76 Reviews for Cator Woolford Gardens at The Frazer Center

Wheelchair Access (4)
Indoor (2)
Covered Outdoor (2)
76 Cator Woolford Gardens at The Frazer Center Reviews

Christina and her team made the entire process super easy and super fun! The venue is stunning, crazy value for the investment. The tables and chairs, tents, set up, break down, sound equipment, security, and more, all provided. The venue is completely disabled accessible, no small feat for an outdoor garden and pavilion. Planning meetings were arranged for us, recommendations for caterers, florists, and more - and the best part, the net proceeds from booking the venue go to the amazing Frazer Center, which provides educational opportunities to young students with challenges, among others. Five plus-plus-plus stars! Thank you Cator Woodford Gardens at the Frazer Center!

Photos
Profile Picture Tony, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound

This is a perfect place for a wedding! The grounds are gorgeous ( and going getting prettier with the new gardener they recently hired) and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to get married- the ceremony in the gardens, the reception outdoors next to the grand staircase! The venue is a great value ( especially since you can save a ton by providing your own alcohol). Christina( the event coordinator) is wonderful to work with and extremely helpful and very responsive.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Parking

Had my first occasion to officiate a wedding at Cator Woolford Gardens adn the staff was great. They were professional in the midst of a difficult situation and I would love to work with them anytime.

Profile Picture Mike, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is such a lovely little secret garden, perfect for a wedding :) We decided to keep our entire event in the garden, even though that meant no amplified music and we had to be cleared out by 9pm. We're a smallish, casual bunch and decided this place was so pretty, it was worth it. Christina was so nice and helpful and quick at answering any questions that came up.

When booking, CWG supplies you with a really handy list of preferred vendors. Some I needed help finding, some I didn't but it was nice to see every vendor I chose was on the list. They require you to have a day of planner and for this I'm glad. Not sure I would have chosen to have one on my own, but without her I would have been a mess and no way would everything have worked out as well as it did. They have a list of about a dozen planners to choose from if you don't have one in mind, and I liked that I got to choose who I wanted, rather than just dealing with whomever you're given like at some venues.

Weather agreed with us on the wedding day so we didn't use the atrium at all, although it's a solid enough rain plan that I wouldn't have been too upset about having to use it. Christina made sure we had multiple plans in place in case of different inclement weather scenarios which was very comforting for us. She took the time to walk us through them and talk about how decor, food and music would transfer.

The only kind of issue I had with the place was how the bride gets from the bridal suite (which is awesome and really comfortable) to the aisle. Guests sitting in the ceremony area can totally see you walking to the back before walking the aisle. People were waving at me. But besides that issue, we absolutely adore CWG. Keep in mind there's multiple areas you can have a ceremony in, especially if you're interested in a wedding in the round (we seriously considered this!). Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a garden venue.

Profile Picture Madelaine, 10/15/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

It was so nice working with Christina for wedding. The staff at CWG is helpful and professional. I would recommend this venue. It is so lovely getting married in Atlanta in the secret gardens. It is also nice that the venue has tables, chairs, and golf carts. Very helpful!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Jen Hawthorne and then Christina Hopkins provided the most wonderful assistance for our April 10th 2016 wedding. We always got quick responses to our questions and they both had great ideas for our ceremony. They also worked really well with our day of planner. When Jen decided to move on to other creative ventures Christina took over with amazing professionalism. We never would have pulled this wedding off with such success without Christina and her flexibility. She was right on it when we decided a few days before the outside ceremony to move the dinner from the terrace area adjacent to the tent to the atrium ! All went amazingly smoothly. The transfer of all the guests went quickly and efficiently both up to the atrium and then to the parking areas via stretch golf carts. The dressing area for the bridesmaids is lovely and was such a great place to hang out before the ceremony . The gardens were in full-bloom and needed no other adornment. The atrium is lit with tiny bulbs and also needs nothing else to make it more beautiful. Thank you Christina and Cator-Woolford for an unforgettable day.

Profile Picture Madeline, 4/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Where to even start about this truly beautiful garden and non-profit? My husband discovered Cator Woolford on a bike ride through Decatur and from first blush, we knew this was the most perfect place for our wedding. Christina, Jenn, and Holly are wonderful venue coordinators, and welcomed us to check out the gardens and reference their super helpful recommended vendors list as we embarked on the wedding planning process. The venue fees are very reasonable and go directly back to supporting the Frazer Center, a wonderful organization with a wonderful cause. Book quickly as I am sure their calendar is filled far in advance!

And the gardens themselves? Jaw-droppingly, absolutely, perfectly gorgeous. I could not have asked for a more verdant and lush backdrop to our September wedding, and the beautiful old archway, marble staircase, chandeliered tent, and light-strung patio were beautiful additions to our big day. It was so special to be married on such good ground, surrounded by groves of trees as old as Atlanta herself. Support this organization and you'll also be booking the venue of your dreams!

Profile Picture Jess, 9/19/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I do not even know where to begin - Cator Woolford Gardens is absolutely THE perfect place for a wedding in Atlanta. We had half of our reception outdoors in the garden and half indoors in the atrium - our guests cannot stop telling us how gorgeous our reception was! The outdoor gardens feels like The Secret Garden - we had our wedding on May 24th and the flowers and gardens were so lush and full. There were so many amazing spots for photographs.

Our wedding started in the gardens for cocktails and dinner. Although amplified music isn't allowed, we had a string duet play during dinner and it was perfect for setting the mood. Afterwards, our guests were shuttled up to the Atrium for dessert and dancing via golf carts (our guests loved this! it just added to the fun of the day and helped build up the energy for the dancing). The Atrium has floor to ceiling windows and so much natural light floods that room - its beautiful. We really didn't have to do any decorations as there are already bistro lights hanging up on the rafters.

To top it all off, the proceeds from the rentals for the venue go towards their program for children and adults with special needs.

tl;dr Cator Woolford is an affordable and beautiful place to host your wedding ceremony and/or reception. You won't regret it. We cannot wait to look at our beautiful photos from our reception at this venue for years to come :)

Profile Picture Gina, 5/24/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Cator Woolford Gardens at the Frazer Center was the perfect location for our outdoor fall ceremony and reception. Jen was extremely helpful and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kim, 10/26/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved the venue and it was the perfect location for my garden wedding.

Profile Picture Torie, 7/19/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The gardens are beautiful and quiet! Jen was so helpful! She assisted me with price, organizing my day, and was very accommodating to my short-notice wedding date!

I love the gardens and I'm so thankful that I was able to make such special memories there. Not to mention, my background in my photography was beautiful!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had a magical wedding at Cator-Woolford Gardens at the Frazer Center. We were referred to the venue by a friend who stumbled upon it on a long bike ride. It's a little piece of heaven in the middle of the big city, with acres and acres of forest, hiking trails, and beautiful gardens and an indoor reception area for a large event like a wedding.

Great options for rain plans, including an already existing permanent outdoor tent with beautiful chandeliers from the original Cator-Woolford mansion. Lovely bridal suite, too! Just steps away is the Atlanta Hospital Hospitality House, a mansion converted into a facility which provides loving, supportive care to patients in need. The Frazer Center provides educational programs for developmentally challenged children and adults, and the rental fees for your event go towards supporting these programs -- so we felt great about paying the money. No additional fees required for security guard or renting tables/chairs, and there is an iPod deck and sound system already in place in the Atrium upstairs (where people typically have their receptions).

Most importantly, it's vital to have a great coordinator at your wedding venue, and we absolutely loved Jen Hawthorne. She's responsive, enthusiastic about her job, and extremely helpful when needed. She wins the wedding venue coordinator award of the year, in my opinion.

One minor mishap that happened at our event -- the speakers kept going in and out upstairs in the atrium during our reception. I would just make sure the sound system is working prior to your event.

All in all, we give this place two thumbs up. Our friends and family had a great time in the gardens at our wedding. We actually still periodically stop by for picnic lunches and short hikes, too. :)

Profile Picture User4247537, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

We hosted our wedding reception at Cator Woolford Gardens in September 2013. We lucked out with beautiful weather, which enabled us to utilize multiple areas of the property. Our guests arrived and were shuttled from the parking area (at the top of a hill) down to the gardens via large golf carts. We hosted a cocktail hour in the gardens under a beautiful white tent and patio area. We were allowed to set up cornhole, bocci ball, and croquet in a small green space across a charming bridge from the food/beverage area. Our guests enjoyed the time outside to meander through the gardens. Guests were shuttled back up the hill for dinner and dancing. We had about 100 guests and the staff was able to get everyone up the hill in about 15 minutes (corralling folks from the bar and appetizers was the hardest part, which our day of coordinator took care of)! We used the atrium attached the school for the rest of our reception, with a small photobooth area set up just outside. The venue was flexible and helped all of our vendors find space and utilities for their needs. We would have liked to be able to play some recorded music during our cocktail hour, but no amplified sound of any kind is permitted due to the residential location of the venue. We had a band inside the atrium with no restrictions. The staff at CWG was easy to work with and while it is expensive (IMO), it is a hidden gem and was the perfect venue for our wedding reception.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/28/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The gardens were a perfect setting for our wedding. Love that the money goes to a great cause.

Profile Picture Julia , 9/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I immediately fell in love with CWG the second we went to see it in person. The pictures really don't do it justice. It was awesome hearing from so many of our friends that they wish they got married there. I am incredibly happy we chose it as our venue and wouldn't have changed a thing. Bummer they can't have amplified music outside and the cut-off times are so early, but it's still worth it!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/7/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cator Woolford was a great wedding venue - they provided several rain plans and gave us a very flexible timeline for making last minute changes. They were easy to work with and pricing was straightforward. Don't let the initial pricetag scare you - this includes tables, chairs, ceremony site, rain locations, parking, signage and security. The gardens, lawn, pavilion, and atrium were the perfect setting for our "progressive wedding". There are some new sound ordinances in DeKalb County but this did not deter us from having a great time with excellent ambiance.

Profile Picture Kate , 8/3/13, 6 Reviews
4.7

The most gorgeous venue in the Atlanta area (and I would know....I looked at them ALL). Absolutely beautiful during every month that they are open for events (I have looked at photos and went multiple times in the year leading up to my wedding). Additionally it was a load off my mind to know that there was a plan (a good plan) in the event that my outdoor wedding got rained out. The only problem that I had was that the event end time was changed a couple of months before my event (the city altered some noise-based restriction), but the venue could have foreseen the change and did not notify me until they got the "final" word. Also it is kind of a bummer that you can't have amplified music outside (we had a band for the ceremony and the cocktail hour, but a DJ in the atrium for dancing), but they tell you right upfront about the noise restrictions due to the venue being in a residential area. The garden is beyond beautiful and your photos will be incredible (the stone staircase is AMAZING). I absolutely loved having my wedding here!!!

Profile Picture alina, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely adore this place and feel so lucky I was able to have my wedding here. It is truly an "enchanted garden." The staff was very easy to work with, especially Jenn Hawthorne. She was quick to respond to all my emails and gave tons of useful information. The only downside for brides now I would have to say is the noise restrictions. I was lucky to get in just before those were passed. However, I wouldn't let it stop you from using this beautiful venue!

Profile Picture User2202245, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and it was the perfect place for our wedding. I would definitely recommend it--great value!

Profile Picture User2830920, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Once we decided that we wanted an outdoor wedding in a lush garden at an affordable price, Cator Woolford Gardens became the obvious choice. My husband and I love to spend time outside and these English-style gardens are nestled in 39 acres of woodlands. Leasing the gardens serves as a fundraiser for the non-profit on the grounds – the Frazer Center – dedicated to helping children and adult with disabilities. The gardens are meticulously maintained and the staff is exceedingly helpful. The beautiful colonnade, Italian staircase, courtyard, patio, bridges, and bamboo groves all make for amazing photos, too. It was so nice to have our ceremony and reception all in one place with no hassle for guests. A private bath house, catering kitchen, and a permanent white tent add to the amenities. Another huge plus is that there is an atrium for a rain contingency – not something many other outdoor venues can offer. We had such a great wedding – we wish we could go back and live the night in the gardens all over again!

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/12/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My original venue fell through 2 weeks before my wedding! In a mad rush to find a new venue I stumbled across the amazing Cator Woolford Gardens. I am so glad that my original venue fell through! The staff are so warm and professional. They really made me feel so at ease with the whole process. The gardens are so gorgeous, like an enchanted secret garden. I did not have a wedding planner, the staff was so helpful on the day of. When I arrived all I had to do was set up cupcakes and get married. I even had a guest arrive late and one of their staff members was there to ensure that he was able to view the ceremony without disturbing us (he is kind of loud.) I could just go on and on....

Profile Picture Gail, 3/17/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Cator Woolford Gardens was a dream come true! I wanted an outdoor wedding with a tent and this venue has both! They do an excellent job at keeping the gardens beautiful and all our friend and family raved about how gorgeous our wedding was. Erin was very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. To me this is the best outdoor venue in Atlanta! I would highly recomend the gardens to friends and family!

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/29/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I visited the gardens the february before our october 2011 wedding. We immediately fell in love with it, even with all the flowers and greenery out of season. Erin was fabulous and was very responsive. She emailed us back very quickly when we had questions. We really wanted to be able to bring in our own alcohol, since it is so pricey everywhere else, and cator woolford allowed us to do that! The walkthrough we had 1 month out was awesome and allowed us to visualize and map out where everything was going to go. We loved having our ceremony and reception in one spot and the gardens are perfect for pictures. Not to mention our october wedding was PERFECT weather. Overall, we would highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a beautiful, upscale getaway in the heart of the city.

Profile Picture Tessa, 10/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was the PERFECT location and we got to work with the PERFECT team. Absolutely no bumps in the road and we had a gorgeous wedding with so many fantastic memories. One of the most beautiful, unique places in Atlanta, hands-down.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/1/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I knew we wanted an intimate, outdoor wedding and fell in love with the gardens as soon as we toured it. Erin Moore is a joy to work with and was responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. All of our guests were extremely impressed with the gardens and many have told us it was one of the prettiest weddings they've ever attended. Knowing that our venue fee went to such a wonderful organization only helped solidify our decision to go with CWG. They also allow you to bring in your own alcohol which definitely helped us save a few dollars! We truly could not have been happier with our venue decision and highly, highly recommend it for anyone looking for an intown, garden wedding.

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/25/11, 4 Reviews