Charizma Entertainment Reviews

Charizma Entertainment 4
Charizma Entertainment 5

Tavi · Married on 10/05/2019

DJ Tim and Dominique are AMAZING

Honestly we wanted Marz but he was already booked. He recommended Dj Tim and we took him up on the offer.

It was a great time. He was so nice and responsive and played all the hits. Dominique made sure to keep everything rolling and we had a great time. The dance floor had ppl on it all night. 10/10 and I wish we could replay the night again. Thank you guys so much!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Charizma Entertainment's reply:

Truly an amazing and touching evening. Your guests were full of energy and love. I could not help but "tear up" during your Mother/Son dance. Hearing the crowd sing it to you and watching the heartfelt response of you and your mother will stay with me as a great memory.
    Your DJ,
    Tim
  • Alec

Alec Krabbe · Married on 06/22/2019

Way More Than Your Average DJ!

This company is absolutely amazing and they have really shaken up what my wife and I have come to expect from a "wedding DJ". Their use of a DJ/MC combo keeps the energy of reception moving the entire time and they really know how to get EVERYONE up and moving! My wife and I first experienced Charizma Entertainment at my lifelong buddy's wedding where we first met the founder, Marz. Before the night was over he had received so many compliments that we just had to have him for our wedding the following summer. After sitting down and contacting them about the date Marz discovered he was booked, but assured us we would be in great hands with his partner, Walt. We initially thought that no one could top the MC performance that Marz brought at my buddy's wedding, but we were so mistaken! Walt absolutely rocked our wedding and yet again, the compliments flooded in! So many of our guests said that it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding and we couldn't agree more! No matter who your MC/DJ crew is, this company will put on a performance you and your guests surely won't forget!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Alec,
    I'm so thankful that you shared these kind words. When we met I knew that you and Stacey were looking for a difference maker at your wedding. WE LOVE WHAT WE DO AND DO WHAT WE LOVE! Good health and happiness and have a great summer!
  • Mary

Mary Lovelace · Married on 05/10/2019

Marz and Charizma are the BEST!!!z

Marz was PHENOMENAL! Full of energy! Had our guests dancing ALL night! Everyone agreed....BEST DJ EVER!!!
    You cannot go wrong using Charizma for your event! If I could give him 10 stars I would!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Dina

Dina Marie Saubert · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Wedding DJ in the biz!

We hired DJ Walt Downing via Charizma Entertainment and could not have been happier! Walt kept the party going all night long and ran the whole event like a true professional. I can not more highly recommend Walt!

If you want people to dance, laugh, and say "awwwwe" all night - hire Walt! If you want your event to be lame - hire anyone else.

I still have people who come up to me and remark about how Walt is the best wedding DJ they have ever seen and they are right!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Charizma Entertainment 6
    Charizma Entertainment 7

Nikki K · Married on 11/03/2018

Charisma/ Marz and Walt

Classy, fun, exciting, entertaining, energetic, interactive, and professional. They were absolutely AWESOME!! They kept everyone of all ages entertained and dancing throughout the night ( ceremony, cocktails, dinner, introductions, first dance, parents dances, and reception). Our guests were never bored ( even while dinner was being served). HIGHLY recommend!! If you want classy and entertaining for all, Charizma is the BEST choice for your DJ!!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Nikki,

Your family and friend really brought great energy to the wedding reception for the very start so I knew it was going to be a magical night. Thank you and Robin for believing in the Charizma Team. Happy Holidays! Your Dj Marz
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 10/05/2018

A Fantastic Experience!

Marx and his team are the absolute best!! We could not have selected a better DJ for our wedding. Charizma Entertainment provides the music for both our ceremony and wedding reception, and they were absolutely amazing! We received so many compliments from our guests regarding their quality of service. Not only are Marz and his team extremely prompt and professional, they also provide a fun, interactive and enhanced experience well-above your standard wedding DJ. Our reception was a total blast, and I fully credit Marz and the Charizma team for helping make our day so wonderful. I would recommend their services to anyone looking to hire a DJ in the Chicagoland area. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Charizma Entertainment 8

Antoinette · Married on 09/07/2018

Charizma Entertainment was the best choice we made for our wedding. The amount of energy and professionalism that was displayed throughout our reception was astonishing. Every friend and family member at our wedding raved about our choice of vendor. We even had a friend cancel her initial DJ for her summer wedding in order to hire Charizma Entertainment. She was THAT impressed. We loved working with Charizma and the entire process of working with them was incredibly smooth and fun-filled. DJ Marz has a great sense of humor and a remarkable talent. He is incredible at reading the crowd and knowing how to keep guests on the dance floor all night. Most importantly, he knows how to keep the guests wanting more! He would sing and dance with the crowd, and he never let the energy in the room die down. Everyone left that wedding with amazing memories. I am so sad it's over! I can't wait for all my friends and families to book Charizma Entertainment for their future weddings so that my now husband and I can relive the excitement we experienced on our wedding day. We also cannot wait to see DJ Marz again! Everyone who works for Charizma Entertainment is extraordinary at what they do!

Sent on 09/13/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2018

I'm not sure where to begin... Marz at Charizma was absolutely amazing to work with! From the beginning, he is extremely organized and knows how to make brides release their control, and let him do his amazing job. He truly made our night, the best night of our lives! He had everyone moving and dancing, no one ever sat down!!! He made sure we never had a lull or dull moment at the wedding!!! The DJ was one of our most important vendors, and THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!! You will not regret using Charizma Entertainment for your DJ services!!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Charizma Entertainment 9

Phoenix · Married on 07/21/2018

Hiring Charizma Entertainment was the best possible choice for our wedding. With a guest list of 150 and a family that loves to party, Charizma went above and beyond to keep the party going! Marz and David were our DJ/MC pair and they were so much fun! My husband even got a chance to DJ for a while and everyone loved it! Music wise, they seemlessly mixed the music perfectly and never stayed to long on one song. Seriously, my entire family was dancing for hours and hours! They also were great at keeping everything running smoothly and on time. Again, Charizma was the best possible choice for us, they did an amazing job. A few of our wedding guests are looking at them now for their own events!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Charizma Entertainment 10

Phoenix,
    So much fun with you and Dj Alex jumping in for a quick set. I glad you had me on duty for the wedding. Semper Fi and good health to you and your family. I know we will celebrate together again.

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

We are so glad we went with Charizma Entertainment for our wedding. We had come across Charizma through--funnily enough--a work Christmas event, where Marz had done an excellent job as an emcee and had referred to the eventual bride-to-be as the "Devil in the Blue Dress." Having this good vibe with Marz already, we were happy to work with him, but we have to say that him and his DJ exceeded all expectations. We had been expecting a great time, but had not anticipated that he would have all the tables up and dancing with his 45 second dance off contests, and that he would get the mother and sister of the bride up on the dance floor. Simply put, if you want the ultimate "hype" man, go with Charizma Entertainment, and request MC Marz. Thank you so much for making our wedding so much fun.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Nicole
    Thank you for the kind words. Seeing you just moments before you walking into your ceremony and then later bouncing around the dance floor was a true pleasure. I wish and Dustan good health and success in our marriage and life.
    Your Hype Man Marz
  • KourtniJones

Kourtni · Married on 04/22/2018

5 stars is just not enough. Marz was absolutely amazing! From our first meeting, to the day of the wedding he took care of any and every detail, to ensure that I had nothing to worry about. With everything going on with the wedding, Marz made sure that the planning process regarding the music couldn't be easier. On the day of our actual wedding, he made sure that everyone was up and having a great time at our reception. Our day would have not been nearly as memorable without Marz and Charizma Entertainment there.. so a million times THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Paige · Married on 11/04/2017

I literally CANNOT say enough good things about our DJ, Walt! We went to a wedding a few years before where he DJ'd and I knew right then I wanted him for my wedding and I wasn't even engaged yet. Fast forward 3 years and Walt put on the best show. He gets the crowd involved from start to finish, he gathered some guys to serenade me during dinner, he taught guests new dances, he freestyle rapped and was dressed so sharp! Our guests raved about him and continue to talk about how he was the highlight of our wedding reception. If you want an amazing party, seriously, book Walt!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Janna · Married on 10/06/2017

So, it’s been three days since my daughter’s wedding, and I haven’t been able to post a review because I’M STILL DANCING! Charizma knocked it out of the park! Everyone at the reception has commented that it was the BEST WEDDING EVER!
    These people are pros: Marz and Walt (and team) worked with us in the planning stage to ensure that my daughter and son-in-law’s entertainment vision was met. Marz peppered them with questions to ensure that he was in sync with their ideas. Marz made sure to include all the special shout-outs and recognitions that we gave him.
    These folks worked the room. My 90-year-old mother was having a blast, and she commented that “they really know what they’re doing.” At one point, EVERYONE was on the dance floor… even Aunt Jeannie with her walker! Walt and Marz read the group and kept the music going all night long! I’ve already had 2 referral requests for Charizma!
    There are not enough stars to rate the Charizma team. They exceeded expectations in every respect: from planning through execution, they made the evening memorable… not just for my daughter, but for every guest in attendance. Charizma rocks!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Brittany · Married on 08/05/2017

I wish our review of Marz & Charizma could just be a video of our wedding. If you want all your friends and family to have the best night of their lives… go with Charizma. We had so many people come up to us and tell us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. That is all because of Marz and Walt!!!! Marz noticed a few potential hiccups before the reception started and pulled us aside to knock it out fast and make sure everything was perfect. His attention to detail was beyond impressive. When we had a meeting with Marz he asked us what would you like us to play, we said “I don’t care, just make sure everyone has a good time and is on the dance floor”. A very difficult task in our opinion but they delivered better than we could have ever expected (maybe a little too much because they put people in such a good mood they started dancing on chairs…. Myself included). We have already recommended them to a close friend of ours who was unable to attend our wedding because they were off getting engaged. When I got back to work after our honeymoon, my whole office had heard about how awesome our reception was and how great of a time all of my coworkers had. We can’t give enough praise to Marz and Walt. I wish I could give them 50 stars. We are so thankful to the both of them and everything they did for us. Everyone says that your wedding day is the happiest day of your life but because of them it was also hands down the most fun we have ever had.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Becky · Married on 07/28/2017

We were beyond pleased with our experience, from start to finish. Our guests continue to talk about the DJs (and so do we). The music and flow of the evening was perfect. Uplighting added an elegance to the room and elevated the dance floor. We keep brainstorming ways we can work with Walt & Marz again!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2017

Charizma came recommended to us by a friend of ours and her family who had Walt as the Emcee at a cousin's wedding. After speaking with Marz over the phone and taking a look at some of their videos, we were 110% sold! They made the planning process so easy -- they've got an online portal that you can submit all your song requests and enter your event timeline. On the day of the wedding, Walt was super helpful - checking in on us during dinner and boy oh boy did he put on a show! From the impromptu dancing/singing at the dinner tables to the jam packed dance floor... we can't say enough great things about Walt & Charizma. We had people contacting us the next day about what a great wedding it was and how much fun they had dancing! I wish we could have them at every party we threw! :)

Sent on 07/17/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/27/2017

Marz was so amazing!! He was one of the best parts of our wedding!! He was so much fun to work with throughout the wedding planning process. Charizma is very organized and they have a portal to input wedding requests and songs so that it makes things very easy! Marz also did an amazing job assuring me that he had things covered and that everything would run smoothly on the wedding night (I was very nervous and high strung). He got the party started from the first song and kept things going all the way till the end! Our wedding was two weeks ago and we still have people telling us how much fun they had and how great of an emcee Marz was! I would HIGHLY recommend Charizma (and especially Marz) for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Eva · Married on 05/27/2017

They take care of engaging the guests so you don't have to. Got to enjoy my wedding without worrying about getting everyone up to dance, received many compliments during the reception, including guests saying they usually never dance but the DJ got them going.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Hi Eva,
    It was great to see the happy bride. The smile on your face let you guest know that you were truly enjoying the moment. Thank you for sharing the day with the Charizma family. I wish love, support, and good health to you and Ben

- Walt D.

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2017

We absolutely loved Charizma. From start to finish, they were professional, responsive, and fun. Leslie was our emcee and DJ. I have never seen a dance floor fill up so quickly, and many of my guests said it was the most fun they have had at a wedding, which I know is in large part thanks to Charizma. She got everyone very excited during our intros, and perfectly transitioned between the different moments during the wedding. I have absolutely no complaints! We will be recommending to our friends, and some of our guests are already hoping to use Charizma for their own weddings. Thank you!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 04/29/2017

All I have to say is OMG! Walt did a fantastic job!!' My dance floor was packed all night!!! Charizma knows what they're doing if you're looking for a super fun reception! My dance floor was so packed they stayed an extra hour!!! Highly recommend if you want people talking about your wedding for months afterwords. Walt made our reception and we wouldn't have changed a thing!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Emily · Married on 04/29/2017

When my husband and I got engaged we had a family member call us raving about Marcellus... best DJ out there. We made contact shortly after and I'm glad we did because he books up quickly. Choosing a DJ/MC really does set the tone for your reception and if you want people dancing and having a great time, you will be thrilled with Charizma Entertainment. Marcellus knows how to get things going and keep up the fun!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Emily,
    We had a great time on such a rainy night in Chicago. Thank you for taking your Uncle advice and giving Charizma a shot. It worked out great for both of us. I wish you and Matt good health and happiness for the rest of your days.

Much love,

Stephanie · Married on 01/07/2017

Charizma truly made our reception. Walt was fantastic and guests were raving about our DJ. My friend is using them for her wedding next week and I have given out their name multiple other times since the wedding. Thanks SO much!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Julia · Married on 12/17/2016

There are not enough words to express how happy we were with Charizma! We got married Saturday and if there is one thing about our wedding that ALL of our guests have raved about it was our DJ's! Marz and his associate were phenomenal! The crowd was pumped from start to finish, and there was never a moment when the dance floor was empty. Marz has an incredible stage presence and I especially appreciated that he would get on the floor and dance with the guests. One of my favorite moments from the night was when Marz played "Rock Lobster" for my dad, and he came on to the dance floor to go crazy with us! Unforgettable! This man knows how to get a party started and keep it going until the very last moment. He was incredibly interactive with the crowd. He is a force to be reckoned with. These guys know what they're doing, and they were worth every penny. We had a great party, and we have Marz to thank.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Julia & Joe,

Thank you for allowing to me to cap a great end to my season by being the MC Host for your wedding. As I told you that night I'm passionate about celebrating the special moments we all have in our lives. I'm aware that you have recently purchase your first new home. I and the Charizma team want to wish your a happy holiday season. Lastly, a big thumbs up for requesting " Rock Lobster" your dad was crushing on that song.

Much love

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2016

Our wedding was only 9 days ago (October 22, 2016) and I'm already having withdrawals. Walt was AMAZING as MC and everyone at our reception raved about him. He even helped my now husband and I with some moves for our first dance. My situation was unique in that our wedding was in Chicago (my hometown) but my husband and I live in Los Angeles. Walt was more than accommodating in making sure to schedule face time meetings with us and make sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. The uplighting package was astounding and so beautiful. I walked in the room not knowing what to expect and I was simply blown away! I want Walt to be my hype man just for life in general. When I go to Starbucks, I want him there hyping up the barista to spell my name right. Lmao! Marz was also excellent to work with; the whole team was! I HIGHLY recommend you use Charizma for your next event. I'm so sad it's over but the memories will last us a lifetime.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Hello Ashley,

I can't thank you enough for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day. I had a blast dancing with you, family, and friends. And If you ever want to become an emcee your mic skills are on point. Enjoy the weather in LA and know that your will always be a great memory for myself and Charizma.

Sincerely,

Walt

Mark · Married on 10/15/2016

Marz and Marty were the Bomb!!! They made our wedding amazing. Had the crowd excited, dancing, and they were both genuinely happy to help in any way possible. Charizma Entertainment went above and beyond for our wedding. If you want a professional, exciting, fun, and truly memorable experience you need to book with Marz and Charizma Entertainment. Trust me, by the end, you are family to them. Not just a client. Thanks again Marz for making everything Magical!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Mark,
    What can I say other than WOW! You and your friends from the dealership know how to crank it up. But my 2 best moments of the night were seeing you dance with your wife Kristin, and later with you daughter Isabelle. As a father I will be there someday. Thank for a snapshot view of the future and how sweet it will be. Let get the girls together for a play date.
    Nothing but love Marz