Centro Asturiano de Tampa Reviews

27 | Tampa, FL

27 Reviews for Centro Asturiano de Tampa

27 Centro Asturiano de Tampa Reviews

Cynthia · Married on 06/28/2014

I was very pleased! Wendy the sales manager was very patient and pretty funny. She's caring and made sure that everything in the reception hall was up to par. It's affordable and beautiful! I love the historic richness of the venue. I definitely recommend this place! Thank you Wendy and staff for all your help!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thank you Cynthia, it was wonderful being part of your event!! Best of luck to you guys. God Bless you always:)

This was such a unique venue. All my guests were very impressed. The wedding was beautiful. Wendy was sooo incredibly helpful, professional and sweet. It was a pleasure to work with her. We used both downstairs rooms for cocktail hour and reception. We had a vintage theme and it was perfect. I would highly recommend this place.

Sent on 05/18/2014

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thank you Karina...It as great working with you.

Jennifer · Married on 11/24/2013

I had a beautiful, fairy tale wedding ceremony and reception at Centro Asturiano. The building is beautiful and historic with amazing architecture, the staircases and chandeliers looked great in the pictures. Wendy Ottenwalder, my event coordinator, was very helpful and flexible, answering all my questions and emails quickly in the 9 months prior while I was planning. All other venues in the area had limited tables and chairs or wanted us to rent our own. Centro provided us with unlimited seats and allowed us to bring in our own caterers which allowed us to have 150 guests, instead of paying a high price per guest the way some venues charge. I changed my floor plan several times, and Wendy was very patient and allowed us to store a couple big things in the building a couple days before so we'd have less to do the day of. She was patient and kind to my family who all had different ideas and questions, very professional. I would highly recommend this venue, I was able to do my ceremony and reception in one 8 hour rental of the Grand Ballroom. Absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thanks Jennifer....It was wonderful working with you guys. Always very organize and very polite. Thank you for having this wonderul event at Centro Asturiano.

Very flexible and great service. I rented the grand ballroom. It was beautiful and big! I had my ceremony and my reception at the same location it was amazing. All of the people on staff were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to get any catering i wanted so your stuck on using some gross wedding food. That was our selling point. My colors were gray and light pink. I thought the wall colors would clash because they are red but it actually turned out very pretty.

Sylvia · Married on 04/20/2013

The building was great and the room that we were in was perfect. We havd a wedding and the was more then enough room for everyone (75-100). The staff was great they were their for our every need and then some. This event was my second time using this building and I'm sure that I will use it again in the future.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Thanks Sylvia it was wonderful working with you:) God Bless always-

Vivian · Married on 04/13/2013

They were amazing and made sure everything I wanted was perfect!!!

Jessica · Married on 11/03/2012

Centro Asturiano is a beautiful historic building with a wonderful staff. I wanted a vintage inspired wedding and this was the perfect venue. My guests were so impressed. One of the best things is that it was so affordable, but looks like a million bucks! Wendy, the woman that coordinated everything with me was very accommodating and helped ease the stress of planning it myself. We were married in the theatre, so beautiful on its own that we didn't need to decorate, and then held the reception in the third floor ballroom. I was also happy because my father is in a wheelchair and this is one of the few historic places that is completely wheelchair accessible, they even had a lift to get him onstage! The elevator was a plus for me as well so that I didn't have to teeter on the stairs in my shoes and dress too much. This place is definitely a hidden gem of Tampa!

I used this facility for my reception. Their price was budget friendly and the space was very good. Wendy was extremely helpful. She communicated with me at every opportunity. She ensured that we had enough time to get the reception ready. The staff at Centro was friendly and helpful to my guest. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Centro.

Shalanda · Married on 07/28/2012

I had my wedding and reception in the grand ballroom. It couldn't have been any more beautiful or perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. Wendy was so helpful and professional.

Sandy · Married on 06/02/2012

Working w/ Wendy was wonderful. She's very polite and helpful. The Grand Ballroom is big and beautiful. Plenty of room to dance on their hardwood floors! They also provided all the tables and chairs that we needed. We also loved the look of the big, beautiful windows!!! Also; having the cash bar was awesome. We got many compliments from people saying it was a great place to have a wedding reception. Everyone loved it!!!

Geoff · Married on 05/26/2012

Beautiful building, very easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Janirys · Married on 04/21/2012

Great location. The ballroom is beautiful inside and made the weddig feel and look very classy. The pictures taken by the photographer came out gorgeous with the antique structure of the building. The staff were also very accomodating in the decoration and the breakdown of the wedding. Awesome place and a great choice for any wedding or speacial event.

ALLISON · Married on 02/18/2012

Ensure the bar is fully stocked. The bar was not fully stocked with the basics.

Laurimar · Married on 09/10/2011

From a couple who only had 2 months to plan their wedding, to our surprise, booking our hall was the most seamless, stress-free item on the list. From the rental agreement, to setting up the hall, and the day of the wedding, everyone at Centro was simply amazing.

Not only did we get fantastic service we got a spectacular location. The hall was so rich with history, architectural interest ,and stunning halls, and chandeliers - it really stands well on its own.

Thank you to the entire staff at Centro. Special thanks to Cecilia, for her professionalism, flexibility and charming personality. It was a pleasure working with her. Also, thank you to Rene who went over and beyond helping our coordinator setup. Can't forget our awesome security guards who made sure gramma who disappeared on us, was well taken care of and being looked after. And of course our bar tender. Can you say best sangria EVER!

Sincerely,
    The Gutheries
    5.22.16

Melodie · Married on 03/12/2011

It was beautiful. Everyone was so nice and helpful. For the price this place is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don · event on: 08/11/2012

It was a pleasure working with Wendy and her crew. She was very helpful and she invited me to an open house where I was able to hire the vendors that completed my event. I was very satisfied with the entire staff during the event. The Bar Tenders did a great job and my employees enjoyed the evening.

Sherry · event on: 04/06/2013

We held our prom in this gorgeous historic venue to rave reviews from students and staff. Several people had voiced concerns about the location and proximity to Ybor City. The site offers fully enclosed parking and went out of their way to make sure that any concerns were addressed. They were so amazing, since our calendar changed several times, we needed to move dates...... they graciously accomodated our needs. They supplied us with a list of preferred vendors and we selected our DJ and caterer from them, and once again, our expectations were exceeded!
    Students have told us how magical their Junior Senior prom was and that is due to the wonderful efforts of the Centro Staff. You will not be disappointed with the venue or the staff.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments...It was great working with you.

Randall · event on: 05/18/2013

The staff at Centro Asturiano was fantastic to work with. They understood our needs for the event and worked collaboratively with us to ensure the event was a success. This was the first time we used their venue, and we look forward to working with them again.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thank you for having your event here. It was great working with you all.

Connie · event on: 05/25/2013

Everything worked out well I enjoyed working with Wendy and her staff. The place was beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing my name on the outside. We have a fantastic time, and If I had to do it all over again I would do it the exact same way. I fell like I have gained a friend in Wendy.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thanks Connie....This is the sad part for me, when it's over people forget crazy Wendy:) It was extremely wonderful working with you and being part of this great event. God bless you always:)
  • I

Ileana · event on: 08/10/2013

My daughters sweet fifteen was on aug 10 2013.. and it was truly a mission accomplish.I will highly reccomend Centro Asturiano for any special event.I could say that the event cordinater wendy is always on point with any special request.The staffs are amazing! Thank you Wendy & staff for everything.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

I was delighted to be part of such a wonderful event. Thank you & God bless you.

Destany · Married on 07/26/2014

My husband and I really enjoyed having our wedding at Centro Asturiano. Our guest loved the theatre and ballroom as well. I totally would recommend this venue if you're looking for a great amount of space and has a historical feel to it. Wendy is the best hands down and i loved loved loved working with her.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thank you Destany. It was wonderful being here for your event... You guys were great to work with. .May God bless you always.

Our wedding and reception at Centro Asturiano was perfect. The staff were professional and easy to work with.The layout was beautiful and it was exactly what we wanted. We are so happy with the way it turned out.

Sent on 05/15/2013

Centro Asturiano de Tampa's reply:

Thank you for choosing Centro Asturiano for your special event...

3.5

I had an open bar at my wedding, I had the most amazing bar staff ever! Everyone was raving about them! Wendy was helpful prior to the wedding. I love our wedding photos from this place it was absolutely amazing!

Ayeisha · Married on 04/03/2016

I fell in love with the ballroom at first sight. My husband and I decided on an historic building since we're both Tampa natives. Working with Cecelia was such a joy. She's quite a character!! She allowed my dream wedding to come true. This ballroom was spacious enough for 150 guests, a nice size dance floor, and columns to fit my fancy! My guests truly enjoyed this historic building.

Leandra · Getting married on 07/09/2023

4.2
      3.0

The place was very beautiful and we love it. Wendy was great and very helpful and did her best to help me save money. The only thing is that we felt very rushed after the cermony and left some of our family members having to pick up and not being able to take pictures. I know we weren't on scheduled but we did have the place until the evening and we wanted to make sure we had everyone in the pictures. Overall, I did have a great experience. The staff were very nice and professional. I would recommend this venue to other people.