Cedar Springs Pavilion Reviews

Cedar Springs Pavilion 1
Cedar Springs Pavilion 2
Cedar Springs Pavilion 3

Paige · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Lisa is so fabulous! She is very helpful and making sure that we know what we are getting into. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and unique. All my siblings including me are getting married there in the next 2 years!!! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2017

So this is a little late. Our wedding was May 27, and it’s been a little chaotic since we got back from the honeymoon. But that’s not an excuse. :)

Cedar Springs Pavilion was wonderful to work with. Lisa and her staff provided wonderful advice when it came to planning our menu and day of schedule. We had one guest that has a severe food allergy, and Lisa was so accommodating to ensure the guest would be able to eat (even offering her kitchen for other food prep or for the guest to bring in their own food). It all worked out where we didn’t need her kitchen for that, but again, Lisa was so nice to offer and went out of her way.

There were a few little hang ups, but weren’t serious enough to cause the day to crash. It was more of just communication issues (such as us telling them we needed another chair for the parents and never got it), and having to look for a box later that evening for our centerpiece that took a while. Also, the bartender told one of our wedding party members that they were running out of beer. However, we found out from another family member that there would have been enough beer for the evening.

However, in spite of those, everything went great. The scenery was beautiful and made for great photos. Our guests really enjoyed the venue, and the staff ensured the guests were happy, too. The food was awesome! The servers were very friendly and checked on my husband and me throughout the night, and Lexie worked with our photographer and DJ to make sure things went smoothly. And we felt Cedar Springs includes so much in the pricing/packaging! There were so many things we were able to save on because they included it. And they even have a “shed” where they store decorations you can use for your wedding/reception at no extra cost.

I highly recommend Cedar Springs Pavilion as a wedding venue!

Chris · Married on 09/10/2016

On Sept. 10th, 2016 my lovely wife Crystal and i were married at the Pavilion on what will always be referred to as our Best Day Ever. It's because of Lisa and her amazing staff that our wedding and reception were everything we'd hoped for and more. From the initial preparation of the venue for our day, to making sure all of our guests needs were accommodated, to quickly improvising a beautiful setting for our wedding under the Pavilion after some badly timed rain, the Cedar Springs staff did an awesome job and deserves 10 stars if I could give them.

For as awesome as the staff was, the food cooked up by LIsa and her assistants was equally well-done and delicious. Pulled pork, chicken, the potato bar, the four cheese mac and cheese, etc....Yum! Quite a few of us made multiple trips to the food stations with some friends and family remarking that this was the best "wedding food" they had ever eaten.

Thanks again to Lisa for being great to work with from our initial consultation right through the end of our wedding night, and to Devin, our wedding coordinator, for keeping us on track, for putting together a beautiful indoor ceremony on the fly, and for two perfectly timed glasses of wine right after our ceremony.

Crystal and I highly recommend Cedar Spring Pavilion to anyone considering it for their wedding and/or reception. We know you won't be disappointed on your "Best Day Ever!"

Meredith · Married on 08/26/2016

Cedar Springs Pavilion was the perfect choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. It is truly a magical place that we will remember for the rest of our lives. They did an incredible job with all the beautiful attention to detail. The decorations, candles, lighting and flowers were all gorgeous. Tabi was so friendly and professional and went above and beyond to help us with everything. She continually checked in with us to make sure we were happy and that everything was perfect. They made sure that our wedding ran accordingly to schedule and did an amazing job accommodating our guests and making modifications when a huge downpour began towards the end of the reception. Lisa's cooking was delicious. Many of our guests commented on how good the food was and we continued to enjoy the leftover food the day after our wedding! We could not have picked a better venue. Thank you so much to Lisa, Tabi and everyone at Cedar Springs!

Pauline · Married on 09/11/2015

Cedar Springs Pavilion was wonderful as our wedding venue. We were so excited for a beautiful outdoor wedding but an indoor option was really important to us. Luckily we chose Cedar Springs since it rained throughout our wedding. They were great at still making it our dream wedding!

We recently held our wedding reception at Cedar Springs Pavilion. It was a wonderful day and the staff really helped make the day run so smoothly. They were flexible and courteous. They constantly communicated with myself and other vendors to make sure everything went as planned. It is so apparent that the staff works hard to maintain the grounds, the site was beautiful. We received so many compliments on the unique and beautiful venue!

Alison · Married on 05/24/2015

Cedar Springs Pavilion was the perfect choice for our wedding day. I cannot say enough about how wonderfully our day went because of their dedication, organization, and excellent staff. For starters, they were helpful in planning every detail in advance of our wedding day. On the day of, the staff was excellent and professional. Amanda was our day of coordinator. The day ran so smoothly, my husband and I did not even have to think about all the behind the scenes work. She helped pack up all of our leftovers for us to take home, and she was available for anything we could possibly need. Lisa, with the help of her staff, prepared all the food. It was delicious. We continue to get comments from guests about how good the food was. Overall, everyone was courteous and eager to make our day special. The grounds itself is gorgeous and well kept. There are many locations to take beautiful pictures, and there are multiple sites to hold the ceremony. Our guests loved the atmosphere and continue to tell us how perfect a location it was for a wedding. Although the cost seemed high at first, it was worth every penny for the service we got, as well as the amount of details that were included. We hardly needed to decorate a thing, aside from creating our centerpieces. We highly recommend Cedar Springs Pavilion and cannot communicate enough our appreciation of their hard work to make our wedding day perfect.

Joel · Married on 09/20/2014

Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but with the expertise of Lisa and her staff, you as the bride and groom and your guests can sit back and simply enjoy your day. This venue can be described as a one-stop shop. From the food prepared by Lisa and staff, to the ceremony and reception logistics provided by Courtney, to the beautifully landscaped grounds, they overlooked nothing and our wedding day could not have been any better. We are still receiving rave reviews from guests about our ceremony and reception, but we owe some of that credit to Cedar Springs. Lisa has much to be proud of with the business she has built. Anyone planning an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception must consider Cedar Springs Pavilion.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Cedar Springs Pavilion's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We loved being able to work with you!

Angela · Married on 07/19/2014

We were so pleased with the venue and the staff. I had nothing to worry about throughout the entire process because Lisa, Courtney and the rest of the staff were so helpful and professional. I received so many comments on how beautiful the venue was and the food! I will definitely recommend this to others and book future parties here. You won't be disappointed!

maria · Married on 07/11/2014

Most beautiful scenery I could ask for. I had an extremely beautiful wedding and everyone enjoyed the good fun and beautiful outdoor place! Loved it. I literally had a fairytale outdoor wedding

Jessica · Married on 08/03/2013

Cedar Springs is an AMAZING place to get married! GORGEOUS outside venue! I got married this August and I cannot express how much this place was a hit! We had people coming from all over the country and everyone is still raving about it! After reading previous reviews I have noticed that Lisa (the owner) has really listened and put a lot of effort into making this venue the best it can be! There is no longer a gravel road and there is plenty of parking spaces! The isle you walk down is now cement and beautiful. The landscaping makes the venue beautiful by itself. We did not have to add any flowers for decorations (other than the usual centerpieces etc.) to make the wedding come alive. Also, we were fortunate to get to try out the new bar/buffet area which is a separate addition from the actual pavilion. Lisa and her staff were available any time we had questions. I would send an e-mail and get a response less than an hour later. Although her staff is younger, this does not mean they do not know what they are doing! They were knowledgable, professional, and made my day much easier! (THANK YOU TO COURTNEY). Honestly, I could go on about how much we were pleased with our wedding, but you should go see if for yourself. Little things, such as nice bathroom, a copper tin celing, a nice pond, water fall, and very nice lighting all contribute to this great venue! One of the best things for us was that we were able to bring in our own alcohol! This is almost unheard of and a major plus! Because we were on a budget I chose the cheapest package, but that didn't matter. The food was AMAZING (esp the broc casserole..big hit!). Also, Lisa is flexable with mixing foods in packages to accomidate you and your needs. When I was first looking at venues, I looked at over 20 and none of them compare to Cedar Springs! Worth the trip out and worth the money! Our wedding was perfect in every way and I know we will be talking about it for years to come! THANK YOU!

• User3419457 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I hosted our ceremony and reception at Cedar Springs Pavilion on July 21st, 2013. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience. The owner and staff worked with us from beginning to end and made us feel so special on our day. Staff was friendly and professional and worked extra hard to accommodate myself, the groom and our entire wedding party. The food was amazing, we still are getting compliments from family and friends that attended about the catering specifically! My husband and I were 100% pleased and to anyone in search of an outdoor venue, we INSIST on checkout out Cedar Springs Pavilion. Thank you!

Liz & Jon

Cedar Springs was the best wedding I have ever been to. The food was delicious, hot and well spiced. All of the staff was very professional wearing all black and they were very friendly! The bartended made us all laugh throughout the night, and the weather was wondering. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone that wants an outdoor wedding!

• Wedding

Wedding · Married on 05/04/2013

Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous thanks to Cedar Springs staff and the wonderful venue. The owner works so hard and it shows. Everyone was in awe. We also appreciated, as a couple getting married there, seeing the constant improvements. Our money was put to good use. We thank the coordinator for her humor and patience with our wedding party. Everyone loved working with her. We are so glad we chose Cedar Springs and will be sure to pass your name along any chance we get.

--Kim & Steve 5/04/13

This place is beautiful, the catering is great, and you get a lot of decor and linens included which helps out a lot!

Donna · Married on 05/26/2018

My daughter's wedding was May 26, 2018. The facilities at Cedar Springs are both beautiful and well maintained. Our wedding planner, Maddie was absolutely outstanding. She was so kind and responsive to everything we asked of her. It was a little tricky as we had a poorly timed downpour with wind. It didn't last long though, and the staff at Cedar Springs hustled to make sure everything was ok. Maddie did a fabulous job and was available all night for all kinds of questions and requests.

This is a lovely place for an outdoor wedding - the screens really help protect guests from inclimate weather. I loved the veranda for the cocktail hour and I think our guests were impressed with this outdoor bar area - wonderful hors d'oeuvres and excellent food for the main entrees. We had sirloin tips, chicken parmesan, twice baked potato casserole, green beans, manicotti, and salad along with rolls. Everything was delicious and we had plenty of it. Being served on glass china was a classy touch. There were numerous places to take pictures with lovely scenery. I even enjoyed watching the planes come in to land at Dayton Int'l Airport. That was really cool at night. It was just enough to be fun to watch.

My only suggestions for this venue would be to put some type of a cover from the veranda to the pavilion as our rain hit right when guests were going to get their food. Because it was a driving rain, the west side of the veranda where the bartenders were, got wet as well. All was not lost however, as my son-in-law's father escorted people with an umbrella from the pavillion to the veranda. They said they were a little short staffed that night, but fortunately the rain didn't last long. I also would have liked a mic system out by the gazebo. It was difficult to hear with the fountain's and surrounding noise - but that was minor. We were so glad that the ceremony was able to be held outside.

Debra · Married on 07/24/2016

A great outdoor venue with amazing grounds and awesome food. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. We had Amanda as our wedding planner who made sure we were organized for our big day. Devon was our coordinator for the day and stepped up to make sure things were happening on time. Even with the heat the staff were all still smiling. Lisa, the owner, did all the food. Everyone loved it! I'm glad we chose to go with her instead of another caterer. Her good was amazing and made things so much easier with everything on site. We hired two bartenders to seve the alcohol we provided (if you want alcohol you need to provide it yourself since they go not have s liquor license). This was great because we could chose was to buy and serve. I highly recommend checking out this place if you are looking for somewhere outdoors to have your ceremony and reception.

Kyla · Married on 04/13/2013

3.0

My groom and I just happened to stumble across this gem of a venue when we were driving home to OH from MI. I was searching for nearby places on yelp and saw "Cedar Springs Pavilion" come up in the results. I had never heard of it, but we were looking for an outdoor site for our wedding and reception, so we decided to check it out.
    We immediately loved it. It was beautiful and set up to accomodate the type of wedding we really wanted to have. We walked in telling each other that we weren't going to make any decisions on the spot, but walked out writing a check for our deposit!
    A few weeks later, my groom heard through a colleague that their catering wasn't so good. The only choice you have is to use their catering. So we contemplated backing out and finding another venue. I asked Lisa for a tasting, and she scheduled a group tasting. We took both of our mothers to the tasting and we all left saying "eh, not bad". Her dishes were a little on the dry side, so we ended up picking dishes that couldn't really dry out. The day of our wedding the food was great, but since it was cold out, the last few tables who went through the line said that their food was cold.
    They seemed really unorganized leading up to the wedding. I had a timeline in my hand from my band (Jack Garrett) and my photographer (ShelbyStreet), but I had nothing of the sort from my venue. I wasn't using a wedding planner. The night of our rehearsal, they pulled out a detailed timeline of their own, and everything ran smoothly.
    Our wedding turned out perfectly.There wasn't one thing that went wrong the entire day or evening (that I knew of!).
    They are a great staff to work with and have a passion for what they do. I did think they were a little expensive overall, but couldn't imagine my wedding being anywhere else.

4.2

Very beautiful venue. They offer lots of extras that most other venues don't have. Definitely worth the money just for the landscape. Highly recommend!

Shelby · Married on 09/08/2018

4.2

It rained on the day. So sad because we chose the venue based on the outdoors and the beautiful landscape. I came in that morning so flustered but when we came back to do pictures it was so beautiful
    Three weeks later we are still getting compliments about how romantic the space was and so beautiful. Great food and Lisa and Erin worked their magic that Saturday.

Cedar Springs Pavilion 4
    Cedar Springs Pavilion 5
    Cedar Springs Pavilion 6
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 10/20/2012

3.5

My wedding was beautiful and wouldn't have changed it at all. However when dealing with the owner and staff there was a lot of confusion and backtracking.
    Pros:
    Ceremony by the pond was incredible!!
    Venue is set off the path, so it feels completely secluded from everything!
    Venue is decorated very beautifully
    It is outdoors, but covered. They have plastic walls that go up to protect from elements (they don't look plastic and don't in any way take away from the look of the venue) and it keeps it very warm even though it is outside.

Cons:
    After we had selected our menu, she emailed us the price per person. When we met the next week in person, she tried to charge more. Said what she quoted in the email seemed too little. (she did honor the email price though)
    When we went to finalize all of the details and head counts, she again tried to charge more for food (in the end didn't)
    Had to go over the head count for about 20 minutes. We had exactly how many people would be there and their age groups (certain ages were free or half off). Had to repeat ourselves several times because she was either talking over us, or just not getting it.
    Day before the wedding she called and made us pay for 19 more people because she said her head count was wrong, even though we watched her write down the numbers we gave her.
    Two different main contacts, caterer and coordinator. Emails go to same email address, so depending on who is answering, stories may be different. That got confusing and annoying.

In all honesty, I would get married here again; the place was beautiful and picturesque. My guests loved every minute of it, and the actual wedding went flawlessly. I would definitely recommend it!! But, if you go here, always always always bring all of your emails and paperwork, don't agree to anything verbally, always have it recorded (email, contract, etc) somewhere!

3.5
      3.0

I had an okay expereince here. The venue really is beautiful, but the planning process with Lisa and Danielle was unnecessarily stressful.
    Here are the pros and cons of my wedding in September:

Pros: -Beautiful venue! We were allowed to take pictures anywhere on the grounds.
    -We could provide our own alcohol and were allowed to bring in one of our bartender friends in addition to one provided.
    -(most of) the food was good.
    -Courtney was wonderful at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding
    -They were flexible enough to have our rehearsal on Saturday morning so that I did not have to come into town early in the week.

Cons:-We had shots instead of champagne toasts, they were not served to the guests in time!! I was very disappointed and had many people come up and ask me why they got shots after dinner. I had to explain to people that they were supposed to have them for the toasts. It was a shame that our guests could not take part in toasting because the staff could not find the time to have one person pass out the drinks.
    -Lisa and Danielle do not communicate well through e-mail. I live in MD, but am originally from OH, and could only communicate through e-mail. Most of our conversations involved me repeating information, keeping both of them up-to-date since they switched back and forth, and even had Danielle send a email with questions I had already answered and were in my file. I really felt like just another client and wish the planning would have been more organized.
    -The meat (stuffed pork) was very dry at dinner.

2.2
      3.0

I was the maid of honor at a wedding here and it may have been one of the worst wedding I have been too. The venue is right next to the airport, so airplanes flying overhead as extremely loud. The ceremony location is set up very poorly such that more than half of the guests could not here anything that was said and the walk down the aisle was so steep all the bridesmaids were concerned with tripping (and the bride actually did). The reception area is perfectly set up so that the sun was in everyone's eyes and the floor was so slick that when it rained and got wet, one of the guests fell and badly hurt his ankle.

That being said, the staff and planners were all very nice and helpful. The food was very good as well. There was plenty of space for 150 people and a big dance floor too.

Kaitlin · Married on 04/08/2017

1.2
      1.0

where to begin? 6 months after booking I started to question my relationship and inquired about cancellation. I was then sent my deposit in the mail with the check dated for the day after my email. I had yet to tell my fiancé about my feelings so I was glad I was the one that got the mail! I immediately emailed and asked why I was sent a refund. I received a call the next day from the owner saying that she never heard back from me about cancelling so she sent the check. I still had 3 months to decide before I wouldn't get the deposit back and wasn't getting married for 6 months after that. She sent a check the very next day after my question about the policy. No point did I say that I wanted to move forward. On the phone I was told that my wedding date was booked by another couple. I had already booked with multiple vendors. The owner was very rude, put the blame on me and kept saying, "I don't know what I'm going to tell the other bride.. The other bride is going to be very disappointed, she was so excited." What about this bride that signed a contract 6 months prior that is going through her own personal hell?! The owner asked me to let her know ASAP so she could let the other couple know. Oh sure, let me make this life changing decision quickly so it is easier for you. A few days later I received an email asking for the check back. I responded saying I would be cashing it and cancelling even though I had no idea about my future. I then got an email that I still had my date and the other couple booked another date. The owner seemed irritated at ME for the issues and that she would now have that date open. In the end I was very glad I wouldn't be giving any money to them even if I would have to change dates with other vendors. I felt as though they were only trying to get their calendar filled, not caring about any other details. I wouldn't recommend this venue to an enemy, as your wedding is a huge day and nothing more than money to them.