Charlie Shin Storyteller Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Charlie Shin Storyteller 1
Charlie Shin Storyteller 2

LaTonya · Married on 10/28/2011

I got married on 10/28/11. Today is 1/16/12 and I have yet to choose from the pictures that were taken by Charlie Shin and his team. The photos are so good that we are having a hard time choosing 130 images for our wedding album. We gave Charlie and his team full creative control of our wedding photos. We simply did not put him in a box and make him take photos based on a pre-determined list of shots. And because of this, the photos turned out fantastic. Charlie and his team were creative and a joy to work with. My family still remembers the funny photographers. The first thing anyone who views our photos want to know is, "Who is the photographer?" We will always use Charlie Shin and his team for our photos. He is truly a five star photographer!

Sent on 01/16/2012

Angelina · Married on 10/15/2011

I would definitely recommend Charlie Shin Photography. I was pleased after meeting them. After we booked them, They always kept me informed on what they needed from me and answered my questions quickly. On our wedding day, Charlie and his team was so much fun to work with. I didn't need to ask them to take any particular shots because I trusted that they would know what would work and what wouldn't. In the end, we are very happy with all the beautiful moments Charlie and His team captured. Charlie also makes you feel like a superstar...which is always fun!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Debbie · Married on 10/02/2011

Charlie and his team did an amazing job capturing all the important moments from our wedding-- from intimate to fun moments that made us smile. We just viewed our wedding photos and they were just breathtaking. Charlie combines class with an uniquely artistic modern flair. I would recommend him to all my friends.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kay · Married on 09/17/2011

I got really good service from Charlie.
    He was wonderful for our big date!!
    If you want to get number one service for your big date,
    I strongly recommend to you!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Lainie · Married on 07/24/2011

I had over a year to plan my wedding, and the only part that was stressful about the planning was finding someone to capture all the special moments on our special day. Our wedding took place at Herrington on the Bay, in Maryland and everything in the area were over our budget for what we wanted. A very close friend of ours referred Charlie Shin Photography. My husband and I took the chance to book our event with him and we were so happy we did! He knew exactly what we wanted and the easiest person to work with. He is not one of those photographers that made taking pictures with a big group stressful(i have a huge family). He captured so many fun and very memorable moments. I am super satisfied with all of our photos - looking at our pictures makes us feel like we were there again. We got so many compliment from our friends and families with our photos. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a event photographer. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/07/2012

Sarika · Married on 05/28/2011

Charlie went above and beyond what most photographers do for their clients. He provided me the photos in a timely manner...quicker than any of my friends received their photos. He focuses on the small details...the small details of the photos, capturing the most amazing and precious moments of the wedding and reception; the small details of service, for example, sending me a slideshow with music that was important to us of our wedding out of nowhere! It is the little things that count in life, and Charlie knows how to tap into those! I would recommend him to ANYONE! If he can shoot a week long Indian wedding without missing a moment or a beat, he can do any wedding! Love Charlie of Charlie Shin Photography!!! :)

Sent on 06/20/2011

Camille · Married on 11/06/2010

Charlie and Sharon were amazing photographers at our wedding!! We had a wonderful time both at our engagement session as well as before, during and after our wedding. Thank you so much for your creativity and uniqueness which made our day so special and memorable!! Charlie was VERY timely and organized. If you are looking for a photographer that is different from all of the rest and affordable, go with Charlie Shin! His packages include so much more than many other photographers in the area who charge more $$$ and his quality is WAAAAAAAY above theirs - Trust me, my husband and I looked before we made our choice and none topped Charlie's studio.

Sent on 02/03/2011

Eli · Married on 10/30/2010

Charlie and his crew were absolutely fantastic. The pictures were beautiful and they did a fantastic job capturing all the right moments during the wedding. Charlie's services are very reasonably priced and they deserve every penny we paid them. I strongly recommend their services to those of you who are seeking a wedding photographer and/or a videographer.

Sent on 11/12/2010
  • I

Shawna · Married on 10/16/2010

I'm very happy with Charlie's work. He took great pictures of my wedding and really captured the day. His assistant Sharon was also great to work with and she's very personable. My pictures were ready for me to view the week after my wedding. I had the draft of my wedding album a little more than a week after I gave him my picture selections. I LOVED the video of my pictures that he put together to music. It was incredible and a nice way for me to share my pictures with people. Charlie is very focused when he's working and may come across as not warm, but he's a really nice guy and he takes amazing pictures. He's just focused on his art and it's worth it. His wedding books are the best I've seen and that's the main reason I chose him. His creativity is outstanding. Most of my wedding guests said that didn't even notice him during the wedding or reception and I thought that was great!! That meant that he was doing his job and blending in while taking great pictures! I felt like he offered a lot for the price. I really enjoyed working with him and I LOVE his final product.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Shelia · Married on 09/25/2010

Charlie was great! He offered professional advice when needed and was not an "in your face" photographer. He also recommended good vendors to me. I saved a lof of money. On wedding day, he captured fantastic images without us knowing he was there. We loved every image!!!

Sent on 11/29/2010

Maryanna · Married on 08/07/2010

Charlie Shin is a true professional. He provided excellent service before, during, and after the wedding. He is quick to respond to any concern or suggestion. His cost was reasonable for the package he offered. I would highly recommend Charlie to anyone who likes a natural look in their photos with a chic style and great composition with perspective. The photos tell a great story and will be a true asset to your wedding memory collection.

Sent on 12/27/2010

Holly Manning · Married on 06/12/2010

I found Charlie Shin Photography (CSP) at the Dulles Bridal Showase. After interviewing several D.C. photographers, I decided that CSP had the best value in their packages without sacrificing the editorial/journalistic style that I wanted. Charlie and Sharon were the photographers for our wedding. I sent them a basic schedule (very basic), but they did not miss a beat. I got all of the photo memories that I wanted and did not feel like I had to give direction for what I wanted. When we got back the photos after the wedding (over 950), I couldn't believe how many moments they caught. We love looking at our album and are so glad that we decided to use CSP for our wedding photography.

Sent on 11/11/2010

Robyn · Married on 05/23/2010

Charlie was, by far, our favorite wedding vendor. He is an artist in the truest sense of the word, and he captured our day perfectly. We could not ask for more from Charlie or from his work - we absolutely love our photographs and we loved working with him! If we were able to do it all over again, Charlie would be our first phone call. We look forward to working with him in the future for other special occasions and portraits. My husband and I are happy to recommend Charlie.

Sent on 09/30/2010

Amy · Married on 03/20/2010

We had a really great experience working with Charlie Shin Photography. After our initial meeting with Charlie in Atlanta, we knew right away that we wanted to use his studio.

Choosing Charlie & K as our photographers was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. If we ever had a question, they were very prompt in responding.

We also had a huge time gap between our ceremony and reception to take pictures with our wedding party. We were nervous that the groomsmen would start to get fidgety after too many pictures. However, Charlie & Lee kept us all laughing and made all the pictures a lot of fun to take even for the guys! All the pictures came out beautifully and they were so easy to work with. We were amazed on how they were able to capture every special moment of our day without being noticeable.

It was difficult for us to pick our favorite photos for our wedding album since we loved all. We highly recommend them for anyone that's looking for a photographer!

Sent on 05/04/2010
  • Denis

Denis · Married on 02/13/2010

The Charlie's pictures are amazing! We can't believe how thoroughly, beautifully, and authentically he and Sharon captured the day. My grandmother commented that it was the first photographs that she could see love in. And my sister-in-law told my sister that my sister needed to have you take her wedding photographs too!! (lucky for my sister, Sharon is already on that job!) We are all speechless by your ability to see and capture the largest moments and the smallest details of the day. We thoroughly appreciate your time and talent. Thanks Charlie & Sharon

Sent on 03/19/2010

Grace · Married on 01/16/2010

Charlie is a fabulous photographer. He captures your wedding in a photo journalistic view but he also takes care of the formal pictures. He was the first one that I saw at the wedding and the last one I saw when I left the reception. He is easy to work with and a joy to be around and that is something that I needed on a stressful day! I would recommend Charlie and his team to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 01/24/2010

Choy · Married on 11/14/2009

Me and my husband chose Charlie for our wedding in November this year and couldn't have been happier with our photos. Charlie and Sharon make you feel really at ease and they know exactly what they are doing so there's no time wasting which means a lot more variety of pictures to choose from. They arrived early to get the first shots of the day which i was dreading but ended up loving them all. The quality was just outstanding. There has been people that have seen the photos and wanted Charlie's number to book him for their wedding. Would not have any hesitation about recommending Charlie. The service we received after the day was exceptional as well and Charlie kept in touch. Thanks a million! Charlie and Sharon

Sent on 12/01/2009

Anna · Married on 08/08/2009

Charlie and his assistant were very professional at the wedding. They came early, listened to us on what we wanted, and took a ton of pictures without being intrusive. I never felt that they were in the way, but they got all the right shots. We haven't seen the photo album yet, but they already posted the pictures- and they are really beautiful. They are also a great deal! I'm excited to see our album and our video.

Sent on 09/02/2009
  • Irene & JT

Rosa Irene · Married on 01/10/2009

Studio Kama was great and working with Charlie (photographer) was our best choice he captured the most special moments of our special day and his work is highly recommended, a bit on the expensive side but if you love photos and what memories they leave behid it is def worth every penny. I totally recommend Studio Kama for anyone that wants perfect photos.

Sent on 07/21/2009

shannon · Married on 10/17/2008

Studio Kama is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i mean with every single shots, they had wowed us :)
    I am so happy with all the follow up services before the wedding and until the day before
    to confirm the time with me. Time management skills were excellent as well
    showed up early, all ready to roll and directing us to take more funner shots.
    it was grrrreat! thanks so much again to charlie!!!!
    i will definitely let my friends have you on their big day ( even though, i would like to keep you as my own photographer)
    so, studio kama!!!! yes indeed!

Sent on 10/25/2008

Thank you! Shannon.
  • F

Alleen · Married on 09/27/2008

They were great to work with... very professional and most importantly very creative. The photography was the best part from our wedding and I would recommend anyone who wants to have memories to cherish to use them. There were so many pictures to choose from for the album that we had a hard time picking, however, the way the album was designed is breath taking. We also had the video as well and it was equally as great.

My husband and I are both professional and highly recommend using Studio Kama!

Sent on 06/11/2009

Peter · Married on 06/20/2008

Charlie and Perry were so funny and really took the time and care to make sure they caught all the moments!
    I and my wife decided to meet them again later for our future baby's pictures. Thank you for your hard work.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Thanks Peter

Myra · Married on 03/22/2008

Working with Kama was an absolute pleasure!! I would recommend them to EVERYONE planning a wedding!!!! Kama has a patient and super-courteous staff that pays very close attention to detail. They keep an open line of communication at all times throughout the planning process. Overall their professionalism was top notch, and I am just thrilled with my experience. I cannot stress enough how great it was working with them. Custom built a wedding package to meet my specific needs, and they were worth EVERY PENNY. My wedding day was PERFECT, and I have PERFECT memories to show for it all because of them!! Kama exceeded my expectations in every capacity!

Sent on 04/21/2008

Thank you! Myra

Jennifer · Married on 12/22/2007

We just got our pictures back last week, and I can't stop looking at them. Charlie did a wonderful job of making both of us feel comfortable and capturing "us". I couldn't have asked for better pictures. Hw was always nest to me wherever I go.

Sent on 02/06/2008

Jacqueline · Married on 09/29/2007

By far, one of the best decisions that I've made on wedding vendors. I truly feel lucky that I found them. They have been in the front and back of the wedding planning with me for months. They have a great team of professionals who can work with you within your budget. They are always willing to stretch their limits to meet your standards. I will absolutely recommend them to my friends for hire.

Sent on 10/16/2007

Charlie Shin Storyteller's reply:

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!