Celebrations on the River Reviews

20 Reviews for Celebrations on the River

Celebrations on the River 1
Celebrations on the River 2

Jack Detman · Married on 10/20/2018

Celebrations on the River hosted a most memorable event

We were very pleased with how the day went. Food – was amazing! Lots of compliments on flavors and quality! Kids Meals – were hot and great and we were glad the delivery option was available! Centerpieces – were just as we planned at our meeting! Venue – great compliments about the venue, cleanliness, and setting. Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Gavin · Married on 05/25/2018

The whole process has been so smooth. The are retentive to our needs, and have been so willing to work with us on all our requests. I am so excited for our wedding, and to let our guests experience what a great place this is.

ANN · Married on 10/28/2017

Great staff, great view, and they made it magical for us!

Celebrations on the River 3

Alicia · Married on 09/30/2017

I had my wedding at celebrations this past fall and I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful venue, amazing and professional staff, and tasty food! They are so flexible to work with and helped every step of the way! Definitely recommend it!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Timothy · Married on 09/29/2017

Celebrations on the river was an amazing place for our wedding. The outside alter over looking the river was so beautiful. They have white lights on the trees that made the yard look magical. I would definitely recommend having you wedding there. Ann was amazing to work with, she made our wedding perfect.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Brenna · Married on 08/25/2017

Ann and the staff are amazing! They made the day exceptional. They always had our best interests at heart! I can't thank her enough for all they did. Thanks again!

Summer of 2017!

CURTIS · Married on 08/04/2017

Beautiful place awesome views

Sent on 08/24/2017

Bonnie · Married on 04/15/2017

Great staff, great venue! The river view is an amazing backdrop for your wedding with a stunning banquet hall that can be used for any event! The options are endless!!!!

Chris · Married on 09/07/2018

After reading some of the previous reviews, we were initially a bit skeptical of what kind of service we'd receive if we went with Celebrations as our venue. However, we were quickly proven wrong and it was clear things had greatly improved over the previous few years.

We held a wedding for 130 guests here and Ann and her team do a wonderful job of maticulously coordinating the details of the entire wedding day. We mainly worked with Brenna as our wedding coordinator, and she was always friendly, responsive, and flexible to meet the needs of our big day. We went with their VIP decor package, which was well worth the money for what turned out to be beautiful decorations, chair/table linens, and centerpieces. The pricing was always transparent, with Brenna detailing each item and how much exactly we were being charged for everything, so there was no "hidden" costs come our wedding day. We can't thank them enough for the wonderful job they did putting everything together, and our guests frequently complemented the venue and how great it was. Ann and Brenna were both there throughout the wedding, to make sure anything we needed throughout the night was taken care of, and the staff were all friendly and attentive if we needed things from them. Compared to many venues in the area, you definitely get your money's worth here - a great staff, beautiful venue, and at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 09/16/2018

steph · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony at Celebrations in the beginning of June 2017. We booked them very far in advance because we knew they would book fast! The venue itself is beautiful and thanks to Ann (the event coordinator) everything was perfect! Ann always responded to my emails quickly and always answered my questions. The thing I liked most about her is that she never once told me what to do. She would make suggestions about what she thought would work but she always ended by saying "it is your day so do what you want!" Ann was there early the day before and was steaming the table clothes and making sure everything was ready for us to start decorating! During our reception she was checking in to make sure everything was going well and kept all the events moving! Our day was sooooooo much fun and everything we wanted! We have Ann and the staff and Celebrations to thank for making it perfect!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Mikayla · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married at Celebrations on the River in La Crosse, WI on 11/11/2017. I would recommend this venue because it is absolutely beautiful, and the staff did all could to make our wishes and requests come true. Things did not go perfectly as they usually don't on your wedding day but they tried to fix any issues such as the slideshow that I put together. When they played it for our guests, they could not figure out how to play the music to the slideshow. They figured it out later and played it again but I didn't even get to see it because I took a minute to cry in the bridal room. Other than that issue, the staff was very friendly, polite, and helpful. Give them a try.

Sent on 11/23/2017

3.5

Great venue for a pretty good price!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Jenna · Married on 08/26/2017

3.8
      2.5

I want to start this review by saying that our day of wedding was amazing. The venue is beautiful from the outdoor area to the 3 season patio and the side patio, lighted trees, docks and dinning area plus of course the fun room right next door discounted on the day of for play passes. The venue they have 100% right. If they continue improving the service in this direction they will be amazing place to have a wedding in the future.

Early planning was Rough:
    -Multiple wedding planners that we never knew who was leaving or coming, drastic price changes, different wedding options, lost first date for wedding in miscommunication.
    -One wedding planner before she left made it clear we weren’t spending enough with the venue to be worth her time.
    -Adam did badmouth old wedding planners and missed a meeting we drove about 2 hours one way for but overall helped us get our wedding planning off the ground.
    -We were not informed about construction (3 season patio) until it was underway but it was done before ur wedding and was beautiful.

A month before the wedding:
    -Ann and Haley and a team of wedding planners took over. They were wonderful, professional, flexible, timely and seemed very knowledgeable. They really helped solidify our plan and dig into the details.
    -Day of was amazing!

WARNING:
    -Food is rather expensive purchased there. Outside caterers must be licensed and there is what I think is a substantial fee for outside caterers even when these caterers use nothing from Shenanigans other than tables.
    -You will be asked to give tips for everything. The food and drink we thought was reasonable however we also got asked for a tip of the entire bill which we were not really expecting right before we left around midnight the night of. To be fair they said it was optional but I’m big about fair tipping and felt like it was sprung up on me. It did not occur to me that a tip was expected for the entire event which was not a a small amount of money.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Ashlee · Married on 04/08/2017

3.8
      2.0

We had our wedding here this year and it really did turn out great! The venue is beautiful with the river as a backdrop, but we had some issues with the communication. For the first several months of trying to coordinate and plan, we had multiple event coordinators. Each one having no idea what we were wanting due to the previous coordinator leaving the company. But we were never notified of this, so we would continue to receive an error whenever trying to send emails. They seemed to have fixed this problem by having an event "team" that would respond, and creating a google document for easy access whenever updates were needed. However, there always seemed to be a disconnect with every piece of information. We also received an email at the beginning of the year stating they would be doing major construction on the reception hall, and they expected it to be finished before our wedding. We know they were working really hard to complete the construction, but it was nowhere near done on our wedding day. It was very presentable, but we lost features of the venue that had drawn our eye to it in the first place. Had we known there would even be a potential of construction, and the potential of it not being completed, we wouldn't have chosen this venue.
    Starting with our rehearsal and ending after our reception, our event coordinator, Amy, was assigned with us that weekend and she was phenomenal. She definitely made sure we had everything we needed, and took care of a lot of details the day of. She was very patient with us and definitely made us feel totally relaxed!

Sent on 04/26/2017

3.6
      3.0

We booked our reservation for this venue about 8 months before our wedding. In that short 8 months we had to go through 4 different wedding planners, as their boss would fire them, the last being fired about 2 weeks before our wedding. We met with the manager, Adam, one time and he was a jerk the whole time and didn't care about anything we said to him. The last wedding planner we had was Sarah and she is the only reason this venue is getting any kind of good review. Sarah knew what she was doing and was the only person who cared about our wedding day.
    I would not recommended this venue to anyone who is looking for a stress free wedding planning process as you have to use their wedding planners.
    The location is beautiful, though.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/14/2017

2.5

To start off: the venue is stunning. The whole place is beautiful - from the outdoor area to the Three Seasons room and the side patio, the altar, lighted trees, docks and of course the arcade right next door. The reception hall really does not need a lot of decorations as it has appeal by itself.
    When we first met with Adam, it was great. We had a lot of questions and he was pretty much telling us everything we wanted to hear. After we paid the deposit, it was as if we were not important anymore. We booked January of 2016 and our wedding day was October 2017. I understand it is over a year, but the general way we were treated was completely disrespectful. All we wanted were answers to our questions. Through that timeframe, we went through 3-4 different wedding coordinators. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of any of them (until our last one) and Adam brushed off our concerns. Communication was extremely frustrating.
    Ann ended up taking over around August (three months before our big day..!) and I cannot compliment her enough. She answered FAST and addressed all of our concerns, listened like she cared, and was FUN. She is spectacular. She gave her opinions and advice, something I am grateful for and our day went smoothly. Her assistants Haley and Rosie were also spectacular. They were charismatic and you could tell they wanted to make sure your day went well.
    We had chosen the VIP package and I would say it was well worth it as it saved us time and money in the long run. We did not have to worry about centerpieces, silverware, time, runners, chair covers, or any other of the “extra” stuff. We just told Ann what we would like and she made I happen. We also decided to have a breakfast buffet and the majourity of it was incredibly delicious (especially the bacon and sausage gravy!) were too spicy but when we addressed it to Rosie, the kitchen made a new batch.
    Thank you, Ann, Haley, and Rosie!!!!

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Celebrations on the River 4

John · Married on 10/15/2016

1.8
      2.0

The venue itself is aesthetically pleasing. Great scenery and perfect for photos.

The service is a completely different story. We went through three different wedding coordinators (the first two quit or were fired) and had nothing but problems the entire time. Most of our emails and calls would not be responded to after several follow up attempts. The information presented was often outdated or no longer valid and pricing changed regularly. The owner was rude and dismissive. I would not recommend to anyone looking for quality and consistent customer service throughout your wedding planning process.

Our last coordinator Sarah was far better than the previous two and genuinely seemed to care about the product and services being delivered. Perhaps they are headed in the right direction but definitely have a long way to go.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Savannah Hazen · Married on 06/16/2019

1.0

Not worth the hassle it caused me and my family

This is not an exaggeration my wedding here was an absolute diaster! Rude, snippy, snotty, just horrible on every end. Adam is the "manager" but doesn't manage anything. Reccomended a DJ that we were then told THE DAY OF THE WEDDING, They hate the company and don't like working with them, (But Music in Motion is awesome, definitely reccomend them) Lots of things were not disclosed, we aren't from the area so we didn't know there was an airport down the street, multiple airplanes flew over during the ceremony. Like I said we aren't from the area, about a 4 hour drive there and back which we weren't able to make all the time to go the monthly meetings, meetings that last 30 minutes tops. So we tried to call to go over our details, calls never got answered, emails never replied to, till we hounded them incessently. Food was a MASSIVE issue, dinner was great but we had about 30 people not show up and with $24 a head that money just went down the drain, on top of that they wouldn't let us take any food to go so it all got wasted. On top of all of this there were a few minor things that didn't bother us as much but were still prevulent. Our cupcakes were delivered early in the day and one was eaten by their chef, some employees were drinking during the reception, a guest complained the bartender was snippy, and to get to the groom suite you have to go through Shenanigans, a game center, which isn't the problem but they were doing renovations there and they didn't tell us that till we already arrived that morning! And finally, my officiant posted a review on Facebook, she was honest and brought up most of what I just said and the Celebrations Team replied to her in a very rude manner. Telling her, and I quote, "As you know, you were not part of the planning process as the officiant nor had any input prior to the day of the wedding." This is EXTREMELY rude, our officiant is a family friend and did help a lot actually. For a company to speak like this is anyone is so unprofessional. This place is honestly horrible, it's beautiful and all but not worth the hassle it caused me and all the people who helped me on a day that was supposed to be mine but instead was just filled with drama. This is not me exaggerating please don't go here if you value your time and money. These people only want your money and I'm very disappointed.

Sent on 06/21/2019

1.0

When we originally booked we booked with Adam, right off the bat we had an indifferent feeling about him, he seemed to tell us exactly what we wanted to hear. Against our better judgement we booked with him. It didn't take long to realize we had a huge mistake, he began treating us like scum. It wasn't until we met Sarah Beier that we felt like we were finally being listened to. She was kind, caring, and understanding. Months later we received an email from Adam saying to call him to schedule an apt. When we got there, we learned Sarah was no longer working for Shenanigans or Celebrations on the River. He proceeded to bad mouth her and say she just didn't cut it. After 5 months of dealing with her we knew this was a lie. He is complete scum and we are back to having to deal with him. I wish we could salvage our wedding and move it to another venue. We even called Sarah and offered to pay her to be our "wedding planner" for the evening. She politely declined and wouldn't go into the reasons why she is no longer employed by Shenanigans. I am dead positive Adam had something to do with it. He is a total jerk.

Sent on 03/26/2017

A · Married on 06/06/2015

0.4
      0.5

Please don't go here!! Besides management being awful, every event coordinator this business hires is an absolute disaster (current planner included). Though they pretend to be nice, they are a bit rude and condescending and will not hesitate to lie and take more money than deserved. Also, though I'm not a user myself, the current EP (brenna, she was fired awhile back then rehired) managed to smell of marijuana quite a bit of the time. No accusations...just fact that if you are going to use, keep it off company time! Never going here again and I will tell everyone to stay FAR away!

Sent on 08/16/2017