Celebrations on the River Reviews

34 Reviews for Celebrations on the River

• Trent

Trent Napp · Getting married on 05/08/2022

The best day ever!!

They helped create the best day of our lives. We are so appreciative of the entire staff, especially Ann and Kayla who made our lives so much easier! They really know what they're doing when it comes to planning. Would recommend them time and time again for anyone looking to get married in the La Crosse area! Food was fantastic, décor was beautiful, and all last minute changes were always taken care of. Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Herrman · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Our Perfect Day

We can't say thank you enough for the awesome staff at Celebrations! They were so easy to work with during all the planning for our big day. Our day so was perfect, I don't know how it could have gone any better!!! The venue itself is absolutely amazing!!!!!! I can honestly say the Friday and day of the wedding were stress free because of all the wonderful staff there to help make the day perfect for us. The rehearsal dinner was delicious along with our wedding dinner!!! A huge should out and Thank You Ann Myhre for working with us so easily and being flexible!!! She is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Sent on 07/29/2020

Katie Gunderson · Married on 08/22/2020

Most Beautiful Venue with the Best Staff!!

We held our wedding at the River Park Hall at Celebrations, and oh my god, it blew us away! Starting from the very beginning when we first toured the hall, we knew right away that this was where we wanted to get married. Not only because it is breathtakingly beautiful both inside and outside, but because the staff was so personable and so accommodating. We wanted to keep our day super casual with minimal stress and they hit it out of the park! Every picky detail I requested was met, the decorations were beautiful, the pizza we had (made there) was delicious, and the dance floor and outdoor areas were busy with guests the whole night! The staff were all super nice and were there to answer any questions or requests that we had during our day and throughout the night. I literally cannot say enough positives things about our experience start to end with Celebrations!! Ann, Kayla, Tanya, and the rest of the team that made this day come together - I do not know how to properly say thank you! You took the stress out of wedding planning for me, and I will forever be so grateful to you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I will be recommending Celebrations on the River to every single new couple looking to get married in the future!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Hanna Vidmar · Married on 07/10/2020

Highly Recommend Celebrating at Celebrations

From start to finish, all I can say is WOW. My husband and I began looking for a venue in the La Crosse area back in August of 2018 and fell in love with the River Park venue, it was the perfect size, colorful changeable lights, and a separate buffet room that aided in the flow of our guests getting their food. The bridal suite was elegant and quite handy for getting ready and storing our items. Behind the three seasons room the trees are wrapped with lighting that adds an element of enchantment.
    What sealed the deal on us choosing this fantastic location was Ann, Director of Events. Her enthusiasm personality, and passion for making dream weddings come through truly showed from our first meeting. She was caring and listening to our needs to make our vision a reality. She had good suggestions from her past experiences that helped make our reception go smoothly.
    Celebrations on the River helps with set up and take down, which I cannot tell you how thankful I am for that, I have been in weddings were we need to do set up and take down and it is a scramble to get it done before the wedding and is highly stressful. Not with Celebrations, they had everything set long before we arrived and was stunning, my bridesmaids noted it was breath-taking walking in. We only needed to add our own décor that gave it our personal touch. We did their dream décor package and was so glad. They had several options for décor which help us save on time, money, and storage space on trying to find our own.
    Ann, Rebecca, and other staff members were amazing throughout the reception, they were attentive and responsive to our guests and the wedding party. They gave us a sense of relieve and ease as they were on top of every detail. If there were issues or hiccups in our schedule, I would never have been able to tell. We had planned to do our grand march from the main entrance to the dance floor and we noticed prior to the reception, that the tables were going to be too close for my wedding dress to fit down. Ann noticed this as well and let us know that they would move the table to ensure there would be plenty of room. When we returned after the ceremony, there was more than enough room for us to walk down while still ensuring our guests comfortable seating.
    Throughout the whole night, my husband and I were told by our guests what a beautiful venue Celebrations is and how this was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and I give credit for these compliments to the Celebrations venue and wonderful staff. We could not have asked for a better wedding experience and highly recommend Celebrations on the River for your wedding venue.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/16/2019

Everything I never knew I wanted.

My husband (ahhh I am saying my husband) and I got married at Celebrations on the River about 2 weeks ago, and our wedding was everything and more I could have hoped for. The venue was absolutely stunning and our guests are still talking about it. The bridal suite was the perfect place for us girls to get ready and relax before I said my I dos!

But the day was made because of the amazing staff that were there to help from day one. Ann, Kayla and Rebekka were absolutely amazing. They made every little detail perfect and did everything possible to give us the day of our dreams. Even my mom (mother of the bride) couldn't have been happier about our venue choice and the team that we surrounded ourselves with.

Having our wedding at Celebrations was honestly they best choice we made! A wonderful way and place to start our lives together!

Sent on 11/28/2019
  • Glenda

Glenda Vidmar · Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful Wedding Venue

I highly recommend Celebrations on the River for anyone considering it for an event. Our daughter and son-in-law held their wedding reception there this past Saturday in the River Park space (banquet hall and 3 season room). The day of the event was wonderful. It went way beyond my expectations.
    Our guests raved about what a great place it was for the reception. It was beautifully decorated, clean and had lots of spaces for guests to enjoy during the evening including the 3 season room and the beautifully lit areas on the terrace and around the fire pit. (It was a little dark in the 3 season room, it might be nice to add some lamps or other lighting.) The women of the bridal party enjoyed the luxury of the bridal suite. It made the day just a little more special to have that space. We had lots of room for dancing which was good as the dance floor was full most of the night.
    On the day of the event, Rebekka, our event planner during the reception, was a rock star! She and the rest of the staff were friendly, attentive and very responsive. They exceeded my expectations in setting up and monitoring our s’more bar and apple nacho station to ensure it was well stocked all night. They were prompt at picking up at tables. Some guest might say too quick at cleaning up, as they wanted to go back to the banquet hall for seconds, but plates and silverware had already been picked up. Guests did enjoy the late night pizza which was very good. Speaking of food, the guests gushed about the melt in your mouth ham, the delicious garlic mashed potatoes and the tasty couscous. Yum!
    I appreciated that Celebrations had décor package options. It was great that we could have them do the majority of the decorating and we could focus on some areas that we wanted to personalize with our own decor. Also, having the security of a card slot and an option to lock up gifts overnight was really nice.
    Last, but not least I want to recognize Ann, Director of Events. She is the best! She is knowledgeable, fun and responsive. She helped us navigate through the process and had great suggestions. She was able to paint a picture of what the day might look like and she delivered on that plan. She answered all of my questions and there were many. She was quick to reply to emails and always got back to us when she said she would. She was also on site the day of the event to make sure things went smoothly. We couldn’t have asked for a better day.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Heather Burke · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Venue- Highly Recommend

We just had our wedding at the new center court venue this past Saturday, wedding and reception. Everything about it was absolutely beautiful!! It was everything we had hoped for. The entire celebrations staff was wonderful to work with. Ann was always available to answer questions and assist during the planning period . Day of, there were several staff consistently peaking in and asking if we needed anything and what they could do to help. Side note, the bridal suite was AMAZING!! It was beyond amazing to have a large indoor and outdoor space, with a full kitchen, bar, kitchen table AND 3 salon stations. We arrived in the morning and everyone and everything came to us. When we needed a plan B for our ceremony music the celebrations staff swooped in to help before I could even think to panic. The food was amazing. Having a large family with lots of kids we had family raving about all the things for the kids to do. Most of our family stayed the entire time, adults and kids. We received so many compliments from our family about the venue from the food, the beautiful venue, the outside space, and the list goes on. It was a perfect day. Thanks for everything, Celebrations!! We would HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Kileigh

Kileigh · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Our day was absolutely amazing at Celebrations!! From the beautiful venue to the amazing service and staff. The event coordinators at Celebrations we’re extremely helpful throughout all of the planning and made sure our day went smoothly and just as we had wished! Our guests where blowen away by how beautiful the venue was, we received compliments all day! I would recommend this venue to anyone! :)

Reid Danielson · Married on 08/31/2019

A great day!

We loved working with Celebrations. It was a great day and went just as planned thanks to their awesome service. Would highly recommend this venue.

• Jessica

Jessica Stoner · Married on 08/10/2019

The perfect wedding venue!!

My husband and I recently got married at Celebrations on the River in Lacrosse, WI. We have so many amazing things to say about this place, I don't even know where to begin... From the first day that we toured this venue, we knew that it was perfect for our wedding size and family vibe! We started meeting with Ann around our 3 month mark before the wedding. Ann is a ROCKSTAR! She answered all of our questions, and helped us to make our dream wedding vision REAL! She was extremely quick at responding, and always was willing to ease our mind when we had our moments of wedding planning stress. The day of our wedding was unbelievable! Everything was BEAUTIFUL and exactly what we imagined. Ann was there for our entire day and was making sure everything went well behind the scenes so that we didn't have to worry about a thing!! The food was incredible and we got so so so many compliments on our choice of venue! We had guests hanging around inside and outside all afternoon as it was beautiful no matter where you were. We cant thank the staff enough for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Erin

Erin Cairns · Married on 05/19/2019

Wonderful!

Celebrations handled our wedding and made the day go so smoothly for us and our families! They handled set-ip and clean-up so that we didn’t have to lug things to and from the venue so people could just enjoy the day! We were going to have an outdoor ceremony, but it ended up being to cold so we went with the rainy-day backup plan that Celebrations provides and it all went without a hitch! Wonderful venue!

Jack Detman · Married on 10/20/2018

Celebrations on the River hosted a most memorable event

We were very pleased with how the day went. Food – was amazing! Lots of compliments on flavors and quality! Kids Meals – were hot and great and we were glad the delivery option was available! Centerpieces – were just as we planned at our meeting! Venue – great compliments about the venue, cleanliness, and setting. Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Gavin · Married on 05/25/2018

The whole process has been so smooth. The are retentive to our needs, and have been so willing to work with us on all our requests. I am so excited for our wedding, and to let our guests experience what a great place this is.

ANN · Married on 10/28/2017

Great staff, great view, and they made it magical for us!

Alicia · Married on 09/30/2017

I had my wedding at celebrations this past fall and I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful venue, amazing and professional staff, and tasty food! They are so flexible to work with and helped every step of the way! Definitely recommend it!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Timothy · Married on 09/29/2017

Celebrations on the river was an amazing place for our wedding. The outside alter over looking the river was so beautiful. They have white lights on the trees that made the yard look magical. I would definitely recommend having you wedding there. Ann was amazing to work with, she made our wedding perfect.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Brenna · Married on 08/25/2017

Ann and the staff are amazing! They made the day exceptional. They always had our best interests at heart! I can't thank her enough for all they did. Thanks again!

Summer of 2017!

CURTIS · Married on 08/04/2017

Beautiful place awesome views

Sent on 08/24/2017

Bonnie · Married on 04/15/2017

Great staff, great venue! The river view is an amazing backdrop for your wedding with a stunning banquet hall that can be used for any event! The options are endless!!!!

Chris · Married on 09/07/2018

After reading some of the previous reviews, we were initially a bit skeptical of what kind of service we'd receive if we went with Celebrations as our venue. However, we were quickly proven wrong and it was clear things had greatly improved over the previous few years.

We held a wedding for 130 guests here and Ann and her team do a wonderful job of maticulously coordinating the details of the entire wedding day. We mainly worked with Brenna as our wedding coordinator, and she was always friendly, responsive, and flexible to meet the needs of our big day. We went with their VIP decor package, which was well worth the money for what turned out to be beautiful decorations, chair/table linens, and centerpieces. The pricing was always transparent, with Brenna detailing each item and how much exactly we were being charged for everything, so there was no "hidden" costs come our wedding day. We can't thank them enough for the wonderful job they did putting everything together, and our guests frequently complemented the venue and how great it was. Ann and Brenna were both there throughout the wedding, to make sure anything we needed throughout the night was taken care of, and the staff were all friendly and attentive if we needed things from them. Compared to many venues in the area, you definitely get your money's worth here - a great staff, beautiful venue, and at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Trudy

Trudy Swenson · Married on 08/14/2020

An Amazing Venue

The venue was absolutely beautiful. The outside and inside were very clean, and all precautions were taken due to Covid. We felt very comfortable and safe still having the wedding. Although we did not have the original count we wanted, the day turned out to be perfect.

Sent on 08/23/2020

steph · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony at Celebrations in the beginning of June 2017. We booked them very far in advance because we knew they would book fast! The venue itself is beautiful and thanks to Ann (the event coordinator) everything was perfect! Ann always responded to my emails quickly and always answered my questions. The thing I liked most about her is that she never once told me what to do. She would make suggestions about what she thought would work but she always ended by saying "it is your day so do what you want!" Ann was there early the day before and was steaming the table clothes and making sure everything was ready for us to start decorating! During our reception she was checking in to make sure everything was going well and kept all the events moving! Our day was sooooooo much fun and everything we wanted! We have Ann and the staff and Celebrations to thank for making it perfect!!

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Kent

Kent Ellickson · Married on 08/30/2019

1st Wedding at Celebrations Center Court - Epic Wedding!

Our wedding was the first wedding in the new Center Court venue at Celebrations on the River on Friday, August 30, 2019. We’ve been hearing each day since the wedding day that our wedding was “the best ever” or “EPIC.” Using Celebrations Center Court was certainly a component in making this happen. Several of our out-of-down guests were very surprised that La Crosse had something this elegant.
    We selected Celebrations on Good Friday this year after viewing two other venues in La Crosse. To be honest we went in not considering this venue seriously, but selected it after a great tour with Ann and seeing how the banquet room, indoor/outdoor patio areas, and altar flowed together. We selected Center Court because it was available on a date we could get our band.
    Our wedding was over the top and would certainly be a challenge for any venue. We were able to pull it off at Celebrations Center Court. We had 290 RSVPs, the band Slow No Wake (8 pieces), Elevate Media Group media production incorporating a video show with a transition to live video using 5 cameras, a pair of spot lights, special event lighting, confetti cannons, and a late-night visit from Bucky Badger with guests Jumping Around.
    We admit we were nervous trying to pull off all the above, particularly when we learned we would be the first ones in a new venue. But it did go off at Celebrations. We are especially thankful for their tech person, Tim. He took great pride in his work and worked extra hard to make sure things with our various extras went off.
    We enjoyed working with Ann and Kayla. And now that the weekend has passed, we are missing them. They were especially accommodating with our pre-visits and getting things setup due to the complexity of things. This included getting Elevate Media to coordinate their equipment with Celebrations and to run hundreds of yards of cabling for their cameras.
    While we definitely recommend Celebrations, we recommend couples review pricing issues and changes in charges that can and did occur over time. We wanted to be especially conscientious about the open bar tab and front the anticipated amount. We never would have used our credit card for the open bar tab as we read the contract language indicating 3.9% charge added on all credit card payments. However, all three of us present understood from one of the last meetings that an open bar credit card payment would not be charged the fee on the tab, despite the contract language, when we were prepared to pay an estimated amount for the tab.
    While we have no plans it all to do it all over again, we would certainly select Celebrations to help us throw another Epic wedding.
    K and E

Sent on 09/12/2019

Mikayla · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married at Celebrations on the River in La Crosse, WI on 11/11/2017. I would recommend this venue because it is absolutely beautiful, and the staff did all could to make our wishes and requests come true. Things did not go perfectly as they usually don't on your wedding day but they tried to fix any issues such as the slideshow that I put together. When they played it for our guests, they could not figure out how to play the music to the slideshow. They figured it out later and played it again but I didn't even get to see it because I took a minute to cry in the bridal room. Other than that issue, the staff was very friendly, polite, and helpful. Give them a try.

Sent on 11/23/2017

Cathy Hinze · Married on 08/09/2020

Wedding was Awesome

We had our son's wedding here in September 2019. We were very happy with the venue and everything it had to offer. They thought of everything to make the wedding special. The food was very good and I received a lot of compliments on the food from our guests. The lady that worked with the bride and groom on arrangements was very helpful and was there the whole day and night!! The rest of the staff and bartenders were also very polite and professional. The whole staff was amazing. We were very happy with our experience and the wedding was beautiful.

Sent on 02/19/2020