Chapel at Chestnut Square Reviews

Chapel at Chestnut Square 7
  • Lauren

Lauren Brillon · Getting married on 10/13/2019

So happy thus far!

So far the experience has been great! Kim is great and we look forward to working with her on our special day in October! :) Thank you!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Laura, I look forward to working with you and I am here for you whenever you need. I just entered you into a drawing for 10,000 from Wedding Wire! Hope you win!

Heather Whitehead · Married on 06/15/2019

Smoothest wedding planning

As soon as we walked onto property we were blown away with the romantic and historic feel of the chapel, pavilion, and dining house. Looked like a lovely piece of history frozen in time. We had a small wedding (30 people) and this venue fit us perfectly. It was small enough to make our wedding feel intimate but also have plenty of room for dancing and catching up with family members. The coordinator, Kim, was amazing. She helped us from beginning to end. She answered every question we had (there were a lot) and she did so with a smile on her face! We highly recommend this venue to smaller weddings but can also hold more.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Heather! You were such a stunning bride and sweet as can be. So glad you had a great time and it was my pleasure to help you make your day special!

Jenna Schwindt · Married on 04/20/2019

The Perfect Venue

Words cannot express how happy we ate to have used Chestnut Square as our venue! The service we received was excellent and our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be plus some. Thank you so much for everything!!!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Jenna! You were a sweetheart to work with. Your friends and family were a delight and looked like they had a great time. Enjoy married life!

Kimberly Rice · Married on 03/23/2019

Our experience with Chapel at Chestnut Square was absolutely wonderful!!

Kim was amazing! She was responsive and helpful with everything. The day was a truly special, blessed day and could not have gone more smoothly.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. You were absolutely one of the best families to work with. So easy going. You made my job easy and every minute was my pleasure!

Emily Allnutt · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing and blessed experience. Thankful for how smooth the reception and wedding went.

This venue was perfect. Kim was amazing to work with the entire time, the wedding was truly blessed and the venue made it even better.

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 19
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 20
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 21

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much. You are an adorable couple and I wish you much happiness! Be sure to come visit and take anniversary photos!
  • Christina

Christina Rhodes · Married on 12/08/2018

Winter wonderland

We had a beautiful ceremony and reception!! We did opt for the additional packages offered for decor and clean up and it was an EXCELLENT decision! I absolutely recommend getting them. It takes away so many “to-do’s”. Kim was wonderful to work with and knows her stuff! The venue was beautiful and the staff were so attentive. If you are looking for a location rich in tradition and personal touch you can’t go wrong by selecting Chestnut Square.

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 27
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 28
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 29

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! You were such an easy going, fun couple so you made my job easy. I loved your wedding theme so it was very fun to do! Not to mention, you looked like a winter princess in your dress and wrap...please stop by anytime for a visit. Maybe take some family photos with all those kids one day!!!

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

Everyone went above and beyond our expectations! Friendly, attentive, and caring staff that took care of our every needs. My husband and I got to enjoy our wedding without any stress!! The decor was exceptional! Will definitely be recommending Chestnut Square to anyone that wants a beautiful and magical wedding ceremony and reception!! We wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 37
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 38
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 39

Maria · Married on 06/24/2018

I can not wait to have my wedding here. Everything about this venue is amazing in all that has to offer. Even though I still have a year I very excited to see what everything is going to look like. Kim is amazing and has been extremely helpful. We had to move our date and she was able to do it without any issues. Super excited for next year and see this venue in all of its beauty.. ?? Since I recently went to discuss my vision for decorations.. I can't wait!!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you Maria, I look forward to making your day special for you !

Cindy · Married on 06/15/2018

Chestnut Square is charming with a small town feeling. The only thing that I would suggest is improved lighting in the bridal suite as it was a little dim for my 'old' mother of the bride eyes.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Ann · event on 06/02/2018

We had a great experience having our event at Chestnut Square and can highly recommend this venue. The staff was great, easy to work with and very accommodating.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Demi · Married on 05/26/2018

This venue is so beautiful for an intimate wedding. Kim was so great during the whole process leading up to our wedding day, and on our day We didn’t have to worry about a thing! Things went smoothly and our guests had a beautiful time. The decor was exactly how I had envisioned. Thank you so much for making our day so beautiful!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 40

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Demi! You were such an easy going couple, you made it easy for me! Congratulations, and come by for anniversary pictures next year!

Debbie · Married on 05/24/2018

We held our son's rehearsal dinner under the Pavilion. The night was magical. We cannot say enough great things. Kim was a joy to work with, always responsive and accommodating. She had great suggestions, and the set up was beautifully done Our server, Missy, was awesome!! You will not be disappointed in working with Kim and her staff.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

I am so happy you had a wonderful time! I hope you had an amazing wedding the next day. I shared your email with Missy and she was so touched. We do have an incredible staff and love when they get recognized. Stay in touch with any other event needs you may have

Cynthia · Married on 05/12/2018

We used the Dulaney House for our birthday event. It was great!! Kim was great and so flexible with our event! Would recommend to anyone! It would make a great place for a reception. The patio was perfect for everyone to hang out - but if the weather had been bad - we would have had room inside and on the wrap around porch to hang out.

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 41
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 42

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Cynthia! It was a pleasure having your special event with us....and I hear the music was pretty good to....lol

Gregory · Married on 05/12/2018

I honestly don’t think you can find a better wedding venue than Chestnut Square in McKinney. We looked at so many places prior to finding Chestnut Square (C.S.) and when we first laid eyes on the property, we knew it was for us! The grounds are laid out perfectly and you have the option of how you’d like to utilize the space. The venue is laid out over an entire block in historic McKinney. There is a beautiful Chapel that we were had our ceremony in, and they also have a garden outside should you prefer to get married outdoors. The bride suite was to die for; it was inside one of the older houses on the property and set up for the entire bridal party. The reception hall was a stone’s throw away from the chapel and Kim, the event manager and day of coordinator, guided guests there as we left to take our photos. They also have a covered outdoor pavilion that we utilized as our “party area” and danced the night away with our family and friends. Kim was amazing and honestly saved us from getting a wedding coordinator. Her services alone would be a reason to choose C.S. over other venues. She coordinated with our DJ, our photographers, our guests, our vendors, etc. to make sure everything flowed seamlessly throughout the evening; she even rang the chapel bell during our first kiss! We are so happy to have found Chestnut Square and we hope you will be too!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Your little family was the sweetest! It was my pleasure to help make your dream day come true! I wish you all the happiness and I will see you soon for those family photos.

Marlene · Married on 04/28/2018

Kim and her staff took wonderful care of us for my son's wedding last weekend. Kim kept me calm and organized. The venue was beautiful. The chapel is quaint, the Bevel House for the reception is beautiful and the guest really enjoyed the time outside under the gazebo for dancing and visiting. I would definitely recommend the Chapel at Chestnut Square for your McKinney weddings.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 43
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 44

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much Marlene! "Wedding Moms" like you make my job fun and easy. It was such a pleasure working with you to make you special day all that you wanted. Stop by to visit anytime!

Sandi · Married on 04/08/2018

This is such a unique venue! We were looking for a whimsical, non-stuffy, casually-cool venue to share with our special guests and we found it at Chestnut Square. Compared to other venues in the area we felt like this one represented our style without compromising our budget. Kim Ducote, the director, was very responsive anytime we texted her with questions. They truly are pros at Chestnut Square and know the venue well. They anticipate and correct anything that might dampen the spirit of the day. It ended up being unseasonably cold on our wedding day. No problem. The curtains were closed and a standing heater was installed so our guests could enjoy dancing in the pavilion. I think they could improve the flow to the Bevel House reception hall. I don't think all of our guests knew we would be serving dinner inside so many left early. If there is a way to provide a view from the Pavilion to the reception hall via a well lit window or maybe a glass door up the steps near the kitchen, I think that would help. More permanent signage around the Bevel House on the Pavilion side would be beneficial as well.

Our ceremony was literally perfect. The little chapel was so quaint and charming. The ringing of the bells was really special during our kiss. It was all so lovely. Thank you, Chestnut Square.

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 45

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was my pleasure to make sure your special day was everything you wanted. I was not aware of the confusion of the dinner. I wish I had known, I would have made sure everyone outside knew right away that there was food being served

Margaret · Married on 01/20/2018

My daughter’s wedding could not have run more smoothly. Kim and her crew were amazing. Every detail was just as we had planned and the ladies attending to food and service were wonderful. Several guests specifically commented on how friendly and unintrusive they were as they cleaned. The bride and groom felt like it was perfect and the guests all felt it was over too soon. We chose to have Kim manage the entire event. I highly recommend her. We were able to fully enjoy the day knowing she had all the details under control.

Our guests also loved being able to go directly from the chapel for the wedding to the reception on site. Having the option to do everything in one place was so much easier and relaxing for the wedding party.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 46
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 47
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 48

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much.....It was our pleasure to help make your day special. Come back and visit anytime!!!

Krysten · Married on 10/28/2017

Where do I start! Kim was amazing to work with and even though we are currently living in Australia, she made it so easy to organise everything from afar. I was nervous that when the day finally came it wouldn't look the way we had planned over email, however when we arrived at the venue it was even BETTER than I had imagined. If you are looking for a personalised, no-stress, GORGEOUS venue with options to make it completely your own - look no further. Thank you Kim!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 56
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 57
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 58

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

You are so sweet! It was my absolute pleasure to take care of your special day. Enjoy life and visit when your in town. Thank you for making my job fun!...Kim

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2017

best wedding venue in north texas!

kim went above and beyond to help me the day of ! i recommend this venue! recently remodeled, but still in keeping with the historical beauty of it. very reasonable in pricing, but i would truly stress, how kim went out of her way, to make sure everything was on point! down to steeming our dresses so my maid of honor could get ready. her decorating skills are awesome too! everything on my wedding was perfect, and thats how i will remember my wedding day.. Perfect! Thank you so much kim, for the best memory of my life, and making it no stress!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 59
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 60
    Chapel at Chestnut Square 61

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Wow!!! thank you so much it was my pleasure. I love my job and my couples that choose The Chapel at Chestnut Square! Come back to visit anytime

Todd · Married on 03/11/2017

This is a great place to have a wedding. Kim is great to work with and will walk you thru the entire process.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

I appreciate that! You were very fun to work with!!!

Jannie · Married on 02/26/2017

We had a wonderful wedding at Chestnut Square. The chapel is beautiful - we had a family-only wedding, and the 1908 building gave us a classy, classic chapel for our ceremony. Kim was so easy to work with - returned calls immediately, gave good recommendations on flowers, was so helpful and professional. The Johnson House was lovely for the bride to prepare in. And the chapel bells as they were pronounced man and wife were beautiful! We couldn't have been happier with Chestnut Square and Kim.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words....It was a pleasure to work with you as well. Candace and Richard were a delight and I wish them a very happy future together....Kim
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 02/19/2017

We worked with Kim from start to finish to make our wedding happen. She responded to my millions of questions so quickly in the months leading up to the wedding that it blew my mind! She was also there on the day to make sure there were no last minute issues and to keep us on track. I am SO happy that we got married at this incredibly beautiful venue, not only because of it's character, but because of Kim's character.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Chapel at Chestnut Square's reply:

What an adorable couple ! They had fun and their guests had fun, that is the important part. I thank you so much for the kind words and I hope you come back to visit on anniversaries. Have a wonderful future !

Alina · Married on 02/18/2017

The venue was perfect and Kim was awesome to help with all the details!

Sent on 03/03/2017

tephanie · Married on 02/12/2017

The staff was excellent and professional. I recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/06/2017