Celebrant Gwen Downs Reviews

24 | Raleigh, NC

24 Reviews for Celebrant Gwen Downs

24 Celebrant Gwen Downs Reviews

Cynthia · Married on 08/04/2018

Gwen was wonderful! She came on very short notice, got to know us as a couple and wrote the perfect ceremony.

Celebrant Gwen Downs 1

Tara · Married on 07/21/2018

Gwen was amazing! So happy she was part of our ceremony.

Celebrant Gwen Downs 2

Martha · Married on 02/10/2018

My husband and I were extremely pleased with Gwen's service. We highly recommend utilizing her services. Thanks again Gwen for making our wedding day super special!

Lakesha · Married on 01/27/2018

It was amazing! Well above our expectations.

Corwyn · Married on 11/18/2017

Gwen was perfect. We wanted something very specific and she was more than accommodating with all of our requests!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thanks Becca and Corwyn for the kind words. It was truly my pleasure to have been part of your day. I can't thank you enough for entrusting your ceremony to me.

Catryna · Married on 11/10/2017

Gwen was so helpful and accommodating.

Jeanie · Married on 09/30/2017

We wanted something simple and perfect and this was it.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank your for your great review!

Valita · Married on 09/21/2017

Gwen was amazing! So glad to have found her. She was very thoughtful and took the time to get to know my partner and me. Our ceremony was just as I hoped it to be, personal and uplifting. I would recommend her to any and everyone!

Dana · Married on 09/16/2017

Gwen was outstanding. She has a system for collecting all the right info to get to know you and your story. We were extremely happy with our vows and the presentation and her professionalism. Not to mention fairly priced and on short notice. She worked hard and got it all perfect for us. Thank you so much Gwen for everything! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank you Dana and Daniel!! Wishing you many happy years!

Kymberly · Married on 08/05/2017

Gwen gave us our truly perfect wedding. Seeing as it was a lesbian wedding most people wouldn't marry us. Once we met Gwen we knew she was the one. She doesn't see color nor sexual orientation, she just sees people in love. You made our lifetime of commitment come true. And we will forever be thankful for her! She made sure that our wedding was what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. She was the best and I recommend her for anyone. Much love,
    Ashleigh & Kymm

Sent on 08/06/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank you Kymberly (and Ashleigh) for your great review!

Kimberly · Married on 08/05/2017

Gwen was very easy to work with, very professional and very responsive. She helped us plan a wedding and was available with just 3 weeks notice!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thanks Kimberly (and Ashley) for the great review! I loved performing the ceremony at a place that was so special to the two of you.

Lorilei · Married on 07/22/2017

Amazing human. Recently moved here due to getting engaged Gwen went above and beyond with suggestions on where to have the wedding and several options for the ceremony. I had less than 3 months to get it completed and on the wedding day no one sat in the chairs everyone stood up and took video and pictures due to the amazing vows Gwen wrote for us that had people crying with love.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Lorilei and Sharon - thank you for the fantastic review! Your day was perfect. You couldn't of asked for better weather, a more beautiful location and the perfect partner. Best wishes to you both.

Stacy · Married on 07/01/2017

My fiancé' and I wanted to get married, but didn't want a big event, nor did we want to get married at the county courthouse. After some online research, we found Celebrant, Gwen Downs. From the start, Gwen was quick to reply to emails, pleasant, flexible, and super accommodating despite our ever-changing elopement date! We finally settled on a date and time and upon arrival, Gwen made us feel completely at ease. We took a short walk to our wedding venue, armed our two witnesses (provided by Gwen), with our cell phones to take photos and said our vows! After saying, "I do," we had a quick photo shoot, courtesy of Gwen and our fun-loving witnesses and off we went as husband and wife to celebrate. The next day, Gwen sent us a link to review the photos she had taken of our special day. Thank you Gwen for your contribution in making our elopement so special, yet relaxed & stress-free!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank you Stacy. I was honored to be your officiant!

Shana · Married on 03/11/2017

I enjoyed our beautiful ceremony. Very personal and intimate. Great value for an experience we will always cherish.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank your for your great review!!

JESSIE · Married on 01/01/2017

Great experience! We wanted something very small with just our kids but the magistrates office wasn't favorable-that's where jail is! Found Gwen short and affordable!

Diana · Married on 08/13/2016

Our experience was phenomenal. Mrs.Downs has had a beautiful spirit. She is very patient and understanding. She made our union so wonderful and heartfelt. We truly appreciate all that she in assisting with our marriage.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank you for the great review!!

We had some unusual circumstances, but Gwen was extremely flexible with time, location, ceremony, etc. Very professional. She listened to what we needed and wanted and we would recommend her without reservation. Thanks, Gwen!!

Aimee · Married on 06/26/2016

Gwen was absolutely fantastic, I definitely recommend her, especially for any couple looking not to spend a ton of money but still have a nice ceremony. She was completely accommodating, found us two witnesses, let me change into my dress at her place, and was very responsive when it came to changing the vows and anything we needed beforehand. We are completely satisfied and so glad we found her online!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Thank you Aimie!! Your dress was beautiful!!

Brenda · Married on 06/06/2015

Gwen was very efficient and sweet. For us not knowing what we were doing, she was very calm and guided us right through everything. I would highly recommend her to a friend for their wedding.

Jaime · Married on 06/23/2017

Gwen was amazing and accommodating. The ceremony was beautiful and we are very pleased. We will not hesitate to recommend Gwen. Thank you for being patient with us and being a part of our special day. Jaime & Brian :)

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Gwen was warm and open-minded right from the start. She was easy to communicate with and very patient with our last-
    minute ceremony-writing process! She has a lot of resources to help you put together your big day, and she makes sure all the critical boxes have been ticked. We felt lucky to find her, and we would recommend her to anyone seeking a friendly face and kind soul to oversee their nuptials.

shauna · Married on 09/13/2015

I would recommend Gwen. She is very nice and responsive to your needs! She provided a custom ceremony for my fiancé and I. Her prices are budget friendly, and she is flexible to change.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Celebrant Gwen Downs's reply:

Shauna, I am so glad that you were happy with the service I provided. I was wondering if there was a reason why you gave me a 4.0. Is there something else I could have done to earn a 5.0?

Tiffany · Married on 01/28/2017

3.2
      2.0

The ceremony was nice but her dog was in the living room with us. When we asked if her could be removed she said no because he would bark. He was everywhere and on our can't and 4 little girls the entire time. She was nice to let us use her home but if we would have known the dog had to be with us we may have done things differently. Also we have received numerous emails to review her.