Celebrating Your Wedding! Reviews

149 | Carolina, PR

149 Reviews for Celebrating Your Wedding!

• User7749692 · Recently married

Cory Is so passionate about joining individuals together and in our case families. He was awesome to work with and understood exactly what we were looking for in the ceremony.
    Thank you Cory!!

Karen · Married on 06/24/2017

Pastor Cory is the BEST! He was always punctual for our first meeting, rehearsal and of course the wedding! He was so responsive throughout our whole planning process. He gave us so much guidance for the ceremony! He recommended different readings, fun activities like the blowing of the conch, and he was just so fun, happy and comfortable to be around! He even incorporated some of the things he asked us when my husband and I initially met with him into the ceremony; for example, why do we love about one another. I would definitely recommend Pastor Cory! Thank you for officiating our wedding, you were awesome!

Josephine · Married on 05/10/2017

Pastor Cory is THE BEST! Our wedding was truly unique, we were traveling via cruise and only in Puerto Rico for 8 hours!! Not only did Cory make sure we had an amazing wedding ceremony, he also made sure it would be legal! He walked us through the process and made sure we had all of the necessary documents. He officiated our ceremony with the utmost professionalism! Although our wedding day was the first time we met Cory, being in his presence was like we had known him for years! I cannot thank him enough, we had an amazing time!

Nicole · Married on 02/09/2017

Definitely recommend for wedding officiant. He was very nice

Lindsey · Married on 06/11/2016

Pastor Cory conducted a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I in San Juan, Puerto Rico at the San Juan Marriott and Stellaris Casino. We had a destination wedding, so I was very worried about finding the right person to marry us, but one conversation with Cory and we knew he was it! He was kind, easy to talk to and made us fee comfortable. The ceremony was everything we asked for and more. It was traditional, but he put his own personal touch on it and everyone loved it! Thank you Pastor Cory for helping us have the perfect day and a special ceremony that we won't ever forget.

Amy · Married on 02/27/2016

Cory served as the Officiant of Record for our wedding a couple weeks ago. He was extremely professional, informed about the marriage process and requirements in PR and responsive to our many questions leading up to the big day. Cory had us prepare as much as possible in advance of traveling to San Juan, which eased the entire process. While there were some last minute changes to the logistics of us signing the paperwork, Cory actually made things easier than expected. He's not only very organized and reliable, but also very personable. My husband and I and our families very much enjoyed meeting and working with Cory. We would highly recommend his services to anyone looking for a wedding officiant in San Juan!

Sarah · Married on 02/24/2016

I highly recommend Cory!!! He made our marriage a smooth process & one I will never forget! He made sure all our I's were dotted & T's were crossed. Our ceremony was beautiful & worth every penny. Cory was more than willing to work with us & give us what we wanted. I'm glad we had the opportunity to have him as our officiant

Cristina · Married on 02/23/2016

Cory walked us through all of the difficult legal preparations with ease. We considered not getting married in Puerto Rico because of the official paperwork required. Cory prearranged all and even drove us there! The ceremony was perfect. I highly recommend him to officiate.

Marilyn · Married on 02/19/2016

My husband and I were recommended Cory, by several of our local vendors as well as the Ritz-Carlton San Juan. From day one, Cory was extremely professional and timely in his responses. It is clear that Cory is very charismatic and thoughtful in his job. He simply wants every bride and groom's day to go perfect and he will tailor his service to each individual's style.

We planned a destination wedding all the way from Chicago, for 115 guests at the Ritz Carlton San Juan. Knowing we would have Cory the day of our wedding, was such a stress relief... he is very reliable and organized. Cory works wonderfully with the other vendors to create seamless transitions and elegant flow. I would use him all over again and recommend Cory to any bride and groom looking for an officiant in Puerto Rico.

Jim · Married on 01/11/2016

Cory helped me surprise my wife with a 20 year vow renewal on the beach on our vacation. He was extremely helpful and patient as a "surprise" is hard to time and pull off. But it turned out wonderful and my bride of 20 years cried. So I got Kudos and I have to give Kudos to Cory for helping me pull it off.

Erin · Married on 01/09/2016

Cory was the officiant for our wedding this past weekend at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde. I cannot say enough about how amazing Cory was from when we started the wedding planning until the wedding day. Cory was recommended by the Marriott and I read his reviews on Wedding Wire which lead me to contacting him. Cory got back to me right away and suggested that we set up a call. As soon as Cory and I got on the phone I knew that I wanted him to be our officiant. He had such a pleasant way about him and he put me at ease. We elected to purchase the "hands on" legal process assistance from Cory and it was 100% worth it. Cory helped us with all of the paperwork and legal documents and he even brought us to the government offices to get our marriage license. It couldn't have been easier with his help. While we were driving to and from the license office Cory got to know my fiancée and I and made us feel at ease yet again. I asked if we could have a short rehearsal the day before the wedding and he was happy to accommodate me for no additional cost. He even helped to calm me down when my fiancée was late for the rehearsal. The day of the wedding everything was perfect. The ceremony was beautiful and he incorporated some of the special things we had shared with him on our ride to the license office. I cannot recommend Cory enough. He made our wedding so beautiful and special. Thank you so much Cory, we love you!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2015

Cory was the officiant for our wedding on 12/30/15 at El Convento. Leading up to the wedding, he was very helpful with all of the required documents, fees, ceremony order, everything. We're from Chicago so once we arrived in OSJ, he helped us file all of our paperwork and was so so organized throughout the entire process. I forgot to bring a printed copy of my birth certificate and Cory thankfully had a backup. He's a very genuine, kind hearted person and we always felt and knew we were in good hands. Definitely an expert at what he does. Thank you again Cory!

Stephan · Married on 10/30/2015

We came the long way from Europe to get married in Puerto Rico. Cory was recommended by our wedding planner. From the first meeting Cory was a highlight. He helped us in every way and supported us even then, when he was on holiday and send his assistance to prepare and help for the paperwork.
    Everything what he was responsible for went perfectly. Thank you very very much Cory for our perfect ceremony!

Julaine · Married on 08/07/2015

My husband and I had a destination wedding in San Juan and Cory was recommended by our wedding planner. We were worried about having someone who hasn't know us for a long time officiate our wedding, but we should not have been Cory was absolutely amazing! He far exceeded our expectations and really helped to make our ceremony even better than we thought it would be. From our first meeting he was very organized and made us feel comfortable. We really had no idea what all usually goes into a ceremony besides the I Do's, and he gave us great ideas and options for things we might like to do or add. Also, we had kind of an odd request of doing a glass ceremony instead of a sand ceremony which we really struggled with the wording. Cory really came through and helped us out down to the final hours even though he had never done a glass ceremony before. He really took a lot of stress off of us and gave us the light-hearted beachy ceremony we had hoped for! (For those curious, we had a non-religious ceremony). I would also recommend his services if you are legally trying to get married in PR, he made the process a breeze and really saved us precious time with his having done a lot of things in advance for us. As a nice bonus too, after the wedding we found that he had left us a booklet of our entire ceremony run through. So sweet, it is something we will keep forever! Anyways, I am SO glad we hired Cory and would recommend him to anyone looking to get married in PR! Thanks again! -Elliott & Julaine:)
    (Also if you're doing a beach wedding, ask for the conk shell! Our friends and family thought that was such a nice touch!)

Denise · Married on 07/14/2015

Cory did such an amazing job officiating our 15 year vow renewal ceremony. He's a good hearted, professional man who, obviously loves what he does. Thank you Cory, for making our day very special! We loved the sounding of the conch shell and our beach audience cheers. ? what an awesome day! ?

• jewel_711

Julie · Married on 07/11/2015

Cory did an amazing job at our wedding on July 11th. He was very professional and made us feel very comfortable like we knew him for years. We met him a few months prior to our wedding and he was so sweet, we knew he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. We also did a rehearsal the day before and he did a wonderful job helping us stay organized. On the day of the wedding he was very welcoming and comforting. He spoke kindly and still made the ceremony fun and entertaining for our guests. The guests loved the surprise at the end, which was the blowing of the conch shell. It was fun and very unique. I would definitely recommend Cory to anyone planning a wedding or vow renewal because he is professional and flexible.

• Carla

Carla · Married on 05/31/2015

Cory was awesome. He was very professional yet at the same time very fun and full of life. He even wore a clerical collar for me! My family and friends all loved our ceremony.

• Y

Yashira · Married on 05/30/2015

We chose to go with Cory after a narrowed search to three or four different officiants. Quite simply, we were sold after we met for our first consultation, and booked him on the spot. His style is one of great flexibility and experience; he knows his stuff.

From the first meeting, we were at ease with his organizational skills, follow-up, and availability when we had questions. We were coming from the states for our wedding, so we had one shot to get things right once we arrived.

He sent checklists of what we would need, gave us helpful tips, and was just great with the whole process.

Once at the ceremony, he was just as helpful and nice as he was in our prior meetings and phone calls. The ceremony went off without a hitch, and everyone there had only the best things to say about how Cory handled the whole thing. Even after the wedding he has been helpful with the procurement of the license and has just been a delight to "work" with.

I would recommend Cory to anyone at anytime.

Suzanne · Married on 05/28/2015

We were very pleased with the services provided by Cory. He is very knowledgeable about the process for visitors getting married in PR. Cory took care of a lot of things for us ahead of time, which made everything very seamless and easy. Cory had a lot of great suggestions when planning out our ceremony. He is very flexible with everything..highly recommend!

Cynthia · Married on 05/24/2015

Cory Casterton was great! He was so easy to talk to and took the stress out of planning a wedding. We planned our wedding in a very short amount of time and Cory was very helpful in explaining the entire process to us. After completing the paperwork, he took the time to give us a tour of San Juan, which was beautiful! Our ceremony was exactly how we had envisioned it would be! We can't thank him enough!

Danielle · Married on 05/15/2015

Cory was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding day and on the actual day. He remained in close contact with us, letting us know all the documentation and appropriate steps to take in order to obtain our marriage license as well as the day of ceremony detail. Cory provided us with "hands on" support , taking us around to various offices which was great and very helpful. We discussed the ceremony outline with him, and on the day of the ceremony everything went beautifully. We opted for the sand ceremony which was a beautiful touch to a beach wedding, signifying our unity while having a keepsake of wedding day. Cory was amazing from beginning to end.

Madeline · Married on 05/13/2015

What could we say about Pastor Cory Casterton regarding our special day? Since the first telephone call when he reached out to us, based on a recommendation and what a perfect one it was, he made my wife feel at ease. Cory advised my wife what paperwork was needed, and the entire process on how to get married in Puerto Rico. My wife got off the phone with Cory and told me the entire conversation and how she felt at ease with him. My wife stated there was an instant connection, so there was no need to look further for a Pastor/Officiant. Cory communicated via email, as well as telephone. Cory picked us up at the hotel and drove us to the Office of Demographics in P.R. He had arranged for all the paperwork be completed at one location. Had the attorney meet us there and even had the I.R.S. stamp purchased for us to make it easier. During the ride to and from Cory asked wanted to know more about us and he even shared a story or two about his wife Carmen. He made us feel, as we knew him for a long time. Our guests are still talking about what a great job Cory did, we received so many compliments on the wonderful ceremony. He is funny, a great public speaker. If you are getting married in Puerto Rico, and in need of a Pastor/Officiant we would definitely recommend Cory! Thank you once again BUDDY for going above and beyond!

Jose and Madeline Gonzalez

Jacob · Married on 05/02/2015

Cory was awesome, would highly recommend. We initially hired him because we needed someone local to handle the official paperwork, while a friend of mine did the actual ceremony. Cory was awesome though, he turned a paperwork session into a special ceremony, and added meaning to an otherwise dry affair. He conducted an informal ceremony the morning of our wedding, imparted some wisdom, and incorporated some really excellent rituals into the rituals (ask him about conch blowing). Would highly recommend again, he made the whole thing really special, he's got a great way with people too.

Lauren · Married on 04/11/2015

Cory was our officiant for our wedding in Dorado, Puerto Rico on April 11th. He was great to work with and made our wedding ceremony very special. We have received so many complements from our guests about what a great job Cory did officiating. He helped us put together all aspects of our ceremony, including suggesting readings and poems. He traveled to Dorado the day before the wedding for a rehearsal, and was very flexible with his availability.

He is funny, responsive, and a great public speaker. If you are getting married in Puerto Rico, I would definitely recommend Cory!

Laura · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I loved working with Cory. From the minute I met him, I knew that I wanted him to be our officiant. He has such a kind soul, and I immediately felt like I had known him for a long time. He was very responsive and helped us tailor our ceremony so it fit our specific needs - from adding in a modern day arras ceremony to an Irish blessing for my husband's Irish mother. Everything was perfect, and he even surprised everyone by blowing the conch shell at the end. I would recommend him 100%.