Charleston Cakes Etc Reviews

Charleston Cakes Etc 1
Charleston Cakes Etc 2

jessica owen · Married on 05/31/2019

A Dream Wedding Cake

Janie is the absolute best!!!!! Our wedding cake was an absolute dream and tasted AMAZING. Janie was so wonderful to work with and we cannot recommend her enough. We used her for both the Groom's cake as well as the wedding and are beyond thankful for everything she did for us!!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Charleston Cakes Etc 3
    Charleston Cakes Etc 4
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Simply the best!

Janie is simply the best to work with. Her cakes look and taste incredible and she is a joy to speak with. We couldn't be happier we chose her for our wedding and grooms cake!

Sent on 11/16/2018

We loved Janie from Charleston Cakes Etc! She was wonderful to work with and made our wedding cake vision come true! Her pricing was also very reasonable compared to other wedding cake vendors. Our wedding cake was delicious, and we got lots of compliments on it from guests. I would definitely recommend Charleston Cakes Etc.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Janie is great! We had a wonderful tasting with her, everything we tried was amazing. We chose two flavors for our wedding cake and gave her inspiration pictures how we wanted the cake to look. She was very easy to work with. When the day came the cake was beautiful and delicious. People are still asking me where is was from. Plus her prices are great. We cannot say enough about Janie and how good our cake was! Highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Julie · Married on 09/12/2015

Janie was a joy to work with! Not only are her cakes delicious, they were also reasonably priced when compared to other companies in the Charleston area. We shared with her pictures of ideas we had for both the groom's cake and wedding cake and were very pleased with how similar they ended up looking to those pictures! We had many guests rant and rave over how great our wedding cake was and even went back for seconds and thirds! From beginning to end, we could not be happier with the experience and will definitely be using her services again in the future:)

Sent on 10/31/2015

Hands down the best cake in the Charleston area! Janie and Charleston Cakes Etc did the absolute perfect job with our wedding cake. It looked absolutely amazing and tasted even better than it looked. There is no one else I would go to for any of our future cake needs.

Sent on 05/17/2015

The cake was beautiful and delicious. Janie wanted to provide us with exactly the cake we wanted with the perfect cake stand. At no time did she try to pressure us into buying more cake than we needed or wanted. She was so easy to work with. The cake was moist and delicious. Everyone loved the cake!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Rachael · Married on 11/22/2014

Janie is amazing! By far the best wedding cake you will EVER taste! Normal wedding cake is very dry, like pound cake, but Janie has a special recipe developed that allows her cakes to stay moist but also hold up to shape. She took the picture that we sent her and made an exact replica. It was absolutely stunning and we received so many reviews! She also made the groom's cake, which after the rehearsal dinner, we fought over who got the leftovers. It was carrot cake, and I would highly recommend it. My husband normally likes the run of the mill vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and doesn't like to venture too far away from that. From Janie's tasting, he wanted the carrot cake and the dulce de leche, which is very unlike him. Everything she had for the tasting was amazing, though. Without a doubt, an overall great experience with Janie. We've recommended her to several brides and grooms with upcoming weddings and will be using her for ourselves in the future.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Ann · Married on 07/12/2014

Janie did an amazing job with our cake and other desserts for that day! She helped us find a balance of desserts beyond wedding cake to meet all the needs of our guests. Thanks Janie for such a sweet treat on our special day!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Laila · Married on 04/05/2014

Janie was an absolute joy to work with! We talked over my vision for my cake and she came back with a sketch that matched my vision perfectly. She was so sweet throughout the entire process and was so easy to work with. Not to mention, her cakes are delicious!! I'm still hearing family and friends rave about how good our wedding cake was. She also made our groom's cake and it was SO detailed and beautiful in its design. And her prices are very reasonable so I would highly recommend Janie!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Our cake was AMAZING and DELICIOUS! Janie is incredible. We loved working with her and she made the most beautiful huge cake that everyone loved! It was by far the best cake we ever had.

Sent on 11/30/2013

Leslie · Married on 04/13/2013

Charleston Cakes, Etc. (Janie) provided the most beautiful and absolutely delicious wedding cake for our daughter’s wedding!! We had Janie’s cake at another wedding, so it was an easy choice for us when it came to OUR SPECIAL DAY!! Janie met with us for a tasting so we could choose which layers would have which flavors. She offers wonderful suggestions for the layers, icings, and designs - and she is an absolute joy to work with at all times! Our daughter and Janie together designed the cake tiers and decorations to be used on the cake and it was PERFECT – exactly what our daughter wanted! Every slice was eaten – excellent and scrumptious! We also asked Janie to make cake pops for the guests as a sweet treat to take as they left. She suggested her own “cake truffles” which she decorated in our daughter and son-in-law’s “signature monogram design”. They were wonderful, fun, wrapped and “ribboned” in the colors of the wedding – and soooo good!! Everything Janie makes is done with great care and a deep passion for what she enjoys doing – providing the best cakes possible for your special event! We love Janie!!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Meredith · Married on 03/16/2013

We are SO happy to have found Janie. We enjoyed the entire process with her - she is so warm, creative, and excited to be a part of your special day. She sketched a cake that I had dreamed of, but didn't think we could afford until we met Janie! It was stunning.. an absolute centerpiece at the reception. Many, many compliments on both how beautiful it was, and how delicious it tasted! I loved it so much, I had two pieces at my own wedding! We will absolutely call her again for other cakes and treats!

Sent on 04/08/2013
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 09/23/2012

I love everything about out wedding cake! She does a great job and doesn't cost an arm and a leg either! She did a great Carolina Mascot cake as well for the grooms cake! My Husband loved it!!! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Audrey · Married on 09/15/2012

Our cake was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/13/2013

marissa · Married on 08/11/2012

Perfect cake for a perfect price! :)

Sent on 08/20/2012

Laura · Married on 12/31/2011

AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL cake! Such an incredible value and I got so many compliments on how delicious my cake was. I got the traditional cake with coco lopez (something that she poured into the cake that tastes delicious but you can't see it). I wanted a white cake, so I had her use imitation vanilla. The real vanilla is better, but it was still spectacular and it was exactly like I wanted it! Janie was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Rebecca · Married on 10/04/2015

Janie did an exquisite job on our cake! I had a very specific idea about what flavors I wanted and how I wanted it to look, and she totally got it. On top of that, I got married during Hurricane Joaquin, and was so impressed that she drove in the crazy weather and flooding to make sure that we still had our cake. I was so glad I chose Janie!

Sent on 12/06/2015

I had a great experience with Charleston Cakes Etc. and would definitely recommend for wedding cakes! Janie and I met to discuss cake and icing flavors several months before the wedding, and it was great to be able to taste some of the options. She is very flexible with the cake orders and will make sure you are happy with whatever design you choose!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Krista · Married on 05/28/2016

3.5

Simply perfection. I used Janie from Charleston Cakes for my wedding cake, wedding dessert table and rehearsal dinner desserts. She mainly communicates through email. She was a pleasure to work with. Her positive attitude and helpful suggestions were great! I knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding cake (sent her a pictures) and she delivered spot on. I had 2 flavors for the cake: red velvet and chocolate. It was the best slice of cake I have ever had. We had about 8-9 dozen mini treats at a dessert table that ranged from mini cupcakes to tarts to cake pops. Not one dessert was left at the end of the night. Her work is beautiful, delicious, and photographs wonderfully. The best part is that this is VERY affordable, I have known couples to get half of what we ordered for twice the price. When I throw another event or host ANY party in Charleston I will be using her!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/22/2016