Champion Wedding Gown Specialist Reviews

7 | Birmingham, AL

7 Reviews for Champion Wedding Gown Specialist

Amy L. · Married on 11/16/2018

Great experience

Champion steamed my wedding dress and veil, they both looked perfect for the big day!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Rick · Married on 11/04/2017

My daughter is getting married in November and I wanted to have her use my Mother's bridal handkerchief as something old. It had discolored from 63 years of being stored and had many intricate beads. I went to many cleaners around the Chicago area ( yes Chicago ) and nobody would touch it. I contacted David and explained my situation and he said to send it to him and he would look and advise. David is a miracle worker! It came back to me just like I envision my Mom walking down the aisle with on her wedding day. Please call him even if you are far away as he will take care of you.

Sent on 09/07/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2014

I just picked up my wedding dress and wow did they do a great job! Everyone was so nice at the Vestavia location! The little lady that helped me with the dress was so adorable! I definitively recommend going to this location!

Sent on 08/23/2014

L · Married on 08/01/2009

Champion helped me out with my wedding dress twice, and I was very happy both times. I bought a dress at a sample sale that needed to be cleaned before the wedding. Champion was very careful with the delicate beading and netting (I think that's what you call it) on the top layer when they cleaned it. Then a few months later when I decided the 1st dress was not right for me and bought another one, I took that one to Champion to have it cleaned and boxed after the wedding. I used the Vestavia location the first time and the Hwy 280 location the second time, and both experiences were great.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Honie · Married on 04/21/2018

Happy with the alterations and cleaning

Alterations and cleaning were made quickly and I was happy with the service

Sent on 04/21/2019

2.2
      3.0
      2.5
      3.0
      2.0

I took my sample wedding gown for an alterations appointment to Champion Cleaners in Vestavia Hills where I expected to have a food experience. To my surprise, the alterations lady moved extremely fast during the appointment, and I was concerned that I didn't understand what her plan was for the dress alterations since she didn't take the time to explain to me. So, my future mother in law and I asked questions because she mentioned that she wanted to cut the fabric on the dress, and the alterations lady said thay we would just need to take the dress somewhere else. We were simply asking questions. In the end we decided to leave the dress there. To our further surprise a few days later we received a call from an associate who told us that they decided to decline our business since they believed we didn't have confidence in them. They told us to come pick up the dress. What a horrible experience. I would not recommend wasting your time at this cleaners for alterations.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Champion Wedding Gown Specialist's reply:

We are sorry that we could not provide the services that this bride-to-be requested. Sometimes after seeing a dress and hearing the expectations of the bride, we conclude that we cannot achieve the results expected. In those cases, we decline to undertake the work. This was the case in this instance.

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

I read reviews of this place and thought it was going to be perfect to do just a few alterations on my wedding dress. Walking in the place, it was super hot and humid. They put me in a tiny room without a mirror to put on my wedding dress (which my mother and grandmother were also in there to help me get it on). It was so cramped, hot, and miserable. A foreign lady was there to help and once I got the dress on and situated, she acted like we were inconviencing her the entire time and was in such a hurry. She had a mirror that was broken in half and I couldn't even look in the mirror to see if I liked the pinning she had done. There wasn't even a step stool for me to stand on so that I wasn't stepping on my train. I asked her to make sure I didn't look crooked in it since I have scoliosis and she totally dismissed that, told me she had another appointment and left. Needless to say, we took my dress elsewhere. This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend anyone to waste their time going there.

Sent on 04/17/2013

Champion Wedding Gown Specialist's reply:

Nicole,

We apologize that you were unhappy with your experience. As you know, we did not charge you anything even though we pinned your dress and spent about an hour with you and the others in your party. Our mirror was broken the morning before you came in and we had no chance to replace it before your appointment.

Again, we apologize for your experience but assure you and others that we have many happy Brides use our service every week...and leave totally satisfied.