Celtic Music for your Wedding Reviews

90 | Alexandria, VA

90 Reviews for Celtic Music for your Wedding

Greg · Married on 01/15/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding was an excellent vendor! Not only did they preform beautifully on the day of the ceremony, they also were very easy to work with in the process leading up to the wedding. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Greg, it was fantastic to play for you and your new Bride! Thanks so much for having us as part of your big day. We so appreciate being there!
    Elise

Celtic Music for your Wedding was excellent. They played beautifully, they were easy to work with and very responsive throughout the whole process! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We loved playing for you. It was a joy! Best wishes for your new life as husband and wife!
    Elise Kress

Nathan · Married on 12/10/2016

I know most wedding website reviews say the same gushing, over the top things about vendors and it gets monotonous. This vendor absolutely deserves every over-the-top thing I could say and more. Elise Kress, and her band "Celtic Music for your Wedding" were superb. She was exquisitely helpful at every stage of the process, clear about pricing, accommodating when we had to change venues relatively late minute, and the music was extremely high quality. She took a request at the wedding itself which we hadn't planned ahead, and sang beautifully. Consummate professional musicians, and a real pleasure to work with.

I won't need to plan another wedding, but I'd hire these folks again in an instant, and if I ever need to plan a party with Irish music again, they'll be the first number I call. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of hearing them again sometime.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We were so honored to be part of your wedding. It was a gorgeous event, and we wish you all happiness in your coming days. We'll be delighted to play for you again anytime!
    Best wishes,
    Elise Kress

leslie · Married on 11/25/2016

Celtic Music took a beautiful fall day and made it magical. They added that special something that makes the day so memorable. They were also very flexible with the music they played, incorporating some of our favorites into their lineup. We received several compliments on the music!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Leslie! It was indeed a magical day. We were so honored to be a part of it! We wish you both much joy.

Erin · Married on 10/29/2016

Elise was fantastic! She Skyped with my Irish grandmom and family to select music, had excellent recommendations, was so talented and even got her crew to wear black tie to perform:) HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a true Irish touch to your ceremony! Just make sure you get extra amplification if you are getting married outside as some people had a heard time hearing their gorgeous music since it was a bit windy :( They are awesome!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Gargan · Married on 10/29/2016

Elise was incredible! She even Skyped with my Nana and her trio wore black tie. They needed a little more amplification down by the water but were so so accommodating and talented!!

Sent on 01/24/2017
  • Brynn

Brynn · Married on 09/10/2016

THEY DO CEILIDH MUSIC TOO! They advertise for ceremony music, but we hired this group to kick our reception dancing off with 1.5 hours of ceilidh dancing (Scottish line dancing for those who aren't familiar). The caller the band had was great for both the University of St Andrews guests who are old hat at ceilidh and for newbies, which was most of our guests (inlcuding myself! it was my husband's idea to have the ceilidh band). The music was perfect and the band gave water breaks at appropriate intervals, which I hadn't even thought about. Ceilidh dancing is a workout! My husband and I are so lucky that a venue vendor recommended these guys! The only other ceilidh band I could find in DC was 10 people (and thus expensive) and not so great with returning emails. Elise has been great following up with us through the whole period leading up to our wedding and the whole group was a joy to have on our big day!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Hi Brynn,
    Thank you so much for the beautiful words. We can't wait to play for you and your fiance for your wedding ceilidh! It will be grand fun!

Jan · Married on 09/10/2016

We hired Celtic Music for our daughter's outside wedding cocktail hour. We had 3 musicians. The music was beautiful. Elise Kress was great to work with. They were on time and very professional. I would higher Celtic Music for your Wedding again, and highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you, Jan, for this lovely review! We were so honored to play for you, your daughter, her new husband and your families. It was just a terrific day!

Erin · Married on 08/26/2016

My heritage (as well as the groom's) is Irish, so when we themed our wedding with Irish-related aspects, I knew I wanted traditional Irish music played live. I Googled live traditional Irish bands, and after a short search, landed on the Celtic Music for your Wedding page. I was so excited to reach out to Elise Kress and learn more about her and the band. Meeting her in person and having a live, on-the-spot performance of the music she would play at our wedding sealed the deal for us and even made my cry happy tears! I was so happy to hear the music that sounded like home. You can't go wrong hiring her and the band, and I can't say enough good things about them: They are excellent musicians and everything you want in a wedding vendor. On time, prompt and responsive, and just a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Erin, thank you for your gracious words. We were so thrilled to be with you and play for you for your big day! It was awesome!

We wish you both so much joy.

Elise

I can't recommend Celtic wedding music enough! I got a harpist and flutist for my garden ceremony. I was dealing primarily with Elise Kress, who played both the flute and tin whistle at the ceremony. We had a skype session before the ceremony where she played a selection of tunes, some from the playlist, and others she played live for us on the spot! I can honestly say picking out music with my fiance and her was one of the most relaxing and fun parts of planning the wedding. My only regret is that I didn't get a videographer so that I could hear the music again just as it was played at the ceremony.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much for these lovely words! It was such a gorgeous wedding, and we loved playing for you.

We wish you much joy,
    Elise

Celtic Wedding for your Music played at my wedding in October (both during the ceremony and the cocktail hour). The music was AMAZING and so many people commented to me after the wedding about how wonderful the trio was. Their music truly made my wedding special, memorable and unique. In addition, Elise was absolutely a joy to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They were truly fantastic.

Sent on 11/29/2015

We had a lovely wedding and Elise and her trio were a big part of it! They played during our ceremony (celtic harp, flute, and pipes). I loved walking down the aisle to traditional Irish music, it made the moment so very special. They also played during our cocktail hour (ceremony and reception were in the same venue). The whole process was fun, and Elise was great. Ever since I first contacted Elise, she was very helpful with music suggestions and played for us at her house when we met with her. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding or event!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Alissa · Married on 08/01/2015

Such a great group of people and so nice to work with! We wanted something a little different and personal at our wedding so we chose to have them play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were absolutely perfect and such a great touch on our special day. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the music and we still receive complements months later. I really enjoyed having a unique song to walk down the aisle to and having a happy jig play for the recessional. I can't say enough great things. If you are looking for some great Celtic music for your event then look no further! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Elizabeth Marie · Married on 07/18/2015

This group comes highly recommended for so many reasons. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you are missing out if they're not part of your wedding day or special occasion. Elise was lovely to work with. She is so passionate about music and her passion shines through every note that she plays on her flute. Instead of playing the traditional wedding march, the gorgeous notes from the Celtic Music trio lead me down the aisle to my (Irish) groom and made the day that much more personal and sentimental. It made him so happy to hear his favorite music on our wedding day.
    Plus, the price was great and the group is so approachable. You are absolutely missing out if you don't hire Celtic Music!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Elise and her ensemble were wonderful! They were very easy to work with. Elise met with us so we could hear the music in person. The music was even more beautiful on the wedding day! It made the wedding even more memorable.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Elise was wonderful to work with. My daughter(the bride) lives in another city, Elise was very accommodating and met with us before the wedding at our convenience. She played the music for us and let the bride choose what was played. The music was exactly what I wanted to honor the brides grandparents and heritage. We could not have been happier with the Celtic Music.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kathleen · Married on 04/25/2015

Elise and the other musicians did a wonderful job playing during our cocktail hour before our wedding reception. It was an outdoor venue and the celtic music was perfect and just what I had in mind. Elise was great to work with from the beginning and throughout the planning process. I am so glad we decided to have live music during the cocktail hour and wouldn't have wanted anyone else!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Jenny · Married on 04/11/2015

We didn’t hesitate at all in choosing our ceremony music - my sister had Celtic Music for your Wedding play at her wedding in 2008 and they did such a beautiful job, I knew I wanted them to play at mine as well! My husband is also Irish (from Ballinasloe in Co. Galway), so it was a bit of a no-brainer! Elise is so easy to work with and the process of choosing our music was so much fun. My husband and I were invited to her house, where she played a mix of recordings and live music for us to give us an idea of what they could do. We chose our songs on the spot for the processions and recessional. I walked down the aisle to “If Ever You Were Mine”, which felt perfect and so romantic (you can listen to sample on their website). We had a trio (fiddle, guitar, and flute) play some pre-ceremony music, the ceremony, and the cocktail hour. They did such a lovely job and everyone really enjoyed it. It felt like we had a little piece of Ireland at our wedding, which I know meant a lot to my husband. We highly recommend them if you are looking for beautiful and memorable ceremony music!

Sent on 05/20/2015

I love Celtic Music for your Wedding. They're music is absolutely beautiful and all my guests loved them. Elise is amazing and wonderful to work with. I highly recommend them for your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

Sent on 11/13/2014

We used Celtic Music before during and after the wedding We meet with Elise 2 weeks prior and she guided us on types of music to use. On the day of the wedding they arrived early and sounded great. I had many complements on their performance, and I believe their music made the wedding special for all of us.

Sent on 11/13/2014
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 10/18/2014

We found the Celtic Music group at a bridal show, and we couldn't have been happier. we had a meeting with Elise about what music should be played at different parts of the ceremony, during the cocktail hour. lots of choices, and lots of different instrument combinations. My only wish was that i was able to be there the entire time to listen to them, but we had to do pictures and all sorts of things. But it was so wonderful to have them there, and i found it more unique compared to a standard string quartet. :) very pleased.

Sent on 10/25/2014

We had Celtic Music for your Wedding play at our son's groom's dinner. It was a very large group and informal setting. The evening was like what I'd imagine an Irish village celebration with the village musicians playing. The musicians, Elise, Alex and Zan were open, relaxed and quickly made connections with many people in the wedding party. Their selections were excellent and beautifully played. They kept the volume just right - setting the mood for the evening, but unobtrusive. The leader, Elise Kress, in addition to being a fine musician, was a pleasure to deal with. We were from out of state so we did everything by email prior to the dinner. She was warm, accommodating, and quick to respond. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Kris · Married on 08/31/2014

Elise and the Celtic Musicians were wonderful!!! They played for our ceremony and our cocktail hour and really set the tone for the whole evening. In addition to being incredibly talented and providing great music, Elise and the Celtic Musicians were extremely easy to work with. They were very helpful and responsive. We worked with Elise to select all of the songs for our ceremony which really gave our wedding the personal touch we were hoping for. Overall it was an amazing experience!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Theresa · Married on 07/26/2014

I am so happy that I met Elise at a bridal fair and booked her group for our cocktail hour for our July 26 wedding.

I wanted to add a few Irish touches to our wedding day to honor our heritage and this was perfect. We had a harp, flute and guitar and the tunes they played were so beautiful and elegant. Our guests really loved it. The music added to the atmosphere and enhanced the joyfulness of the cocktail hour, making it extra special.

Elise was so pleasant to work with in the months leading up to the wedding and it was nice to be able to listen to the tunes posted on their website in advance. She was very helpful in knowing what would work well for a cocktail hour. She is a true professional and a caring individual and I could tell she cared a lot about making our event the best she could for us and she did!

I now follow the Skylark Celtic Band on Facebook and am interested in attending other performances in the area! Check them out!

I would highly recommend them to anyone! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/07/2014
  • F

Francisco · Married on 06/21/2014

Elise and her band, Skylark, are true artists and professionals. Elise was great to work with during the planning stages. We communicated exclusively via email and it truly was a pleasure to work with her. She was great in helping to craft a ceremony where music was weaved throughout beautifully. The band played beautifully throughout the cocktail hour and dinner and we received many compliments from our guests on the unique music. In short, Elise and the band made our wedding truly special by creating the perfect joyous ambience we were looking for. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/06/2014