Chapel at Chestnut Square Reviews

Chapel at Chestnut Square 5
Chapel at Chestnut Square 6
Chapel at Chestnut Square 7

Holly · Married on 12/13/2014

When I saw the venue for the first time I knew it was for us. It was perfect! Kim was amazing and always available for questions. I ended up hiring the kitchen staff and it ended up being the best decision. They kept everything stocked and looking beautiful, but did it without being noticed. I couldn't have asked for a better day and part of that was because of Kim and her staff. You would do yourself a disservice if you didn't chose this place.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Hannah · Married on 11/01/2014

Kim was immensely helpful, especially since I was planning my wedding out of state. She was extremely flexible to my crazy schedule, and put my fiance and I at ease during the rehearsal. I would recommend Chestnut Square to anyone wanting to plan their wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Diane · Married on 10/18/2014

Chestnut Square is the place to book your wedding. Everything on our wedding day was perfect because of this venue. Our coordinator Kim was wonderful, professional, responded to everything very quickly, helpful, organized, and very kind. Such a wonderful venue and great staff. Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2014

Absolute best decision when planning our wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Bev · Married on 10/04/2014

Chestnut Square did an incredible job with the decorations, the service, help with cleanup. I loved them all. Everyone was so helpful and thoughtful. As the mother of the bride, which is stressful enough, they were a blessing to me. We had the wedding and the reception there and everything was 99% perfect. They could have placed the guest gifts in a more lighted area but it didn't impact the event. My daughter was so happy and we all had a wonderful time. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for either an indoor or outdoor event.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Marthe · Married on 09/20/2014

I was shocked at how perfect my wedding decor was. I showed them a photo from Pinterest and what I received was far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Very impressive and reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Lo'Lita · Married on 09/06/2014

I was so pleased. My wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Mandy · Married on 08/09/2014

Kim captured the vision I had the for wedding perfectly. I could not have been more pleased and everyone said everything was beautiful. I didn't have to worry about a thing, the details were impeccable. So happy with the way it turned out, and it exceeded my expectations. My decor was shabby chic/ rustic elegance.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Kristen · Married on 06/28/2014

My wedding was at Chestnut Square in McKinney, Texas. It is a historical village that gives a Victorian feeling to it. The chapel is over 100 years old. The venue is absolutely beautiful and well kept. My husband and I could not have asked for a better venue to get married at. The staff (Kim) was always a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful in providing answers to all my questions.
    This is absolutely a must check out venue for any wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Chapel at Chestnut Square in McKinney was perfect for our daughter's wedding. Dinner inside and dancing outside was perfect for the evening. Kim was such a big help with decorating decisions Dow to getting everyone down the aisle on time. She had everything just as our daughter had pictured her wedding to be.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Susie · Married on 06/21/2014

Kim and her staff did an amazing job with the Sheppard/ Treybig wedding. Everything was beautiful and Kim was with us the entire time with her guidance and wisdom. Thank you Kim.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

This venue was the perfect size and style for our vintage wedding. We had about 90 guests (including the wedding party) and there was plenty of space for both the ceremony (in the chapel) and reception (indoor/outdoor near Bevel House). And brides, you get an entire house for the bridal suite where you'll be getting ready for your big day! All of the venue grounds make for BEAUTIFUL photos if you are wanting a vintage look. Even if you're not, their facility is still stunning and incredibly charming.

This venue is also within walking distance of historic Downtown McKinney, which offers an array of wonderful options for your rehearsal dinner. We had ours at The Pantry Restaurant.

Our on-site "day of" wedding coordinator, Becky, did such a fantastic job and eliminated any chance of stress or panic for our wedding day. She made everything flow seamlessly and thinks two steps ahead of you the entire time. I cannot emphasize how much of a difference it made to have her there!!

In-house decorating is also available for ceremony and/or reception (not included in venue cost, but worth it).

Thank you, Chestnut Square, for making our wedding a memorable one!!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Jhonalou · Married on 05/25/2014

Because of Kim we had the best wedding experience I could ever imagine. She and her crew did a great job.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Kelley · Married on 05/17/2014

My wedding and reception was held here in the middle of may and could not have been more perfect! The venue is absolutely beautiful and well kept. Our wedding had a Vintage chic theme and worked really well with the original nature of the property. We originally hoped to be married outside in the beautiful rose garden but as our wedding guest list grew we ultimately decided to move into the chapel and we were glad we did. There are so many great photo op places at this venue and with the way the buildings are set the ceremony to reception flows seamlessly.

Kim is such a treat to work with and provides the absolute best service. She coordinated the entire wedding ceremony and made sure everyone knew their duties and places. During the reception she was there to make sure the staff was on task and to help out with whatever needed to be done. Our wedding went on without a hitch because of her. She goes above and beyond for every couple and is truly there to turn your wedding dreams into a reality. Kim is professional, easy to get a long with, organized and has a great can-do attitude!!!

We are so thankful for this venue and the staff we worked with during our planning time and wedding at Chestnut Square. Every staff member we met was so nice and professional and made our wedding perfect! Thank you Chestnut Square!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Gina · Married on 04/27/2014

Kim did an outstanding job helping and planning my daughters special day!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Meaghan · Married on 03/29/2014

I was looking for a location to have my ceremony & reception all at the same place & when I came across Chestnut Square I knew this was the place to have our wedding! The chapel is beautiful & the staff is very helpful when setting up dinner & dancing, plus it's not an expensive place with a lot of restrictions! Everyone loved our wedding here & I couldn't have been more pleased with the service provided for us!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Charity · Married on 10/10/2010

I had my gorgeous wedding ceremony and reception here. I went for the classic vintage look. The white clapboard, steepled church was puuuurfect! I loved the ladies at Moonlight Events that coordinated and decorated. You should see the pics! Above my hopes and expectations.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Ann · event on: 06/02/2018

We had a great experience having our event at Chestnut Square and can highly recommend this venue. The staff was great, easy to work with and very accommodating.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Tanya · Married on 05/26/2018

This was a great place for my daughters wedding. Everyone had great time.

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 14
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 15
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 16

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2018

We loved Chestnut Square it was the perfect venue for our wedding especially if you have a group of dancers and non-dancers. The inside / outside set up of the venue is perfect for people to be able to sit inside away from the music if they would like to talk. They have a variety of services so if you wanted to DIY everything you could or you could utilize their staff for clean up, serving, etc. Kim is very responsive and quick to answer any questions you may have.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Claire · Married on 05/19/2018

I struggled to find a historical venue that offered decoration and staff services for my casual, small wedding until I found Chestnut Square. I loved having the option to bring in our own food and alcohol without having to worry about decorating and setting up tables or hiring catering staff. Kim, our contact and day of coordinator, was easy to contact when small questions came up and was quick in calling me back. I felt like she listened to my concerns and what I wanted out of my wedding day.

I was worried about how our wedding was going to come together but I shouldn't have. Kim and the staff at Tying the Knot were so professional. Our buffet set up and cake display looked polished, the chapel decorations were beautiful, and we got a ton of positive feedback from our guests. A definite recommend.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Gena · Married on 10/12/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Kim. Her vision for what I wanted for my wedding was spot on! The decorations were perfect for my rustic fall vineyard theme. Every aspect was beautiful! The Chapel was simple and quaint. The indoor/outdoor reception was perfect for dinner & dancing, and the Victorian house for my bridal preparations was lovely. My guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful everything was & what a fun time they had. After much research for a venue, Chestnut Square is a great value for its quality , service, & appeal. You can pay one price for just the venue and do your own decorations or I chose to do the package that included decorations + servers. I chose this venue because I could bring in my own catering & beverages which cuts down the cost. Thank you for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Monique · Married on 06/19/2014

We held our ceremony here (reception elsewhere) and I am so glad we did. It turned out so nice and the perfect size for our 70'ish guests. The ambiance was great too. We utilized both the houses for both parties to get ready in and that was such a wonderful bonus. Kim was great to work with and any snag that came along in the planning, she quickly fixed. I'd recommend this spot for anyone. Kim had the ceremony running smoothly and on time. She is on top of her game, very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Carisa · Married on 05/26/2018

My wedding was beautiful and Kim was amazing. I believe this is the perfect venue for anyone wanting to go DIY on decor but not do EVERYTHING themselves. Thank you for making it special.

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 17
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 18
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 19

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/22/2015

I had a ton of questions and Kim was extremely helpful! She helped me to determine a good layout for the reception and she helped me tweak my timeline. That was especially helpful, because I had no idea what to expect! The venue is beautiful and the service just makes it that much better.

Sent on 07/28/2015