Chapel at Chestnut Square Reviews

Chapel at Chestnut Square 5
Chapel at Chestnut Square 6
Chapel at Chestnut Square 7

Caroline · Married on 10/30/2016

Wonderful venue with great staff to help with your big day! Im so glad I found this beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Heidi · Married on 07/10/2016

Chestnut Square was absolutely perfect for my daughter's wedding on July 10th. Kim was so helpful all along the way; responding to multiple emails promptly and patiently ;-). Kim knows I had a lot of emails....maybe more than the average mom, haha. I appreciate her humor. The wedding was beautiful and the setting was over the top perfect. I felt very comfortable knowing Kim was there, overseeing the reception. Food just appeared, plates were removed and I hardly noticed. It was absolutely wonderful to relax and enjoy our guests and the bride and groom. The whole day was a dream and I will cherish it forever! Everyone loved the grounds, the ladies loved the Johnson House, and the chapel is precious. Everything, and I mean everything was perfect for our family gathering. It was a day to remember.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Although you far exceed the amount of "Mother of the Bride" emails.......lol, you and your family were a delight to work with. It was my pleasure to assist in making your day special !

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2016

5 minutes into checking this place out and I was sold! The venue is adorable! And the price was great for what you get. My wedding was amazing and I couldn't have more pleased with Kim Ducote- she was such a huge help. She answered every question I had and made the day of the wedding a breeze!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Congratulations to you both !!!

Kellie · Married on 07/01/2016

This was the perfect venue! After a lot of searching we found the best place to have our wedding. Everyone was wonderful and the day could not have been Moore beautiful. The services they offer are fantastic and worth every penny! I cannot say enough about how wonderful everything was.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Robin · Married on 06/12/2016

Chestnut Square was amazing! Kim and her crew were so helpful all the way through the planning and through the big day. Everything went so smoothly even though it rained. The coordinator made everything so easy. I highly recommend this venue exclamation

Sent on 06/28/2016

Alexis · Married on 05/21/2016

Our wedding Saturday evening was everything we wanted it to be. It could not have been so perfect without Kim and the wonderful staff. All of our guests loved the venue and it provided the exact atmosphere we wanted. We only looked at this venue and knew it was the place for us. Thank you all so much for helping make our special day feel so magical!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Alexis, It was our pleasure to make your day just what you dreamed of ! Congratulations to you both !
  • User5220604 · 2+ years ago

This is a really neat venue. The chapel was the first thing that drew me to the location and was the little white chapel we were looking for. With the rental, you get the whole venue all day, which was really nice. There are three building with a little garden area and pavilion: the church, reception building, and bridal house. The grooms can get ready in the chapel. Kim was great to work with. She was not pushy and was honest. It was definitely not a sales pitch of a meeting. They have great add on packages which were reasonable and I have a feeling Kim does a WONDERFUL job with. Chestnut Square really fit our budget and allowed for a complete DIY if you should chose. We chose not to do our wedding here only because we felt our wedding was growing too big to be hosted here (130-150) and wanted the option of having most everyone in the same room. Go look though, they sell out fast!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

It feels pretty good to get such a great review from someone who did not even book with me !!!! I so appreciate the feedback. I strive each and everyday to make everyone who either comes on a tour or gets marreid with me to have the best experience ever. Its my passion to do the work that I do and with folks like you, its all worth it. Congratulation on your upcoming wedding !

Megan · Married on 04/08/2016

We LOVED every minute of our wedding and reception. Kim did a fabulous job on everything. It was perfect. Better than we ever imagined. She worked her butt off and we didn't have to worry about anything. Her and her staff really know what they are doing. Everyone raved about what a beautiful venue we chose! We will forever be grateful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

You ladies were a pleasure to work with ! You also did a great job with your planning and that made it easy on me to create the special day you dreamed of ! Thank you and best wishes on your future together !

Kayla · Married on 04/02/2016

I cannot say enough about this location. Everything was beyond perfect and everyone enjoyed themselves (including my husband and myself). There is nothing about my wedding that wish I would have done differently because it went so well! My husband and I looked for months at different venues and this was the only one we felt at home with; it also fit in with our budget perfectly! Kim is great to work with and everything she provided us with helped make the planning a lot less stressful! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Your such a sweet couple ! It was my pleasure and I wish you all the happiness in the world ! Thank you for choosing Chestnut Square

Robin · Married on 02/13/2016

As a former special events coordinator I have worked with a lot of venues and I have to say Chesnut Square was the best I have ever dealt with.

perfect venue for our rehearsal dinner. Kim Ducate was an incredible coordinator/waiters awesome. House & gazebo perfect! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy · Married on 01/22/2016

If you are looking for a DIY venue, this is the place. However they do offer decoration packages and kitchen help. I will be having my wedding there in January and so far everything has gone great. We had to switch our wedding date, but no extra charge was applied beyond the set fee for that specific day. If you need any questions answered you can email Kim and she will respond usually within minutes! Really great customer service, and all the stipulations of the contract are explained fully before you sign any papers. I will have to come back and write more after the wedding, but so far I have zero complaints about this place.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

You are so sweet Tammy ! Thank you so much and I look forward to having your special day with us !

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2016

Kim was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was very knowledgeable about the venue and did a wonderful job with the decorations. They were beautiful and exactly what I envisioned. My wedding was the last in a long string of weddings over the weekend and she didn't miss a beat. Her staff was extremely fast, efficient and helpful. Even with a mishap with our caterer, Kim and her staff were able to pull things together so that I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. My guests loved the venue and we received lots of compliments about the chapel and reception area. I would definitely recommend this venue to others. Thank you so much Kim and staff for everything that you did!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah, it was my pleasure to make your day special. I extremely love what I do and receiving feedback like this just makes me love it even more. Thank you and congratulations!

Janea · Married on 01/02/2016

We loved Chestnut Square. The venue was perfect for our small cozy wedding. Kim was fantastic to work with. She always quickly responded to my emails when I had questions. The venue has different decor packages that could be tailored to the look we were going for with our wedding. The best part was that Kim took care of those details and prepped all the decor. My husband and I were able to just enjoy the day and not spend time running around making sure the decorations were set up. Kim was great at organizing everyone at the rehearsal. We were in and out of there in less than an hour. She knows what she is doing and is a great resource. She had many suggestions on bakers, florists, and caterers that helped us stay within our budget. Kim made all the planning leading up to our special day so easy and no stress! Having the ceremony and reception all in the same place was great for us and our guests. If you are looking for a small cozy venue this is the place for you.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Janae for the kind words. It was my pleasure to help make your day stress free and memorable. Conrats to you both and come back to visit and take anniversary pics !!!!

Angel · Married on 11/21/2015

The Chapel at Chestnut Square really is a wonderful place to get married. It has alot of character and charm, and is nice for a smaller, intimate wedding. Kim and her team are great to work with, and the grounds around the chapel make for beautiful backdrop for wedding pictures with your wedding party, family, or first look. Great value for your money here compared to other wedding venues in the area.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Brendin · Married on 10/25/2015

Kim at Chestnut Square is amazing! We were able to find a date that was open 4 months out. Kim did everything she could to make our special day unique to us and our style. She provided beautiful decor and we were so glad we hired her to put it all together. We didn't have to worry about anything the day of! Even though there were many weddings taking place that month, Kim still made us feel like we were very important clients. Our wedding was so much fun, even with a little rain, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Jordyn · Married on 09/26/2015

Loved the location. My wedding was vintage and southern just how I wanted it. It was perfect.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Diana · Married on 09/11/2015

This wedding was a second time for both of us and neither of us had a formal wedding before. Kim was absolutely wonderful!! She answered all of our questions and believe me I had a lot of them. She was patient, including the day of the wedding when I was a giant lunatic. She was so accommodating with our special requests and more questions. I simply could not have done this wedding without Kim and the wait staff's help. If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your wedding and are working on a budget The Chapel at Chestnut Square has a package to fit just about any budget someone might have. We looked all over the Dallas and N. Texas area, believe me I know what is out there. Nothing compares to this location and staff.
    Thank you Kim and our wait staff for making the wedding so wonderful!!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much ! It was my pleasure to help make your day special. Come by and visit anytime !

Ashley · Married on 07/04/2015

Kim was amazing! I would definitely recommend using her design and planning service. It made my day a stress-free one.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Beth · Married on 06/20/2015

As a longtime McKinney resident I've always had a love for Chestnut Square as an organization so it meant a lot to have my wedding there. Kim as the wedding manager was always available with questions and made the planning process as painless as possible. The site is set up so well for the wedding to lead easily to the reception, and it had exactly the feel that we wanted from start to finish. I am so pleased with our choice to have the wedding at Chestnut Square.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Erin · Married on 06/13/2015

Loved the venue. Staff was so wonderful and kept the area clean after dinner and cake. It was so nice knowing it was all taken care of! Kim was a huge help the day of. She kept everything running so smoothly. No hiccups on day of wedding. Thanks to all!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Ruth Ann · Married on 06/06/2015

Kim and her staff were wonderful! Her kitchen staff did a fantastic job. The venue is quaint and was just perfect for my daughter's wedding. We loved that we could hold the entire event in one space since the Chapel is on the grounds.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Anais · Married on 05/30/2015

Very friendly staff. They are very organized and make your day go by as smooth as possible. I would use this venue over and over again. They have several other vendors to keep the planning at ease. Overall an amazing place!!!

Sent on 07/14/2015
  • Jon

Jon · Married on 05/16/2015

The venue was amazing. The weather held out for our outdoor ceremony and all our guests loved the place. Kim did an amazing job with decorations and highly recommend their service. We were worried we had too many guests for the small area, but they kept everything flowing smoothly and everyone enjoyed the reception!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/04/2015

I cannot say enough about Kim and the Chestnut Square venue. We had a perfect garden wedding, and she did an amazing job bringing my vision to life. Becky Aly, who works at the venue, did my bouquets and just nailed it. I was so in love with everything! Kim was a great help getting everything set up, cleaned up, and I was able to enjoy my evening without any distractions. I got so many compliments on the uniqueness of the venue, it was perfection.

Highly recommend Kim, her decorating service, Becky, and Chestnut Square!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Tori · Married on 03/20/2015

This venue is so worth the money. Working with Kim Ducote and her staff is wonderful. We fell in love with the chapel and the historical buildings instantly. Beautiful and well kept location. They were all super fast and responsive to all of our questions and requests. We had food catered in and hired the wait staff, they were spectacular. So friendly all around. I highly recommend to anyone looking for an amazing venue plus amazing service.

Sent on 03/31/2015