Chapel at Chestnut Square Reviews

Chapel at Chestnut Square 5
Chapel at Chestnut Square 6
Chapel at Chestnut Square 7

Carisa · Married on 05/26/2018

My wedding was beautiful and Kim was amazing. I believe this is the perfect venue for anyone wanting to go DIY on decor but not do EVERYTHING themselves. Thank you for making it special.

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 8
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 9
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 10

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/22/2015

I had a ton of questions and Kim was extremely helpful! She helped me to determine a good layout for the reception and she helped me tweak my timeline. That was especially helpful, because I had no idea what to expect! The venue is beautiful and the service just makes it that much better.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Paige · Married on 04/18/2014

Chestnut Square was the perfect place for our wedding. Kim and her staff were great to work with and they did a fabulous job with the decor and everything. I got so many compliments on everything. It was such a special day and the venue played a part. Thanks Kim!

Sent on 06/16/2014
  • dirtyraytx

Stacy · Married on 05/25/2008

Chestnut Square is a group of beautiful historic homes that provide an ideal location for weddings and reception. We did our rehearsal dinner there as well. The ladies there are wonderful to deal with. I primarily worked with Laurie and Julie and both were great. They answered questions I had in a timely manner and made useful suggestions. Although they are not the least expensive venue, they offered perks that I could not find anywhere else. Since they are a non-profit organization, they offered a tax deductible receipt for the site fees which were considered a donation to the site. They also offered tours in between the ceremony and reception. This was a unique way to entertain our guests while we were having pictures made. The site offers all the chairs, linens, and tables included with the site and they do the set-up. Overall, Chestnut Square was the perfect site for my dream wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2008

3.5

A charming, picturesque place to hold a wedding, reception, and even rehearsal dinner. Due to the age of the buildings, bathrooms were at a minimum. The staff was accomodating and friendly. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Sent on 12/29/2012
  • User4205121 · 2+ years ago

3.5

The venue was very cute. The Bridal house did need a bit better air conditioning, but they were very accomodating with everything that we asked. We loved it for our DIY wedding:)

Sent on 06/26/2014

3.8
      2.5

Absolutely beautiful location! Only thing I didn't like was how the coordinator was super friendly and helpful in the beginning, and then close to and on my wedding day she was not nearly as welcoming as I knew her to be before.

Sent on 07/11/2015

me · Married on 11/01/2016

2.6
      2.5
      1.5

The venue is great. Lot's of compliments from wedding guests. Kim is rude. Lot's of complaints from wedding guests.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Not sure which bride this is, but I appreciate you leaving your comments. As I am very glad you enjoyed our venue, I would really like to have the opportunity to discuss with you the areas that you were dissatisfied with. I put every effort into trying to make your day amazing and if I failed you in any way I would like to learn about it. Thank you

Jennifer · Married on 03/06/2015

2.4
      1.0

I was a wedding planner back during my college days, so I have been to many a venue in the Plano/Allen/McKinney area. So when it came time for MY wedding, I knew I wanted it here! The historic feel is exactly what I was going for. The chapel was built in the early 1900s, and they even ring the chapel bells when you get married. The bride gets an entire HOUSE to get ready in, with a bridal room, family room, dining area, kitchen, bathroom, and a make-up/hair room. The reception house is nice, but does not fit very many people.

We were told that 96 could fit inside (tight squeeze, but could fit), but "tight squeeze" was an understatement! Definitely would not recommend having more than about 60-70 inside. They have a courtyard area outside that could probably seat an additional 30 at most, if you forego the dance floor.

My BIGGEST complaint, however, was with the service. The lady in charge was completely unprofessional and just made us seem like we were a nuisance every time we worked with her. By far the last straw was when, after we (bride & groom) left, she started yelling at everybody that they had to get out. That was 10:15, and in the contract we had it until 11:00. We were using those 45 minutes to clean up, but she just kept barking at everyone to get out because "I have another wedding to set up for tomorrow and if you don't get out I'm going to be here ALL night". Very nice. So unprofessional. My new in-laws were extremely disgusted by her lack of professionalism.

Sent on 03/16/2015

0.0
      0.0

I had an awful experience at Chestnut Square. Here are the details:

When I booked my wedding a year in advance, I told Kim, the coordinator, that I wasn't sure if I wanted a 4 or a 4:30 ceremony. She assured me that I had plenty of time to decide as they don't book back to back weddings. When I talked to Kim a few months later, she was rude, told me I took too long to decide, and said I could not move my ceremony time because a wedding had been booked right after mine. I wish I had been told the correct info the first time instead of being lied to about booking back to back weddings.

An hour before my 3pm wedding rehearsal the day before my wedding, Kim called to tell me that she double booked rehearsals and I would not get my full hour to rehearse. Instead, I could have 3:30 to 4, but had to leave right at four because they had a wedding then. My wedding party was already nearby because we had just had lunch, so I managed to get to the chapel by 2:40, hoping I could have a few extra minutes to rehearse. My uncle, who walked me down the aisle, is blind and needed to practice the walk and get a feel for the chapel. Even though I arrived before the other group, they made me leave the chapel at 3, so the group behind me could have a full hour. I was unsure why that group was given priority over me (I booked first) or why they couldn't go at 3:30 or why I couldn't have the chapel back at 3:30. Kim did not apologize for this mistake or seem to understand that rehearsing was very important for us. She didn't seem to understand that we needed the chapel, not another room, because my uncle was blind. Our rehearsal was rushed and very stressful.

Finally, the day of the wedding, when I went to check into the chapel and gain access to all the buildings, Kim had completely forgotten who I was. I told her my name and she had to check to make sure it was my time for the chapel. I spent a few terrifying minutes afraid that they had double booked my wedding too.

Sent on 02/20/2013