23 Reviews for Charla Photography

todo alt text
High-Res Images (2)
Digital Files (2)
22 Charla Photography Reviews

We had the most amazing experience with Charla and her team. Our photographs were literally magical. We were so over the top pleased and grateful for her fabulous client service and her beautiful spirit.

Profile Picture Angela , 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Charla and her assistant took some of the best family photos we've ever had!

Profile Picture Joan, 6/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Charla was such a pleasure! She met our family for a quick sunset session at the Four Seasons Hualalai and immediately set us all at ease with her genuine demeanor and unobtrusive approach. She edited and delivered our photo gallery promptly and we are thrilled with the results! Thank you, Charla!

Profile Picture Carli, 11/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Charla photographed our extended family of ten while on vacation. She was very easy to work with and the photos turned out great.

Profile Picture Michele, 11/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Charla, thank you very much for the attention to detail in memorializing our wedding day, as well as our trash the dress session. There were so many stunning photos, fun photos, and you captured so many beautiful details. We are so appreciative of your professionalism and flexibility. I highly recommend Charla, and the only advice I have for future couples would be to send photos of your dress, attire, and ideas early, so the creative photography process can begin. Cheers to all!

Profile Picture Lynn, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Charla was awesome...my wedding pictures were exactly what I asked for.

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had a great experience working with Charla and her husband taking family photos. Charla was very prompt in responding and the pictures were great!

Profile Picture Tamara, 9/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Big Island is an important place for my fiance and I so we hired Charla for a combo family and engagement photoshoot during a family vacation. Charla was very responsive over both phone and email despite the Hawaii-East Coast time difference. Our family had not had any portraits taken in over two decades! We were all pretty nervous about being photographed and I especially do not like to be photographed. But Charla and Rick are so warm and made us feel very comfortable. The session was a fun and memorable experience on a beautiful beach (studded with resting sea turtles) Charla recommended to us. The photos truly are portraits and managed to capture the personality of me and my family members. Turn around time was very quick and the payment system was painless. The prices were very reasonable. Charla and Rick greatly exceed our expectations, both in the experience of the shoot and the finished product. I cannot recommend this studio enough.

Profile Picture User5637482, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Charla was amazing. The experience was like having your best friend as your photographer. She got to know us before, during and after the event. The pictures turned out great and would recommend Charla to anyone.

Profile Picture Don, 8/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had such a great experience! Our wedding day photos turned out amazing and we got them within a week! So great to work with Carla, she was professional but still had that extra sparkle!

Profile Picture Brittny, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Charla was very professional and captured all of our memories to perfection! I highly recommend her for your special event.

Profile Picture Pamela, 7/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Charla is absolutey wonderful! When my husband and I decided to have a destination wedding, we knew we would need an amazing photographer to capture our special day. Charla did not disappoint. She's creative and extremely professional. I supplied her with a list of "must have shots" and she captured what I wanted and so much more. Its been nearly 6 months since our wedding and I look at our wedding photos everyday (literally).

If you are on looking for a photographer to capture the romance and beauty the Big Island provides for weddings, look no further, call Charla!

Charla I know we said thank you before we left the Big Island to return to the mainland, but thank you again for capturing our wedding day so beautifully. All the photographs are absolutely lovely. Mahalo.

Profile Picture JANELLE, 7/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you're looking for real in the moment photographs that don't look staged then Charla is the one for you! She is incredibly professional while making you feel completely at ease. We met her the day of our wedding and couldn't have been happier with the beautiful optics that will last us a lifetime! She didn't miss a moment, thank you again Charla!

Profile Picture Christopher, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Charla was wonderful, she put my husband and I at ease and we are both awkward when you bring out a camera. The wedding photos are exactly what I wanted. Also, because I live on the mainland she helped suggest other vendors, which to me was above and beyond.

Profile Picture Sara, 2/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can only say that Charla was great!

Our wedding was at Hilton Waikoloa in Hawaii and Charla made such memorable and creative pictures. What I like the most is that she was able to "catch the emotion". These are the kind of pictures we wanted and that's exactly what we got.

Charla was very responsive and very good at follow-ups. It helped me reduce the stress and enjoy our wedding day! The final result is great and totally worth it! Our family and friends loved the pictures.
Now that the wedding is over, it seams like a dream, but looking at the pictures we have, I live every moment once again.

Thank you Charla and we wish you all the best!

Your pictures are already very valuable in our family collection!

Profile Picture Julia, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Charla was spectacular from start to finish! I could not have asked for anything more. She truly was perfection. The best pictures I have ever seen. Charla uniquely combined both a professional and personal approach to our wedding that allowed the experience to greatly exceed our expectations.

Profile Picture Mary, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

Charla went above and beyond for our big day. She was absolutely perfect for our wedding photographer. I knew it from the first time we spoke. She was very accommodating & fun! Thanks again Charla, for the memories you captured on film for us to cherish forever.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Not only were my wedding pictures amazing, Charla Thompson had my photos ready for me to review within a week! She posted my photos online so I could look at them and send them to my family and friends. Her website also made the photos available to order which I loved. She provided me with several picture discs that were labeled and well categorized so I could find specific photos. Charla is an amazing photographer and artist who captured emotion in every photo. She is great at organizing people for group shots as well which can be challenging. She captured everything and more. Most importantly, my husband and I have tons of photos of ourselves on out special day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Charla is a professional. She has a great eye for detail and for capturing natural, tender moments. She is a master of light & composition, and if you have ideas, she will incorporate them. We made a last minute choice to elope and probably could have had our hair trimmed or better coifed - but still, eveyone who received the pictures was able to share our special day and everyone remarks about how beautiful and happy we look in the pictures. Charla even caught a single tear on my cheek! Charla's photos enabled us to share the magic of our elopment on the Big Island of Hawaii with our family and friends at home. Recommendation: choose the time of day when the light is best for photography. Our marriage just before sunset made for some spectacular images.

Profile Picture User7440026, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

Charla is very talented and creative and a joy with whom to work! We will forever treasure the photos she took of our wedding and reception.

Profile Picture Geri, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ask for more candid shots vs. staged shots.

Profile Picture User7421348, 1+ year ago, 1 Review