Catering by the Family Reviews

110 Reviews for Catering by the Family

• HessCorona

Adrianna · Married on 11/18/2018

One word- Delicious!

Steve was very helpful during the process. He gave us exactly what we wanted for food and it was so delicious. We had southern style food and everyone was extremely satisfied with the appetizers and dinner. His staff was very professional and on top of everything during the wedding. I would highly recommend using this company.

Nathalie · Married on 11/18/2018

Always a Great Experience

I have used Catering by the Family for many events and could not be happier. Every time the experience has been fantastic. From booking to the day of the event everyone is always so friendly and incredibly helpful. They always go above and beyond to make sure everything goes smooth and always take the time to help clean up after the event. The food is fantastic and the salad dressing is absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend Catering by the Family.

• Carlee

Carlee · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious Food

I am honestly counting down the days until the wedding so I can stuff my face with all of their amazing food! Oh...and to marry my true love of course! ;)

CBTF is extremely professional, helpful, and talented. Amazing food, amazing choices, they will make our wedding this November complete!

Misty Winter · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellence for your special day! Peace of mind guaranteed.

Have used Catering by the Family for large events as well as more intimate gatherings. Always a five star experience. Steve and his entire staff are always most courteous, efficient and professional. Erika in sales is the best!!! Communication is a huge plus ensuring expectations are surpassed. The food has always received high reviews from my guests. Not your typical caterer. Prices are very reasonable for such quality all the way around. Delighted to have Catering By the Family as my go to for my events!

• Jen

Jen Victor · Married on 10/06/2018

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Wonderful experience all around.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND Catering By The Family if you're looking for a caterer that will far exceed your expectations. My husband and I worked with Sandy, and she made our entire experience with Catering By The Family so smooth and stress free! Not only did the customer service from Sandy and the Catering by The Family team exceed our expectations, but the food was spectacular! We still have friends and family telling us how amazing the food was at our wedding! For any events that my husband and I need a caterer for, we will definitely use Catering By The Family!

Dianna · Married on 05/12/2018

Jean and her team went above and beyond all expectations. Being an out of state bride Jean was super flexible to meet when I could and take every call that I had. They worked with my to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted. I also couldn't be more grateful the team on site the day of the wedding. They were super efficient and checked in to make sure my husband and I were taken care of at all times!

Gay Lynn · Married on 03/10/2018

We used Catering By The Family for our daughters wedding recently. I can not say or write enough good things about the experience. But I will attempt to share a few of the highlights. This company although not as expensive as others delivers an event to rival any caterer in the Tampa Bay area and I would argue BEATS THEM ALL!
    Our 200 plus guest could not say enough good things about the food, the bar, wedding cake and service. We choose to have a family style meal instead of a buffet or platted meals. Although we received many declines from other caterers this company not only agreed to do it but they nailed it so much that it made the wedding perfect. The food was delicious, served hot and the staff was professional and incredibly friendly to the point guest specifically commented to us about it.
    From the tasting to the finish product Mr. Gonzalez, Erica and staff were wonderful. Lastly and most importantly we must recognize Stevie Gonzalez who hands down makes the best SHRIMP & GRITS, braised short ribs in the entire Tampa Bay area! This young man is so talented and the Gonzalez family is so fortunate to have that talent in its next generation to carry on its outstanding quality and service.
    Thank you to each person who was involved in making our daughters wedding one in which everyone whom attended said "the best wedding we've ever been to". Without you this would not have been true!
    Family - leaves a place in our heart which we never forget. We will never forget your families contribution to ours.
    Love,
    The Love's 2018

Kim · Married on 02/10/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Catering by the family! Sandra worked with us to create a custom menu that suited our wedding perfectly. The tasting was a great experience with a lot of great conversation and definitely some flexibility with our requests. Our wedding day was wonderful! Everyone raved about the food, and everyone with a special request was accommodated without an issue. The staff was truly professional and our guests complimented our caterer many times - highly recommended!

Katherine · Married on 11/11/2017

Catering by the Family did an absolutely amazing job at my wedding. As soon as we went to the tasting I was in love. The food was so incredibly good. Then Sandy pitched the idea of a mac and cheese bar and I was sold. I wish I had gotten to eat more food at the wedding (it was all a blur!) but every single bite I had was heaven. I'm really hungry just thinking about it.

Nicole · Married on 01/21/2017

We booked Catering by the Family after having issues with tastings. We would go to “group” or “event” tasting where we would sample food, but none of it was what we wanted. We were told we wouldn’t be able to taste what would be served at our wedding as what we wanted was not offered at the group tastings or events. We wanted Cuban or Spanish style food to fit our theme of Gasparilla and have local cuisine. It was very important to us to taste the food we would be paying for and having at our wedding so we did not want to book with a company where we didn’t taste the food. Juan had assured us we could try some of the food at our tasting. When we arrived, we were the only people there, which amazing because at group tastings we couldn’t find anyone to talk to and things got overwhelming. A table was set up in our colors just for us and Juan. I didn’t even tell him what our colors were; he just went with our theme. The settings were perfect. When it came time to do our tasting, so much food was brought out that we got to try all the Spanish food they had to offer. Everything tasted amazing. We booked right then and there. During year we emailed back and forth. Email replies were a little slow, which had me a little concerned. When it came to the wedding day, everything was perfect. Juan came out and greeted us, which I was so thankful for. That one small gesture meant a lot! I got so many people telling me the food was amazing and the wait staff and bartenders were so nice and wonderful! I even had a waiter come to us with plates with all the food offered at the buffet. Everything tasted above and beyond and for the price you can’t beat it! We highly recommend them!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/17/2016

Food was great, service was great, I would highly recommend catering by the family! Tampa tenderloin was my favorite part of the dinner.

Linda · Married on 10/15/2016

We had an 80th Birthday party for my Mother in Law. We served a buffet called "The Kings Table." There were approximately 60 guests. Although this was not a wedding, it was a mid-sized event/party. The food was incredible. We had a manned carving station with Tenderloin, fruits, hot and cold dips, chicken with a saffron sauce, tuna wontons, chocolate fondue, etc. The seasoning and sauces provided were excellent. Oma and Rene were our servers and they were very prepared and eager to make the party successful. They made set-up and tear down painless. They were very polite with all the guests. They never allowed any foods to run out. The visual appeal of the tables and set up was very professionally done. The guests constantly requested the name of the caterer. We didn't have one hiccup and "Sandy" was the person who I worked with initially. She was quick to make suggestions based on the information I gave her. She was also quick to provide a quote and followed up. I live in another state and I was hesitant to commit to a caterer, but the quality of food, assistance and servers were so much better than expected. My family owned a restaurant for more than 25 years and I don't give compliments unless they are earned. I don't know anyone here personally before doing business last weekend, so I have no vested interest in making a false claim. I just felt compelled to share our delight with the service and quality we received. I would highly recommend Catering by the Family for a wedding, party or any special event. Our 80 year old Nana was thrilled with who we chose.

Brooke · Married on 04/23/2016

Juan at Catering by the Family was absolutely amazing! I had searched several places and Catering by the Family was actually the most affordable, but you would never guess from the responsiveness and quality we received for our wedding. The initial tasting was spectacular and we even got to take the rest of the food home with us! It was so good! Catering by the Family provided all the food, napkins, and linens for the wedding. We were extremely impressed. Even some of our hard to please guests, LOVED the food! We also opted for the smores bar which was a huge hit. Be sure to check out catering by the family, and ask for Juan. You will not be dissappointed. :)

• User6632054 · 2+ years ago

They were accommodating to my budget and everyone loved the food.

Working with CBTF was amazing! I can't say enough good things! They were super professional and the food was delish! We had an almost 300 person wedding at a venue that was not easy to cater in and they made it look easy! Sandy was the person who we worked with and she was so great! I cannot thank her enough! She went above and beyond for us and everything was perfect! They also did our cake and mini dessert bar. I was stunned at how great it all looked! Everything was delicious and our guests have not stopped telling us how great the food and dessert were! They even threw in a complementary champagne toast which was so sweet! Their pricing was great! Sandy, thank you for making my wedding day so special!

Jill · Married on 04/01/2016

Juan C. was awesome to work with and offered great guidance. Servers were attentive and Juan was there (even though he had another event later that evening and thought he wouldn't be able to make it). Absolutely everything about working with them was a breeze, and the food was delicious!

Melissa · Married on 02/06/2016

We chose Catering by the Family to cater our wedding, and it was an excellent choice. The plated meals were beautifully done and the food was great. In fact, we had their food again at another wedding after ours, which only confirmed how great the food is! On your wedding day, everything can fly by so fast so it was hard to stop and truly enjoy very bite of food. We were so grateful to be able to enjoy their food again on a day that we weren’t the center of attention. We also chose to have them do our cake as well, and it was not only gorgeous, but very tasty as well. Sandy Thiebe was so very accessible and helpful throughout the process as well. We are so glad we chose Catering by the Family for our wedding. We highly recommend this vendor.

Brittnee · Married on 10/18/2015

We used Catering by the Family for our wedding reception on October 18th and it was absolutely perfect! The food was excellent! The desserts were amazing and they set everything up perfect! The smores bar and chocolate fountain blew it out of the water! I will be sure to recommend them to anyone who needs catering in the future and will use them myself again! Thank you again!

Let me start out by saying that the food at CBTF was phenomenal! I read reviews and they were mixed about whether or not the quality of the food was good. We had the buffet with the pasta and carving station, sauteed chicken, green beans and red potatoes. So many people came up to us to express how fantastic the food tasted. Would highly recommend CBTF!!!!!

I heard about this company through a friend. I had been searching for a caterer for awhile and just couldn't find one I liked enough to book. We met with Steve about a year before our wedding. The meeting couldn't have gone better! My fiance (now husband), mom and I immediately liked him. We were invited to come to a tasting event and couldn't have been happier. The process of booking was easy. Steve answered all of my questions and responded quickly to email. We used food and bar services from CBTF and couldn't have had a better time. The amount spent and the quality were definitely perfect and in line with one another. The manager for our wedding made sure my husband and I were set with everything we needed and the additional staff were very helpful throughout our wedding night. Everything was such a blur but whoever our event manager was, he was amazing and my husband, mom and I would definitely recommend him! The entire process from quotes to booking to the actual wedding event went flawlessly. Steve helped us through every step and really made me feel confident in our decision. Steve and his staff do an amazing job and really show how much they love what they do with the service they provide. BEST CATERED FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD. Our guests said so too!

Scott · Married on 06/27/2015

Everyone at our wedding loved our food. They kept telling us how much they loved the food stations. I was very happy with the food as well, and the chef even came and found me to make sure my husband and I got a plate. It was really nice, and I will use Catering by the Family in the future for our other events. THANK YOU!

Danielle · Married on 04/25/2015

Our food was delicious! They were very helpful in working with our budget to make our wedding perfect.

Larissa · Married on 03/21/2015

We found Catering by the Family because my sister used them for her wedding in November and everyone loved their food. I called and scheduled an appointment and found them to be very friendly, responsive, and cared about what the client would like and at what budget. Sandra Thiebe was our representative and was wonderful at keeping in touch. She actually had to track me down to have me confirm some choices! Not only was she exceptional, but the pricing was extremely fair for what we asked for (full buffet and bar with service. wedding was aprx 75 guests).

During the set up the staff manager Oma was a blessing! She helped my family get the rest of the décor set up and was fantastic all evening. I truly loved all the staff, from the servers to the bartender. All my guests commented on how they loved the food and service.

I will recommend Catering by the Family to anyone and everyone! Great service, food, and fair pricing. Thank you for your wonderful service. You are true professionals.

Sincerely, Larissa and Brian

Niana · Married on 11/15/2014

Loved every second of working with this company. Our rep was so sweet and helpful. Definitely went above and beyond to make our experience a great one. Loved them!

Danielle · Married on 11/08/2014

We had a very small wedding (less than 45 people) so we did not feel the need to have a full service catered event. I contacted Catering by the Family and arranged for them to deliver and set up a buffet-style menu. They were very responsive, and I received a great price. The delivery arrived right on time, was set up beautifully, and the food tasted fantastic. I have already recommended them to my sister who is getting married in a few months!

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2014

I will always be thankful for this company. Every single thing they did was excellent! The way they setup the tables at the reception was so elegant, the way they setup the buffet, just WOW I was actually scared of touching it, I didn't want to mess it up! Oma and Henry along with their staff were wonderful. They always made sure that me, my husband and all the guest were taken care of. I can go on and on bragging about this company so to sum it up thank you Catering by the Family for making my wedding as special as it was. I highly recommend you.