Charleston Alexander Diamond Importers Reviews

99 Reviews for Charleston Alexander Diamond Importers

1 User photo

Charleston Alexander Diamond Importers 1

B. Farmer · Getting married on 06/01/2019

Highly CA recommend for wedding/engagement rings!

Wow...is all I can say. I can’t say enough about the service I received from Karen and John at a Charleston Alexander. Karen is so friendly and welcoming.

I walked in with no idea what style, what size, or what type of diamond/ring I wanted. My fiancé gave me no hints or help prior to me going shopping. Thankfully Karen is able to match a ring with a persons style so well. She helped me pick out an individual center stone and match it perfectly with engagement setting and wedding band. It’s nice to see someone actually care about matching a ring with a persons personality, as opposed to people just wanting to make a sale.

The ring turned out absolutely stunning! Words can’t describe how beautiful it is. My fiancé is absolutely obsessed with it and refuses to take it off! Lol I highly recommend going to Charleston Alexander if you’re ring or diamond shopping. I live pretty far away, but if I’m ever looking to upgrade or buy more diamonds I will 100% be making the trip to see Karen and John. They gave me such a good price and incredible customer service A++ 💍👍🏼

Anastasiia · Married on 12/17/2017

If you want to find a perfect ring go to Charleston Alexander and ask for Jana. She is absolutely the best at what she does!

She helped me to find a perfect stone and was very attentive and followed up with me on every stage of the process.

We picked the stone and ordered it from their online website. But before my stone was shipped she did an additional quality control to make sure that it’s perfect. Unfortunately, it didn’t pass her quality check and she noticed some “cloud” inside it. Jana called me and told me about it even though I wouldn’t be able to notice it with the naked eye. She then found and ordered a different stone that was a much better quality and more expensive than the one I originally ordered but let me have it for the same price!!!

When I came to pick up my ring I was absolutely in love with it! It’s PERFECT!!!
    Thank you Jana!!! You are the best!!!

Brian · Married on 11/04/2017

After spending weeks if not months researching and shopping around at many other jewelers for the perfect engagement ring, I finally visited Charleston Alexander and knew right away that I had found the right place. By this point I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted, and Duane and Mical were incredibly helpful in creating the perfect custom ring with absolutely none of the pressure or sleazy sales tactics I experienced elsewhere. They were extremely knowledgeable, attentive to detail, and flexible when it came to working with my budget.

I'm also happy to say Charleston Alexander has been just as wonderful to work since this purchase. We've been back to get the ring resized as well as returning multiple times to have it cleaned and polished at no cost, even when we showed up once as they were closing the doors.

Needless to say, we went back to purchase our wedding bands, and couldn't be happier with the same level of service we received. We love our rings and highly recommend Charleston Alexander.

Joseph · Married on 08/05/2017

I purchased my wife's engagement ring, as well as both our wedding rings, from Charleston Alexander. The customer service is absolutely outstanding, as is the quality and variety for the prices. I worked with Jana Krnacova from my very first day at Charleston. Her knowledge and insight into the type of rings my wife and I wanted impressed me from the very beginning. At our first meeting, she spent over an hour introducing me to all the aspects of a diamond and how to determine what it was that I valued in an engagement ring. I provided her my budget and she actively monitored their diamond intake. Within a few weeks, she had contacted me with a ring that she thought was perfect (and well within my budget). IT WAS! I then continued to work with Jana for our wedding bands. Again, she provided outstanding service. For myself in particular, I wanted a groom's wedding band that was somewhat different from the traditional plain band. Jana found the perfect designer for me, and now every day when I look down at my left hand and see my wedding ring I smile. Charleston Alexander's prices are extremely competitive in this costly market. They offered me a 50% discount on my wife's engagement ring band since I bought the diamond from them. We also received several discounts and price matches on our wedding bands. In short, I am confident in saying I could not find a better price for the rings we purchased anywhere else! I would use them for any of my jewelry needs in the future and am always looking for excuses to go back in and visit the staff just to say hello. 5 of 5 stars!

Charleston Alexander Diamond Importers 2
  • F

Nancy · Married on 11/01/2015

I had been admiring my girlfriend's engagement ring for the longest time and of course asked her where her husband bought it from...Charleston Alexander! My then boyfriend now husband and I went there to check it out after our long search for my ring. I was greeted by Rick and I told him exactly what I was looking for and he knew immediately just the ring for me. I have small fingers (size 3.5) and didn't want something too overbearing. He said his wife has the same style I like and small fingers like me! He showed me the ring his wife has and I was head over heels when I saw the ring on my finger. I secretly knew that was the one! But compared to the rings my husband and I were looking at it was far out of our range. So we left and continued our search but every jeweler we went to I would always try to find a similar one to the one I saw at CA. The ring I wanted was a Tacori and the detail on their rings are so intricate, truly unique that there isn't anything like it. I had given up hope until my husband proposed and surprised me with the ring I wanted from CA! "AHHH!!!" was my replied to his proposal and my reaction to seeing the sparkling diamond ring in the royal blue ring box. I am madly deeply in love with my ring and catch myself staring at it in the elevator (it's so sparkly in there), typing, driving etc. Tacori has a lifetime warranty so even if CA closes you can go to any store that sells Tacori and they will honor the warranty. I noticed the Tacori stamp inside my ring, the letter "i" was faded from when they melted the gold to make the ring smaller. I brought it to Rick's attention and he took care of it, he sent it to Tacori to get it restamped with no charge. I love that CA will clean your ring every four months and one time when I went in for a cleaning I saw Rick and he told me if I wanted the matching band then Tacori is having an end of year sale. Yup, my then fiance got on the sale and I am one happy gal! Thank you so much Rick, you are the man!

Michael · Married on 07/11/2015

Rick Ramadan was an excellent salesman. He guided us through the purchase of our engagement ring last year and was able to find a perfect match for one of the sapphires when it fell out a few weeks ago. We were very pleased with the entire process.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 05/02/2015

We have had a wonderful experience with Charleston Alexander. First of all, I LOVE my engagement ring (hats off to my fiance who had zero direction from me and picked the perfect ring all on his own.) We went to Falls Church together to pick out our wedding bands and Venita made sure we were well taken care of. After taking one look at my ring, she pulled out a beautiful wedding band as if she had it waiting for me. It was perfect and I chose it right there on the spot. She cleaned my engagement ring while we looked for the perfect ring for him. Venita helped us through the process and made it seamless for us. Our rings shipped just a few weeks later and now our only complaint is that we have to wait until next May to wear our wedding bands! Thank you for making it so easy and for these beautiful rings we will cherish forever. I'll be in touch for another cleaning before the wedding!

• User3711971 · 2+ years ago

Rick and his team were wonderful. They custom made an engagement ring for us and it's stunning. I was pretty picky about my wedding band too but it is beautiful. They truly want us to be happy. We did a lot of research on diamonds and visited a few other big stores in the area. We compared their diamonds and found CA had the BEST prices of them all. Rick treated us like we were his best customers (we did spend a LOT there!) and made us feel really special. You can either do your own research or just trust me, they have the best diamond prices in the DMV!

Libby · Married on 09/06/2014

Charleston Alexander was wonderful! My husband had researched alot of different places for the engagement ring and felt Charleston Alexander had the best customer experience and value for the beautiful Tacori ring he picked out for our engagement! When looking for wedding rings, I wanted a very simple plain band, with no diamonds or extras. We had gone to 4 other jewelers to compare selection and price. Once again, we were blown away at how nice and welcoming everyone at Charleston Alexander was, especially compared to other jewelers in the Arlington/Tysons Corner/Alexandria area. They have a great selection in a huge range to meet different budgets. They aren't pushy or too sales oriented, where you feel pressured to upgrade to something else. They have been great to work with and I know for the next time we need jewelry, we aren't going to look around to all the other crummy jewelers but we will go straight to them!

Craig · Married on 08/20/2014

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ANY OTHER JEWELER!!! Take my advice as I spent months, weeks and hours becoming an expert in diamonds just to make a purchase, when I need not to. I wasted a lot of my time with other jewelers allowing them to run me around, giving me prices that were ridiculously high for the quality of diamond until I came to Charleston Alexander. Dwayne, the manager of the store, gave me a great education and a great price all-in-one and guaranteed the quality of the diamond as well as the price as being the best around. Believe me I checked around and his price beat the others by thousands of dollars. The service was a great experience and you can't beat that. And the price, well I was able to get a higher quality, bigger diamond for less price than what everyone else was giving me for a smaller and lower quality diamond. The entire staff was great and the owner was sitting on the premise and gave me the price that we need. The ring was available when they said it would be. My diamond up appraised for the thousands of dollars more than what I paid for. So in conclusion do not waste your valuable time with anyone else!

My fiance purchased my ring from Charleston Alexander in Falls Church. He worked with Benita to design a beautiful one of a kind ring. I have received so many compliments -- they did a great job. He had nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience. I took my ring to be sized and try on wedding bands -- the experience was better than I could have ever expected. Everyone was friendly and helpful and my ring was able to be sized and cleaned that day. Even when sizing the ring, I was walked through which sizes would work, how it felt, etc. in order to pick the best size. When it came back from being sized/ cleaned it looked brand new again and fit my finger perfectly. I can't wait to go back and pick out our wedding bands! My fiance and I have both recommended Charleston Alexander to our friends and family who are in the market for engagement rings!

My fiance purchased my engagement ring from Venita at Charleston Alexander. Her service was absolutely amazing. Here's why:

We live in Michigan. This jeweler is in VA.

My husband worked with my best friend to purchase the ring. And Charleston Alexander sent the ring to MI. Well, the ring never made it to MI. Somehow it was lost in transit. Instead of allowing Nate to just take that as a loss, they sent him another ring, expedited (he received it the day he planned to propose), AND the diamond was bigger for all of his trouble and heartache.

When I got the ring and the papers, I called Venita and she took me through a crash course of how to take care of my diamond and the best places to insure all of my jewelry. I actually have a pair of Tacori earrings that were purchased from there, and she mailed me the papers so I could get the insured.

She was a very kind to us.

Meg · Married on 05/19/2014

My husband bought my GORGEOUS engagement ring at Charleston Alexander last year. When he opened the box on a hot air balloon last summer, it took my breath away! I love that not only is it unique and custom made for me, but I can be confident in its undeniable quality! I will certainly be returning to Charleston Alexander to design/purchase my wedding band!

My husband worked with Jana at Charleston Alexander to create my engagement ring. He had a wonderful experience working with her. She was very easy to work with and very personable, we continue to come back to Charleston Alexander because of her. We purchased our wedding bands from this jeweler as well. Every time we visit them, their staff is very friendly and willing to help us with whatever we need. Their prices are very good, and they can work with any budget.

Amazingly helpful staff! They helped my fiance design the most beautiful engagement ring last year. They were so friendly and had such a great selection that we went back and bought our wedding rings there as well. The selection online is very pricy, but they have a much wider selection of price ranges in-store and can work with you to find jewelry that fits your budget. I bought a plain palladium band and they provided free engraving services to make a beautiful floral pattern on it.
    Super friendly, flexible, and talented artists.

Very pleased with service! They really took the time to make sure that my wedding band looked just right.

We purchased both my engagement ring and wedding band from Charleston Alexander. We were really impressed with the personal service we received. The employees we worked with offered very helpful suggestions and were friendly. Plus, they let me know I could bring my engagement ring in right before my wedding to get it polished, which was something I hadn't thought of, and this really made sure that my ring looked great in pictures.

• F

Frank · Married on 09/21/2013

CA has become a bit of a family jeweler. ....My son went there first for engagement ring and wedding bands, and I followed suit when I decided to remarry and I could not be happier.....the education they provided, the customer service, the value I received ....just outstanding...Thank you to Veneta for first rate service....Thanks very much Frank and Diane.

I love everything about this place! My husband bought my gorgeous engagement ring from here, so we decided to go back for our wedding bands - Afton helped us. They did a custom order for my husband's, and it turned out wonderful. Everyone is always extremely responsive and helpful, and I love that I can take our rings back to get cleaned and don't get charged for it!

I went to visit several different jewelers and even looked online, but ended up buying the engagement ring from Charleston Alexander. The sales team was very friendly and informative and they helped me stay within my budget. In the end, the price of the diamond and setting was quite fair. My now wife absolutely loved the ring and continues to get many compliments.

Based on the experience with getting the engagement ring, we went back together to get the wedding bands. My wife got a band to match her engagement ring and I got the wedding band I wanted for a low price.

We bought the insurance plan, so we take the rings in every 3-4 months for inspection and cleaning and they are always quick and it doesn't feel like a chore to do so.

If you are looking for a ring, make sure to stop by Charleston Alexander! We are very happy with the rings we have from there.

Monica · Married on 10/06/2012

My engagement ring was an antique and we got my wedding bands from a different jeweler. We took the set to Charleston Alexander and we were treated as if we had bought everything there. The staff there is very professional and nice!!! a very trustworthy shop!! They will have our business for life!

Kristi · Married on 08/04/2012

Great company where you can definitely find what you want, no matter the budget!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2012

My now husband went there to find an engagement ring and found one within an hour. We went back to find our wedding bands and also did that in a short period of time. I have also been back numerous times to have our rings cleaned, and the service has always been awesome.

My husband had a wonderful experience with my engagement ring, and we both had a good one with our wedding rings. They will design exactly what you want, and have the best prices in the city. I've recommended them to several people, who have also been very happy with their purchases.

sharon · Married on 03/08/2012

The first time I walked into Charleston Alexander was February 8th, 2012. That date marked a good amount of time since my husband and I began looking at rings. We visited several jewelry stores both in and out of the Country. The moment I walked into Charleston Alexander, I knew we were in the right place and that would be our last stop. We were greeted by Venita Peterson, an extremely pleasant and professional sales person who worked with us over three or four visits to arrive at the absolute perfect ring set! She guided us through the process, demonstrating extreme patience and in-depth knowledge of the industry. Each time we arrived there, the service was very personalized and the experience was enjoyable. I was nervous when the final product was ordered but at the end of the day, the final product was stunning and more than met our expectations! Did I mention that Venita worked with us so that we were well within budget? It was clear that she was far more interested in our satisfaction that our money. What a refreshing experience in a jewelry store! My husband and I also selected his wedding band from Charleston Alexander. Venitha was out so we were helped by Judy, who was also lovely and pleasant. Unfortunately there were some issues with the final band we selected for my husband and it did take a little bit of back and forth to get that resolved but we have to share some of the blame in the mess-up because we were under an immense time crunch. Nevertheless, Charleston Alexander agreed to replace my husband's ring with a new and flawless one. We recently picked up the replacement and I think we are in good shape there as well . Venita did say to let her know if there are any issues with it. We highly recommend Charleston Alexander of Bethesda and its friendly and wonderful staff. Venitha will see us again for future purchases! Side note, the beautiful Lori is fab too. You will be in good hands with there wonderful professionals.