105 Reviews for Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge

Covered Outdoor (6)
Indoor (5)
Outside Cake (3)
105 Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge Reviews

Musket Ridge was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception in November 2017. From booking with Bonnie to working with Susie throughout the planning process and then the staff onsite, everything was wonderful! Susie was there with us every step of the way, including figuring out the last minute rain plan and stayed with us most of the evening. The staff was incredible and very accommodating. A definite plus is also the bridal attendant who is dedicated to the bride and groom, she made sure we ate and had drinks/anything else we needed throughout the night. The venue is beautiful, even in the rain (the rain plan is just as beautiful!), and Susie and her team made sure we were well taken care of throughout the entire process. Kudos to a super easy & stress-free wedding!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/5/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

We had an amazing planning and wedding experience at Musket Ridge. Susie kept things on track throughout the entire year leading up to our wedding and made sure that every detail was addressed. I went into my wedding day confident that everything would run smoothly, and it did. The entire staff at Catoctin were helpful and flexible in allowing me to bring decorations to the venue earlier in the week prior to our wedding and working with me to deliver my flower arrangements the morning of the wedding. Amidst the excitement and craziness of the wedding day itself, Susie checked in with Brett and I often and kept our schedule on track. Our guests raved about how beautiful the ceremony location was, the service, the food, and how organized and effortless the whole event was. Possibly the only thing they complimented more was the cook at the Italian Action Station! A HUGE hit with us and our guests. We couldn’t be happier with our experience at Musket Ridge and our decision to get married there! HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/13/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Linens

I absolutely loved my wedding at Musket Ridge and the process was very easy and well planned. Susie, the wedding coordinator, was amazing and went over every detail about the wedding. She asked about things that I didn't even think to think about, which was great. There was another event going on that same day and they did an amazing job flipping the room and having everything ready for my reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful, all the pictures I have seen look amazing, especially during the sunset. We received so many compliments on the venue and the food. We also had a bridal attendant who made the day go by so much easier. She was very attentive to get my husband and I more drinks and food, and even held my dad's cell phone for him before we walked down the aisle. I didn't need to worry about anything. The venue has done so many weddings, so they have everything down pact. I would also highly recommend their typical vendors who are very familiar with the venue. We had Shaun Campbell and Bill Izer for our photographer and DJ and they both did excellent jobs.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my wedding at Musket Ridge was like a dream! I always had every question asked without hesitation, and the staff was professional and effective. The food was amazing and we had several guests go out of their was to compliment us on the food. The venue and the outstanding views speak for themselves. Could not be happier!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

I got married here 11/12/16 had my reception and rehersal dinner here as well and everything was absolutely amazing. Rehersal dinner went so smooth and the staff set it up so beautifully. When it came to the day of the wedding Susie, my bridal attendant and other staff made sure my day was absolutely perfect. We used the bridal suite in the morning and they had set up breakfast for us which was delicious. I had no worries on the day of my wedding, Susie and her staff took care of all of my concerns. The food was amazingly delicious and my reception was a blast. Musket Ridge is very affordable and even gave us a military discount. I would recommend them to any couple looking for a beautiful venue!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/12/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Musket Ridge. We had our wedding here on 10/16/16, and Susie was in constant contact, making sure everything was perfect for our big day. Especially on the day of, she made sure I had nothing to worry about, and any last minute emergencies were taken care of without me even really knowing about them. The staff were so kind, attentive, and helpful, the food was AMAZING (seriously, you've never had better wedding fare), and the venue's location will offer you the most spectacular wedding photos. One of the things I liked best about Musket Ridge is that they take care of the linens, food, alcohol, and even the basic decorations for you. If you're a non-creative bride like me, this is the place for you. Susie will guide you through the entire process, and the venue is so gorgeous you really don't need a whole lot of additional decorations or flowers. Also, this is one of the most affordable venues in the area -- especially if you can have your wedding on a Friday or Sunday. And if you're military, you get a discount on certain items, which really helped us out. Book your wedding here now -- I promise you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, Event Planning, Linens

Musket Ridge is beyond the best! Susie answered every small and big question very quickly, and made me feel very relaxed going into the wedding day, which I am so thankful for. Julia was our coordinator day of and she made me everything flow perfectly, checked with us if we needed anything throughout the night. She set everything up perfectly! The food was amazing. We had the filet and the spinach and cheese stuffed chicken. Majority of our guests got the filet (76 out of 100) and everyone said that it was the best filet they'd ever had. My husband and I practically inhaled our food and we were sent home with extra food as well, which was great when we got back that night. Everyone loved the views and the atmosphere. I literally could not have asked for a better day.

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/8/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Linens, Event Planning

After searching through venues in Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, my husband and I did not think we were going to find anything that would fit what I was envisioning. We were able to settle with another venue when I found Musket Ridge. As soon as we walked through the doors to their patio, I was wowed. I wanted an outdoor wedding and the views were stunning. We signed a contract with them on that day. Susie was our venue coordinator and she was exceptional. She was extremely helpful and organized. They were always prompt in their responses, which was fantastic when I was having some bridal panic moments. The food was delicious and there were so many different food options. I received so many compliments from guest and everyone loved the location. It was an amazing day and I could not be more pleased with my choice to have it at Musket Ridge.

Profile Picture Taylor, 8/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was by far the best venue I have ever seen or been too! Between Susie and Bonnie, these two ladies were great and made my wedding day turn out absolutely perfect! I was not stressed one bit that day! All of our guests kept raving about the place, the food, and outside, etc. I have never heard so many compliments on so many different things in one place! I highly recommend this vendor, between the staff & people you get to work with, and the venue its self is so gorgeous, you cant go wrong!!

Profile Picture Callie, 6/10/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Outside Cake

From the first day we met them Susie, Bonnie and the rest of the staff at Musket Ridge did everything they could to make our wedding day, the day of our dreams. Not only did Susie spend countless hours consulting with us, answering our questions, and working to meet every request but she spent the day of our wedding working with all of our vendors to make sure that everything happened without a problem. She far exceeded any of our expectations, as did the rest of her staff.

Despite a rainy day and a need to move to our second choice of a ceremony location, our day went off on schedule and just as we could have imagined. If you are looking for a wedding venue with a staff that will meet all of your needs (and exceed all of your expectations), a view for your ceremony unmatched by any in Maryland or Virginia, and a reception hall that without much effort will provide all the warmth and beauty you could ever ask for to celebrate your wedding with all of your friends and family then Catoctin Hall and the Musket Ridge Golf Club are the perfect choice. If you have your wedding anywhere else, you will be missing out on all that Musket Ridge and its top notch staff can do to make your wedding day the day of your dreams.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Event Planning

We recently had our Wedding at Musket Ridge, the entire staff went above and beyond our expectations!
My wife's Grandmother had an issue with her dress being too big on the day of the wedding and the bridal coordinator helped to stitch it together before the ceremony. Another guest was very impressed when a member of the Musket Ridge team helped her not only out of the golf cart but also walked her up the stairs to the reception hall without her asking.
We also received numerous compliments from the guests about the quality of the food and the professionalism of the chef's at the stations.
Bonnie and Susie were great not only leading up to the wedding, helping with all of the details, but Susie also brought us food to the table so that we would have a chance to eat during the reception!

Profile Picture Michael, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Outside Cake

Chris and I can't say enough about how amazing and wonderful everything was at Musket Ridge for our Reception venue. From the first day we met with Bonnie to the minute we walked in the door to our reception everything was just perfect! Bonnie and Susie we great to work with, so accommodating and reassuring during the whole planning process. Catoctin Hall looked amazing and was set up exactly how I have envisioned everything to be. Heather was my bridal attendant for the evening and she made sure Chris and I had anything and everything we would needed, she was amazing!! Even a month later, our guest are still complimenting how great the food was and that is was the BEST wedding food they have EVER had!! If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing...Musket Ridge made our special day everything we had hoped for and more.

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Linens

We just had our wedding at Musket Ridge 2 weeks ago and the big day met every single expectation I had and then some. I cannot think of one thing i would have changed to make the day better. It was absolutely amazing and I have to give Susie and her staff a big "Thank you" shout out. Susie was so extremely helpful throughout the process, she knows exactly what she's doing and will certainly help make your vision come to life. My husband and I were tended to all day no questions asked. Kyle did an AMAZING job with the food, our guests were raving about our app/dinner choices. It was a no brainer for us when we saw the venue and the views, there isn't much convincing needed. The entire day went off without a hitch. If you are on the fence (i'm not sure anyone would ever be once they see what Musket has to offer) I can tell you, you won't regret it!!!!

Profile Picture Kadie, 8/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding on a Friday evening. We couldn't be happier!! The service was amazing from day one. The whole staff is very detail oriented and the communication was very efficient. The food is SO GOOD, we had salmon and filet mignon the day of the wedding, we had so many complements. The coordinator run the whole night on time, they handled our crazy loud family with no problems. There is always so much stress in a wedding, it was amazing to have the staff handling ALL the vendors, directing people and they also had a person assigned to the bride in case I wanted anything to eat or drink.
Susie was our venue coordinator, she was able to recommend very well known vendors and we felt good and confident every time we met with her. She has been doing this for a long time and you can tell by the first time you meet her.
The venue itself is beautiful! Our wedding was 160 people and everyone had space, the views were amazing and the bar inside and outside very helpful. All of our friends and family said they have never been to a wedding so beautiful with amazing food and such a great service. I wish I could get married here all over again!

Profile Picture User4133528, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Musket Ridge is phenomenal. I searched for months before finally finding Musket Ridge and from the moment I first visited I knew it would be where my now-husband and I would be married. My husband and I are both in the military and were happy to find that Musket Ridge is so appreciative of military service and is very welcoming to military couples.
The views are breath-taking. All of the online pictures of married couples on their wedding day at Musket Ridge will come to life when you take your own there. Every photo turned out just as perfect as the ones I had hoped mine would look like at the venue.
Musket Ridge's service is unbeatable. The on-site wedding coordinator worked tirelessly to make our day just as we envisioned. The food is absolutely delicious. It was the best venue I could have asked for- a dream come true!

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were married here recently and are still receiving comments about how beautiful and well done everything was. It rained every day leading up to the wedding, but as the ceremony began we had a wonderful blue sky. Musket Ridge is a beautiful venue, I knew I wanted to get married there the moment I saw it. The staff is fabulous. There is a Coordinator who you meet early in the process and that person is there for you as questions arise along the way and also helps you select certain items (napkins, chair sashes, etc) when that time comes. Bonnie, the event sales manager, stepped in about 2 months before our wedding because they had a change in staffing. She was fabulous, calmed all my fears, and was responsive to me always. The food was so delicious, a lot of people have remarked about how well their filets were cooked, vegetables seasoned perfectly. The scenery and sunset really blew guests away. People have said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to. You get a level of service and peace of mind that is worth the money. Thank you for making our dream wedding come true!!

Profile Picture Maureen, 6/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge is not only breathtakingly beautiful, it's also home to some of the most wonderful wedding staff we've encountered during this process. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing our wedding day was, and we owe it all to Bonnie and her "dream team." Their patience, guidance and all around awesomeness are responsible for putting on a wedding that people still rave about to this day.

The facility is something you would see in a painting; even our photographer was impressed and she's been to tons of wedding venues in the area! And right on par with the fabulous scenery is the food that people swear is the best wedding food they've ever had. Not only was the food delectable, but the people working the stations and clearing tables were equally as wonderful. Every single person from the wait staff to the event coordinators wore a genuine smile and wanted to make sure everyone was taken care of. I could not have dreamed of anything better. Musket Ridge exceeded our expectations in every category. I wish I had another reason to host a party there; you won't find a better place or better people to share your special day.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding back in May and couldn't have been happier to have our reception at Musket Ridge. First off, the location was great and with the perfect weather we had an amazing view that all of our guests loved. Second, the staff was very quick with bringing out the food and helped us with everything throughout the night. The food was also excellent and we received many compliments on it from all of our guests.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/23/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married on May 2nd at Musket Ridge and our wedding was more than we could have ever imagined! Musket Ridge has a stunning view of the mountain range and the sunset for any evening wedding. We had an outdoor ceremony at the pergola, cocktail hour on the patio and reception in the Catoctin Hall. Catoctin Hall is beautiful, the food is amazing!! and the staff was excellent to work with. Our wedding coordinator even changed a few weeks before our wedding but we were always confident we were in good hands. Bonnie Swanson is a true professional and a pleasure to work with and Susie Chalk is a wonderful addition to Musket Ridge. We fell in love with this venue and never regretted our decision one time during the planning process. We highly recommend Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge for any wedding or event!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/2/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bonnie and Chelsea were so magnificent throughout the whole process. We were lucky enough to find this place and plan the whole wedding in 4 months. It can definitely be done! We were looking at other venues, but we just fell in love with Musket Ridge and there was no other choice for us. The venue is beautiful and very well organized. Our guests had a wonderful time and for months afterward, they commented on how great everything was and how well taken care of they felt during the cocktail hour specifically. The reception room is spacious with great views and we felt so well taken care of throughout the whole day. Minimizing the number of vendors to work with definitely took some of the pressure off me and even then, the packages they offer do not make you feel like they are nickel-and-dime-ing you along the way. We were very happy with the value of the place and the service.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 10/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Honestly, from the 1st time I stepped into Musket Ridge I knew that it was meant to be. From beginning to end it was the best most beautiful experience for myself, my now husband, friends & family. The scenary and venue alone are so incredibly beautiful and well maintained. Bonnie was fantastic in customizing what we wanted for our big day. The pricing was very reasonable and again flexible depending on what you may or may not want in your package. Chelsea our coordinator was quick to respond, knowledgable, organized and very helpful with my constant questions. She handled the entire rehearsal which was great because I had no idea. She handled almost everything on our wedding day including most decorations. I received glowing reviews on the food, signature cocktail and customer service from our guests. When we had our tasting, the food was good, we had a few critiques. But the day of, it was outstanding! The entire staff was very accommodating and helpful. I have nothing but glowing reviews about Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge.

Profile Picture User4491268, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Musket Ridge this past August 2nd and what a WONDERFUL experience it was! The whole experience at Musket Ridge was a dream from the very beginning when we booked our date until the end. Chelsea was amazing to work with and paid attention to every detail we wanted. She was so easy to get along with and really wants your day to be the best. The prices were also reasonable and deserving of the view, food, and service. We have had countless guests tell us how amazing the food was, the location, etc. We got lucky with the weather and had a beautiful ceremony outside and our guests utilized the open patio area. Dinner was amazing- we had filet mignon and the stuffed shrimp. You will not be disappointed. Everything was handled so smoothly the day of the wedding and I got a chance to just relax with my bridal party without worrying about all the details. You will not be disappointed with Musket Ridge. We wish we could do it all over again!!

Profile Picture Angela, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were just married this past Saturday, and had our reception at Musket Ridge...I cannot begin to say how PERFECT everything went!! We had a large group of guests and were trying to find a classy place with excellent food to provide for everyone, and we were blown away with all that the day had to offer.

From the prep days and tastings to meetings and communication with Janice, Bonnie, and everyone else at Musket Ridge, we truly felt like they had our best interest in mind. Every time we would email them with a question, a response was received within 24 hours.

All of the work leading up to our big day doesn't even scrape the surface of how FABULOUS we felt on our wedding day!!! We had compliments from beginning to end from even some of our toughest critics about the food, location, views, staff and decorations! One thing we kept emphasizing when we were decorating was it really didn't even need much and it was still so stunning!! A few flowers here and there and all was set!!

At the end of the night, which came way too fast, hugging the staff goodbye was so special because you could tell they all worked so hard to make our day perfect, and they succeeded above and beyond any of our expectations.

If I could, I would come here all the time for weddings! We had our family and friends by our side, and we had the perfect location to celebrate our day. We cannot begin to thank everyone, and can only say that if you are looking for a beautiful location and want to be treated like gold, this is the place for you and your wedding :)

Thank you to everyone at Musket Ridge!!!

Love - the new Mr. and Mrs.

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter was married July 5, 2014 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Hagerstown, MD to John Thomas "JT" Rouillard. The reception was held at Musket Ridge and I don't think words could describe how perfect everything was. The staff is so professional and made us feel like they would do anything they could to make the day perfect. The food was spectacular! So many couples told JT & Jillian that the reception shouldn't last too long because "you will be so tired". The only complaint everyone, especially the new husband and wife could make was that they didn't want the evening to end! The views are so incredible and the facility couldn't have been more beautiful!
I would recommend Catoctin Hall at Musket Ridge to anyone! Just visit and you will see what a spectacular place it is to have your wedding!

Profile Picture Theresa, 7/5/14, 2 Reviews