Celtic Music for your Wedding Reviews

90 | Alexandria, VA

90 Reviews for Celtic Music for your Wedding

Celtic Wedding Music, headed by Elise Kress, did a wonderful job for our June wedding ceremony. My husband is Irish and my father in law is a traditional Irish music aficionado. Initially, my father in law was concerned that the musicians were not from Ireland, but after working with Elise to pick some tunes, he was fully confident that they would do an excellent job! Both Elise and the violinist who played for our ceremony were friendly and good spirited about a rain shower that happened just before the ceremony. They arrived early, and the music was perfect! A delight to hear on our wedding day!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Your music was beautiful and our guests really enjoyed listening to you during our Christian ceremony and cocktail hour! Your music coupled with our bagpiper and Irish step dancers truly made our wedding very special. Thanks for adding that beautiful touch to our special day.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Dr Ira · Married on 05/24/2014

I first had the pleasure of watching & hearing the SKYLARKS perform in Oct of 2010 at my son's wedding. It was sweet, lilting and responsive to the mood of a very beautiful day. When I remarried, this past May 24th, I knew there was only one group I wanted to perform at my wedding. I contacted Elise Kress and together with my wife-to-be selected the instrumental music to be played during the wedding ceremony and subsequently at the reception. It was joyous and sweet and wrapped us in a "cocoon" of very special happiness.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Elise and Celtic Music for Your Wedding was a hit! The entire process -- from planning to the event -- was flawless. Very talented musicians, great voices, great songs. They set the tone for the reception with their informal professionalism. They are a great choice to bridge that gap between traditional, classical, jazz, bluegrass -- when you want something a little different!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Susan · Married on 06/14/2013

The perfect touch!
    I chose Celtic Music for Your Wedding for my DC ceremony and cocktail hour in June 2013. Both of our families are from Ireland and the group was a surprise for everyone, but especially for my grandpa and grandma. My mom and I had a meeting with Elise who sat with us to make our music selections. She not only played recorded pieces but she performed live for us on her Irish flute. It was an amazing experience and together we chose each piece for the ceremony.
    My family and guests just loved it. During the cocktail hour my grandma and grandpa sat right in front of the musicians, they made personal requests, chatted, and had a great time.
    I just want to thank Elise and the other members of the trio for giving my wedding day the perfect touch!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Dan · Married on 09/08/2012

Elise (and her dog Shaemus) are amazing to work with. She is so sweet, knowledgeable, and a superb flutist. We had the trio play at our ceremony, and during cocktail hour--what a delight! The 3 musicians were fantastic and very talented. We had no qualms and knew as soon as we met Elise that she was the way to go!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Eileen · Married on 11/12/2011

I hired Celtic Music For Your Wedding to play during cocktail hour, preceding my wedding reception. Everyone LOVED them! It was a great way to kick off our reception with a traditional taste of home. Elise was incredibly easy to work with before the event and always responded to my emails quickly. The group's traditional Irish music talents were truly appreciated by my entire extended (and very large Irish-American) family. I told Elise that they were free to play any requests from the guests. This went over so well with my family; in particular, my godfather, made a point to tell me how thrilled he was that they knew and played some of his requests! That really made our wedding seem even closer to home. Elise and the rest of the group were professional, accommodating, enthusiastic, and very talented. I would definitely hire them again! -- Eileen J, Annapolis, MD, 11/12/2011

Sent on 01/17/2012

Robin · Married on 10/31/2011

Celtic Music played before, during, and after our wedding ceremony, and they also played a wonderful concert during the subsequent cocktail hour. We thoroughly enjoyed the music, originality, and how well the music matched the setting (we were married in a historical castle). Elise was also wonderful to work with. She worked with us to select music pieces beforehand, and overall was very responsive, friendly, and helpful. Also, the cost of this award-winning group was very reasonable. Further, she and the guitar player learned a song that we requested to be played, in just about one week. We very much recommend them to play at a wedding or other forum!!!

Karen · Married on 09/10/2011

Elise Kress was a dream to work with! Her knowledge and musicianship were envaluable in helping us select and fine tune the music for our daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Elise, a superb flutist, and her fine musicians (Tabby Finch, Celtic Harp, Robert Mitchell, Highland and small pipes), teamed to create the perfect Celtic trio. They embraced learning a new Scottish song to accompany our dear friend and opera singer, Jason Ferrante. Elise Kress and Celtic Music for Your Wedding were extraordinarily flexible and accommodating to all our ideas and requests. Our guests loved their jaunty jigs and melodious aires, creating the perfect musical ambiance for our daughter's wedding and cocktail reception at The Thomas Birkby House in Leesburg, VA.

Sent on 01/09/2012
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/03/2011

We chose Elise Kress and Celtic Music for Your Wedding for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour at the DAR Headquarters in Washington, DC. They were fantastic! Elise and I first chatted on the phone; she emailed me some snippets of their music, and that was enough to sell me. Later we met in her home to choose the specific pieces for the ceremony. I love most Irish music, but the things she played for me moved me to tears repeatedly! I knew this was the right decision for us.

I had plans to do a Celtic handfasting during our vows and, together, Elise and I found the perfect song to divide into two parts and play before and after we "tied the knot." She also provided for this song and has a lovely voice.

We chose a trio--Elise on flute and pennywhistle, Phillipe on fiddle, and Zan on guitar--and set them right up front next to us at the altar. It was very intimate. Then they played during our cocktail reception and numerous guests remarked how good they were. They are very portable and were able to pick up and move their equipment from the ceremony side of the terrace to the cocktail side and perform right there amongst all the guests. My only regret is to have not heard more of them because we were taking wedding photos. Their prices were incredibly reasonable, too, and it was just a joy to have them and their music set the tone of our ceremony and cocktails.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Denise · Married on 08/20/2011

Elise and her band were absolutely wonderful! The music was amazing and beautiful and they rolled with any changes that came up through the evening. Elise is a pleasure to work with and is a lovely lady!! Using the dance caller added fun to the reception.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Kevin · Married on 08/12/2011

It the rush leading up to our wedding, we realized we had been focusing intently on the reception and had not focused on planning the ceremony. When it came time to decide on the wedding music we decidied that live performers would be of value. We both had seen guitars, 3 piece orchestras, etc at other's weddings. Instead, we decided to pursue an Gaelic trio. It just so happened that I googled Irish/Celtic music for your wedding and Elise came up first. I sent her a note, she promptly responded, which is an important mark of a pro in my book (she was as responsive going forward too). We visited with her and were blown away by her playing. We decided to proceed and went about laying out the ceremonies music.

The day of the wedding came and went in a flash. I vaguely remember the music, but the feedback from the 200+ attendees was hugely positive. People loved the trio at the ceremony and the cocktail hour. My Irish family was thrilled and my friends loved the upbeat jigs that followed the wedding. Festive music through and through. I would definitely use them again if the opportunity arose and would whole-heartedly recommend Elise and her stable of musicians to you too!

( typed on iPad, please excuse gramatical errors and misspelling)

Sent on 01/02/2012

E · Married on 07/23/2011

Elise and her fellow musicians were amazing! They added the perfect touch to our ceremony. We could not have been happier.

Laura · Married on 07/02/2011

Fantastic! We hired Celtic Music for Your Wedding to play during our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. They were perfect. We had the fabulous trio of Brendan, Alexander, and Pat on flute, fiddle, and guitar. They truly completed the ceremony and added the perfect feeling to the event. We knew we wanted to spark things up with an Irish sound and they were it!

Leading up to the event my husband and I were in contact with and met with Elise. She walked us through the entire process and helped us pick our songs for the day. She was soo helpful and made great suggestions on how to make things flow a little better between all parties involved. And day of, I didn't have to worry about the musicians at all! They were professional and on time and were able to work with my day of coordinator through the details. But in all honesty, they really just seemed to know what they were doing.

Thank you so much for adding to the day!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Michelle · Married on 06/25/2011

Very helpful in choosing music-offered input but also listened to what we were looking for. Their talent and professionalsm definitely enhanced and added a special dimension to our wedding evening.

Joanne · Married on 01/15/2011

Elise was wonderful to work with and the band made our event! I will definitely hire again.

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • I

Ines · Married on 10/17/2010

These guys are great, I loved having live music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Elise was a joy to work with, she was flexible to work within my budget, was very friendly and had some great ideas and song suggestions. We had three musicians the flute, the harp and a fiddle and they played beautiful music. They are very talented, professional and did a great job.

Sent on 01/07/2011

Colleen · Married on 09/18/2010

I wanted ceremony musicians that were not only unique, but reflected my Irish heritage and Elise and the Celtic band definitely fit the bill. They were super easy to work with and were able to meet all of our requests and needs. They helped to make the ceremony music an unforgettable part of our wedding day!

Sent on 04/11/2011

Patrick and Mikie · Married on 09/04/2010

Celtic music for your wedding was a DREAM to have as part of our wedding and cocktail hour before our reception! We had many people at our wedding (many from all over the US) and everyone commented on how professional, enjoyable, entertaining, and unique the Celtic band was. Elise was amazing to work with and made us feel like she was a part of our family - meant to be there.

My wife and I highly recommend Elise and Celtic music for your wedding. They will not disappoint you and they will only make your special day more special!

Thank you, Elise!

Patrick and Mikie McCullough

Sent on 04/07/2011

Ellen · Married on 10/03/2009

Elise was fabulous to work with. We went to her house, and she helped us to find the right songs for each part of our ceremony and a beautiful song for her to sing at the ceremony. We had so many compliments about the gorgeous music. I was disappointed because as the bride, I was in a separate room and could not hear all of the lovely preceremony music. I would definitely recommend Elise and her musicians to anyone for their wedding. It made ours very special.

Sent on 11/07/2009

WIlliam · Married on 09/18/2009

Elise and her group provided a Celtic music trio for my daughter's outdoor wedding at Elkridge Furnace Inn. She also arranged for a piper, Bob Mitchell, to pipe the guests in as they came to the ceremony, and pipe them out again after the recessional. The whole thing was a treat. Elise helped us choose just the right music for each part of the service and I left the pre-ceremony and cocktail hour music choices up to her. Everything was beautiful. My 1 year old granddaughter was fascinated by the music and instruments in this, her first introduction to live music from her family's past. I've received many, many compliments about how good the music was and how it brought a sense of Celtic heritage to this important event in our family's history.

Sent on 09/30/2009

Steven · Married on 05/08/2009

We wanted some musicians for our ceremony and cocktail hour to add a touch of class to the event. After talking to several vendors at a bridal show, we finally met Elise. What an exuberant lady. It was pretty obvious from the start that she fit the bill exactly. And we were not disappointed. Elise was so friendly and helpful. She listened to what we asked for, came up with great ideas and was so flexible and engaging that at least this part of the planning for the wedding was a lot of fun.
    The prices were very reasonable given the service. So reasonable in fact that instead of just having a single harpist, we were able to afford a trio. We chose a harpist, fiddler and Elise on the flute. After meeting her a couple of times, we went through the process of what songs we specifically wanted. Initially we thought it had to be all Celtic music but I wanted Waltzing Matilda (hey, I'm an Aussie - what can I say) and it was no problem. So, we got a wonderful mix of music.
    On the day, all the musicians were early (gotta love that) and they played wonderfully. Everyone loved the music and Elise sang some of the songs as we had requested (Voice of an angel I might add). It was absolutely fabulous. We were so thrilled with how it worked out. It's so nice to work with people who are true professionals and yet relaxed and friendly. Certainly was a nice balance for our pre-wedding anxiety.
    If you are looking for some musicians, I really would recommend you have a talk to Elise from Celtic Music for your Wedding. Of everything we chose for our wedding, I think they were by far our best decision. In fact, we were so taken with Elise through the whole preparation, we invited her to our Reception (as a guest) and so even after her work was done, she added life and vibrancy to the night.
    So, if you're reading this, good luck with your wedding planning and if you decide to go with Elise, then you are in very good hands. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/09/2009
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/29/2009

I found Elise Kress through a web search and I'm so glad that I did! I contacted Elise and immediately got a reply back. We went over to her house to listen and choose the music for our ceremony and she was so wonderful and patient. She literally played two pieces over and over for me because I couldn't choose. I was so happy on my wedding day when I heard the lovely celtic/irish melodies as I walked down the isle with my father. I asked her a few days before the wedding to ask if I could add on a cocktail hour and Elise was so understanding and I feel like the add-on price was very reasonable and it was worth every penny! My in-laws loved the music so much that they decided to use Elise for their 25th wedding anniversary party. My in-laws will be including the caleigh dance part in their package and I'm really excited! I cannot wait until my husband and I have an excuse to use Elise and her wonderfully talented friends again.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Kailee · Married on 08/22/2008

The music provided by our two musicians, Rob and Philippe, was beautiful. The ceremony music was so lovely, and we received many compliments from our guests about the music during the cocktail hour as well. I cannot recommend Celtic Music for your Wedding enough. We had a fun time choosing our music with Elise, and she was extremely responsive and helpful.

Sent on 09/14/2009

L · Married on 10/20/2007

Elise and her group played at both our ceremony and for our cocktail hour. They were fabulous to work with! We met them at the bridal show, and just knew that we needed to incorporate them into the wedding. We had a full Catholic mass, and so we also had the church vocalist and pianist, and Elise and her group did an excellent job working with them. We were worried about how we would incorporate the two groups, but after meeting with Elise, she instantly put us at ease! They even accompanied them to play Schubert's Ave Maria, and it was incredible! When we arrived at the reception after taking our photos, the guests had been enjoying them during the cocktail hour, and didn't want them to leave! They added the perfect unique touch to our wedding! You will not be disappointed! Thank you Elise!

Sent on 11/27/2007