Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley C. Married on 05/07/2022

Amazing venue!

We had a wonderful experience working with Musket Ridge. Viki was the most amazing event coordinator and was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. We highly recommend getting married at Musket Ridge!
    Caroline Married on 10/16/2021

Best wedding venue!

Musket ridge is by far the most beautiful and professional venue in the area! Susie and her staff surpassed my expectations for my dream wedding! They made it so easy! They made sure everything was in place, so all we had to do was show up and enjoy our day! They are also extremely flexible with the weather. They gave us extra time to decide in order to have our dream outdoor ceremony! Look no further, Musket Ridge is the one!!
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 10/15/2021

Perfect Fall Wedding!

We absolutely loved working with Musket Ridge! Everyone on the team is fantastic and helped make our day seamless and stress free! Susie is lovely and so helpful! We did our rehearsal dinner there and the food was amazing! Did I mention the stations were amazing too! We had so many stories from our guest about the pasta chef! Overall we wouldn’t have changed anything!
    Annie M. Married on 06/04/2021

An Absolutely Perfect Wedding Experience

Just had a fabulous wedding at Musket Ridge - everyone was so nice, attentive, and organized! Susie and the Musket team have weddings down to a science, where everything runs smoothly and care free. My wedding had rain in the forecast and for every frantic email or worry - Susie was there supporting and easing my worries. Luckily we were blessed with a beautiful day and no rain. When we had last minute RSVP issues and switches - there were no issues and Susie always got back to us in a timely manner. We did have a small problem where there was a mix up with our catering company and we were missing a birthday cake for my new sister in law - Susie contacted them and handled it perfectly. The cake arrived and the worry was gone.
    I cannot recommend Musket Ridge enough. Beyond the service, the food is amazing!! All of our guests were raving about everything - you can't go wrong with any choice. Musket Ridge is a beautiful, well kept venue that is perfect and picturesque for weddings.
    Holly Married on 05/13/2021

Rainy day at Musket Ridge

Susie and her staff were such a pleasure to work with! She made the wedding planning such a breeze for us. The food and aesthetics of the venue were such a hit with our guests- and largely why we chose Musket Ridge. Susie also did very well with keeping us updated on the local COVID guidelines and protocols. My husband and I could not have chosen a better venue to get married!! We only wish it hadn’t poured rain on our wedding day!
  • Abigail
    Abigail W. Married on 05/01/2021

Amazing Day

Cant begin to describe how amazing Susie and her team are at Catoctin Hall! Planning a wedding from out of town is definitely not an easy task and an inclusive venue was top on my list of "musts". From the time my husband and I stepped out of the car we were blown away by CH@MR. The ceremony space, reception hall, and views are gorgeous! Any request my husband and I had, they made happen. We didnt have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding. Not even getting our own drinks! Susie's attention to detail is SPOT ON and her flexibility to accommodate last minute requests was fantastic. We had an absolutely beautiful day to go along with the beautiful grounds at CH@MR. The food was amazing and all of our guests raved about their meals and the ample portion sizes. The night flowed so smoothly and my husband and I were able to enjoy the night with our guests.
  • Caris
    Caris R. Married on 03/27/2021

Absolutely Perfect

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Musket Ridge! Not only are the mountain views stunningly beautiful, but the food was absolutely amazing (and we had tons of it)! The staff was so incredibly kind and beyond helpful! From last minute hemming of dresses, to coordinating fireworks, to sending us home with extra meals to enjoy later that night, they made sure that every part of our day was absolutely perfect! Thank you!

*Photo Credit: Emerald Stone Photography
  • Mary
    Mary J. Married on 10/04/2020

The Perfect Place for a Wedding

My fiance and I visited several local venues for our wedding. The moment we walked into this venue, we knew this was the perfect place for our wedding. The wedding coordinator, Susie, outdid herself. Everything from the food, ceremony space, and reception room was Perfect.
  • Coleen
    Coleen B. Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Experience

Musket Ridge was the only venue that I visited when planning our wedding. I knew from the moment that I set foot in the grounds and met with the staff that this was who I wanted to work with, and we were not disappointed. If you're looking for a venue that will take care of EVERYTHING for you on your wedding day, with amazing views, look no further!
  • Lori
    Lori Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing venue for a wedding

Musket Ridge blew our expectations for a wedding! From the moment my husband and I stepped foot into the venue, we knew this was where we wanted to have our dream wedding. The views are stunning and the outdoor ceremony site and the ballroom are just as beautiful. We had a long engagement, and book pretty early on. Susie was great the entire time! So accommodating with our requests and just an overall pleasure to work with. On the day of, Susie and Vicki were great at keeping us on time and making sure the day ran smoothly. The food and drinks were fantastic and the staff was great. You cannot go wrong with booking this venue!
    Christine D. Married on 06/08/2019

Best wedding venue ever!

When our daughter got engaged we made a list of venues to look at. Musket Ridge was our 1st and last stop. Catoctin Hall checked all our boxes and we fell in love and didn’t want to look anywhere else. The ceremony spot is beautiful and covered patio is a perfect cocktail hour space. Stepping into Catoctin Hall is just breathtaking and the views from the huge windows is stunning. Susie was our coordinator and took such great care of us the whole time. For over a year she guided and advised us in planning my daughters special day. Thank you to Susie and everyone at Musket Ridge for giving my daughter the wedding of her dreams.
    Christie Married on 05/24/2019

Love Musket Ridge!

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Musket Ridge! The day was so perfect. The staff was very helpful, the venue is beautiful, food is delicious! I am so glad we found this gem!
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Married on 10/07/2018

Phenomenal Experience

Musket Ridge Golf Club is a picturesque venue. Our guests commented on the beautiful scenery. Bonnie Swanson, the events sales manager, was very polite and responsive. She outlined the various packages that were available and informed us of military discounts based on my spouse's eligibility. Susie Chalk was our event coordinator and a pleasure to work alongside. She was very flexible and open to our ideas. Also, she was very responsive, transparent and did a phenomenal job. The ceremony and reception setting was beautiful. Susie ensured that I remained stress-free as possible and took care of any hiccups. My spouse and I are very happy with the service provided by the staff throughout the wedding process. I wished had more pictures on my personal phone to truly show what a beautiful evening it was!
    Carly Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue!

My husband and I recently got married at Musket Ridge and had an amazing experience there. From starting out with Bonnie, to working with Susie along the way, every piece of the planning and day went so smoothly and it is all thanks to Musket Ridge and its wonderful staff! Susie is the absolute best and made me feel at ease with what could have been a stressful process, but wasn't thanks to her wonderful planning and communication with everything leading up to the wedding and throughout the wedding day. We fell in love with Musket Ridge the minute that we got there and saw the beautiful scenic views, and truly couldn't have asked for a better experience or wedding day!
    Jamie K. Married on 10/05/2018

A Phenomenal Experience!

Our youngest daughter was married on 10/5/18; the 4th of our 4 children to be married in 4 years! From the moment we met with Bonnie, the sales manager, we all fell in love with the beautiful scenery and venue at Musket Ridge. Bonnie was super sweet, answered all of our questions and convinced my daughter, her fiancé, my husband and I that this was the venue we wanted. From there, we were turned over to Susie......Wow....no words to express Susie's professionalism, kindness, flexibility and love of her job as the event coordinator. Susie met with us several times throughout the planning process, making sure, each time, that things were just as we desired. Susie even decided she would work on the day of our daughter's wedding......the same date as her own wedding anniversary! There are just not enough words to describe and reiterate how well Susie and her team worked to assure that our daughter's wedding was perfect. From start to finish, everything was outstanding and exactly how we wanted things to be. From Sandy, who we met several times in visiting Musket Ridge, to Bev, who was our daughter's "day of" attendant......they did an outstanding job. You will not be disappointed to have a wedding here.......We loved everything about Musket Ridge and this could not have been a better place for our last wedding event!
    Katie Married on 06/09/2018
    I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Musket Ridge. Deciding to have our wedding here was hands down the best decision we made during our wedding planning experience. From the breathtaking mountain views to the elegant banquet facility, this venue had had everything we could ever imagine and so much more.

As soon as you step foot on site you will be blown away by the beauty of this location, although that is not the only thing you will be blown away by. The staff at Musket Ridge were absolutely amazing, and our day wouldn't have been complete without their unwavering commitment to us, throughout the entire process. Bonnie Swanson (Event Sales Manager) and Susie Chalk (Event Coordinator) are two people that every bride should want by their side, when planning their special day. From booking with Bonnie to working with Susie on every last detail, their professionalism and keen sense of wedding planning, made the entire process simply wonderful. We didn't have to worry about a thing, Susie and her staff knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not only did Susie meet with us on multiple occasions, but her and her staff took care of EVERYTHING the day of, allowing us to simply enjoy our day, from beginning to end!

Musket Ridge provided us with a dream wedding. It was a dream for not only us, but everyone that was there to help celebrate our special day. We have received endless amounts of compliments from our guests about how amazing the day was. Everyone is raving about the breathtaking location, the absolutely delicious food, friendly staff, and so much more!

If are hoping to have a dream wedding, look no further than Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge!
    Kelly Married on 05/26/2018
    I can’t say enough good things about Musket Ridge. The venue is beautiful and both Susie and Bonnie were a pleasure to work with. They were both very professional and were extremely responsive to any questions we had via both emails and phone calls. Susie went above and beyond to help make sure our day was coordinated and flowed smoothly. If any minor hiccups arose, they were gracefully handled—usually without us knowing they even happened! All of the food we had at the venue during our tastings and wedding was delicious and the menu was very creative. The day of the wedding I had a bridal attendant (Bev) who helped make sure I was taken care of if I needed anything from a glass of water to setting aside some of the wonderful appetizers we selected for our guests. Musket Ridge helped make our wedding day the most memorable experience ever and I highly recommend them to any bridal couple!
    Jehan Married on 04/14/2018
    Susie and her staff made sure my day was perfect! Everyone is very professional and worked with us through every concern.
    Amy Married on 11/05/2017
    Musket Ridge was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception in November 2017. From booking with Bonnie to working with Susie throughout the planning process and then the staff onsite, everything was wonderful! Susie was there with us every step of the way, including figuring out the last minute rain plan and stayed with us most of the evening. The staff was incredible and very accommodating. A definite plus is also the bridal attendant who is dedicated to the bride and groom, she made sure we ate and had drinks/anything else we needed throughout the night. The venue is beautiful, even in the rain (the rain plan is just as beautiful!), and Susie and her team made sure we were well taken care of throughout the entire process. Kudos to a super easy & stress-free wedding!
    Kristin Married on 10/13/2017
    We had an amazing planning and wedding experience at Musket Ridge. Susie kept things on track throughout the entire year leading up to our wedding and made sure that every detail was addressed. I went into my wedding day confident that everything would run smoothly, and it did. The entire staff at Catoctin were helpful and flexible in allowing me to bring decorations to the venue earlier in the week prior to our wedding and working with me to deliver my flower arrangements the morning of the wedding. Amidst the excitement and craziness of the wedding day itself, Susie checked in with Brett and I often and kept our schedule on track. Our guests raved about how beautiful the ceremony location was, the service, the food, and how organized and effortless the whole event was. Possibly the only thing they complimented more was the cook at the Italian Action Station! A HUGE hit with us and our guests. We couldn’t be happier with our experience at Musket Ridge and our decision to get married there! HIGHLY recommend!
    Kelly Married on 09/23/2017
    I absolutely loved my wedding at Musket Ridge and the process was very easy and well planned. Susie, the wedding coordinator, was amazing and went over every detail about the wedding. She asked about things that I didn't even think to think about, which was great. There was another event going on that same day and they did an amazing job flipping the room and having everything ready for my reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful, all the pictures I have seen look amazing, especially during the sunset. We received so many compliments on the venue and the food. We also had a bridal attendant who made the day go by so much easier. She was very attentive to get my husband and I more drinks and food, and even held my dad's cell phone for him before we walked down the aisle. I didn't need to worry about anything. The venue has done so many weddings, so they have everything down pact. I would also highly recommend their typical vendors who are very familiar with the venue. We had Shaun Campbell and Bill Izer for our photographer and DJ and they both did excellent jobs.
    Christina Married on 05/27/2017
    Having my wedding at Musket Ridge was like a dream! I always had every question asked without hesitation, and the staff was professional and effective. The food was amazing and we had several guests go out of their was to compliment us on the food. The venue and the outstanding views speak for themselves. Could not be happier!
    Amanda Married on 11/12/2016
    I got married here 11/12/16 had my reception and rehersal dinner here as well and everything was absolutely amazing. Rehersal dinner went so smooth and the staff set it up so beautifully. When it came to the day of the wedding Susie, my bridal attendant and other staff made sure my day was absolutely perfect. We used the bridal suite in the morning and they had set up breakfast for us which was delicious. I had no worries on the day of my wedding, Susie and her staff took care of all of my concerns. The food was amazingly delicious and my reception was a blast. Musket Ridge is very affordable and even gave us a military discount. I would recommend them to any couple looking for a beautiful venue!!!
    Caitlin Married on 10/16/2016
    I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Musket Ridge. We had our wedding here on 10/16/16, and Susie was in constant contact, making sure everything was perfect for our big day. Especially on the day of, she made sure I had nothing to worry about, and any last minute emergencies were taken care of without me even really knowing about them. The staff were so kind, attentive, and helpful, the food was AMAZING (seriously, you've never had better wedding fare), and the venue's location will offer you the most spectacular wedding photos. One of the things I liked best about Musket Ridge is that they take care of the linens, food, alcohol, and even the basic decorations for you. If you're a non-creative bride like me, this is the place for you. Susie will guide you through the entire process, and the venue is so gorgeous you really don't need a whole lot of additional decorations or flowers. Also, this is one of the most affordable venues in the area -- especially if you can have your wedding on a Friday or Sunday. And if you're military, you get a discount on certain items, which really helped us out. Book your wedding here now -- I promise you won't be disappointed!