125 Reviews for Central Continental Bakery

Consultations (8)
Dessert Buffet (1)
Pastries (1)
125 Central Continental Bakery Reviews

Central Continental made the wedding process easy and helped to create the perfect cake. The cake tasted wonderful and they had lots of options to choose from!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

We discovered this bakery through our venue at Concorde Banquets. We worked with Katie Collins and she was super helpful and accomodating and the cake was delicious! We also did donut party favors with them which were a hit!

Profile Picture Deanna, 12/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

This bakery is amazing!! The cakes are delicious, as well as all of the other sweets/desserts. Definitely recommend checking them out!!

Profile Picture User7882811, Recently Married, 11 Reviews
4.2

The cake from this bakery came as part of our venue package and was also recommended by the person who made our cake topper. The tasting was a little surprising in that we only got to try 2 cake options for free and had to pay for any other additional options we wanted to try. But they were all delicious! I HAVE to have buttercream frosting and this is great stuff! They have unique and delicious flavors and we were very happy with our choices! They also gave us great ideas for decor and really wanted to make sure we had the cake we wanted in both flavor and appearance. We initially had a headcount of 400 = 5 tiers but with so many out of towners our final count was 220, but we still got 5 tiers! Our cake was a show stopper! And tasted great!

Profile Picture Jeanne, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
4.3

Both of the wedding cake consultants were so easy to work with, polite, and flexible. They were very transparent in terms of pricing and decorations. The cake was delicious!

Profile Picture User7354605, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake turned out just like the picture I had found online! Everything was perfect and tasted great!

Profile Picture User5597256, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

I received the cake from here with my package from Fountain Blue Banquets. The cake was delicious and beautiful. They made it very easy for me and gave me exactly what I asked for. I was very pleased with the quality of their work and taste of the cake. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake came from Central Continental and we could not have been happier with it! Their cakes themselves are absolutely delicious and their butter cream is amazing! Their bakery is the best of old world European baking and care!

Our design consultation and tasting went wonderfully! We got to try a variety of their cakes and fillings! They have traditional flavors and some more non-traditional (their banana cake was quite tasty). Our wedding was in September and our initial consultation was in early March.

Their designers seemed really on-top of their game. They were going to create a cake for us with frosting cherry blossoms. We initially did not want to use fondant. However, cut to the end of August. I was checking in to see where our cake topper needed to go and was told by a new designer they could not do the cherry blossoms in frosting. I was a bit upset, but we had enough wiggle room in our budget to upgrade to the fondant. I would have appreciated knowing sooner about the need to change the design. It turns out they had changed designers in the time between our consultation and wedding. Just a reminder to always check-in with your vendors!

Besides that hiccup, I was pleased as can be with Central Continental! The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing! Really, the one negative I had was nothing compared to the positives! Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Elaine, 9/3/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

I can not express how happy I am with the way my wedding cake turned out! We had 4 tiers all different flavors (including cheesecake)!! I have used this bakery in the past for a custom birthday cake and custom cupcakes. I have literally shown them a photo on my phone and they have been able to exceed my expectations every time! I would recommend this bakery to everyone! They were super helpful with any questions answering my calls and emails very quickly. We used Chandlers in Schaumburg as our reception venue and they network with this bakery so the cake cost was wrapped up into our venue cost.

Profile Picture User6380038, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
1.1

Tasting and cake designing was great! They were very nice in helping us pick out the cake design we wanted and the flavors we wanted. I bought pretty expensive orchid flowers that I wanted to be placed on the cake and dropped them off to the bakery before the wedding. When I saw the cake on my wedding day it was completely bare! It did not have anything we talked about. It was plane white with a few of the designs we picked, but most importantly there were no flowers!! Also, the tastes were completely off! I went back to the bakery after our wedding and every time I would come they would tell me that the person I need to talk to is not there. I never found out what happened to my flowers, and they were not trying to help me find them. I was very disappointed!

Profile Picture Kasia , 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake came out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you Central Continental Bakery!!

Profile Picture Grecia, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Katie was so helpful in designing our wedding cake. We mixed the designs from three different cakes and she listened to each detail that we wanted. It was so easy to make an appointment with her and to order the sample cakes. The cakes were delicious and it was difficult to pick which flavors we wanted. The cake looked beautiful at our wedding reception and our guests loved the taste of the cake.

Profile Picture Jen, 2/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They made my wedding cake. It was just what I wanted. It was beautiful and tasted amazing!!

Profile Picture User4654376, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The bakery provided a free consultation and cake tasting. Our consultant nailed the design! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Penelope, 12/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake turned out beautiful. The consultation was great and Katie was very helpful with ideas to help customize the design. I was very pleased and received a lot of compliments on the taste of the cake. Awesome red velvet with cream cheese filling.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/7/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our cake was beautiful AND delicious! Can't wait to finish off the top on our 1 year anniversary!

Profile Picture User5137136, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was AMAZING!!!! Lots of people loved the mocha filling. Cake looked beautiful and working with them was so easy! They took care of all the small details for us :)

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/28/15, 4 Reviews
4.7

Our cake was a part of our reception package and we had to use this one bakery. We went to the bakery for a tasting and to discuss design and the experience was great. They were flexible with what we wanted and the cake tasted great. I appreciated they put the silk flowers I had bought on the cake for me and the arrangement came out better than I pictured. The cake was beautiful and tasted great! I definitely recommend them for wedding cakes!

Profile Picture User4674136, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our wedding cake from Central Continental. It tasted great and looked amazing. They did a great job matching our colors and looked perfect in our pictures! They were very accommodating when we set up our appointment for a tasting.

Profile Picture User4985501, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The vendor was included with our venue which I was very happy to hear since I grew up in the neighborhood and we have used this bakery before and everything they make is wonderful. Can't wait to go for our tasting and pick out what kind of wedding cake I want!

Profile Picture User4814466, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was gorgeous and even my mother in law said it was the best wedding cake she had ever tasted! Thank you for making this process so stress free for us! You guys are awesome

Profile Picture Brenna, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Katie did a tremendous job on our cake and everyone was impressed when they walked into the room! It matched our picture exactly and every layer we had (4 total) was a different filling and it was so delicious. Central Continental also provided the European Sweet Table that we had and everything on the table was amazing from eclairs to tarts to chocolate strawberries and various mini bites and they didn't last long. They work directly with Concorde Banquets which made it even easier!

Profile Picture User5250398, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was designed beautifully and looked how I imagined. It was also delicious! Katie was great to work with; very responsive and accommodating.

Profile Picture User3878789, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ever since I was a little girl, I would walk downtown MP always asking to stop and take a look at the cakes in CCB’s window. I always told myself that CCB would be the one to make my wedding cake. I had my reception at Medinah Banquets in Addison, IL and the cake was included in the package. Although I was still considering purchasing one from CCB, we decided it wouldn’t be in the budget since it is already included. We then asked our reception hall what color cake, designs, flavors, etc are available and they said to ask CCB where they get their cakes! How amazing was that!? It was meant to be! My reception hall purchased their cakes from CCB – my dream come true! CCB was very professional and quick to reply to emails coordinating a cake testing. They were very nice and patient as we worked through the details. They went above and beyond the customer service that was expected of them. They made dropping off ribbon, having florist add flowers, and reception hall add cake topper so easy! They are very well organized and I couldn’t have asked for a better bakery to work with! The cake was AMAZING! I cannot wait to enjoy the top tier of cake in about a year! The bakery is very talented! The cake looked GORGEOUS and the buttercream frosting was designed PERFECTLY. The taste was beyond anything you could imagine! I had SO many compliments on the cake. Both design and taste blew my guests away. If you are looking for a place to get your cake, please look no further because CCB is just the absolute best. The quality is unbelievable and the service is friendly, professional, and personal. They are very talented. They are customer-orientated bakery that has been around for years, and I look forward to having them around for years to come. Their quality and service cannot be beat!! Thank you Central Continental Bakery for making the cake of my dreams! I am still in awe when I see pictures of it. It was amazing! You are absolutely wonderful!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Loved my wedding cake so much, was just like my Pinterest picture and looked so cute! Had awesome fast email response time to! Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews