Celtic Music for your Wedding Reviews

84 | Alexandria, VA

84 Reviews for Celtic Music for your Wedding

Karen · Getting married on 09/14/2019

We had an intimate wedding ceremony with just immediate family members and decided late in the game that we wanted to add music. We had some celtic elements in our ceremony (a hand fasting ceremony and my husband wore a kilt) and thought it would be nice to highlight that with some celtic music, which we love as well. We were so grateful that Elise and her colleague Andy were available (I am sure it helped that our wedding was on a Friday :-) ). The music was heavenly and made such an impact for our ceremony.

Elise was so easy to work with, extremely responsive, professional and great with follow up. She made great recommendations for songs to match our ceremony, and helped us select the right mix of instruments to create the sound we wanted without having to add additional musicians so we could keep things intimate. It was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend working with Celtic Music for Your Wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Karen, it was magical to play for you and Greg. We loved being part of your intimate wedding. It was wonderful!
    Continued good wishes for you both,
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful Music!!

My husband and I carried an Irish theme throughout our wedding day so we were both very excited to come across Celtic Music for your Wedding. I wrote to Elise and she was always so prompt in getting back to me, answered all of my many questions, sent beautiful tunes to listen to, and was extremely helpful with narrowing down my song selections for the ceremony. We had the pleasure of meeting with Elise in person before our wedding and got to listen to her play which was such a treat! Not only was Elise such a pleasure to work with, she also added new/non Irish songs to her repertoire, per my request. I chose to have the flute/penny whistle, Celtic Harp and Violin. Elise and her team did a wonderful job. I highly recommend for your big day or any event!!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

We were so honored to be a part of your wedding! It was a gorgeous day. Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you both all joy, always!
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 05/19/2019

Excellent Touch for Irish Brides!

I'm half Irish and my husband is Italian, so we decided the ceremony and cocktail hour would follow my Irish traditions and the party would follow his. We hired a harpist and a flutist. I'm Irish, but I was not actually familiar with the more traditional tunes, so I needed to research quite a bit. Elise was extremely helpful in her suggestions, and eventually I gave her the reins since she was the expert. I did want two songs played specifically in honor of my father, and they played them beautifully. I walked down the aisle to "Married Life" from the Disney film "Up", which was our overall theme. Unfortunately they were set up on a patio behind the guests, but that was more because the DJ's sound system didn't reach far enough for them to be in front. Overall I'm happy we were able to afford live musicians for the ceremony. It gave it a very special touch and helped me feel a little closer to my dad, who died early 2017.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

It was such a pleasure to play this wonderful music for you and your husband! Especially the gorgeous tunes from "Up." I'm sorry too, that we were seated so far away, but we loved watching you walk down the aisle to this special tune. I wish you and your husband tremendous happiness!
    Best,

Julia B. · Married on 12/08/2018

The Perfect Wedding Music

Elise and her band were a delight to work with, and catered to all of our specific needs and requests. We felt that they cared about our wedding as much as we did. We loved having the dance caller to teach our wedding guests the specific steps of the Celtic music. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

You are so kind, Julia! It was such a delight to work with you two. Congrats again on your gorgeous day!

Sallie · Married on 09/30/2018

We absolutely loved having Celtic music at our wedding. Our guests all told us how much they loved it too. Elise is great and meeting with her to pick out music was one of the highlights from our planning process.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Sallie! We loved playing for you and Tim. It was such a gorgeous wedding! We were honored to be a part of it.

Eryn · Married on 09/29/2018

They were incredible! We had a three piece for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and they were stunning. Everyone was complimenting them, and having them was one of the highlights of our day.

Elise is incredibly responsive, enthusiastic, kind, and helpful. She helped us navigate through the different song choices, and she always made us feel supported. Stunning music, great during the planning process, and overall a joy to work with. I would recommend them to without hesitation!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Eryn! We just loved playing for you for your special day! I hope we can play again for you in the future. All best wishes to you! Elise

Julia · Married on 07/31/2018

Absolutely wonderful musicians!

We could not have been happier with Elise and her fellow musicians! Our pre-celebration conversations were delightful - Elise asked lots of thoughtful questions to make sure she understood exactly what we wanted, and then took extra time to design the perfect package to suit our reception. We had a Scottish ceilidh, and each and every musician was prompt, kind, and so talented! We (and our guests!) had a wonderful time dancing along, and we have gotten tons of compliments on the music and dancing since our day. If we ever have the opportunity, we would definitely work with Elise and her group again!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Hi Julia,
    We just loved playing for you two! It was a marvelous night, and so much fun. We wish you two all the happiness in the world.

Meredith · Married on 06/09/2018

Elise and team were spectacular! She worked with us throughout the process to select the perfect music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. She was very open to learning new songs for our processional, and making sure every aspect was personalized for us. It was fantastic to have a piece of our heritage as part of our big day, and I HIGHLY recommend Celtic Music for your Wedding to anyway looking for something special!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

We so loved being part of your big day, Meredith! It was a glorious wedding and you both looked fantastic. We wish you every joy in the world as a married couple!

Arlyn and Kevin · Married on 05/27/2018

Elise and her fellow musicians were very professional. The music was beautiful and exquisite. They truly enhanced our wedding and made the event complete. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Arlyn and Kevin! It was such a beautiful day. We wish you all the joy in the world in your future life together.

Rachael · Married on 05/26/2018

Elise and the band were absolutely wonderful for our wedding. Elise was very responsive and is an excellent communicator. I hired the flute, fiddle, and guitar combination. The band showed up on time, played what I asked for the ceremony, had a great song list for the cocktail hour, and are FABULOUS musicians. Their prices are extremely reasonable, especially considering that they have played at the Kennedy Center!! Elise and the band played different songs for the wedding party processional, for me when I walked down the aisle, and then a separate song for the recessional. It was perfect and I loved it. After the ceremony, the band then setup for the cocktail hour. I told Elise that I wanted "Hobbits and Lord of the Dance" type of music and that is exactly what I got! All of our guests loved them. I would absolutely hire them again.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

It was such a pleasure playing for you and your delightful groom on your wedding day! It was a gorgeous wedding and we wish both of you every happiness in the world.

Rachel · Married on 05/11/2018

Elise and the Skylark band were a pleasure to work with and their music added so much to our wedding day! We wanted to include some Celtic music on our wedding day as an ode to Scotland, where my husband and I both earned our Master's degrees and were fortunate enough to find Skylark. Elise worked with us on many occasions to select specific songs to play during the ceremony and even coordinated with my mother in law to accompany her during a song she sang in our honor. After dinner, Skylark led our guests in a Ceilidh, which was a unique dancing event that our guests loved. I highly recommend Skylark to any couple looking for a Celtic band to play on their wedding day!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rachel,
    We were honored to play for you and Jamie for your gorgeous wedding! We wish you a joyful accompaniment to all your days together as husband and wife.

Gwen · Married on 02/17/2018

My husband and I wanted something a little bit different than the traditional songs for our ceremony. We reached out to Celtic Music and Elise was such a joy to work with. She helped us pick out the right music for each moment of our ceremony and it came together beautifully. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Dear Gwen, It was such a pleasure playing for you and your husband on this wonderful day. To see and play for your first dance together as husband and wife was magical! We wish you all the happiness in the world as you go forward into your new lives together!

Kate · Married on 09/30/2017

It was a dream come true to have this band and their amazing music for our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Oh, Kate! We just loved playing for you on your big day! We wish you both so much joy.

Kelley · Married on 09/30/2017

Oh-so-perfect! We love this trio. They played the ceremony and cocktail hour for my daughter's wedding. The word magical gets thrown around a lot, but it's the most accurate description of this beautiful music! They interpreted the traditional wedding march with a Celtic flair. Hire them. Wow your guests.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelley, for these beautiful words! We just loved playing for Kate and Jake. The whole day was gorgeous! May the joy you had on that day continue forever for you and your families.
    All the best,

Delaney · Married on 07/29/2017

Elise and her two bandmates played our Celtic-Woodland wedding in Pennsylvania in the middle of July and I swear they brought the Irish weather with them! Months ago, when I first reached out to Elise, I knew I'd love her from the start. She was so easy to talk to and walked me through the beautiful music she played over skype and even sent me a CD so I could hear her style. She and her band were flexible with my requests, playing an Irish version of Zac Brown Band's "Home Grown" and Christinia Perri's "A Thousand Years." Our guests were entertained by them during the cocktail hour and the entire set up was something out of a fairytale. THANK YOU Elise and your lovable team of musicians for helping to create the perfect atmosphere for our Irish Wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Hi Delaney,
    What a beautiful wedding, and what a beautiful Bride you are! Thank you so much for your kind words. We were tremendously honored to be part of your fantastic day. May you and Jeff have a magical life together, for "A Thousand Years" and more!

Alison · Married on 06/24/2017

Skylark Celtic Band is a wonderful, talented, versatile group of musicians. We highly recommend them and have become fans. They played at our daughter's wedding June 24th.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Alison! It was a delight and an honor to be part of your daughter's wedding day.

Hannah · Married on 06/24/2017

This Celtic band was amazing! They were so easy to work with and it was a joy to have them be a part of our special day. Our guests thought it was the perfect addition to an already marvelous occasion!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Hannah we just loved playing for you two and your families! Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you all the joy in the world!

Molly · Married on 04/01/2017

Elise is absolutely wonderful and we're so happy we were able to work with her! We really wanted Celtic music to pay homage to our grandparents and to really capture the spirit of the day. Elise was so attentive and helpful in making sure we found music that was just right for us. She took the time to play her instruments for us and is truly passionate about what she does. She is so warm and down-to-Earth, which makes it that much more enjoyable. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Molly, thank you so much for this lovely review! We adored playing for you and Marshall for your beautiful wedding. We wish you all joy in the future!

Greg · Married on 01/15/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding was an excellent vendor! Not only did they preform beautifully on the day of the ceremony, they also were very easy to work with in the process leading up to the wedding. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Greg, it was fantastic to play for you and your new Bride! Thanks so much for having us as part of your big day. We so appreciate being there!
    Elise

Celtic Music for your Wedding was excellent. They played beautifully, they were easy to work with and very responsive throughout the whole process! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We loved playing for you. It was a joy! Best wishes for your new life as husband and wife!
    Elise Kress

Nathan · Married on 12/10/2016

I know most wedding website reviews say the same gushing, over the top things about vendors and it gets monotonous. This vendor absolutely deserves every over-the-top thing I could say and more. Elise Kress, and her band "Celtic Music for your Wedding" were superb. She was exquisitely helpful at every stage of the process, clear about pricing, accommodating when we had to change venues relatively late minute, and the music was extremely high quality. She took a request at the wedding itself which we hadn't planned ahead, and sang beautifully. Consummate professional musicians, and a real pleasure to work with.

I won't need to plan another wedding, but I'd hire these folks again in an instant, and if I ever need to plan a party with Irish music again, they'll be the first number I call. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of hearing them again sometime.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We were so honored to be part of your wedding. It was a gorgeous event, and we wish you all happiness in your coming days. We'll be delighted to play for you again anytime!
    Elise Kress

leslie · Married on 11/25/2016

Celtic Music took a beautiful fall day and made it magical. They added that special something that makes the day so memorable. They were also very flexible with the music they played, incorporating some of our favorites into their lineup. We received several compliments on the music!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Leslie! It was indeed a magical day. We were so honored to be a part of it! We wish you both much joy.

Erin · Married on 10/29/2016

Elise was fantastic! She Skyped with my Irish grandmom and family to select music, had excellent recommendations, was so talented and even got her crew to wear black tie to perform:) HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a true Irish touch to your ceremony! Just make sure you get extra amplification if you are getting married outside as some people had a heard time hearing their gorgeous music since it was a bit windy :( They are awesome!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Gargan · Married on 10/29/2016

Elise was incredible! She even Skyped with my Nana and her trio wore black tie. They needed a little more amplification down by the water but were so so accommodating and talented!!

Sent on 01/24/2017