Charlie Shin Storyteller Reviews

121 | Fairfax, VA

121 Reviews for Charlie Shin Storyteller

• Ethel

Ethel King · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Thank you for your hard work and beautiful vision of our wedding day. We greatly appreciate your professionalism and flexibility that allowed us to celebrate our cultures our way .

Sent on 12/20/2019

Jane · Married on 12/10/2019

Amazing pictures! Very enjoyable to work with.

Charlie was very friendly and professional starting from the consultation and till the end of the big event. Charlie and his team arrived 30 minutes early, and captured amazing pictures. He was very attentive not only to the wedding party, but also to the family and the guests. Charlie and his team were very agile; going in and out, but not intrusive at all, to capture all great moments during the wedding ceremony. Very satisfied with the result. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Shushu Kim · Married on 11/09/2019

Alluring! Unforgettable!

Simply love their photo style. A lot of money shots. Approach without interruption. My best decision to hiring Charlie. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Lydia

Lydia Lee · Married on 11/08/2019

You are helping us remember the most amazing day!"

“My husband I had Charlie Shin Storyteller as our wedding photographer. We opened the online gallery and we were blown away by the beautiful photos! Photos of my Dad and I getting ready made me and my dad cry, You really did a fantastic job capturing our big day! Charlie & Jay has ability to make all photos so beautiful, and his keen eye for lighting, what makes his photos so striking. Thanks Charlie & Jay ( Really fun second shooter). You are helping us remember the most amazing day!"

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • BARBARA

BARBARA · Married on 10/11/2019

Charlie's SHIN_ing Photos and Service

Charlie was great, not only as a photographer, but as a member of the wedding team, working to wrangle family for the best picture possible, and helping the bride get into her dress at the final moment.

We received our pictures days after the event, and we are in love with the special images he was able to catch

Thank you Charlie for making our dat special!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Lala Kim Long · Married on 07/07/2019

Made right choice!

Charlie photographed our wedding and the pictures were beautiful. I met with Charlie at his studio and was super impressed by his presentation. I didn't hesitate to sign with Charlieshin Storyteller and knew I made the right choice. There are many talented photographers out there, but Charlie is truly offering something high quality and different from the rest. Recommend him to others without doubt.

Sent on 12/13/2019

Kyle Busch · Married on 04/01/2019

I met Charlie when I was in DC

I met Charlie when I was in DC for my best friend’s wedding. He knows how to capture the important moments and he does it so effortlessly. If you looking for emotional and natural shoot, you don’t need need to look further. His price is reasonable. He didn’t charge for Air to come to Dallas. I totally LOVED the photos. All photos came out beautiful and so artistic.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Jayde Hana · Married on 02/03/2019

Entrust your big day to him!

We engaged Charlie from Charlieshin Storyteller because we met Charlie and his team covering my cousin’s wedding and very impressed. Charlie knew what to do exactly and was very professional. On Wedding day, Charlie gave very detailed information on where to place our hands & feet; how to stand & look. He has sharp eyes and already envision the picture in his mind before taking shots. We were quite worried about how the photos would turn out because our reception venue was dark, but photos was perfect. You should entrust your big day to him!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Davina.

Davina. Sunny Hunter · Married on 09/16/2018

Respectful of me and my husband

Thank you for capturing the moments and emotions. Charlie and Jay were perfectly engaged the big day. Charlie took gorgeous high angle shots with huge camera stand. 30feet above from ground.
    It looks like drone photos. They are great with parents and children. They made us feel superstar. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • Hazel

Hazel Clayton · Married on 08/12/2018

Daniel, Great Job!

We engaged Charlie Shin Storyteller for videography service. On our big day, Daniel and Jay assistant arrived early, took the initiative and began snapping away.Daniel captured all the precious moments really well with 5 different angles. Daniel was able to taped the moments for our wedding and we are more than satisfied with video highlight. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Louie

Louie Shinva · Married on 07/22/2018

Stunning! Do not Doubt!

We had an amazing time with Charlie and J. Absolutely amazed by the quality from all photos! The best experience!
    My husband and I were worried we would look unnatural. Charlie had a nice way of bringing out our personalities on the day and made us feel comfortable. Once we received the online gallery link we had a hard time narrowing down which photos we wanted for the album because we loved them all. “DO NOT DOUBT”

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • F

Farah Clayton · Married on 06/02/2018

Kept me calm on wedding day.

Charlie is truly an artist & it's our honor to have been photographed by Charlie & Jay for our wedding. They exceeded our expectations and We honestly felt so proud of them as we have never seen engagement photos turn out so nice. Charlie makes us feel not just comfortable, but truly happy.
    My wedding day would have been complete chaos. Instead, Charlie kept me calm and re-assured me that everything was going to be okay when we were behind of schedule due to the weather. My parents were so impressed by Charlie & Jay. My mom told me the next day how much fun Jay was as he went around and took candid photos of all of our guests.

I can't say enough about them and my three bridesmaids are using them for their wedding as well. Thank you Charlie & Jay for amazing photos. My husbsnd and I will definitely use Charlie again for another event in the future.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Charlotte Ross · Married on 03/11/2018

Amazing photos!

Thanks for the amazing photos. Charlie is reliable, prompt, and creative. After three days of wedding, he delivered the photos capturing the special moments that I want. Received compliments from guests for the big day photos! Thanks for making the day a special one.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Chole · Married on 03/04/2018

We were so glad we chose Charlie and Jay to be our photographers. We hired Charlie after calling  him and I thought he was great.
    They provided us with the best service and top notch photos. We loved his creativity.  We are speechless over our wedding book.  They were spectacular and I would recommend them.
    See you soon for upcoming baby!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Holly Danielovitch · Married on 02/24/2018

Best decision!

Reserved Charlie was by far my best decision regarding the wedding.
    I didn’t know where to start before signed the contract with Charlie. After that Charlie emailed me shooting instructions 101 for engagement session and wedding day. (Do and Don't on your wedding day! ) I was relaxed and enjoyed my big day. He really captured the breath taking moments of the day. Thank a million!!!!

Sent on 12/24/2018
  • Christy

Christy Singh · Married on 12/17/2017

Googled and Found best experiences we have had.

Found Charlie Shin through a google search on event and wedding photographer in DMV area.
    My husband and I were focused by the stunning pictures on landing page.
    Right from the start, Charlie was accommodating on a short notice for engagement shoot. The photos came out to my satisfaction. On wedding day, another great experience with Charlie and his team.
    Charlie pinned the boutonniere for my dad.
    They helped me throughput the day. it was fun with them. Photography is subjected to permanent taste, however if you looking for beautiful pictures and awesome services which are reasonably priced, look no further. Overall experience of my wedding photographer is Five stars.

Sent on 12/14/2018

kyle · Married on 12/10/2017

Thank you very much for everything!

We knew we wanted a phenomenal photographer for our wedding day and didn't know where to go. Charlie came highly recommended from one of our bridesmaid.

After 5 days of our wedding, we received 2000 proofs, all of them are great. I already know they are amazing and that's what's making the anticipation of an album so much harder! Charlie made our day so memorable and we are truly so thankful for that!

Unforgettable experience! Way beyond our expectation!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2017

I became a big fan of Charlie after I got my wedding proof. Charlie and his team were amazing!! Charlie did our engagement and wedding photos. Their work is absolutely gorgeous and they seem really great to work with! The prices were very reasonable and the quality was magnificent. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/15/2017
  • W

William · Married on 10/09/2017

Charlie was absolutely amazing! Always responsive, intuitive and where we needed him through the whole wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Chisun · Married on 09/29/2017

Photographed our Daughter’s boat wedding. Very professional quality photos. Easy to work with and exceed our expectations.

Sent on 11/13/2017

steven · Married on 09/15/2017

Charlie's creative approach in photographic our wedding from the few hours before the ceremony, during the ceremony and through the reception was very visible in the the resulting 500 plus photos. Then the resulting wedding book made us extremely happy.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Anita · Married on 09/09/2017

We hired Charlie Shin Storyteller to provide photography and videography services for our September 2017 Indian fusion wedding. We were having a hard time finding a wedding photographer, but when we met with Charlie and saw his work, we knew our search was complete. Charlie was fantastic. He and his team were on time and super easy to work with. We met and skyped with Charlie before our wedding to talk through all the details. On the wedding day we had 2 photographers including Charlie and 2 videographers. Our engagement and wedding photos turned out beautiful and we couldn’t be happier. Charlie really has an eye for shooting creative, stunning photographs. His photos are very unique, so our wedding and engagement photos don’t look anything like everyone else’s run of the mill wedding pictures. Charlie also created a photo album for us based on photos of our choice, and his layouts were gorgeous. He ran the layouts by us to make sure we were happy with everything. Overall, we could not speak more highly about Charlie’s photography. We were also happy with the videography. Overall, we highly recommend Charlie Shin Storyteller!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/01/2017

From the first time we both met Charlie and seen his work, we knew he was the photographer we were going to use! His creativity and imagination can definitely been seen in his photos. The photos he took of our wedding were absolutely beautiful and captured every great moment.

My husband was not too keen on getting a video but he is happy we did. Charlie took our wedding day and made an Mp4 video that captured the essence of our entire wedding in 10 minutes. This video file was able to be emailed easily so we were able to send it to our family that could not make it, especially those that are out of the country.

We even had a Photo Booth provided by Charlie. The guests really enjoyed this feature. We were happy to get copies of the photos so we can see the fun everyone had at our wedding.

Though, our wedding was only one short day, every time we watch our video or look at the photos, we can see the story and love that was there that day. None of this could of happened without Charlie Shin and his team!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Jina · Married on 04/30/2017

Charlie Shin worked so hard to capture every moments on our wedding day! We love his photos - thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Coco · Married on 12/31/2016

charlie is absolutely talented photographer! He is an artist with amazing eye, and he captured our wedding memories perfectly. He is great to work with, flexible and has reasonable price range.
    He was trying to capture something different. He adds a touch of sense to his work resulting in amazing shots. Also, Charlie was everywhere to capture our unforgettable memories.
    All photos on DVD are gorgeous. Many thanks to Charlie and his team. I am happy to recommend Charlie.

Sent on 06/24/2017