Chapel in the Pines Reviews

22 Reviews for Chapel in the Pines

• Amanda

Amanda K. · Married on 10/19/2019

Elopement Ceremony

Elopement ceremony was beautiful! Staff was respectful, punctual, and responsible. Very flexible with anything we needed. Love it!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • SARA

Sara · Married on 10/05/2019

Charming Chapel

Wow, beautiful well-kept grounds of various flowers and vegetation - perfect setting for an outdoor wedding. Unfortunately our scheduled outdoor wedding was rescheduled indoors to the Chapel when the sky darkened and rain poured down. When we began our search for a venue, we knew we wanted a venue that supplied a warm inviting atmosphere indoors for our ceremony to be held if inclement weather arose and the Chapel was just that. The staff was friendly and well organized to keep our day on schedule. Jeff was quick to reply to our emails and calls. Howard was our charming officiant and offered humor when needed during the ceremony for the nervous bride & groom. The Reception hall was beautiful and held our 124 guests comfortably and offered a large enough dance floor. Nicely located inside the hall is their own photo booth (extra cost, but worth it) with updated props. Included is a beautifully decorated scrapbook which Coordinators maintain throughout the night placing photo strips inside the book allowing wedding guests to sign alongside their photo. Guests also receive a photo strip to take home. Thank you Chapel in the Pines for mementos day!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect day

We were married 8/31 at chapel in the pines and it was the most amazing easy experience. From the setup to the end of the night we got so many compliments about the venue and staff. Plus we have some of the most unique and beautiful wedding photos

Sent on 09/11/2019

Chapel in the Pines's reply:

We really enjoyed hosting your wedding Kendra, we wish you and Philip a wonderful life together! Cute picture of you two in front of our new shed!

Sara G. · Married on 08/02/2019

Beautiful property

You won't regret having a small ceremony here. My husband and I renewed our vows at the beginning of August, just us and our two kids. It's the ceremony we wish we had the first time around

Sent on 08/15/2019

Tiyuana B. · Married on 07/07/2019

Absolutely Marvelous Venue

Everything and everyone was exceptional!! They made sure the entire event went smoothly and that my 80 year old grandmother was truly cared for in the hot July sun. I will becoming back to view my stone and renew vows in a few years.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Amy

Amy S. · Married on 07/07/2019

Wonderful Venue

This venue was incredibly beautiful, the gardens were in full bloom and the ceremony was outside in the sunshine! There was plenty of shade and places to sit and explore outside and the reception area was perfect for what we needed

Sent on 08/06/2019

Anthony C. · Married on 04/13/2019

Very accommodating and extremely professional

I have been to many weddings in the past. Last year on April 13th 2019 my wife and I were married at Chapel in the Pines. I could not have had a more peaceful well maintained property than Chapel in the Pines. The whole staff was not only helpful but very knowledgeable. I would not only reccomend it but my wife and I want to have our vows renewed again some years down the road just to feel young again and enjoy the beautiful property again!

Sent on 04/14/2020

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

We booked Jeffrey Petersen to perform our ceremony in Maple Park, IL. Jeffery was very professional and was great to work with. He was helpful and helped make the ceremony run smoothly. Very happy we chose to have Jeffery Petersen as our officiant on 9/16/17!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Catherine · Married on 07/16/2017

We had such a beautiful wedding here! They were super professional and top notch! Donna was amazing with coordinating everything Day of and making it all run smoothly.

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2014

Aside from the grounds being stunning, The Petersen's at the Chapel In The Pines have been absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. They answer e-mails quickly and with professionalism and they are so flexible and helpful with planning your big day. They are very accommodating with everything that I request. We couldn't have picked a better place to share our big day with friends and family!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Karin · Married on 10/26/2013

This is a fantastic and magical place for a wedding. Though my wedding was smaller (about 40) everyone treated me wonderfully. The assistants are there to help with every detail and the officiant was wonderful. Everyone I spoke to at my wedding asked me, "Where did you find this place?" They were in awe of the beauty and serenity of the setting.
    I could not have asked for a more beautiful place for my wedding. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/11/2013
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 10/05/2013

Chapel in the Pines is an adorable chapel on in the country away from it all. If you want to get married outside they have a gazebo in a beautiful garden. They also have a very charming dressing room for the bride. I would have also like to use their reception hall, but I was having a very small wedding. The owner was a sweet lady that came to see if I needed anything before my wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2014

Susan · Married on 12/27/2012

Chapel in the Pines is not only a beautiful venue but the staff (namely Jeff) as we had the most contact with him went above and beyond what we had expected...he made our special day perfect. I would highly recommend this venue to all my friends and anyone looking for a beautiful and memorable place to have your wedding or renew your vows.

Sent on 04/26/2013

Jeanie · Married on 06/30/2012

This place is amazing! We did a photo booth, reception, and wedding all at their venue. Great value, so romantic, and it was my absolute DREAM WEDDING! Over a year later, I still to this day get compliments on how awesome our wedding was!

They took care of everything, and I just got to enjoy myself on my wedding day, as it should be!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Alyssa · Married on 06/18/2016

Chapel in the Pines was a GORGEOUS venue for my outdoor June wedding! The grounds are always kept up so nicely and it's apparent that the family that owns the property (Petersons) take a lot of pride in their work. Everyone in the family is extremely friendly and helpful. Jeffrey is who we mostly were helped by during the whole wedding process. He was always very responsive and willing to let us come by any time or email quickly any time we had any questions. He recommended our photographer and caterer, which was helpful since we had to seek out our own photographer, DJ, caterer, dessert caterer, and florist.

The ONLY disappointment I had was that the sound system didn't work perfectly. During my processional down the aisle, my music went out. The music worked fine during the pre-ceremony when guests were getting seated and during the bridal party processional, but I only got about 1/6 of the way down the aisle when the music completely stopped and wouldn't come back on. Considering I spent hours picking the perfect song and trimming it down exactly the way I wanted, this was a disappointing factor. During my dad's Father-of-the-Bride speech, his microphone kept going in and out, too.

Overall, my experience with Chapel in the Pines was beautiful and I loved every second of the day. I would recommend CITP to any couple looking for a wedding venue! :)

Sent on 10/20/2016
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 09/10/2011

We had originally booked Jeffrey Petersen to perform our ceremony in Elgin, IL, but when we needed to change our ceremony time a month before the wedding, Jeffrey could no longer do it. We were bummed because we really like Jeffrey but he recommended David Glick, another officiant for Chapel in the Pines (http://www.chapelinthepines.com/officiants.html), and it worked out great. We are not religious people so we had very specific ideas to not include anything religious. We had already worked out all the details of the ceremony with Jeffery and David had no problem stepping in and doing exactly what we had already put together. He was very nice and personable and not one of those officiants who tries too hard to be funny or entertaining. He came prepared and performed our ceremony as if he had written it himself. He was also very calm and laid-back, which was a great influence on both of us since we were so nervous! He is a seasoned professional and I would highly recommend him to anyone, whether you are getting married at Chapel in the Pines or anywhere in the DeKalb/Sycamore/Northwest suburbs areas.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Jeffrey is a very helpful person. He has gotten back to me every time I had a question. He worked with me to create a timeline that would work well with our vision.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Curt · Married on 06/02/2013

Excellent venue for our wedding and reception! The Chapel had a great backup indoor site, which we ended up needing to use. Howard and Jeffrey were very accommodating and kind. They gave us a lot of suggestions, but were also willing to accomodate what we wanted in our wedding and reception. Also were really helpful finding all the vendors we needed; definitely go with their recommendations! Everyone had worked together before and it really showed in the professional quality of service at the Chapel.

Only thing preventing a full 5 star is that the bridal cottage and chapel building close very early in the day, so everything had to be cleaned out right before the reception. It wasn't a big problem because we had a lot of help though.

Overall definitely go with the Chapel!

Sent on 06/10/2013
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/17/2011

Beautiful venue! We received so many compliments! They were very helpful the day of the wedding and for the rehearsal. My only suggestions would be that they could have been a little more hands on with helping with planning. I felt like I was going crazy trying to make sure all my bases were covered, but I guess that's why you hire a wedding planner. Also, it seems very affordable at first, but as you go along you find all these additional fees. That said... I would not have had my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 10/04/2011
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 07/26/2015

This is a beautiful Venue if you are going for a small laid back wedding, Having the reception and ceremony here is a huge time and stress saver, Most of their packages also include wedding staff so It really makes everything a breeze. I highly recommend it.

Sent on 04/27/2015

3.0

Beautiful venue and fairly professional. The person we met with was a little snippy.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2011

3.0

Chapel in the Pines is a lovely setting. If you are planning on having music, or any guests, I would recommend choosing the option to have one of their staff help with day of organization – well worth the money. If you choose to do the personalized ceremony, make sure you get the one they use at least a few days before your ceremony – we didn’t know we were supposed to be able to make written changes until I talked with them 48 hours before hand. Our reception was at Amber in the Pines, the banquet facility on site. Given the size of our wedding we used the Mural Room for our luncheon instead of the full hall. The only drawback was that we still had to pay the full hall rental (hence the overall 4 rating).

Sent on 10/01/2011