Charter Yachts of Newport Beach Reviews

31 | Newport Beach, CA

31 Reviews for Charter Yachts of Newport Beach

Darlene · Married on 09/28/2013

Only negative it should last five hours
    Leslie was awesome we love her!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Charter Yachts of Newport Beach's reply:

I agree!, who ever wants a good time to come to an end? We will miss you guys and tell Stephen that I have some granite work for him sometime next spring and will be calling him when we are ready.

Erika · Married on 05/19/2007

It was so nice knowing that the day of the wedding, Penny would take care of everything. My husband and I got married on the ICON because the boat did not look like all of the other yachts. It is a family yacht with incredible decorating details and the layout was intimate. Our guests still rave about the evening and how incredible it was- people had told us that they had never experienced a wedding like it.

Sent on 06/17/2008

Goldie · event on 03/28/2015

We picked this venue for our 40th Annual Professional Organization Event. We have already worked with this company two years ago. However, this year we had a much more better experience.
    I worked with the event Coordinator Ariel. She was very professional, friendly, flexible, and went above and beyond to make our special event would be fun and that everything goes smoothly. I even remember calling her on her cell phone which she continued to respond quickly even on her day off. This shows she is very motivated and enthusiasm towards her job. I really appreciate that.
    We had 100 guests for that evening. We booked the venue for drinks, appetizer before getting on the boat. We had vendors who attended at the venue.
    The dinner , and entertainment was on the boat. It was buffet style. We ordered salads, vegetables, risotto, fish , pasta and filet mignon. Everyone went for seconds. They did an amazing job w/ the food. It was very delicious. We also did food tasting few wks before event. Ariel helped us w/ picking the dinner menu. She gave us great suggestions.
    Everyone had a wonderful time . I want to thank all the staff for making our event very special . Our organization would definitely like to book this place for our future events. I would also recommend this place to someone who wants to have a wedding event.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Charter Yachts of Newport Beach's reply:

Thank you Goldie for the great comments, Ariel is at lunch but look forward to sharing it with her. I hope we can continue to be you "go-to" venue for all you party needs and am honored that you chose us the first time and remembered us the 2nd time.

judy · Married on 10/18/2014

4.2
      3.5

The staff at CYNB treated us with great care and our family and friends enjoyed all the food. We def. will recommend them to others as it was so much fun!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2016

3.8
      3.0

Had bday party for my son. Paid total of $11000 for 70 people.prepaid for 20 parking spots. Never was told that it was somewhere other than parking lot next to boat. Found out when guests were late to party trying to find a parking place. We, the hosts had to go out front and wave everyone down in our formal wear. Everything else was ok. Just make sure that you let your guests know to park across the street and down 3 doors or you'll be out on Coast Hwy directing your guests after the fact. Also the prepaid parking is on a first come first serve. They will sell it to you under the premise of you being able to hand passes to your family..... Not so

Sent on 10/26/2016

Hello Kelly,
    I am the owner of the CYNB and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your email. I can understand your frustration with the parking and am not sure where the disconnect happened. On our website we offer two maps, one for events and one for appointments due guests needing the information of needing to know where to park when they come for an event. The parking lot map that also contains the actual address to the parking should also have been provided to you for you to include in your invitations so that there would not be any confusion. An hour prior to boarding, which is when guests begin arriving, I have a crewman tend to the front entrance of the parking lot to assist the guests as to where to park as well as how to cross PCH and where the yacht is docked. I see that Josh was the one scheduled to work the parking lot that evening and will follow up that he is doing what he needs to do when overseeing that responsibility.
    I completely agree with the top of the cake situation as well. The top often gets saved for weddings but would not be necessary for it to be done for a birthday. Not exactly sure what there reasoning was for it other than it was not needed but regardless will have a discussion with the staff as well.

I hope you enjoyed your time on board and am sorry that these are the lasting memories of your event.

Jaclyn · Married on 07/30/2011

3.4
      3.0
      3.5

Beautiful yacht and location. The food was amazing and they recommend vendors that do great work and make planning easy.

Sent on 08/23/2011