Central Continental Bakery Reviews

Central Continental Bakery 4
  • Jenna

Jenna Rizzo Mattuck · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Cake!

My wedding cake looked just like the picture I sent them - they did amazing! They also were able to work with my gluten free guests and delivered! I got so many compliments on the flourless chocolate cake (even from some non-gluten free guests)! My cake was also wonderfully delicious!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Jennifer M · Married on 08/31/2018

Delicious Cake

Katie at the bakery was so helpful and a delight to work with. I did not have an exact style picked out and was provided with lost of options and design ideas to choose from. Their cake was so light and flavorful that seconds were needed! I would recommend them to anyone in need of a cake.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 08/25/2018

Best Wedding Cake Ever!!!

One of the best parts of the wedding planning process was cake tasting! After trying 4 other bakeries, we tried Central Continental. Within the very first bite, we were sold. They had great ideas on how to cut costs including making a small show cake for the wedding and making sheet cakes for the kitchen to cut up for our guests. The price was great and the sales woman that helped us was fantastic too. The cake was to die for!!! We chose 2 different flavors- half yellow/half chocolate with raspberry and banana cake with fudge (by far our favorite!!!!). Our guests continue to rave about the delicious cakes! Central Continental is now our favorite bakery by far! We could never get a cake from another bakery ever!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Cynthia · Married on 06/24/2018

Our wedding cake came with the wedding package at the Concorde. We had such a fun and tasty cake tasting experience. We had no idea what type of cake we wanted, but between tasting and looking at books at the bakery, we chose our cake. We thought we would be limited in our selection since it was part of a package, but we were not! Our cake was so beautiful and exceeded our expectations. It was so delicious! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

Central Continental made the wedding process easy and helped to create the perfect cake. The cake tasted wonderful and they had lots of options to choose from!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Deanna · Married on 12/22/2017

We discovered this bakery through our venue at Concorde Banquets. We worked with Katie Collins and she was super helpful and accomodating and the cake was delicious! We also did donut party favors with them which were a hit!

Sent on 03/09/2018
    Central Continental Bakery 5
    Central Continental Bakery 6
    Central Continental Bakery 7
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 06/11/2017

The cake still tasted great after a year. Even endured while being in a hot car overnight. Great job!! :-)

Sent on 06/17/2018
    Central Continental Bakery 8

Jen · Married on 06/09/2017

This bakery is amazing!! The cakes are delicious, as well as all of the other sweets/desserts. Definitely recommend checking them out!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Angela · Married on 10/21/2016

I received the cake from here with my package from Fountain Blue Banquets. The cake was delicious and beautiful. They made it very easy for me and gave me exactly what I asked for. I was very pleased with the quality of their work and taste of the cake. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2016

I can not express how happy I am with the way my wedding cake turned out! We had 4 tiers all different flavors (including cheesecake)!! I have used this bakery in the past for a custom birthday cake and custom cupcakes. I have literally shown them a photo on my phone and they have been able to exceed my expectations every time! I would recommend this bakery to everyone! They were super helpful with any questions answering my calls and emails very quickly. We used Chandlers in Schaumburg as our reception venue and they network with this bakery so the cake cost was wrapped up into our venue cost.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Grecia · Married on 07/09/2016

The cake came out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you Central Continental Bakery!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Jen · Married on 02/05/2016

Katie was so helpful in designing our wedding cake. We mixed the designs from three different cakes and she listened to each detail that we wanted. It was so easy to make an appointment with her and to order the sample cakes. The cakes were delicious and it was difficult to pick which flavors we wanted. The cake looked beautiful at our wedding reception and our guests loved the taste of the cake.

Sent on 05/16/2016

They made my wedding cake. It was just what I wanted. It was beautiful and tasted amazing!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Penelope · Married on 12/27/2015

The bakery provided a free consultation and cake tasting. Our consultant nailed the design! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/07/2015

My wedding cake turned out beautiful. The consultation was great and Katie was very helpful with ideas to help customize the design. I was very pleased and received a lot of compliments on the taste of the cake. Awesome red velvet with cream cheese filling.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Our cake was beautiful AND delicious! Can't wait to finish off the top on our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/28/2015

Our cake was AMAZING!!!! Lots of people loved the mocha filling. Cake looked beautiful and working with them was so easy! They took care of all the small details for us :)

Sent on 09/11/2015

We loved our wedding cake from Central Continental. It tasted great and looked amazing. They did a great job matching our colors and looked perfect in our pictures! They were very accommodating when we set up our appointment for a tasting.

Sent on 10/29/2015

The vendor was included with our venue which I was very happy to hear since I grew up in the neighborhood and we have used this bakery before and everything they make is wonderful. Can't wait to go for our tasting and pick out what kind of wedding cake I want!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Brenna · Married on 06/27/2015

Our cake was gorgeous and even my mother in law said it was the best wedding cake she had ever tasted! Thank you for making this process so stress free for us! You guys are awesome

Sent on 08/04/2015

Katie did a tremendous job on our cake and everyone was impressed when they walked into the room! It matched our picture exactly and every layer we had (4 total) was a different filling and it was so delicious. Central Continental also provided the European Sweet Table that we had and everything on the table was amazing from eclairs to tarts to chocolate strawberries and various mini bites and they didn't last long. They work directly with Concorde Banquets which made it even easier!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Our cake was designed beautifully and looked how I imagined. It was also delicious! Katie was great to work with; very responsive and accommodating.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Ever since I was a little girl, I would walk downtown MP always asking to stop and take a look at the cakes in CCB’s window. I always told myself that CCB would be the one to make my wedding cake. I had my reception at Medinah Banquets in Addison, IL and the cake was included in the package. Although I was still considering purchasing one from CCB, we decided it wouldn’t be in the budget since it is already included. We then asked our reception hall what color cake, designs, flavors, etc are available and they said to ask CCB where they get their cakes! How amazing was that!? It was meant to be! My reception hall purchased their cakes from CCB – my dream come true! CCB was very professional and quick to reply to emails coordinating a cake testing. They were very nice and patient as we worked through the details. They went above and beyond the customer service that was expected of them. They made dropping off ribbon, having florist add flowers, and reception hall add cake topper so easy! They are very well organized and I couldn’t have asked for a better bakery to work with! The cake was AMAZING! I cannot wait to enjoy the top tier of cake in about a year! The bakery is very talented! The cake looked GORGEOUS and the buttercream frosting was designed PERFECTLY. The taste was beyond anything you could imagine! I had SO many compliments on the cake. Both design and taste blew my guests away. If you are looking for a place to get your cake, please look no further because CCB is just the absolute best. The quality is unbelievable and the service is friendly, professional, and personal. They are very talented. They are customer-orientated bakery that has been around for years, and I look forward to having them around for years to come. Their quality and service cannot be beat!! Thank you Central Continental Bakery for making the cake of my dreams! I am still in awe when I see pictures of it. It was amazing! You are absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/30/2015

Loved my wedding cake so much, was just like my Pinterest picture and looked so cute! Had awesome fast email response time to! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/16/2015
  • Z

Zach · Married on 05/22/2015

We used Central Continental Bakery for our wedding this past May. They had a working relationship with the venue we selected for our reception, and my wife is familiar with the bakery. We were very pleased with the cake they made for our wedding. From the consultation on how to select the cake, and the flavor tastings, it really helped us narrow down what we wanted for our guests. We ended up going with a lemon cake and buttercream fillings. We then picked our a design and ended up having a 3 tier cake with different designs on each tier. Each tier also had a different filling and cake (marble and strawberry was our other selection. After the selection, they handled all of the back end communication involving the reception venue and the cake looked elegant and just what we had envisioned from the consultation. They even placed our custom cake topper on for us as well. Most importantly, we heard from numerous guests that they enjoyed their slices and the different varieties available. We brought home the topper to freeze for our 1 year anniversary and couldn't help but eat most of the cake since it was so delicious. Cheers!

Sent on 10/30/2015