69 Reviews for Celtic Music for your Wedding

Drums (1)
Learn New Songs (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
69 Celtic Music for your Wedding Reviews

My husband and I wanted something a little bit different than the traditional songs for our ceremony. We reached out to Celtic Music and Elise was such a joy to work with. She helped us pick out the right music for each moment of our ceremony and it came together beautifully. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Gwen, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

It was a dream come true to have this band and their amazing music for our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Elise and her two bandmates played our Celtic-Woodland wedding in Pennsylvania in the middle of July and I swear they brought the Irish weather with them! Months ago, when I first reached out to Elise, I knew I'd love her from the start. She was so easy to talk to and walked me through the beautiful music she played over skype and even sent me a CD so I could hear her style. She and her band were flexible with my requests, playing an Irish version of Zac Brown Band's "Home Grown" and Christinia Perri's "A Thousand Years." Our guests were entertained by them during the cocktail hour and the entire set up was something out of a fairytale. THANK YOU Elise and your lovable team of musicians for helping to create the perfect atmosphere for our Irish Wedding!

Profile Picture Delaney, 7/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Skylark Celtic Band is a wonderful, talented, versatile group of musicians. We highly recommend them and have become fans. They played at our daughter's wedding June 24th.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

This Celtic band was amazing! They were so easy to work with and it was a joy to have them be a part of our special day. Our guests thought it was the perfect addition to an already marvelous occasion!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Elise is absolutely wonderful and we're so happy we were able to work with her! We really wanted Celtic music to pay homage to our grandparents and to really capture the spirit of the day. Elise was so attentive and helpful in making sure we found music that was just right for us. She took the time to play her instruments for us and is truly passionate about what she does. She is so warm and down-to-Earth, which makes it that much more enjoyable. We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Molly, 4/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Celtic Music for your Wedding was an excellent vendor! Not only did they preform beautifully on the day of the ceremony, they also were very easy to work with in the process leading up to the wedding. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture Greg, 1/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Celtic Music for your Wedding was excellent. They played beautifully, they were easy to work with and very responsive throughout the whole process! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User5221831, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Instrumental-Trio, Bagpipes, Drums, Flute, Harp, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks

I know most wedding website reviews say the same gushing, over the top things about vendors and it gets monotonous. This vendor absolutely deserves every over-the-top thing I could say and more. Elise Kress, and her band "Celtic Music for your Wedding" were superb. She was exquisitely helpful at every stage of the process, clear about pricing, accommodating when we had to change venues relatively late minute, and the music was extremely high quality. She took a request at the wedding itself which we hadn't planned ahead, and sang beautifully. Consummate professional musicians, and a real pleasure to work with.

I won't need to plan another wedding, but I'd hire these folks again in an instant, and if I ever need to plan a party with Irish music again, they'll be the first number I call. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of hearing them again sometime.

Profile Picture User7504572, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Celtic Music took a beautiful fall day and made it magical. They added that special something that makes the day so memorable. They were also very flexible with the music they played, incorporating some of our favorites into their lineup. We received several compliments on the music!

Profile Picture leslie, 11/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Flute, Guitar, Violin, Instrumental-Trio

Elise was fantastic! She Skyped with my Irish grandmom and family to select music, had excellent recommendations, was so talented and even got her crew to wear black tie to perform:) HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a true Irish touch to your ceremony! Just make sure you get extra amplification if you are getting married outside as some people had a heard time hearing their gorgeous music since it was a bit windy :( They are awesome!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Elise was incredible! She even Skyped with my Nana and her trio wore black tie. They needed a little more amplification down by the water but were so so accommodating and talented!!

Profile Picture Gargan, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

THEY DO CEILIDH MUSIC TOO! They advertise for ceremony music, but we hired this group to kick our reception dancing off with 1.5 hours of ceilidh dancing (Scottish line dancing for those who aren't familiar). The caller the band had was great for both the University of St Andrews guests who are old hat at ceilidh and for newbies, which was most of our guests (inlcuding myself! it was my husband's idea to have the ceilidh band). The music was perfect and the band gave water breaks at appropriate intervals, which I hadn't even thought about. Ceilidh dancing is a workout! My husband and I are so lucky that a venue vendor recommended these guys! The only other ceilidh band I could find in DC was 10 people (and thus expensive) and not so great with returning emails. Elise has been great following up with us through the whole period leading up to our wedding and the whole group was a joy to have on our big day!

Profile Picture Brynn, 9/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Celtic Music for our daughter's outside wedding cocktail hour. We had 3 musicians. The music was beautiful. Elise Kress was great to work with. They were on time and very professional. I would higher Celtic Music for your Wedding again, and highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Jan , 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My heritage (as well as the groom's) is Irish, so when we themed our wedding with Irish-related aspects, I knew I wanted traditional Irish music played live. I Googled live traditional Irish bands, and after a short search, landed on the Celtic Music for your Wedding page. I was so excited to reach out to Elise Kress and learn more about her and the band. Meeting her in person and having a live, on-the-spot performance of the music she would play at our wedding sealed the deal for us and even made my cry happy tears! I was so happy to hear the music that sounded like home. You can't go wrong hiring her and the band, and I can't say enough good things about them: They are excellent musicians and everything you want in a wedding vendor. On time, prompt and responsive, and just a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I can't recommend Celtic wedding music enough! I got a harpist and flutist for my garden ceremony. I was dealing primarily with Elise Kress, who played both the flute and tin whistle at the ceremony. We had a skype session before the ceremony where she played a selection of tunes, some from the playlist, and others she played live for us on the spot! I can honestly say picking out music with my fiance and her was one of the most relaxing and fun parts of planning the wedding. My only regret is that I didn't get a videographer so that I could hear the music again just as it was played at the ceremony.

Profile Picture User6314902, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Flute, Harp

Celtic Wedding for your Music played at my wedding in October (both during the ceremony and the cocktail hour). The music was AMAZING and so many people commented to me after the wedding about how wonderful the trio was. Their music truly made my wedding special, memorable and unique. In addition, Elise was absolutely a joy to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They were truly fantastic.

Profile Picture User5148084, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a lovely wedding and Elise and her trio were a big part of it! They played during our ceremony (celtic harp, flute, and pipes). I loved walking down the aisle to traditional Irish music, it made the moment so very special. They also played during our cocktail hour (ceremony and reception were in the same venue). The whole process was fun, and Elise was great. Ever since I first contacted Elise, she was very helpful with music suggestions and played for us at her house when we met with her. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding or event!

Profile Picture User4315873, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Trio, Flute, Harp, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Such a great group of people and so nice to work with! We wanted something a little different and personal at our wedding so we chose to have them play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were absolutely perfect and such a great touch on our special day. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the music and we still receive complements months later. I really enjoyed having a unique song to walk down the aisle to and having a happy jig play for the recessional. I can't say enough great things. If you are looking for some great Celtic music for your event then look no further! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Alissa, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

This group comes highly recommended for so many reasons. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you are missing out if they're not part of your wedding day or special occasion. Elise was lovely to work with. She is so passionate about music and her passion shines through every note that she plays on her flute. Instead of playing the traditional wedding march, the gorgeous notes from the Celtic Music trio lead me down the aisle to my (Irish) groom and made the day that much more personal and sentimental. It made him so happy to hear his favorite music on our wedding day.
Plus, the price was great and the group is so approachable. You are absolutely missing out if you don't hire Celtic Music!

Profile Picture Elizabeth Marie, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Trio, Flute, Guitar, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Elise and her ensemble were wonderful! They were very easy to work with. Elise met with us so we could hear the music in person. The music was even more beautiful on the wedding day! It made the wedding even more memorable.

Profile Picture User5279439, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Elise was wonderful to work with. My daughter(the bride) lives in another city, Elise was very accommodating and met with us before the wedding at our convenience. She played the music for us and let the bride choose what was played. The music was exactly what I wanted to honor the brides grandparents and heritage. We could not have been happier with the Celtic Music.

Profile Picture User5545079, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Trio, Flute, Guitar, Violin, Ceremony

Elise and the other musicians did a wonderful job playing during our cocktail hour before our wedding reception. It was an outdoor venue and the celtic music was perfect and just what I had in mind. Elise was great to work with from the beginning and throughout the planning process. I am so glad we decided to have live music during the cocktail hour and wouldn't have wanted anyone else!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We didn’t hesitate at all in choosing our ceremony music - my sister had Celtic Music for your Wedding play at her wedding in 2008 and they did such a beautiful job, I knew I wanted them to play at mine as well! My husband is also Irish (from Ballinasloe in Co. Galway), so it was a bit of a no-brainer! Elise is so easy to work with and the process of choosing our music was so much fun. My husband and I were invited to her house, where she played a mix of recordings and live music for us to give us an idea of what they could do. We chose our songs on the spot for the processions and recessional. I walked down the aisle to “If Ever You Were Mine”, which felt perfect and so romantic (you can listen to sample on their website). We had a trio (fiddle, guitar, and flute) play some pre-ceremony music, the ceremony, and the cocktail hour. They did such a lovely job and everyone really enjoyed it. It felt like we had a little piece of Ireland at our wedding, which I know meant a lot to my husband. We highly recommend them if you are looking for beautiful and memorable ceremony music!

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/11/15, 3 Reviews