Chapel at Chestnut Square Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Carolina
    Carolina R. Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing place!

This venue was perfect for our wedding, the manager made sure that every detail we talked about was perfect and super wonderful to work with. We had the best possible experience at this venue!
    Gabby W. Married on 05/15/2021

Kim is amazing! So happy together married here.

Kim was great! So happy to get married where I used to volunteer. The chapel is perfect and everything was beautiful
  • Sarah
    Sarah L. Married on 03/14/2021

Beautiful!

This venue was so amazing. It was so beautiful and l couldn’t have chosen a better one myself. You get a whole square to yourself (chapel, bridal suite, pavilion, reception building). The staff, (in particular) Kim and Missy, were amazing! Kim was fantastic with communicating, when my husband and/or myself had ANY questions whatsoever. Missy was there to help us out during the rehearsal dinner and the entire wedding. She was just so great! I understand how stressful it can be to try and make everything so as smoothly as possible on such a big day, but Missy made sure everything was taken care of in ways I didn’t even think about. I’m so happy to have chosen this venue and I’m so thrilled to brag about the amazing, A1 staff there! It was a brilliant setting to celebrate my husband’s and I’d special day with friends and family. 🤍
  • Laloni
    Laloni Married on 10/29/2020

My big day

The day me and my husband toured this place we knew this was it for our wedding. I always wanted to get married in a little white chapel. The area is small, intimate, and beautiful. This venue is great for small or large groups. It was a pleasure working with Kim. She answered all my questions in a timely manner and delivered on decor. Everyone talked bout how our theme and everything matched to a T. Kim was a huge help day of the wedding. We ran behind in a few things but was no prob. I had nothing but a great experience here.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure! You were a stunning bride and can't wait to see the professional shots. Congratulations Laloni & Chris!!!
  • Claire
    Claire N. Married on 07/18/2020

The perfect day

The venue was perfect, the staff kept me up to date about what was happening (Corona restrictions, etc.) and helped us stay on track for a beautiful ceremony.
  • Katherine Torres Hernandez
    Katherine T. Married on 03/15/2020

Beautiful vintage venue

Endless photo opportunities! So beautiful and feels as if you are stepping back in time. Melissa was so kind and kept checking on us throughout the day.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you! We so enjoyed having you both. I am so glad we could help make your day perfect! Come back anytime and take more photos! Please share some with me when you get them back. I would love to feature them.
    Katie L. Married on 12/01/2019

Perfection

Me and my husband were wanting a small cozy and elegant venue for our wedding and chestnut square went above and beyond what we imagined. I’m a wedding florist so I’ve seen tons of venues and I honestly can say I wouldn’t have wanted my wedding anywhere else. Kim was wonderful to work with and the kitchen staff was so kind and hospitality. They kept the venue extremely clean and the character that Chestnut square has is unbeatable. If you’re wanting an elegant, beautiful, and a great bang for your buck Chestnut Square is your wedding venue. Again I can’t stress enough how kind and flexible Kim and the wait staff is, I’ve seen a lot of great weddings but they made everything go so so smooth and I didn’t have to sweat about a thing. Me and my husband were so extremely happy with our big day

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Katie! These were great words to kick off my New Year! Enjoy your married life and I am sure I will hear how your doing thru your mom. Happy New Year and Congratulations!
    Amber K. Married on 11/23/2019

Messer Wedding

Kim was great and very knowledgeable. She made our day stress-free and everything looked beautiful.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

awwww....you were a perfect fall bride! You were a joy to work with and I am glad you and your guests enjoyed yourselves. I would love for you to share your photos with me! Have a great holiday with your family
    Tara C. Married on 11/17/2019

Fantastic experience from beginning of planning through the end of the wedding day

Kim was awesome and walked me through planning my wedding at her venue. She was always helpful and available. I even paid for her services to decorate the event and she did an amazing job. Everything was beautiful and went so smoothly. Highly recommend!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca C. Married on 11/10/2019

Best Small Wedding Experience I Could Have Had

So I am terrible at writing reviews and this is no exception. I’m so sorry to Kim and staff as I am finally getting around to writing the review 1.5 years later....but our experience with Chestnut Square was AMAZING. We wanted a short engagement and were lucky enough that there was an opening during the month we wanted.

The venue is perfect if you want a small, intimate, and fun wedding and reception. What’s also great about the venue is that you have the option of an indoor or outdoor ceremony and if the weather is bad for your outdoor ceremony you can change to indoors, which is what we had to do. One of my other favorite things about the venue is you can really make the reception about y’all as a couple. We love to play games and knew our friends (and my husband) would want to play bean bag (corn hole for the Texans). We were able to set up our boards and giant jenga for our guests who didn’t want to dance.

Kim also makes wedding planning as stress free as possible. There’s several options on how to handle your decorations including Kim handling everything for you, which I decided to do after feeling very overwhelmed. We met for a meeting to discuss overall my preferences and the feeling I wanted the reception to have. I gave her access to my Pinterest board and with those two things she developed a vision board and created the perfect floral arrangements and decorations for our reception.

I really can’t recommend Chestnut Square and Kim enough.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Better late than never! I LOVE IT. I am so glad that after 1.5 years you are still looking back on your special day. Stories like this is what reminds me daily as to why I LOVE what I do.
    Thank you Rebecca!
    Sabrina R. Married on 11/07/2019

Perfection

We had the most perfect rehearsal dinner. The weather changed but they were so accommodating, moved us indoors, set up was beautiful and Kim was so helpful. We truly enjoyed our evening and the experience.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Sabrina! Your words are so sweet. It was our pleasure having you here. I am sure the wedding day was beautiful!
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 10/13/2019

So happy thus far!

So far the experience has been great! Kim is great and we look forward to working with her on our special day in October! :) Thank you!

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Laura, I look forward to working with you and I am here for you whenever you need. I just entered you into a drawing for 10,000 from Wedding Wire! Hope you win!
    Heather W. Married on 06/15/2019

Smoothest wedding planning

As soon as we walked onto property we were blown away with the romantic and historic feel of the chapel, pavilion, and dining house. Looked like a lovely piece of history frozen in time. We had a small wedding (30 people) and this venue fit us perfectly. It was small enough to make our wedding feel intimate but also have plenty of room for dancing and catching up with family members. The coordinator, Kim, was amazing. She helped us from beginning to end. She answered every question we had (there were a lot) and she did so with a smile on her face! We highly recommend this venue to smaller weddings but can also hold more.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Heather! You were such a stunning bride and sweet as can be. So glad you had a great time and it was my pleasure to help you make your day special!
    Bailey C. Married on 05/25/2019

Loved my spring wedding!

Just a few pics from my special day!

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Those are beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing. I would love to repost some of those, can you tell me the name of your photographer so I can give photo credit?
    -Kim
    Jenna S. Married on 04/20/2019

The Perfect Venue

Words cannot express how happy we ate to have used Chestnut Square as our venue! The service we received was excellent and our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be plus some. Thank you so much for everything!!!

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Jenna! You were a sweetheart to work with. Your friends and family were a delight and looked like they had a great time. Enjoy married life!
    Kimberly R. Married on 03/23/2019

Our experience with Chapel at Chestnut Square was absolutely wonderful!!

Kim was amazing! She was responsive and helpful with everything. The day was a truly special, blessed day and could not have gone more smoothly.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. You were absolutely one of the best families to work with. So easy going. You made my job easy and every minute was my pleasure!
    Emily A. Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing and blessed experience. Thankful for how smooth the reception and wedding went.

This venue was perfect. Kim was amazing to work with the entire time, the wedding was truly blessed and the venue made it even better.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much. You are an adorable couple and I wish you much happiness! Be sure to come visit and take anniversary photos!
    Molly W. Married on 02/11/2019

Beautiful Venue

Loved working with Kim, she made our day easy and perfect. Beautiful venue with a lot of different spaces to work with.
  • Christina
    Christina R. Married on 12/08/2018

Winter wonderland

We had a beautiful ceremony and reception!! We did opt for the additional packages offered for decor and clean up and it was an EXCELLENT decision! I absolutely recommend getting them. It takes away so many “to-do’s”. Kim was wonderful to work with and knows her stuff! The venue was beautiful and the staff were so attentive. If you are looking for a location rich in tradition and personal touch you can’t go wrong by selecting Chestnut Square.

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! You were such an easy going, fun couple so you made my job easy. I loved your wedding theme so it was very fun to do! Not to mention, you looked like a winter princess in your dress and wrap...please stop by anytime for a visit. Maybe take some family photos with all those kids one day!!!
    Morgan Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect Venue

We fell in love with the venue and all the options. You can get married inside or outside and there is indoor and outdoor reception space. We loved the feel and look of the area and really were excited that you get so much space, but are still so close to the downtown area. Kim showed us around and we knew this venue was the one for our wedding! Some other selling points were being able to bring in our own vendors, the day of coordination package and that we could hire Kim to do our decorations. We went with a package that included with decorations, kitchen staff and rehearsal dinner. Kim met with my mom and I many times to make sure that the decor, timeline and overall day was exactly what I wanted. The day of our rehearsal it poured rain and when we were not going to be able to have our dinner outside, Kim made arrangements quickly and easily for us to be moved under the pavilion. When our wedding day came it was sunny and gorgeous and everything was more beautiful than I had explained or dreamed. The decor was perfect, the kitchen staff was friendly and helpful and the timeline was executed flawlessly. Almost every wedding I have been to ran late or had some hiccups. Kim made sure that everything was perfectly on time and that there was not a single issue. We loved our wedding at Chestnut Square and wish we could go back and do it all again!!

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Awwww....that made me cry! Thank you, your kind word mean the world to me and is exactly why I love my job! It was my pleasure to help make your day special. You were always so cheerful and easy to please. I hope you will come back and visit and take some anniversary pictures! Happy New Year!
    Lauren Married on 06/30/2018
    Everyone went above and beyond our expectations! Friendly, attentive, and caring staff that took care of our every needs. My husband and I got to enjoy our wedding without any stress!! The decor was exceptional! Will definitely be recommending Chestnut Square to anyone that wants a beautiful and magical wedding ceremony and reception!! We wouldn’t have changed a thing!
    Maria Married on 06/24/2018
    I can not wait to have my wedding here. Everything about this venue is amazing in all that has to offer. Even though I still have a year I very excited to see what everything is going to look like. Kim is amazing and has been extremely helpful. We had to move our date and she was able to do it without any issues. Super excited for next year and see this venue in all of its beauty.. ?? Since I recently went to discuss my vision for decorations.. I can't wait!!

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Maria, I look forward to making your day special for you !
    Cindy Married on 06/15/2018
    Chestnut Square is charming with a small town feeling. The only thing that I would suggest is improved lighting in the bridal suite as it was a little dim for my 'old' mother of the bride eyes.
    Ann Event on: 06/02/2018
    We had a great experience having our event at Chestnut Square and can highly recommend this venue. The staff was great, easy to work with and very accommodating.