Catering By Design Reviews

Catering By Design 5
Catering By Design 6
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 10/05/2019

Incredible food, even better service!

CBD is incredible in every part of the planning process. Terri could not have been more helpful or responsive. Terri helped us design a perfect meal, even bringing in an ice cream bar and soft pretzels as a late night snack for our guests. The food was absolutely incredible, and our guests are still talking about the tater tot bar. Thank you for the most magical day!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Britt

Britt · Married on 08/10/2019

Awesome Catering!

Catering by Design was awesome to work with. Terri made the process of selecting food for our wedding enjoyable and easy. The food was delicious - guests were commenting on how great everything tasted! Cake was awesome, too. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Catering By Design 7
    Catering By Design 8
    Catering By Design 9
    Catering By Design 10
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/31/2019

Great food and service!

We fell in love with our venue, the College of Physicians, at first sight. Catering by Design was the exclusive caterer, but we were working on a tight budget, and honestly, we initially thought that they were going to be out of reach for us. But Kristen Medici was very understanding and worked with us, putting together a budget-friendly proposal, and we’re so glad she did!

Kristen went above and beyond to make our event a success. We were planning from out-of-town, so most of our communication was via email and phone. Along the way, Kristen was consistently responsive to questions and changes. She also took on a lot of month-of and day-of event planning, including writing up our timeline, contacting vendors to coordinate load-in and setup, and coordinating our ceremony. This meant that we were able to really enjoy our day without worrying about the flow of the event at the venue, and we could not be more grateful for all of that help. Kristen and her staff even snuck us away right after the ceremony for some hors d’oeuvres, wine, and a moment of privacy. We really felt taken care of. On top of Kristen’s exemplary planning and support, the service was impeccable, and the food was outstanding. We received so many compliments from our friends and relatives. Several of our guests said they had never had such good food at a wedding before. Overall, we wholeheartedly recommend Kristen and CBD!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Jeffrey

Jeffrey Gross · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing wedding experience!

I am not exaggerating when I say that my wife and I couldn’t have thrown the wedding celebration at The College of Physicians of Philadelphia that we did without Kristen Medici and her amazing staff. We’ve had many, many guests come up to us and say nothing but the nicest things about their interactions with the staff across the board, and we feel the same way. From our first interaction with Kristen, we knew that we wanted her in charge of our wedding day, and she did not disappoint. It was a perfect day, and a lot of that is due to Catering By Design's tremendous efforts. We look forward to working with them again, and couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 06/27/2019

P Jones · Married on 05/18/2019

Highest recommendations without any reservations!

Kristen Medici and the staff at CBD did a fabulous job from start to finish. They were responsive, accommodating, flexible about our wishes, and most importantly, made the process personal. Warm and easy to work with, they made an effort to get to know us and our families so the final outcome would be just what we wanted. The venue (especially the garden!) was gorgeous, the food delicious, and the logistics seamless. We highly recommend them without any reservations!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Julie · Married on 12/15/2018

Yummy Food!

We had our wedding at ONE North Broad and catered by Catering by Design. They food was delicious and plentiful! Terri made the process so easy and was great to work with. Both are a great choice for your wedding! You and your guests will love them!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa Guarni · Married on 11/24/2018

Most Amazing Experience

I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful Catering By Design is, Liz Savits specifically!! From the moment I met Liz, I knew she was the perfect person to coordinate everything for my wedding. She was laid back and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. Catering by Design provided the most amazing food and service on our wedding day at the College of Physicians. From the butlered appetizers, to the stations, to the entrees, to dessert - everything went seamlessly! I truly hope I get to attend a wedding in the future so I can experience it all over again! Cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Kri · Married on 09/22/2018

Delightful, Professional, Experienced - I Love CBD

Working with CBD was delightful, from the walk-through appointments to tastings to the wedding day -- all were enjoyable experiences because of this team. The food was thoughtfully executed, the decor was perfect, the lighting/sound on-point and the event coordinators (Kristen & Liz) are the best in the business. I am thrilled with the outcome of my wedding and they created wonderful memories.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Samy · Married on 04/28/2018

Catering by Design was the absolute best! We used them for our wedding at The College of Physicians in Philadelphia. CbD is the exclusive manager of the event spaces at this venue – so they managed our ceremony, the cocktail hour, and our reception.

I need to start with Liz. She was our main point of contact at CbD / The College. She was extremely professional, knowledgeable, organized, and had immense patience with me and my 10,000 questions. She was outstanding!! From the very beginning, I left like we were in very good hands.

In terms of food / drinks, we wanted to have a fusion of Indian and American cuisine. My husband and I cared very much about the quality of the food and drinks – it was our number one priority item. Liz and her team worked with us on every detail to create a customized menu for the cocktail hour and reception to meet what we were envisioning. In addition, Liz and her team took care to deliver on a custom cake decoration idea I had in mind and a matched the taste of a signature drink my husband created. No detail was over looked. Our guests raved to us about the meatballs station and the passed hor d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour, and the entrées at the reception. They were exceptional!

The staff and chefs at Catering by Design went above and beyond and I highly recommend them without reservation.

-sam & chris

Sent on 06/07/2018

Ryanne · Married on 04/21/2018

Nancy is the absolute best! We admittedly had no clue what we were doing when we set off to search for wedding venues. We settled on One North Broad who uses Catering by Design as the exclusive caterer. We got lucky there! Planning the wedding from afar (we live in Chicago) couldn't have been simpler. Nancy clearly communicated timelines and options, provided great guidance and advice when we needed it and has amazing ideas. I was so appreciative of her enthusiasm for our event and genuine good wishes - you'd never know she does hundreds of these things! We felt like we were treated special the whole way. Our guests are still raving about how good the food was and how beautiful the rooms were set up. As the bride, I was so appreciative that staff even came around during the cocktail hour to bring us a special tray of apps to make sure we ate. Catering by Design was wonderful at all the big things and the little things that went into making our wedding a truly unforgettable event. If you're looking for worry-free planning, you're in good hands with CBD!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Alexis · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding day was a dream come true and Nancy at CBD had a huge part in making that happen. From her handling my over planning and OCD ways, she was always extremely helpful and hospitable. From the planning of everything to the food, everything was perfect and Nancy made it amazing. People still can't stop talking about how great the food was! I would use CBD and Nancy again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Meredith · Married on 03/17/2018

We held our wedding on March 17, 2018 at the College of Physicians where Catering by Design is the exclusive caterer. We worked with Kristen Medici for the majority of our planning process and it was a WONDERFUL experience both in preparing for the big day and the day of our wedding. Kristen met with us repeatedly leading up to our wedding to ensure all details were taken care of. The food was amazing- we had so many compliments about the cocktail hour snacks, the cake, and the entrees (especially the steak). Kristen made sure to take into account all of our preferences and all of the details of our big day were executed perfectly. The whole team was incredibly professional and made our day incredibly special. I would recommend Catering by Design and the College of Physicians venue to anyone. Our day could have not been more perfect.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 01/20/2018

The staff from start to finish, were helpful, accommodating, and professional. Let's not forget the delicious food, loved by all, and the perfectly executed floral "canopy "
    I would highly recommend the entire team❤

Sent on 02/08/2018

Nancy · Married on 01/06/2018

We were married at One North Broad, where CBD is the exclusive caterer, which we were so happy about! Their food is phenomenal - we had several guests tell us it was the best food they've had at a wedding. I love that they are willing to put together pretty much whatever menu you want. Terri was super responsive, and was great on the day-of making sure that everything was taken care of. Also - they do the wedding cakes in-house and it was the best cake I've ever eaten. Thank you, CBD!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Abbey · Married on 12/16/2017

AMAZING! Kristen was a dream to work with, and she made the process of planning so easy. We never had to worry about any details, and always felt confident that everything we wanted and that we talked about was being handled and would be done so flawlessly. The team took time to get to know us, and our tastes, which made the process so smooth and enjoyable. They level of service and attention to detail really brought them to another level and put myself and my parents at east during the whole planning process. My guests RAVED about the food after our event, which was one of the main priorities for us. I am attending a CBD wedding in the fall and cannot wait to experience one as a guest. If I ever need a cater/event planning again, Kristen and CBD will be my go-to.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

We were recently married at Bolingbroke Mansion and worked primarily with Nancy and Lindsay of CBD. We had a beyond excellent experience overall and are still daydreaming about our wedding day. We spent just about a year working with CBD on the planning, and every interaction we had with Nancy and Lindsay was punctual, professional, and truly enjoyable. They made communication very easy from the start, and were always flexible with us as our wedding day vision formed and changed. Our theme was a little unique and, in my mind, a little challenging to execute with decorations and florals, but they embraced it along with us and had great ideas that pulled it all together aesthetically. They also made themselves available to fit our somewhat unique work schedules, so every phone call or meeting in person was made very easy for us. The food was another awesome aspect of working with CBD on our wedding. From the menu selection process, to the tasting, to the food on the actual day, everything was delicious and the menu options available from CBD's chefs were all interesting and varied. We were thrilled with the menu we landed on (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, braised brisket, cherry pie instead of wedding cake with fresh whipped cream, etc) and many guests made a point to let us know how great all the food was. All of the servers on the actual day were also excellent and very attentive. Mary, the server who took care of me and my husband throughout the night, was especially attentive and made sure we always had food and drink whenever we wanted/needed. As fine dining restaurant workers ourselves, we really appreciated the excellent service CBD provided us and our guests (and we expected nothing less!). If we had to plan our wedding all over again, we would definitely choose Catering by Design. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to them, and we would highly recommend their team to anyone in the Philly area planning a wedding. We can't thank you enough, CBD!!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Catering By Design 11
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/06/2017

We had a great experience with Terri Fair and Catering By Design at our wedding at the Michener Museum this past October. They were able to work within our budget while still making the event fabulous and memorable! The evening went smoothly, the floral was beautiful and we received many compliments on the food!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Jenny · Married on 08/05/2017

I'm nearly three weeks out from my wedding at the College of Physicians through Catering By Design, and I still can't believe how amazing it was. The staff that helped us prepare for the big day were amazing, as were the staff on hand the day-of. Liz was our go-to contact person at the College after Diana got us set up. Liz was amazing--I am a nervous and meticulous planner that obsesses over minute details. Liz was there to answer every question and concern I had promptly, while also giving her advice and suggestions along the way. This was especially important for my wife and I as we planned the entire wedding while living in a completely different part of the country. In the end, this meant that during the wedding itself, my wife and I were care-free as everything went perfectly as planned. Catering By Design at the College is a well oiled machine--everything was taken care of and we enjoyed the day immensely.

The venue at the College was everything we had hoped for. Luckily the weather was perfect so we had our ceremony outdoors. Yet we would not have been worried if it was too hot or if it was raining, as one of the reasons why we chose the College in the first place was because their indoor ceremony space is just as beautiful as their outdoor garden. The ballroom for the reception was grand and made for the perfect setting for our party.

As for the food? Amazing. The cocktail hour food was delicious (CBD delivered our food to the bridal suite while our guests enjoyed downstairs). For dinner, we went with three stations: Mashed potato bar, tuscan grille, and a Taco Bar. We were not surprised by how great the food was, as we had gone to a tasting 8 months before the actual wedding date. The cake was super yummy too.

Overall, having our wedding at the College with CBD was a great experience, and we are so happy we trusted the staff at the College and at Catering by Design with producing one of the most important event of our lives.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Allie · Married on 06/23/2017

Catering by design was fantastic to work with. Diana, our event coordinator, was organized, experienced and flexible. We had total confidence in her and her team. She was very responsive to emails and met with us multiple times to go over details. My husband and I added a few additions to the menu and bar to personalize our wedding all of which was done with ease and upfront pricing. The food was so delicious. Not your typical wedding dinner. There is craft and care that goes into everything from the passed hors d’ouevres to the main dish. People are still talking about it! Catering by design is a well-oiled machine. They run multiple events a year, but you won’t get a generic ballroom event. Every detail can be tailored to your desire and the space at The College of Physicians is so fantastic is speaks for itself.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Jean · Married on 06/03/2017

Catering By Design provided the all the details for our daughter's wedding at the Mutter Museum, from helping us to organize the event, providing flowers, to serving delicious appetizers and scrumptious dinner and cake. Guest toured the Mutter Museum during cocktail hour. Service was impeccable, attending to the bride and serving all the dinners promptly. It was more than we could have anticipated, it went so seamlessly. Thank you, Diana and all the staff, to make the occasion truly memborable.

Sent on 06/19/2017

REBECCA · Married on 05/27/2017

Wonderful experience! Highly recommend! Our wedding was at the Mutter Museum / College of Physicians, where Catering by Design is the exclusive caterer. We worked with Diana throughout the planning process and she was there on the big day to ensure everything went smoothly. Diana was wonderful to with - always pleasant, professional, and organized. Diana handled all our food, including tastings, open bar, place- settings for the tables, day of coordination with all vendors, event schedule (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception), ran our ceremony rehearsal, and many many other things. It's important to note that we don't live in Philly and planned most of the wedding remotely (via email and over the phone) and it worked out great! During the wedding, my bridal attendant Tracy was fabulous - I felt like royalty! I dubbed Tracy and Diana the "Ninjas" because any time I needed them during the event for anything at all, there they were, ready to help and anticipating my every need. Our guests raved about the DELICIOUS FOOD, WEDDING CAKE, craft old-timey cocktails, and FIRST CLASS SERVICE. 5 stars! Catering by Design knows how to throw a fabulous party!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Andrew · Married on 10/15/2016

Dan and Diana were amazing to work with and made our wedding amazing. The food was some of the best wedding food our guests ever had (their words, not ours). The CBD team made planning a breeze and stress free; and more importantly, they made us feel right at home in the College of Physicians and at their home office in Mount Airy. They worked with on two tastings since we wanted an additional option, and we couldn't have been happier with service, quality, attention to detail that the team provided. Sometimes in-house catering teams let quality and service slip a little since there's no competition for the business. This couldn't have been more the opposite with CBD, Dan and Diana.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Jacqui · Married on 10/09/2016

CBD is the exclusive caterer of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, in addition to other venues in the Philly area.

Our wedding at CPP was a success, primarily due to the professionalism and hard work of Diana, Dan, and Peter. When we first met Diana and Dan, back in December, they walked us through the venue and gave us a comprehensive proposal based on the things we discussed during our initial meeting. Over the next ten months, they worked with us to finesse our meal selections, pick rental items, and develop what turned out to be an incredible event.

One brief caveat about CBD--while other caterers give you a strict per-plate/itemized cost, CBD does things a little differently. Their pricing is more all-inclusive, and includes a range of costs, which may be challenging to someone who has a strict budget and is trying to control costs. However, I believe it resulted in a high-quality experience for both the bride/groom and their guests. One simply has to trust that Dan and Peter have extensive experience in hosting events in Philadelphia, and to let these professionals develop the wedding of your dreams.

Our food tasted virtually as it did during the tastings. Our cake was incredible, and everyone raved about our desserts. What CBD does incredibly well are the cocktail hour appetizers--we observed guests following the waiters around, looking for a vegetable samosa or Cuban empanada! The soup and grilled cheese bar was a huge hit. During our wedding, Gary made sure that my champagne glass always stayed full! He also made sure that our parents were well taken care of. Diana worked closely with catering staff to make sure everything was as it should be, and she did not leave until that was done.

We are incredibly happy to have worked with Catering by Design for our wedding. We've had nothing but compliments about the food and experience everyone had.

Sent on 10/22/2016

We chose Catering By Design (College of Physicians location) for our wedding catering, and we could not have been happier with our choice. The food and staff were fantastic, the co-owner Dan made us feel comfortable and supported and our day of coordinator, Diana, was so helpful and accommodating along the way. We had the opportunity to design our package exactly as we wanted to and it turned out perfectly. Our guests were raving about the location, the food and the party. I would highly recommend this vendor to any bride and groom who are looking for their wedding! Thanks Catering By Design!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Clay · Married on 04/16/2016

Dan Love – I think we are finally starting to recover from a delightful evening! Just wanted to drop you a note saying how much we appreciated your tremendous efforts to make our daughter's wedding a great success. Service, food, and your coordination were just right!!!!!

You all really came through for us. The evening went smoothly, we received many, many complements about both the flowers and ambiance and especially the meal and the appetizers. One very critical beer drinking friend of mine even said we “done good” on the selection of beers!

You all were so understanding/calming/professional – from Peter to Diana to Rae to Angie – and especially to you – thank you so much for your great delivery of what you promised!

Please feel free to use Judy and me for references if any of your prospects want to call and chat about how great you all were and how smoothly a wedding ceremony and reception can run.

Sent on 04/29/2016