195 Reviews for Charizma Entertainment

Projector (2)
Disco Ball (1)
Flat Screen (1)
115 Charizma Entertainment Reviews

I literally CANNOT say enough good things about our DJ, Walt! We went to a wedding a few years before where he DJ'd and I knew right then I wanted him for my wedding and I wasn't even engaged yet. Fast forward 3 years and Walt put on the best show. He gets the crowd involved from start to finish, he gathered some guys to serenade me during dinner, he taught guests new dances, he freestyle rapped and was dressed so sharp! Our guests raved about him and continue to talk about how he was the highlight of our wedding reception. If you want an amazing party, seriously, book Walt!

Profile Picture Paige, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

If you want your wedding to be an epic party, stop your search because you will not find better than Walt and Charizma. Walt was the MC for our wedding on 8.19.17 and he went above and beyond the role of DJ and was better than we could have ever imagined. From our original meeting with him, we knew he would make our wedding a blast. He was very attentive during the planning process making sure he understood what we were looking for and checked in with us multiple times throughout the night to make sure he was meeting our expectations. From spontaneously having the room sing sweet caroline at dinner (which was just amazing) to his music selections and interactions with our guests, he really knows how to read a room and keep the party going. Our dance floor was full the entire night and everyone kept asking where we found Walt. I still get comments 6 months later about how amazing he was. We could not say enough good things about Walt and I am so happy we found him for our wedding. Do not hesitate to book Walt/Charizma for any event, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

I wish our review of Marz & Charizma could just be a video of our wedding. If you want all your friends and family to have the best night of their lives… go with Charizma. We had so many people come up to us and tell us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. That is all because of Marz and Walt!!!! Marz noticed a few potential hiccups before the reception started and pulled us aside to knock it out fast and make sure everything was perfect. His attention to detail was beyond impressive. When we had a meeting with Marz he asked us what would you like us to play, we said “I don’t care, just make sure everyone has a good time and is on the dance floor”. A very difficult task in our opinion but they delivered better than we could have ever expected (maybe a little too much because they put people in such a good mood they started dancing on chairs…. Myself included). We have already recommended them to a close friend of ours who was unable to attend our wedding because they were off getting engaged. When I got back to work after our honeymoon, my whole office had heard about how awesome our reception was and how great of a time all of my coworkers had. We can’t give enough praise to Marz and Walt. I wish I could give them 50 stars. We are so thankful to the both of them and everything they did for us. Everyone says that your wedding day is the happiest day of your life but because of them it was also hands down the most fun we have ever had.

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were beyond pleased with our experience, from start to finish. Our guests continue to talk about the DJs (and so do we). The music and flow of the evening was perfect. Uplighting added an elegance to the room and elevated the dance floor. We keep brainstorming ways we can work with Walt & Marz again!

Profile Picture Becky, 7/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Charizma came recommended to us by a friend of ours and her family who had Walt as the Emcee at a cousin's wedding. After speaking with Marz over the phone and taking a look at some of their videos, we were 110% sold! They made the planning process so easy -- they've got an online portal that you can submit all your song requests and enter your event timeline. On the day of the wedding, Walt was super helpful - checking in on us during dinner and boy oh boy did he put on a show! From the impromptu dancing/singing at the dinner tables to the jam packed dance floor... we can't say enough great things about Walt & Charizma. We had people contacting us the next day about what a great wedding it was and how much fun they had dancing! I wish we could have them at every party we threw! :)

Profile Picture User6944928, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

Marz was so amazing!! He was one of the best parts of our wedding!! He was so much fun to work with throughout the wedding planning process. Charizma is very organized and they have a portal to input wedding requests and songs so that it makes things very easy! Marz also did an amazing job assuring me that he had things covered and that everything would run smoothly on the wedding night (I was very nervous and high strung). He got the party started from the first song and kept things going all the way till the end! Our wedding was two weeks ago and we still have people telling us how much fun they had and how great of an emcee Marz was! I would HIGHLY recommend Charizma (and especially Marz) for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

They take care of engaging the guests so you don't have to. Got to enjoy my wedding without worrying about getting everyone up to dance, received many compliments during the reception, including guests saying they usually never dance but the DJ got them going.

Profile Picture Eva, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved Charizma. From start to finish, they were professional, responsive, and fun. Leslie was our emcee and DJ. I have never seen a dance floor fill up so quickly, and many of my guests said it was the most fun they have had at a wedding, which I know is in large part thanks to Charizma. She got everyone very excited during our intros, and perfectly transitioned between the different moments during the wedding. I have absolutely no complaints! We will be recommending to our friends, and some of our guests are already hoping to use Charizma for their own weddings. Thank you!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

All I have to say is OMG! Walt did a fantastic job!!' My dance floor was packed all night!!! Charizma knows what they're doing if you're looking for a super fun reception! My dance floor was so packed they stayed an extra hour!!! Highly recommend if you want people talking about your wedding for months afterwords. Walt made our reception and we wouldn't have changed a thing!!!!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

When my husband and I got engaged we had a family member call us raving about Marcellus... best DJ out there. We made contact shortly after and I'm glad we did because he books up quickly. Choosing a DJ/MC really does set the tone for your reception and if you want people dancing and having a great time, you will be thrilled with Charizma Entertainment. Marcellus knows how to get things going and keep up the fun!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marz was an amazing MC--worth every extra penny to work with him in particular. He really understood our personalities and was a great help picking music and keeping the party at high energy the whole time.

Profile Picture Anna, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones

Charizma truly made our reception. Walt was fantastic and guests were raving about our DJ. My friend is using them for her wedding next week and I have given out their name multiple other times since the wedding. Thanks SO much!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

There are not enough words to express how happy we were with Charizma! We got married Saturday and if there is one thing about our wedding that ALL of our guests have raved about it was our DJ's! Marz and his associate were phenomenal! The crowd was pumped from start to finish, and there was never a moment when the dance floor was empty. Marz has an incredible stage presence and I especially appreciated that he would get on the floor and dance with the guests. One of my favorite moments from the night was when Marz played "Rock Lobster" for my dad, and he came on to the dance floor to go crazy with us! Unforgettable! This man knows how to get a party started and keep it going until the very last moment. He was incredibly interactive with the crowd. He is a force to be reckoned with. These guys know what they're doing, and they were worth every penny. We had a great party, and we have Marz to thank.

Profile Picture Julia, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding was only 9 days ago (October 22, 2016) and I'm already having withdrawals. Walt was AMAZING as MC and everyone at our reception raved about him. He even helped my now husband and I with some moves for our first dance. My situation was unique in that our wedding was in Chicago (my hometown) but my husband and I live in Los Angeles. Walt was more than accommodating in making sure to schedule face time meetings with us and make sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. The uplighting package was astounding and so beautiful. I walked in the room not knowing what to expect and I was simply blown away! I want Walt to be my hype man just for life in general. When I go to Starbucks, I want him there hyping up the barista to spell my name right. Lmao! Marz was also excellent to work with; the whole team was! I HIGHLY recommend you use Charizma for your next event. I'm so sad it's over but the memories will last us a lifetime.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
2.6

We had originally had a DJ from Charizma but something happened where she couldn't do our wedding so Marz stepped up. I was really happy with that. Just be really clear with what you want. After looking at my wedding video, Marz didn't announce the mother of the bride correctly and said mother of the groom instead, butchered last names, didn't stick to the schedule so the best man's speech was horrible because it was dessert time and drinks were flowing, and the electric slide was played that the bride put on the banned list. Warning just be really really clear of expectations! I would not recommend this company for a wedding.

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marz and Marty were the Bomb!!! They made our wedding amazing. Had the crowd excited, dancing, and they were both genuinely happy to help in any way possible. Charizma Entertainment went above and beyond for our wedding. If you want a professional, exciting, fun, and truly memorable experience you need to book with Marz and Charizma Entertainment. Trust me, by the end, you are family to them. Not just a client. Thanks again Marz for making everything Magical!

Profile Picture Mark, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We highly recommend using them! We had Walt and he was amazing. He had everyone and I mean everyone dancing. He was very professional and made sure that me and the groom were happy the entire night. They are a little pricey but we feel that they are worth the price. Many people asked for his business card and are still asking me for who we used.

Profile Picture Lori , 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marz is great! He really gets the party going! We loved him.

Profile Picture jill, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Book Charizma! Marz was absolutely fantastic. We were grateful we could do a Facetime appointment for our first meeting from where we live in Milwaukee instead of having to drive to the Chicago suburbs on a weeknight. That meant a lot. We knew from the first moment we saw him wearing a Mickey Mouse with DJ headphones T-Shirt that Marz was just cool and would probably work well with our movie themed wedding. And Marz and Charizma did not disappoint. From the first song I heard when I walked in the door, to the Disney songs playing throughout dinner, to the numerous requested songs he played for us we knew he listened to and understood our thematic goals plus he had added ability to make us feel like the most important people in the world on our wedding night. Marz not only helped get our guests to the dance floor ( can't thank you enough!) but also got them dancing with fun, inclusive dances appropriate for all abilities. Marz is one of the funniest, kindest and most energetic people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Book Charizma!

Profile Picture Jessica , 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Charizma, and especially Marz, was absolutely wonderful! Because of him, our wedding ran smoothly and was so much fun! He kept people on the dance floor all night and every guest raved about him in the days following the wedding! I HIGHLY recommend him for your event!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

It was such an absolute pleasure to work with Charizma for our wedding, and especially with Marz as our emcee! He was so professional with everything that he did and he made sure that our night was that much more special! Everything ran so smoothly and he made sure that we had nothing to worry about! I would absolutely love to work with them again and would recommend them to anyone who wants to have an amazing and special time!

Profile Picture Mara, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would say BOOK!! From day one while planning up to the wonderful wedding, Charizma was wonderful to work with in every way. There is absolutely nothing I would have changed. Don't miss out...book now! We loved everyone in this company!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Charizma does a great job. Everyone has had fun at both our events with them. Marz is a fantastic host.

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Charizma Entertainment brought joy and the party vibe to our wedding this past September. We hired Marz as our MC and he was phenomenal!!!! I asked for one thing they day we met- to make every guest of ours dance and have a great time. He delivered! All of our guests were on the dance floor and having an amazing time. My husband and I were barely sitting down but danced the night away. His crew and him are an amazing pair and I would recommend Marz to anyone. He made sure the day ran smoothly. Although there were some unexpected moments in our wedding, like no father and daughter dance, Marz reassured us that it would all work out in the end and it did! He really put us at ease with the music selection and the vibe of our wedding. He made our wedding an unforgettable day to our guests and us!

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC