Catta Verdera Country Club Reviews

32 | Lincoln, CA

32 Reviews for Catta Verdera Country Club

• Mandy

Mandy · Married on 08/25/2017

I would recommend Catta Verdera to anyone who is getting married and wants their venue to be beautiful, valuable and effortless. Not only are the grounds breathtaking, but the club and the retreats are heavenly. I fell in love with this place the moment I stepped foot in to the property. We didn't even have to decorate very much because it was amazing. We received one of their end of summer specials to cut costs, but even the regular price would have been worth every single penny. With the level of professionalism, the amazing offerings and the delicious food...I couldn't have been happier. Now, let's talk about Christina and all of the other amazing staff at Catta Verdera. Attentive, accommodating, flexible and all around spectacular! I am running out of adjectives to describe how much I love this place. Go. Get Married Here. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Wonderful site for a wedding. Everyone is very friendly. Christina is amazing! They take care of all the work. They are very organized and a pleasure to work with, I wouldn't change my wedding day at all. Love love this place

Sent on 04/21/2014
  • User3522079 · 2+ years ago

The staff at Catta Verdera was very friendly and flexible. The grooms room did not have ac which was the only downfall, i'm pretty sure they had it fixed by now. Otherwise the venu is gorgeous, the food is excellent, and the staff is awesome!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 01/07/2017

Christina, the event coordinator, is a goddess. She makes you feel so special and so valued. Which is much appreciated considering the pretty penny you'll spend here. The location and accommodations are beautiful here. I especially love that tax and service charge are included in the price - cutting out price tag guesswork.

The only thing I could complain about was the food tasted much better at the tasting than at the wedding. Kind of a bummer, but I guess that's what you get for buffet. For no extra cost, you can get plated dinner - that's the only thing I would have changed for our wedding.

Sent on 02/16/2017
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2013

The staff at Catta was amazing. CHristina our coordinator made sure every detail was followed through, the food was amazing we requested a custom menu and they made it happen. On the day of, our wait staff in the Retreat area were superb. The staff made sure all vendors were set up and guests were taken care, even when there was a snafoo, they made sure we didn't know about it until after. I HIGHLY recommend Catta Verdera Country Club!!

Sent on 05/18/2013

Korie · Married on 10/20/2012

4.2

Event coordinator Christina was extremely helpful, professional and flexible. Event was gorgeous and was exactly what i wanted!

Sent on 08/09/2013
  • User2061796 · 2+ years ago

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

The Venue and rooms to get ready in were beautiful. The food was awesome. Our coordinator Christina was amazing and answered all of our questions and was very helpful. The staff was very helpful too during the wedding day.
    The down falls of this venue were that in summer there air conditioner didn't work well - it was so hot getting ready and people stopped wanting to dance because no matter how low you put the air on it just couldn't cool it down enough. We had cards stolen from our birdcage also. They put your gift table in the hall that all golf guests have access too, there was suppose to be an attendant there but no one was there and I had asked that it be in the room with us but they said there was no where to put it? It is a big room. Also, the food and beverage coordinator (christina's boss) was creepy and rude. He had the nerve to ask us for more money 2 days after our wedding was over. He was very unprofessional about how he handled mischarging us. We paid the full price ahead of time and they told us we over paid, so they gave us a discount on our open bar the night of the wedding. I actually asked them to double check because I was sure we didn't, but they insisted we did. Then when he called us to inform us we didn't pay enough days later he told my now husband that we knew what we owed and we were at fault. I was furious as anyone would be! Then he had the nerve to ask us to write a good review for them after he was very disrespectful to us. We resolved the situation but it put a bitter taste in my mouth and made our beautiful wedding day seem less than.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Catta Verdera Country Club's reply:

Catta Verdera would like to apologize and address the issues brought up along with some miscommunication we had with this couple. We have had a few incidents with our air conditioning unit going out towards the end of the night and we are very sorry. This was out of our control that evening, but we have since addressed this by having professionals come out and replacing parts needed to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

We sincerely apologize for the missing cards from the birdcage. Our attendant is only standing near the table and greeting guests as they arrive and drop off their gifts, not the entire evening. This has always been our policy. The gift table is normally moved into the foyer near the restrooms and the hallway right outside of the reception room. Missing cards from the gift table is new news to us. We were shocked to read about this and have not had any complaints about the placement of the gift table until now. The new location of the gift table is in the reception room where everyone can see it at all times.

While ringing up this wedding at the end of the evening a wrong guest count was entered in (by us) making the balance look as if the couple had overpaid. Informing the couple of this “overpaying” the night of the wedding (before it was checked over thoroughly) was bad judgment on our part. We emailed the couple a day or two after the wedding to inform them of our error and it was not taken well. Admitting it was our error and showing where we had entered in the incorrect guest count, still upset the couple. To compensate for this we reduced the remaining balance due which gave them a discount on the overall wedding bill.

We wish this couple the very best and hope that their wedding memories will remain positive and memorable with us. It is our policy NOT to ask for a review. Catta Verdera has done our best to always address any concerns and create an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming where guests will enjoy themselves and hopefully return again and again.