27 Reviews for Centro Asturiano de Tampa

22 Centro Asturiano de Tampa Reviews

4.2

The place was very beautiful and we love it. Wendy was great and very helpful and did her best to help me save money. The only thing is that we felt very rushed after the cermony and left some of our family members having to pick up and not being able to take pictures. I know we weren't on scheduled but we did have the place until the evening and we wanted to make sure we had everyone in the pictures. Overall, I did have a great experience. The staff were very nice and professional. I would recommend this venue to other people.

Profile Picture Leandra, 7/9/23, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with the ballroom at first sight. My husband and I decided on an historic building since we're both Tampa natives. Working with Cecelia was such a joy. She's quite a character!! She allowed my dream wedding to come true. This ballroom was spacious enough for 150 guests, a nice size dance floor, and columns to fit my fancy! My guests truly enjoyed this historic building.

Profile Picture Ayeisha, 4/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I really enjoyed having our wedding at Centro Asturiano. Our guest loved the theatre and ballroom as well. I totally would recommend this venue if you're looking for a great amount of space and has a historical feel to it. Wendy is the best hands down and i loved loved loved working with her.

Profile Picture Destany, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was very pleased! Wendy the sales manager was very patient and pretty funny. She's caring and made sure that everything in the reception hall was up to par. It's affordable and beautiful! I love the historic richness of the venue. I definitely recommend this place! Thank you Wendy and staff for all your help!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was such a unique venue. All my guests were very impressed. The wedding was beautiful. Wendy was sooo incredibly helpful, professional and sweet. It was a pleasure to work with her. We used both downstairs rooms for cocktail hour and reception. We had a vintage theme and it was perfect. I would highly recommend this place.

Profile Picture karina, 4/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a beautiful, fairy tale wedding ceremony and reception at Centro Asturiano. The building is beautiful and historic with amazing architecture, the staircases and chandeliers looked great in the pictures. Wendy Ottenwalder, my event coordinator, was very helpful and flexible, answering all my questions and emails quickly in the 9 months prior while I was planning. All other venues in the area had limited tables and chairs or wanted us to rent our own. Centro provided us with unlimited seats and allowed us to bring in our own caterers which allowed us to have 150 guests, instead of paying a high price per guest the way some venues charge. I changed my floor plan several times, and Wendy was very patient and allowed us to store a couple big things in the building a couple days before so we'd have less to do the day of. She was patient and kind to my family who all had different ideas and questions, very professional. I would highly recommend this venue, I was able to do my ceremony and reception in one 8 hour rental of the Grand Ballroom. Absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very flexible and great service. I rented the grand ballroom. It was beautiful and big! I had my ceremony and my reception at the same location it was amazing. All of the people on staff were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to get any catering i wanted so your stuck on using some gross wedding food. That was our selling point. My colors were gray and light pink. I thought the wall colors would clash because they are red but it actually turned out very pretty.

Profile Picture User2725929, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
3.0

This venue is beautiful from top to bottom! In the end my wedding went perfectly but getting up to the point was the issue. From the start the woman that books all the events didn't seem to come off very friendly or helpful. Dealing with her was like pulling teeth. I felt like she did not care about her job or the brides that walked through that door. In the end everything worked out great with a few minor hiccups.

Profile Picture hilary, 7/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding and reception at Centro Asturiano was perfect. The staff were professional and easy to work with.The layout was beautiful and it was exactly what we wanted. We are so happy with the way it turned out.

Profile Picture User3257983, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The building was great and the room that we were in was perfect. We havd a wedding and the was more then enough room for everyone (75-100). The staff was great they were their for our every need and then some. This event was my second time using this building and I'm sure that I will use it again in the future.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

They were amazing and made sure everything I wanted was perfect!!!

Profile Picture Vivian, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Centro Asturiano is a beautiful historic building with a wonderful staff. I wanted a vintage inspired wedding and this was the perfect venue. My guests were so impressed. One of the best things is that it was so affordable, but looks like a million bucks! Wendy, the woman that coordinated everything with me was very accommodating and helped ease the stress of planning it myself. We were married in the theatre, so beautiful on its own that we didn't need to decorate, and then held the reception in the third floor ballroom. I was also happy because my father is in a wheelchair and this is one of the few historic places that is completely wheelchair accessible, they even had a lift to get him onstage! The elevator was a plus for me as well so that I didn't have to teeter on the stairs in my shoes and dress too much. This place is definitely a hidden gem of Tampa!

Profile Picture Jessica , 11/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I used this facility for my reception. Their price was budget friendly and the space was very good. Wendy was extremely helpful. She communicated with me at every opportunity. She ensured that we had enough time to get the reception ready. The staff at Centro was friendly and helpful to my guest. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Centro.

Profile Picture Diana, 9/28/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

I had an open bar at my wedding, I had the most amazing bar staff ever! Everyone was raving about them! Wendy was helpful prior to the wedding. I love our wedding photos from this place it was absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture User1353662, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding and reception in the grand ballroom. It couldn't have been any more beautiful or perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. Wendy was so helpful and professional.

Profile Picture Shalanda, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working w/ Wendy was wonderful. She's very polite and helpful. The Grand Ballroom is big and beautiful. Plenty of room to dance on their hardwood floors! They also provided all the tables and chairs that we needed. We also loved the look of the big, beautiful windows!!! Also; having the cash bar was awesome. We got many compliments from people saying it was a great place to have a wedding reception. Everyone loved it!!!

Profile Picture Sandy, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Beautiful building, very easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Geoff, 5/26/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great location. The ballroom is beautiful inside and made the weddig feel and look very classy. The pictures taken by the photographer came out gorgeous with the antique structure of the building. The staff were also very accomodating in the decoration and the breakdown of the wedding. Awesome place and a great choice for any wedding or speacial event.

Profile Picture Janirys, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ensure the bar is fully stocked. The bar was not fully stocked with the basics.

Profile Picture ALLISON, 2/18/12, 5 Reviews
4.1

Wendy is such a wonderful person to work with. She was there to answer all my questions, give advice and is very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Aidza, 2/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From a couple who only had 2 months to plan their wedding, to our surprise, booking our hall was the most seamless, stress-free item on the list. From the rental agreement, to setting up the hall, and the day of the wedding, everyone at Centro was simply amazing.

Not only did we get fantastic service we got a spectacular location. The hall was so rich with history, architectural interest ,and stunning halls, and chandeliers - it really stands well on its own.

Thank you to the entire staff at Centro. Special thanks to Cecilia, for her professionalism, flexibility and charming personality. It was a pleasure working with her. Also, thank you to Rene who went over and beyond helping our coordinator setup. Can't forget our awesome security guards who made sure gramma who disappeared on us, was well taken care of and being looked after. And of course our bar tender. Can you say best sangria EVER!

Sincerely,
The Gutheries
5.22.16

Profile Picture Laurimar, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was beautiful. Everyone was so nice and helpful. For the price this place is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Melodie, 3/12/11, 5 Reviews