Gwen Downs, Celebrant Reviews

61 Reviews for Gwen Downs, Celebrant

• Lindsey

Lindsey B. · Married on 05/24/2019

Excellence in action

Gwen officiated our recent wedding and was amazing! The whole process working with her was so smooth and stress free. She was very knowledgeable on different ceremony types, traditions and rituals. She guided us through the process effortlessly and made sure to personalize our ceremony to us. Any questions or changes we had Gwen was so receptive to it. On our wedding day she was punctual and coordinated with our DJ, wedding coordinator and photographer to ensure that we could just enjoy our day without stress. I would highly recommend Gwen to anyone!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Helen

Helen W. · Married on 05/11/2019

Gwens rocks!

Gwen was absolutely awesome! My fiance and I decided pretty last minute (like, less than 60 days) that we wanted to host a party at his parents' house and get married at the same time. Gwen was super flexible and supportive, and was particularly helpful in walking us through the process one step at a time to ensure we were leaving nothing out. Working with her was very low-stress. She was very communicative over email and text, and once we completed our contract and payment, she checked in every week or so to ensure the plans were still set. She arrived exactly on time day of and went with the flow of things, just as we wanted. I couldn't have asked for a more laid-back and easy process! Thanks Gwen!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 03/23/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

Gwen is everything you want in an officiant and then some! She customizes wedding ceremonies to fit the couple and puts the focus on the love story. She is charismatic when she speaks and is very detail oriented.

Our Ceremony perfect and we are so glad that we chose Gwen!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thanks Paige for your kind words. I loved sharing your unique love story with your family and friends.

Sherri G. · Married on 12/30/2018

Mother of the bride

Gwen was so wonderful and helpful to my daughter and my son-in-law. She was so sweet and gave my family a great experience and very happy to have as our officiant. Will have a pleasure using her services in the near future

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Courtni

Courtni · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Celebrant!

Gwen was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process of planning our ceremony! She was so helpful and she had so many great ideas. Our ceremony was so personal and tailored to us and our personalities. She made everything really simple during stressful wedding planning! We would recommend Gwen to anyone and everyone! Thank you so much for being a part of our day Gwen!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Emily · Married on 11/20/2018

Gwen is excellent!

Gwen is excellent at her services and a true professional! She assisted us with our short notice elopement and we will be hiring her again when we have a ceremony for family and friends! We highly recommend her as a 5 star celebrant! We were extremely pleased!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Joshua

Joshua · Married on 10/12/2018

Gwen to the Rescue!

We met Gwen a few weeks before our wedding when our original officiant had to cancel last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. We frantically looked up websites and noticed Gwen's beautiful smile! We quickly contacted her and within hours she responded! We set up an appointment to meet her and when we did we knew right away we wanted her to do our wedding. She made us feel welcomed, relaxed and in control of our own ceremony with providing examples and guides to help us along the way.

She was ready! She had everything in place and clear instructions, she kept us in constance communication and was so easy to work with.

When it was all said and done Gwen designed a beautiful ceremony and customized it to our need and our guest. She did an amazing job and at an affordable price!

If you're looking for someone to get you hitched, then Gwen is the officiant for you! You won't regret it! :-)

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Fiona

Fiona · Married on 09/29/2018

Totally about you

Gwen does such a great job making your day absolutely and utterly about you and your story. She asks great questions to get to know you and your beloved. We even got to learn more stuff about each other! She was so easy to work with too! Everybody thought our ceremony was super intimate and sweet, which I thought was awesome! She did a great job, really great job. Thank you so much! I wish we could do it all over! Haha!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Cynthia · Married on 08/04/2018

Gwen was wonderful! She came on very short notice, got to know us as a couple and wrote the perfect ceremony.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Tara · Married on 07/21/2018

Gwen was amazing! So happy she was part of our ceremony.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Christine · Married on 05/05/2018

Gwen did a wonderful job with our ceremony. She prepared a ceremony precisely to our liking and I would recommend her to couples looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thank you Christine. I will never forget the smiles on your faces after I pronounced you. Pure joy!

Cassie · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I are so glad we used Gwen to perform our ceremony. She worked with us so that everything was exactly how we wanted it to be; we wanted a lighthearted and sweet ceremony and Gwen nailed that to a t. Our guests were all saying it was the happiest wedding they have ever been to. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect ceremony for us! Thank you, Gwen!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Martha · Married on 02/10/2018

My husband and I were extremely pleased with Gwen's service. We highly recommend utilizing her services. Thanks again Gwen for making our wedding day super special!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Lakesha · Married on 01/27/2018

It was amazing! Well above our expectations.

Sent on 02/17/2018

Corwyn · Married on 11/18/2017

Gwen was perfect. We wanted something very specific and she was more than accommodating with all of our requests!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thanks Becca and Corwyn for the kind words. It was truly my pleasure to have been part of your day. I can't thank you enough for entrusting your ceremony to me.

Catryna · Married on 11/10/2017

Gwen was so helpful and accommodating.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Jeanie · Married on 09/30/2017

We wanted something simple and perfect and this was it.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thank your for your great review!

Valita · Married on 09/21/2017

Gwen was amazing! So glad to have found her. She was very thoughtful and took the time to get to know my partner and me. Our ceremony was just as I hoped it to be, personal and uplifting. I would recommend her to any and everyone!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Dana · Married on 09/16/2017

Gwen was outstanding. She has a system for collecting all the right info to get to know you and your story. We were extremely happy with our vows and the presentation and her professionalism. Not to mention fairly priced and on short notice. She worked hard and got it all perfect for us. Thank you so much Gwen for everything! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thank you Dana and Daniel!! Wishing you many happy years!

Kymberly · Married on 08/05/2017

Gwen gave us our truly perfect wedding. Seeing as it was a lesbian wedding most people wouldn't marry us. Once we met Gwen we knew she was the one. She doesn't see color nor sexual orientation, she just sees people in love. You made our lifetime of commitment come true. And we will forever be thankful for her! She made sure that our wedding was what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. She was the best and I recommend her for anyone. Much love,
    Ashleigh & Kymm

Sent on 08/06/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thank you Kymberly (and Ashleigh) for your great review!

Kimberly · Married on 08/05/2017

Gwen was very easy to work with, very professional and very responsive. She helped us plan a wedding and was available with just 3 weeks notice!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thanks Kimberly (and Ashley) for the great review! I loved performing the ceremony at a place that was so special to the two of you.

Lorilei · Married on 07/22/2017

Amazing human. Recently moved here due to getting engaged Gwen went above and beyond with suggestions on where to have the wedding and several options for the ceremony. I had less than 3 months to get it completed and on the wedding day no one sat in the chairs everyone stood up and took video and pictures due to the amazing vows Gwen wrote for us that had people crying with love.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Lorilei and Sharon - thank you for the fantastic review! Your day was perfect. You couldn't of asked for better weather, a more beautiful location and the perfect partner. Best wishes to you both.

Stacy · Married on 07/01/2017

My fiancé' and I wanted to get married, but didn't want a big event, nor did we want to get married at the county courthouse. After some online research, we found Celebrant, Gwen Downs. From the start, Gwen was quick to reply to emails, pleasant, flexible, and super accommodating despite our ever-changing elopement date! We finally settled on a date and time and upon arrival, Gwen made us feel completely at ease. We took a short walk to our wedding venue, armed our two witnesses (provided by Gwen), with our cell phones to take photos and said our vows! After saying, "I do," we had a quick photo shoot, courtesy of Gwen and our fun-loving witnesses and off we went as husband and wife to celebrate. The next day, Gwen sent us a link to review the photos she had taken of our special day. Thank you Gwen for your contribution in making our elopement so special, yet relaxed & stress-free!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thank you Stacy. I was honored to be your officiant!

Shana · Married on 03/11/2017

I enjoyed our beautiful ceremony. Very personal and intimate. Great value for an experience we will always cherish.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Gwen Downs, Celebrant's reply:

Thank your for your great review!!

Jessie · Married on 01/01/2017

Great experience! We wanted something very small with just our kids but the magistrates office wasn't favorable-that's where jail is! Found Gwen short and affordable!

Sent on 06/30/2017