75 Reviews for Celtic Music for your Wedding

Drums (1)
Learn New Songs (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
75 Celtic Music for your Wedding Reviews

Elise and the Skylark band were a pleasure to work with and their music added so much to our wedding day! We wanted to include some Celtic music on our wedding day as an ode to Scotland, where my husband and I both earned our Master's degrees and were fortunate enough to find Skylark. Elise worked with us on many occasions to select specific songs to play during the ceremony and even coordinated with my mother in law to accompany her during a song she sang in our honor. After dinner, Skylark led our guests in a Ceilidh, which was a unique dancing event that our guests loved. I highly recommend Skylark to any couple looking for a Celtic band to play on their wedding day!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Elise and team were spectacular! She worked with us throughout the process to select the perfect music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. She was very open to learning new songs for our processional, and making sure every aspect was personalized for us. It was fantastic to have a piece of our heritage as part of our big day, and I HIGHLY recommend Celtic Music for your Wedding to anyway looking for something special!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/9/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Elise and her fellow musicians were very professional. The music was beautiful and exquisite. They truly enhanced our wedding and made the event complete. We highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Arlyn and Kevin, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Elise and the band were absolutely wonderful for our wedding. Elise was very responsive and is an excellent communicator. I hired the flute, fiddle, and guitar combination. The band showed up on time, played what I asked for the ceremony, had a great song list for the cocktail hour, and are FABULOUS musicians. Their prices are extremely reasonable, especially considering that they have played at the Kennedy Center!! Elise and the band played different songs for the wedding party processional, for me when I walked down the aisle, and then a separate song for the recessional. It was perfect and I loved it. After the ceremony, the band then setup for the cocktail hour. I told Elise that I wanted "Hobbits and Lord of the Dance" type of music and that is exactly what I got! All of our guests loved them. I would absolutely hire them again.

Profile Picture Rachael, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My husband and I wanted something a little bit different than the traditional songs for our ceremony. We reached out to Celtic Music and Elise was such a joy to work with. She helped us pick out the right music for each moment of our ceremony and it came together beautifully. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Gwen, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Oh-so-perfect! We love this trio. They played the ceremony and cocktail hour for my daughter's wedding. The word magical gets thrown around a lot, but it's the most accurate description of this beautiful music! They interpreted the traditional wedding march with a Celtic flair. Hire them. Wow your guests.

Profile Picture Kelley, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

It was a dream come true to have this band and their amazing music for our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Elise and her two bandmates played our Celtic-Woodland wedding in Pennsylvania in the middle of July and I swear they brought the Irish weather with them! Months ago, when I first reached out to Elise, I knew I'd love her from the start. She was so easy to talk to and walked me through the beautiful music she played over skype and even sent me a CD so I could hear her style. She and her band were flexible with my requests, playing an Irish version of Zac Brown Band's "Home Grown" and Christinia Perri's "A Thousand Years." Our guests were entertained by them during the cocktail hour and the entire set up was something out of a fairytale. THANK YOU Elise and your lovable team of musicians for helping to create the perfect atmosphere for our Irish Wedding!

Profile Picture Delaney, 7/29/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Skylark Celtic Band is a wonderful, talented, versatile group of musicians. We highly recommend them and have become fans. They played at our daughter's wedding June 24th.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

This Celtic band was amazing! They were so easy to work with and it was a joy to have them be a part of our special day. Our guests thought it was the perfect addition to an already marvelous occasion!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Elise is absolutely wonderful and we're so happy we were able to work with her! We really wanted Celtic music to pay homage to our grandparents and to really capture the spirit of the day. Elise was so attentive and helpful in making sure we found music that was just right for us. She took the time to play her instruments for us and is truly passionate about what she does. She is so warm and down-to-Earth, which makes it that much more enjoyable. We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Molly, 4/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Celtic Music for your Wedding was an excellent vendor! Not only did they preform beautifully on the day of the ceremony, they also were very easy to work with in the process leading up to the wedding. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture Greg, 1/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Celtic Music for your Wedding was excellent. They played beautifully, they were easy to work with and very responsive throughout the whole process! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User5221831, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Instrumental-Trio, Bagpipes, Drums, Flute, Harp, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks

I know most wedding website reviews say the same gushing, over the top things about vendors and it gets monotonous. This vendor absolutely deserves every over-the-top thing I could say and more. Elise Kress, and her band "Celtic Music for your Wedding" were superb. She was exquisitely helpful at every stage of the process, clear about pricing, accommodating when we had to change venues relatively late minute, and the music was extremely high quality. She took a request at the wedding itself which we hadn't planned ahead, and sang beautifully. Consummate professional musicians, and a real pleasure to work with.

I won't need to plan another wedding, but I'd hire these folks again in an instant, and if I ever need to plan a party with Irish music again, they'll be the first number I call. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of hearing them again sometime.

Profile Picture User7504572, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Celtic Music took a beautiful fall day and made it magical. They added that special something that makes the day so memorable. They were also very flexible with the music they played, incorporating some of our favorites into their lineup. We received several compliments on the music!

Profile Picture leslie, 11/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Flute, Guitar, Violin, Instrumental-Trio

Elise was fantastic! She Skyped with my Irish grandmom and family to select music, had excellent recommendations, was so talented and even got her crew to wear black tie to perform:) HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a true Irish touch to your ceremony! Just make sure you get extra amplification if you are getting married outside as some people had a heard time hearing their gorgeous music since it was a bit windy :( They are awesome!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Elise was incredible! She even Skyped with my Nana and her trio wore black tie. They needed a little more amplification down by the water but were so so accommodating and talented!!

Profile Picture Gargan, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

THEY DO CEILIDH MUSIC TOO! They advertise for ceremony music, but we hired this group to kick our reception dancing off with 1.5 hours of ceilidh dancing (Scottish line dancing for those who aren't familiar). The caller the band had was great for both the University of St Andrews guests who are old hat at ceilidh and for newbies, which was most of our guests (inlcuding myself! it was my husband's idea to have the ceilidh band). The music was perfect and the band gave water breaks at appropriate intervals, which I hadn't even thought about. Ceilidh dancing is a workout! My husband and I are so lucky that a venue vendor recommended these guys! The only other ceilidh band I could find in DC was 10 people (and thus expensive) and not so great with returning emails. Elise has been great following up with us through the whole period leading up to our wedding and the whole group was a joy to have on our big day!

Profile Picture Brynn, 9/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Celtic Music for our daughter's outside wedding cocktail hour. We had 3 musicians. The music was beautiful. Elise Kress was great to work with. They were on time and very professional. I would higher Celtic Music for your Wedding again, and highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Jan , 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My heritage (as well as the groom's) is Irish, so when we themed our wedding with Irish-related aspects, I knew I wanted traditional Irish music played live. I Googled live traditional Irish bands, and after a short search, landed on the Celtic Music for your Wedding page. I was so excited to reach out to Elise Kress and learn more about her and the band. Meeting her in person and having a live, on-the-spot performance of the music she would play at our wedding sealed the deal for us and even made my cry happy tears! I was so happy to hear the music that sounded like home. You can't go wrong hiring her and the band, and I can't say enough good things about them: They are excellent musicians and everything you want in a wedding vendor. On time, prompt and responsive, and just a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I can't recommend Celtic wedding music enough! I got a harpist and flutist for my garden ceremony. I was dealing primarily with Elise Kress, who played both the flute and tin whistle at the ceremony. We had a skype session before the ceremony where she played a selection of tunes, some from the playlist, and others she played live for us on the spot! I can honestly say picking out music with my fiance and her was one of the most relaxing and fun parts of planning the wedding. My only regret is that I didn't get a videographer so that I could hear the music again just as it was played at the ceremony.

Profile Picture User6314902, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Flute, Harp

Celtic Wedding for your Music played at my wedding in October (both during the ceremony and the cocktail hour). The music was AMAZING and so many people commented to me after the wedding about how wonderful the trio was. Their music truly made my wedding special, memorable and unique. In addition, Elise was absolutely a joy to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They were truly fantastic.

Profile Picture User5148084, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a lovely wedding and Elise and her trio were a big part of it! They played during our ceremony (celtic harp, flute, and pipes). I loved walking down the aisle to traditional Irish music, it made the moment so very special. They also played during our cocktail hour (ceremony and reception were in the same venue). The whole process was fun, and Elise was great. Ever since I first contacted Elise, she was very helpful with music suggestions and played for us at her house when we met with her. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding or event!

Profile Picture User4315873, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Trio, Flute, Harp, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Such a great group of people and so nice to work with! We wanted something a little different and personal at our wedding so we chose to have them play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were absolutely perfect and such a great touch on our special day. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the music and we still receive complements months later. I really enjoyed having a unique song to walk down the aisle to and having a happy jig play for the recessional. I can't say enough great things. If you are looking for some great Celtic music for your event then look no further! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Alissa, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews