was great about working with us over the phone and email since my husband and I live out of state. Every request that we thought of, from food to decor, they tried to find a way to make it happen! Initially our ceremony was supposed to be outside on the lawn, but when storms were in the forecast that AM, they were flexible about working with our tent vendor and setting up chairs on the terrace under the tent (which I highly recommend as a ceremony rain location - we were able to fit 190 people and still had rolling lawn and trees in the backdrop while staying dry!) The food was delicious and our guests left happy.

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 29
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 30
    Sent on 06/10/2018

Laura · Married on 04/22/2017

Chartwell was such a great find, great price for quality of the venue. The cooking was in house and at our tasting the Chef came out himself and talked to us about and adjusted to what we were looking for. The ballroom fit our wedding of 150 comfortably with a buffet set up. The dance floor is along a wall of windows out onto the terrace which is included for the event and overlooks the golf course. I was a little bummed our April wedding was a cold spring so the gardener wasn't able to pot flowers on the terrace before the wedding, but it was still great scenery.
    One of the best things we liked was there isn't a set price on alcohol per person, you are charged for the alcohol consumed. A lot of venues horribly overcharge for alcohol per person but this way you pay for what you drink! And I really wanted Blue Moon which their bar doesn't stock, but they were able to buy cases from a distributor for our wedding. Also, the day before there was no event so we were able to come in and set up all the flower arrangements and table decorations so there was nothing to worry about the morning of.

Chartwell Golf and Country Club 31
    Chartwell Golf and Country Club 32
    Sent on 01/22/2018

Mark · Married on 09/14/2013

Awesome! Cati Mitchell helped every step of the way>

Sent on 10/23/2013

Meghan · Married on 09/30/2017

Chartwell was the perfect venue for our reception. They have a beautiful terrace with fire pits and lights strung throughout, perfect for cocktail hour. The ballroom was a blank slate that you are able to decorate however you would like. The only downside about the ballroom is the dance floor is off to the side, so we had to rent a dance floor for the middle of the room. They also don't really have anywhere to hold a ceremony.

Morgan has great ideas and can recommend a ton of vendors. We used three vendors she recommended and they were all wonderful. We did have a lot of meetings and everything started to blur together and decisions were getting confused from other meetings. I do recommend some sort of system that builds everyone's ideas into one place. Overall, the day was perfect and Morgan was excellent!

Sent on 01/19/2018