Chapel at Chestnut Square Reviews

Chapel at Chestnut Square 5
Chapel at Chestnut Square 6
Chapel at Chestnut Square 7

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

Everyone went above and beyond our expectations! Friendly, attentive, and caring staff that took care of our every needs. My husband and I got to enjoy our wedding without any stress!! The decor was exceptional! Will definitely be recommending Chestnut Square to anyone that wants a beautiful and magical wedding ceremony and reception!! We wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Chapel at Chestnut Square 8
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 15
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 16
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 17

Maria · Married on 06/24/2018

I can not wait to have my wedding here. Everything about this venue is amazing in all that has to offer. Even though I still have a year I very excited to see what everything is going to look like. Kim is amazing and has been extremely helpful. We had to move our date and she was able to do it without any issues. Super excited for next year and see this venue in all of its beauty.. ?? Since I recently went to discuss my vision for decorations.. I can't wait!!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Maria, I look forward to making your day special for you !

Cindy · Married on 06/15/2018

Chestnut Square is charming with a small town feeling. The only thing that I would suggest is improved lighting in the bridal suite as it was a little dim for my 'old' mother of the bride eyes.

Demi · Married on 05/26/2018

This venue is so beautiful for an intimate wedding. Kim was so great during the whole process leading up to our wedding day, and on our day We didn’t have to worry about a thing! Things went smoothly and our guests had a beautiful time. The decor was exactly how I had envisioned. Thank you so much for making our day so beautiful!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 18

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Demi! You were such an easy going couple, you made it easy for me! Congratulations, and come by for anniversary pictures next year!

Debbie · Married on 05/24/2018

We held our son's rehearsal dinner under the Pavilion. The night was magical. We cannot say enough great things. Kim was a joy to work with, always responsive and accommodating. She had great suggestions, and the set up was beautifully done Our server, Missy, was awesome!! You will not be disappointed in working with Kim and her staff.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

I am so happy you had a wonderful time! I hope you had an amazing wedding the next day. I shared your email with Missy and she was so touched. We do have an incredible staff and love when they get recognized. Stay in touch with any other event needs you may have

Cynthia · Married on 05/12/2018

We used the Dulaney House for our birthday event. It was great!! Kim was great and so flexible with our event! Would recommend to anyone! It would make a great place for a reception. The patio was perfect for everyone to hang out - but if the weather had been bad - we would have had room inside and on the wrap around porch to hang out.

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 19
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 20

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Cynthia! It was a pleasure having your special event with us....and I hear the music was pretty good to....lol

Marlene · Married on 04/28/2018

Kim and her staff took wonderful care of us for my son's wedding last weekend. Kim kept me calm and organized. The venue was beautiful. The chapel is quaint, the Bevel House for the reception is beautiful and the guest really enjoyed the time outside under the gazebo for dancing and visiting. I would definitely recommend the Chapel at Chestnut Square for your McKinney weddings.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 21
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 22

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Marlene! "Wedding Moms" like you make my job fun and easy. It was such a pleasure working with you to make you special day all that you wanted. Stop by to visit anytime!

Sandi · Married on 04/08/2018

This is such a unique venue! We were looking for a whimsical, non-stuffy, casually-cool venue to share with our special guests and we found it at Chestnut Square. Compared to other venues in the area we felt like this one represented our style without compromising our budget. Kim Ducote, the director, was very responsive anytime we texted her with questions. They truly are pros at Chestnut Square and know the venue well. They anticipate and correct anything that might dampen the spirit of the day. It ended up being unseasonably cold on our wedding day. No problem. The curtains were closed and a standing heater was installed so our guests could enjoy dancing in the pavilion. I think they could improve the flow to the Bevel House reception hall. I don't think all of our guests knew we would be serving dinner inside so many left early. If there is a way to provide a view from the Pavilion to the reception hall via a well lit window or maybe a glass door up the steps near the kitchen, I think that would help. More permanent signage around the Bevel House on the Pavilion side would be beneficial as well.

Our ceremony was literally perfect. The little chapel was so quaint and charming. The ringing of the bells was really special during our kiss. It was all so lovely. Thank you, Chestnut Square.

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 23

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was my pleasure to make sure your special day was everything you wanted. I was not aware of the confusion of the dinner. I wish I had known, I would have made sure everyone outside knew right away that there was food being served

Margaret · Married on 01/20/2018

My daughter’s wedding could not have run more smoothly. Kim and her crew were amazing. Every detail was just as we had planned and the ladies attending to food and service were wonderful. Several guests specifically commented on how friendly and unintrusive they were as they cleaned. The bride and groom felt like it was perfect and the guests all felt it was over too soon. We chose to have Kim manage the entire event. I highly recommend her. We were able to fully enjoy the day knowing she had all the details under control.

Our guests also loved being able to go directly from the chapel for the wedding to the reception on site. Having the option to do everything in one place was so much easier and relaxing for the wedding party.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 24
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 25
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 26

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much.....It was our pleasure to help make your day special. Come back and visit anytime!!!

Krysten · Married on 10/28/2017

Where do I start! Kim was amazing to work with and even though we are currently living in Australia, she made it so easy to organise everything from afar. I was nervous that when the day finally came it wouldn't look the way we had planned over email, however when we arrived at the venue it was even BETTER than I had imagined. If you are looking for a personalised, no-stress, GORGEOUS venue with options to make it completely your own - look no further. Thank you Kim!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 34
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 35
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 36

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

You are so sweet! It was my absolute pleasure to take care of your special day. Enjoy life and visit when your in town. Thank you for making my job fun!...Kim

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2017

best wedding venue in north texas!

kim went above and beyond to help me the day of ! i recommend this venue! recently remodeled, but still in keeping with the historical beauty of it. very reasonable in pricing, but i would truly stress, how kim went out of her way, to make sure everything was on point! down to steeming our dresses so my maid of honor could get ready. her decorating skills are awesome too! everything on my wedding was perfect, and thats how i will remember my wedding day.. Perfect! Thank you so much kim, for the best memory of my life, and making it no stress!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 37
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 38
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 39

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Wow!!! thank you so much it was my pleasure. I love my job and my couples that choose The Chapel at Chestnut Square! Come back to visit anytime

Todd · Married on 03/11/2017

This is a great place to have a wedding. Kim is great to work with and will walk you thru the entire process.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

I appreciate that! You were very fun to work with!!!

Jannie · Married on 02/26/2017

We had a wonderful wedding at Chestnut Square. The chapel is beautiful - we had a family-only wedding, and the 1908 building gave us a classy, classic chapel for our ceremony. Kim was so easy to work with - returned calls immediately, gave good recommendations on flowers, was so helpful and professional. The Johnson House was lovely for the bride to prepare in. And the chapel bells as they were pronounced man and wife were beautiful! We couldn't have been happier with Chestnut Square and Kim.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words....It was a pleasure to work with you as well. Candace and Richard were a delight and I wish them a very happy future together....Kim
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 02/19/2017

We worked with Kim from start to finish to make our wedding happen. She responded to my millions of questions so quickly in the months leading up to the wedding that it blew my mind! She was also there on the day to make sure there were no last minute issues and to keep us on track. I am SO happy that we got married at this incredibly beautiful venue, not only because of it's character, but because of Kim's character.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

What an adorable couple ! They had fun and their guests had fun, that is the important part. I thank you so much for the kind words and I hope you come back to visit on anniversaries. Have a wonderful future !

Alina · Married on 02/18/2017

The venue was perfect and Kim was awesome to help with all the details!

tephanie · Married on 02/12/2017

The staff was excellent and professional. I recommend this venue.

Caroline · Married on 10/30/2016

Wonderful venue with great staff to help with your big day! Im so glad I found this beautiful place to get married!

Heidi · Married on 07/10/2016

Chestnut Square was absolutely perfect for my daughter's wedding on July 10th. Kim was so helpful all along the way; responding to multiple emails promptly and patiently ;-). Kim knows I had a lot of emails....maybe more than the average mom, haha. I appreciate her humor. The wedding was beautiful and the setting was over the top perfect. I felt very comfortable knowing Kim was there, overseeing the reception. Food just appeared, plates were removed and I hardly noticed. It was absolutely wonderful to relax and enjoy our guests and the bride and groom. The whole day was a dream and I will cherish it forever! Everyone loved the grounds, the ladies loved the Johnson House, and the chapel is precious. Everything, and I mean everything was perfect for our family gathering. It was a day to remember.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Although you far exceed the amount of "Mother of the Bride" emails.......lol, you and your family were a delight to work with. It was my pleasure to assist in making your day special !

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2016

5 minutes into checking this place out and I was sold! The venue is adorable! And the price was great for what you get. My wedding was amazing and I couldn't have more pleased with Kim Ducote- she was such a huge help. She answered every question I had and made the day of the wedding a breeze!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Congratulations to you both !!!

Kellie · Married on 07/01/2016

This was the perfect venue! After a lot of searching we found the best place to have our wedding. Everyone was wonderful and the day could not have been Moore beautiful. The services they offer are fantastic and worth every penny! I cannot say enough about how wonderful everything was.

Robin · Married on 06/12/2016

Chestnut Square was amazing! Kim and her crew were so helpful all the way through the planning and through the big day. Everything went so smoothly even though it rained. The coordinator made everything so easy. I highly recommend this venue exclamation

Alexis · Married on 05/21/2016

Our wedding Saturday evening was everything we wanted it to be. It could not have been so perfect without Kim and the wonderful staff. All of our guests loved the venue and it provided the exact atmosphere we wanted. We only looked at this venue and knew it was the place for us. Thank you all so much for helping make our special day feel so magical!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Alexis, It was our pleasure to make your day just what you dreamed of ! Congratulations to you both !
  • User5220604 · 2+ years ago

This is a really neat venue. The chapel was the first thing that drew me to the location and was the little white chapel we were looking for. With the rental, you get the whole venue all day, which was really nice. There are three building with a little garden area and pavilion: the church, reception building, and bridal house. The grooms can get ready in the chapel. Kim was great to work with. She was not pushy and was honest. It was definitely not a sales pitch of a meeting. They have great add on packages which were reasonable and I have a feeling Kim does a WONDERFUL job with. Chestnut Square really fit our budget and allowed for a complete DIY if you should chose. We chose not to do our wedding here only because we felt our wedding was growing too big to be hosted here (130-150) and wanted the option of having most everyone in the same room. Go look though, they sell out fast!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

It feels pretty good to get such a great review from someone who did not even book with me !!!! I so appreciate the feedback. I strive each and everyday to make everyone who either comes on a tour or gets marreid with me to have the best experience ever. Its my passion to do the work that I do and with folks like you, its all worth it. Congratulation on your upcoming wedding !

Megan · Married on 04/08/2016

We LOVED every minute of our wedding and reception. Kim did a fabulous job on everything. It was perfect. Better than we ever imagined. She worked her butt off and we didn't have to worry about anything. Her and her staff really know what they are doing. Everyone raved about what a beautiful venue we chose! We will forever be grateful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

You ladies were a pleasure to work with ! You also did a great job with your planning and that made it easy on me to create the special day you dreamed of ! Thank you and best wishes on your future together !