Catering by the Family Reviews

130 Reviews for Catering by the Family

• Melissa

Melissa Mertely · Getting married on 06/01/2021

So so good!

Okay, Rachel was amazing! I think I even called her one time at like 7:30am with a question not realizing the time and she answered and was happy to help even though she did not have to at that time. I was not able to do the trial being so far away, and she made sure my parents and fiancés parents felt comfortable and confident in their food and service. The first time I tried their food was at my wedding and I made sure to scarf it all down because it was delicious. We even made the tail end of cocktail hour but didn’t get any apps but they made us a special tray that was sitting at our head table. That little detail meant so much to us. My mom insisted on making her Honduran specialty for cocktail hour and they were glad to pass them around along with theirs. They also did the cake cutting for us which allowed us to enjoy as much of the reception as possible. 10/10 recommend.

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Miranda

Miranda Chapman · Married on 01/02/2021

Amazing team!

Catering by the Family was the best choice for the caterer for our wedding. Rachel was always available to answer any questions, the team was beyond attentive and the food was amazing. I highly recommend Catering by the Family. Thank you Rachel, Stevie and team for going above and beyond for us!

Sent on 01/12/2021
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 12/11/2020

The best catering there is!

Catered by the family treats you like family. We felt like they listened to our plans and ideas from the moment we started talking with them. The food was excellent and so was the service, not just day of but leading up to the day too! They were reliable and communicative through the whole process. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/21/2021
  • Maiken

Maiken Stefany · Married on 10/31/2020

Best Caterer EVER

Booking Catering By The Family was easily the best decision that we made for our wedding Rachel, Steve and all of their staff made everything run smoothly and the food was delicious. They also made our signature cocktail drinks which was my family sangria recipe and in old fashion and they were by far the most popular drinks all night. They were so easy to work with and helped with all of our Covid modifications and I highly recommend them for a wedding or party of any size!!

Sent on 11/05/2020

Catering by the Family's reply:

We loved working with you too! Thank you for your kind words and for letting us be apart of your big day!
    - CBTF

a mccoy · Married on 10/30/2020

Fabulous Food

As MOB I cannot say enough about Catering by the Family! From the moment we met Rachel we knew we were in good hands for the wedding. She is professional, attentive and delightful to work with! Our tasting was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. We had no idea how amazing everything would be for the big day! From signature cocktails, amazing appetizers (the Cuban cigars are a must) and the most delectable dinner the CBTF didn’t miss a detail! Our guests are still saying “the food at Mallory & Trevors is the the BEST food they’ve ever had at a wedding”. I have to agree, the food was hot, delicious and tasty! Thank you for making the wedding flawless...Rachel and CBTF you’re the best!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Catering by the Family's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review! We loved working with you and your daughter for her wedding! It was such a beautiful wedding.

Cheers!
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/15/2020

Great quality

They are very accommodating for gluten free options. The quality and staff are great, the food is very good, everyone enjoyed it at the wedding.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Hi Anna!

So happy to hear everyone enjoyed the food and staff! We were so happy to be apart of your day.

Thanks,

Militza De Jesus · Married on 02/01/2020

Great food!!

I used Catering by the Family for both my bridal shower and rehearsal dinner. I was trying to find a caterer for my bridal shower and remembered one of my close friends telling me that they just had their tasting for their wedding and how amazing the food was. Because of her recommendation I wasted no time going online to look at all their menu options. For my shower I decided to do an assortment of appetizers and they were all amazing! Everyone loved the food. When it came time figure out food for our rehearsal dinner, I knew I had to order from Catering by the Family again. They did not disappoint! I also attended my friends wedding who used them for her wedding and their pasta bar was to die for!! I would definitely hire them again for future parties or events!!

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 01/03/2020

One-stop-shop with delicious food!

I highly recommend Catering by the Family for food, bar, and rental services! Going into the planning process, I was considering hiring separate vendors for food, alcohol, and rentals just to try to save some money. As soon as we met with Rachel with CBTF, I knew we needed to use them for everything! They are basically a one-stop-shop for most of your wedding day essentials! We used them for all of our food, bar service, tables, linens, china, and flatware. They have a huge selection to choose from and I adored the gold bamboo flatware we chose. The food was absolutely delicious and our guests raved about it all night. Rachel was very responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of and we are very appreciative! :)

Sent on 01/16/2020

Hi Brianna!

Thank you so much for the lovely words! I so throughly enjoyed working with you and your mother on your special day! Wishing you nothing but happiness in this next chapter in your life!
    Cheers!
    Rachel
  • Victoria

Sara · Married on 12/15/2019

Couldn't have had our wedding day without Rachel!

We hired Catering by the Family for our December wedding last month, and it was worth every penny! We worked closely with Rachel Cloke (the BEST) leading up to our special day, who went out of her way to help us solidify our menu and make sure we had the best dining experience for our guests. She was so patient (I emailed back and forth with her quite a bit) and always treated us like family when we met in person.

I highly recommend Catering by the Family for your event needs. They go above and beyond to serve you with amazing excellence. When we went around to ask our guests if they were enjoying the food, we received many compliments! My only regret was not being able to eat the food myself (I was too caught up with socializing, haha).

Sent on 01/01/2020

Hi Victoria!

Thank you for the kind words! We loved working with you and being there on your wedding day! Wishing you lots of happiness in this next chapter of your life.

Cheers,
  • Erin

Erin Palmer · Married on 11/30/2019

Best brunch wedding ever!

Catering by the Family food the most incredible job at our brunch wedding. So many guests said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Sandy was so easy to work with and made the entire process perfect. We'd hire them again anytime!

Sent on 02/23/2020

Catering by the Family's reply:

It was my pleasure to be a part of Doug and your special day.....wishing you many years of happiness!
    Sandy

Amanda · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing people, amazing food!

Catering by the Family went above and beyond for us on our wedding day! We sat down many times with the owner Steve and his assistant Rachel and they truly treated us like family! We could sit and talk with them for hours! The food was very impressive and we tasted many different caterers and nothing compared. Our guests were raving about the food at our wedding. Steve had many different weddings to cater on 11/2/19 but he made us feel so special when he showed up to our reception (which was about an hour away) to make sure everything was going perfect for us just like we had planned. Like I said, they really do make you feel like family and we 100 percent recommend this company!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Hi Amanda!

Thank you for writing such a lovely review about your experiences with us! Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day!

Cheers,
  • Melissa

Melissa Clarke · Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious Food, Amazing Staff, and Overall Best Experience!

We had such an amazing experience with CBTF from the moment we contacted them till moments well after our wedding. This company is nothing short of exceptional and truly does provide a family experience for their clients. My husband and I worked with Rachel Cloke, from Sales and she was, without a doubt, the best person we worked with throughout our entire planning process. She was so responsive and helpful and did everything she could to make sure we were getting the best experience. We honestly cant thank her enough for not only making us feel like special clients, but like family. The rest of the staff were also wonderful. Even on the day of our wedding, we had staff members coming up to us to make sure we were being well taken care of. Helena, the event manager, was such a warm presence to have around on such a hectic day.
    Apart from the service, the food was so delicious! We had guests coming up to us raving about the Pad Thai and how good it was. It was so good, my husband and I ordered some more to have for ourselves weeks after.
    I can go on and on but the take away here is that Catering by the Family provided such and amazing experience and we are forever grateful to this team for playing such a big role in our day.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review! It was such a joy working with you and your husband!
    Best wishes to you both!

- CBTF

Kristine · Married on 03/30/2019

I cannot say enough good things about CBF!

Catering by the Family seriously made me feel like their most important bride throughout every meeting. Steve remembered so many details that were important to me - and fulfilled all of them! Their presentation is lovely, their food is tasty, and Steve and Stevie are just the sweetest. They love what they do, and love making people happy - and it shows. I put so much trust in them to set up tables, chairs, linens and food - and everything turned our gorgeous and delicious! They were accommodating, flexible, and even surprised me and my husband with a signature drink that people have been raving about since the wedding! Working with Steve was simply a blessing.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 02/23/2019

Good food, easy, personable

We chose catering by the family based on how good the food was at my dad's wedding, and they did not disappoint. Guests were really happy with the food, the bartender was generous with the drinks, and they were extremely professional and prompt with set up and take down. We had an unusual cake that needed special heating and they set that up for us with no problems. Also, Steve and Erika were both so sweet on the phone and in person and they were so excited and accommodating with all the elements of the wedding. Definitely happy with our choice.

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 02/22/2019

Easy, fun and delicious food. Sandra was so fun to work with.

Exceeded expectations! They worked from our home since it was at our house and they never hit a glitch. Cooking food for 80 people PLATED, not buffet can be challenging but everyone’s food was delicious and HOT when served.

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Dena

Dena · Married on 02/09/2019

Thank you, Catering By The Family!

Catering By The Family went above and beyond for our wedding. Not only did they provide all our food, but they also assisted in finding majority of our rentals and flipping our ceremony space into our reception space. They also had the best price in town. Steve and his team went beyond expectations to ensure that we had a perfect evening. The space was absolutely beautiful, and our guests raved about how great the food was. They were so attentive throughout the entire process and made it so easy for us. They even took chargers we rented from a rental company back to their warehouse so we did not have to pick them up at 9am from the venue early the morning after our wedding. Our wedding would not have been the same without Catering By The Family. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Emma · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing Service

Jean is such a sweetheart, and answered any questions I had about the big day. She made sure everything turned out perfect, and it did! The food was tasty, and the bar was top notch! Her team really did an amazing job!

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • HessCorona

Adrianna · Married on 11/18/2018

One word- Delicious!

Steve was very helpful during the process. He gave us exactly what we wanted for food and it was so delicious. We had southern style food and everyone was extremely satisfied with the appetizers and dinner. His staff was very professional and on top of everything during the wedding. I would highly recommend using this company.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Nathalie · Married on 11/18/2018

Always a Great Experience

I have used Catering by the Family for many events and could not be happier. Every time the experience has been fantastic. From booking to the day of the event everyone is always so friendly and incredibly helpful. They always go above and beyond to make sure everything goes smooth and always take the time to help clean up after the event. The food is fantastic and the salad dressing is absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend Catering by the Family.

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Carlee

Carlee · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious Food

I am honestly counting down the days until the wedding so I can stuff my face with all of their amazing food! Oh...and to marry my true love of course! ;)

CBTF is extremely professional, helpful, and talented. Amazing food, amazing choices, they will make our wedding this November complete!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Misty Winter · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellence for your special day! Peace of mind guaranteed.

Have used Catering by the Family for large events as well as more intimate gatherings. Always a five star experience. Steve and his entire staff are always most courteous, efficient and professional. Erika in sales is the best!!! Communication is a huge plus ensuring expectations are surpassed. The food has always received high reviews from my guests. Not your typical caterer. Prices are very reasonable for such quality all the way around. Delighted to have Catering By the Family as my go to for my events!

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Jen

Jen Victor · Married on 10/06/2018

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Wonderful experience all around.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND Catering By The Family if you're looking for a caterer that will far exceed your expectations. My husband and I worked with Sandy, and she made our entire experience with Catering By The Family so smooth and stress free! Not only did the customer service from Sandy and the Catering by The Family team exceed our expectations, but the food was spectacular! We still have friends and family telling us how amazing the food was at our wedding! For any events that my husband and I need a caterer for, we will definitely use Catering By The Family!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Dianna · Married on 05/12/2018

Jean and her team went above and beyond all expectations. Being an out of state bride Jean was super flexible to meet when I could and take every call that I had. They worked with my to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted. I also couldn't be more grateful the team on site the day of the wedding. They were super efficient and checked in to make sure my husband and I were taken care of at all times!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Gay Lynn · Married on 03/10/2018

We used Catering By The Family for our daughters wedding recently. I can not say or write enough good things about the experience. But I will attempt to share a few of the highlights. This company although not as expensive as others delivers an event to rival any caterer in the Tampa Bay area and I would argue BEATS THEM ALL!
    Our 200 plus guest could not say enough good things about the food, the bar, wedding cake and service. We choose to have a family style meal instead of a buffet or platted meals. Although we received many declines from other caterers this company not only agreed to do it but they nailed it so much that it made the wedding perfect. The food was delicious, served hot and the staff was professional and incredibly friendly to the point guest specifically commented to us about it.
    From the tasting to the finish product Mr. Gonzalez, Erica and staff were wonderful. Lastly and most importantly we must recognize Stevie Gonzalez who hands down makes the best SHRIMP & GRITS, braised short ribs in the entire Tampa Bay area! This young man is so talented and the Gonzalez family is so fortunate to have that talent in its next generation to carry on its outstanding quality and service.
    Thank you to each person who was involved in making our daughters wedding one in which everyone whom attended said "the best wedding we've ever been to". Without you this would not have been true!
    Family - leaves a place in our heart which we never forget. We will never forget your families contribution to ours.
    Love,