Cedar Hill Country Club Reviews

21 | Livingston, NJ

21 Reviews for Cedar Hill Country Club

Melissa · Getting married on 02/22/2019

Weisser has been a complete pleasure to work with. We just booked our date and could not be more excited to have our Special Day here. He works with you, gives you a full tour, and is available for any and all questions. The place itself is spectacular. Amazing views, spacious rooms, and overall a dream come true. You and your guests would not be disappointed with this choice.My Fiancé and I found the venue through this website. We immediately made an appointment. It was the first and last venue we looked at. We knew nothing was going to top it. I cannot wait for my Wedding Day!!

Laura · Married on 08/18/2018

We loved our wedding at Cedar Hill! Weisser came through with everything he promised and more! Our guests raved about the food and how smoothly everything went. The venue is beautiful and tasteful, not gaudy or over-the-top, and the golf course has a lot of options for photos. The best part in my opinion was that we didn't feel 'nickel and dimed'. The menu was whatever we could come up with, not package a, b, or c like most other venues. I was nervous (of course) because of how relaxed everything was during planning but Weisser and his staff came through beyond expectations. The other huge selling point for me was the bridal suite. We had full reign of the locker room and ladie's lounge and the groomsmen had the mens' locker room and a bar area with games for the entire day, complete with breakfast and lunch. We got there bright and early and had plenty of room for hair, makeup, and even yoga :) It was so nice to not have to travel and have as relaxing as possible of a 'day of' experience. Highly recommend!!!

Julie · Married on 06/23/2018

This is THE place to have your wedding! The location is beautiful and spacious and the food is exceptional. The staff is top notch and made our day absolutely amazing. The General Manager, Weisser, is the best there is!! From the moment we met him we knew we were going to be in great hands. He is extremely helpful and responsive throughout the whole planning process and he can pretty much make anything happen for you. We can’t even count the amount of guests who told us that this was the best wedding they have ever attended. Thank you Cedar Hill for making our wedding perfect and the best day of our lives!!

Diane · Married on 05/18/2018

It's impossible to rate CHCC high enough.

The people
    The manager Weisser Millien is amazing. He has years of wedding experience and it shows. With him you are in great hands. He throws a fantastic party and will have all of your guests impressed.
    The bridal attendant Ivana was fantastic. She was 100% attentive & top notch.

The venue
    Multiple guests made the comment to us “OMG I can’t believe how beautiful this place is, I had no idea this was even here”. The grounds are completely gorgeous which was great for pictures and impressing guests.

The food
    5 star restaurant quality for the cocktail hour, the reception and dessert.

The open bar was awesome & while many surrounding venues will not pour you shots at a wedding, CHCC not only provided shots but they also had an ice luge to pour the shots through which was a big hit.

There were so many amazing desserts passed around (cannoli’s, cake pops, tiramisu, mini ice cream cones, mini ice cream shakes.. and more) in addition to the apple strudel and gelato that was served at the table (along with the wedding cake).

Bottom line, I can sum it up like this. After the wedding we had multiple people come up to us saying that they had X weddings to attend this year but they cannot imagine any of them topping ours.

Thanks to CHCC and Weisser, my wife and I can say that the best wedding we have ever been to was our own.

Do yourself a favor and don't book your wedding until you have had the opportunity to talk with Weisser.

Carly · Married on 10/28/2017

There's so much we loved about getting married here. We can't say enough about how wonderful Weisser Millien was to work with. His boundless energy and genuine kindness made the planning process easy. He was communicative and responsive, and very accommodating!

The space itself is gorgeous. We got married outside under the gazebo (a stroke of good luck for a late-October wedding), and the outdoor fire pits were a great touch. Weisser made sure to use the packets of flame colorant we gave him so that the fires had rainbow colors as they burned.

The food was plentiful and delicious!!! Everyone -- carnivores, vegetarians, and those who keep kosher -- had plenty to eat. Even when we wanted to make a few last-minute adjustments to the menu, Weisser worked with us to make the meal exactly what we wanted. Although nobody was hungry, he also included White Castle for guests to take home at the end of the night.

Our wedding was truly fantastic, thanks to Weisser and the amazing staff at this beautiful venue. We recommend it very highly.

Jami · Married on 09/16/2017

Weisser is the BEST!! Our wedding was truly spectacular!

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

Everything was amazing and absolutely perfect! Weisser is the best and went above and beyond!! He made this an extremely enjoyable and easy experience, working with him was a joy!

Mia · Married on 07/29/2017

We had the absolute best experience at Cedar Hill Country Club. Weisser made our wedding night everything we could have asked for and more. I would recommend this venue a million times over if I could! My husband and I are thrilled and absolutely loved working with Weisser and the rest of the staff at Cedar Hill.

Robyn · Married on 07/22/2017

I had my wedding at Cedar Hill in July of 2017 and it was absolutely perfect. Before deciding on Cedar Hill we saw many other venues, but once we saw what Cedar Hill had to offer we knew there was no question. So many venues have hidden fees or charge you for every little additional thing - but Cedar Hill includes it all. The ballroom, bar area, outdoor ceremony site and grounds were so beautiful. Our guests could not stop talking about how incredible the food was (especially the cocktail hour-- the sushi, raw bar etc.)-- everything was so amazing. There was no need for a wedding planner as Weisser (the general manager) made everything so easy for us; from planning to the day of- he is willing to do anything to make you happy! As part of the wedding package they also provide a bridal attendant-- Ivana was incredible. She helped us get ready, carried my veil during pictures and was running around to make sure I was okay at all times. It was really hot outside during pictures and she was bringing us bags of ice to cool down. I couldn't have asked for a more stress free day- everything was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

Randee · Married on 07/08/2017

I had my wedding here is July and it was everything I imagined. Weisser is GREAT and easy to work with. It is now August and my friends are still talking about my wedding. Everyone I have spoken with have told me that it is on their top list of weddings they have ever attended. The grounds are beautiful and my husband and I have some AMAZING photos!

Amy · Married on 07/01/2017

I cab not say enough good things about this venue! Everything was perfect from the initial meeting, planning, and the big day. The view is breathtaking, food is amazing, and staff goes above and beyond! I would highly recommend Cedar Hill Country Club for any of your events!

Jennifer · Married on 06/24/2017

Staff: I cannot explain how amazing Weisser (Manager) is and the venue is. We just had our wedding their the last weekend in June and if we had to do it over again I would not have changed one thing about the reception. Weisser and his staff were so friendly, fun, helpful and responsive. Weisser was very accessible during the planning process always answering questions quickly.

Venue: The venue was also amazing. The course was great for photos, the patio overlooking the course was an awesome place for people to sit and hangout for cocktail hour. The reception area had big windows so you can see the beautiful view outside the whole night. It was great that we could move around to different places for different parts of the evening (cocktail hour was in a different area then the main reception)

Food: The food was fantastic! everything from the amazing cocktail hour, to the entrees and dessert where the CHCC was so creative with things like tomato soup and grilled cheese shooters and mini ice cream cones. 5 stars for the food all together.

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding thanks to Weisser and his team. I couldn't rave about this Venue and staff enough. We had multiple people come up to us and say this was the best wedding ever.

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2017

Cedar Hill is absolutely amazing! They are so accommodating, most amazing food and top shelf alcohol. They were super easy to work with and helped us through everything along the way. During the day of and night both Weisser and Avanka (who is the bridal attendant that they provide) were both there for everything we needed. The professionalism and service were also amazing (including the staff the night of). If someone's drink was empty, if someones napkin fell they were fixed right away.

Alix and Jason · Married on 04/02/2017

We had our wedding on April 2, 2017 and it was the most perfect day and exceeded our expectations! Coming from New York, we had known we wanted a more personal intimate wedding – we could not have been more accurate in our choice with Cedar Hill Country Club! From beginning to end, Weisser (is the MAN) took care of everything and made sure every detail was perfect. I can truly say that everyone at Cedar Hill went above and beyond to make our wedding amazing. I cannot say enough good things about Cedar Hill. I look forward to returning for anniversaries to come!

Lyle · Married on 11/13/2016

Book this place now, the food, venue, and the staff are simply top notch and pricres are very reasonable. Weisser is a pro's pro at event planning. Everything we needed, asked for, whatever, Weisser said, 'I got it' and it was done. Every step of the way he made sure we were doing OK, asked if we needed to make any changes, and he gave us ample time to send in our final RSVP count. Next, Ivana is essentially your day of attendant. She took care of my bride in every way possible, attending to absolutely everything she needed. She made sure me and all the groomsmen were well fed throughout the day, that there was plenty of room for my guys to watch football while I took 1000 pictures. And she'll even make sure that your photographer, weather permitting, takes you out to one of the beautiful holes on the golf course for some amazing pictures. I had no idea when she hosted our tasting that we would be relying on her so much but thank god she was there on wedding day. The rest of the staff, Inez, Steve, the waitstaff, the office staff. Everyone was so accommodating throughout the process and I will be recommending the club to all my friends and family for years to come for any important events.

In case I glossed over it, the food blew away all expectations. We had a carving station, asian station, meatball station, rack of lamb, all the regular fixings going around. Whatever you want, Weisser can make it happen. Ivana got us samples of everything so we could indulge right after the ceremony when it was just me and my bride. The autumn salad to start off was tasty but I can't remember the ingredients. The filet for dinner was perfectly cooked and very flavorful, I know those who had the chicken or salmon also said theirs was very tasty.

Overall, Weisser and the staff at Cedar Hill Country Club gave my wife and I the most perfect night of our lives with all our closest friends and family. We are forever grateful and recommend this venue 1000 times over.

Jordana · Married on 11/13/2016

The team at Cedar Hill was fantastic! From Ivanna's day of knowledge - where to take photos, how to sneak out for food, and HOW TO PEE IN THE DRESS! to Weisser's expert set up, and beyond full fledge feast at a modest cost, we could not have been happier. Everyone has walked away remembering being full, happy, and well entertained. We could not have done it without the entire CHCC team, who recommended the other vendors that made our day complete.

jessica · Married on 10/29/2016

This venue went above and beyond to help me and my husband have the dream wedding we were always hoping for. From the willingness to make a budget work, to organizing and accommodating the best food stations and entrees, we were blown away. The amount of food is incredible, but the quality matches it! The staff is incredibly attentive, along with Weisser who goes above and beyond to make sure you have the best party. He is so relaxed but really knows his stuff and you need to realize you are in great hands. I sent several one off emails confirming details as they popped into my head, and Weisser always responded and never seemed frustrated or bothered - rather he was always enthusiastic and you could tell he was sincere about making sure the party was epic and perfect! From the caviar and ice luges, to the sushi, to the rawbar, to the ice sculptures with our initials as well as university logos, we couldn't have been happier. The day went so smoothly, and Weisser recently got the bridal suite in order and it's beautiful and a great place to get ready with your bridal party - the guys have a fixed up pool room with a huge tv and sofa/chairs, that looks like a man cave which was great for my husband's groom party. Ivana is also a gem that we didn't even realize we were getting- she was there every step of the way ensuring my husband and I always had a drink in hand, our friends and family were taken care of, or just to hold my coat in between pictures outside - she was truly incredible and smiling the whole time. We wish we could do it all over again and we would choose Cedar Hill Country Club every time! Unbelievable and thank you so much again!

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

We had an amazing experience working with Cedar Hill. Weisser, Steve and the entire Cedar Hill staff went out of their way at every opportunity to make our event easy to execute. I already booked a future event there! Thanks to Cedar Hill.

Ruth · Married on 06/25/2016

Cedar Hill Country Club is the perfect place to host your next wedding. My daughter had the reception and ceremony here this past June and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and elegant event. Weisser the general manager is extremely attentive and professional and we loved working with him. First of all, this country club is very elegant and scenic and if you are looking for beautiful photos this is the place to be. The food is beyond delicious and presented beautifully and creatively. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff that helped make this day so special. Looking forward to attending many more events at this very special club that is warm and inviting. Once you make an appointment with Weisser or and see this beautiful venue you won't have to look any further! N

Jess · Married on 04/10/2016

There are no words that I could write here to justify how amazing Cedar Hill Country Club is. Weisser, Steven, Ivana and the entire staff are absolutely incredible and went above and beyond to ensure that we had the best night of our lives. We truly can't thank them enough. The day was absolutely perfect and we didn't have to worry about a single thing. Everyone keeps raving about everything... the food, how gorgeous Cedar Hill is, and how great the staff are.

Weisser was so responsive leading up to the wedding and managed the day of the wedding like a seasoned professional. He thought of ways to add special touches throughout the wedding and made us feel like family. You can tell how much he loves his job by his care and excitement in every single detail.

Ivana also deserves mention. She is such a gem, I wish I could have her around all the time! She's such a fun person and made it so easy for me to not have to worry about a thing. Any bride would be so lucky to have her with them on their wedding day. She was there every moment I needed her: from helping us get my dress out of the car when we arrived in the morning to reapplying my lip gloss every time she saw I needed more and getting chocolate sauce completely off of my wedding dress at the end of the night in a matter of 30 seconds. She did it all with the biggest smile and without her, it wouldn't have been as special. We had so much confidence in the staff that we were able to relax and enjoy the entire day/night.

If you want the most perfect night of your life in beautiful surroundings and where you are treated like family, go to Cedar Hill. If you want to be able to make sure you enjoy your day while amazing professionals take care of the details that you planned, go to Cedar Hill!

Danielle · Married on 08/01/2015

From beginning to end Cedar Hill and their staff were beyond all expectations. Their attention to every detail were excellent and the food was better than any five star restaurant. Thank you Cedar Hill for making Danielle's dreams come true!!