39 Reviews for Catalina Jean Photography

Prints (2)
Second Shooter (1)
Toning (1)
39 Catalina Jean Photography Reviews

CATALINA IS THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER OF ALL TIME! Not only are her photos so flawless and artistic, but she is also just an incredibly rad human being. Our guests could not stop talking about how much fun she was - the perfect amount of laid back and out of the way and also fun and quirky to get people to engage in the photos. Catalina does an amazing job of capturing the authentic moments that aren't staged throughout the day. It is so special to have photos of my wife and I embracing when I thought no one was looking. Catalina does an amazing job of somehow being everywhere all at once without anyone noticing.

Catalina was so easy to work with throughout the planning process and did a great job of scouting first look locations for us in our favorite neighborhood. She does a perfect amount of staged photos and spur of the moment creative shots. We used her for our engagement shoot and our wedding and I cannot recommend her enough. By the end of our wedding day when she was leaving I told her I wanted to be best friends with her because we enjoyed sharing our day with her so much. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE EVERYWHERE FOREVER!!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/30/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can only say positive things about my experience with Catalina. She has thought of everything when it comes to making your photography unique, and special for your wedding. She went out of her way to go see the venue before the celebration, and find ideal places to take our photos. I was so impressed with the level of detail that she puts into her work. She took the time to get to know me, so all my photos are 100% what I wanted.

Not only is she extremely professional, she is easy to get along with, and pleasant to be around. I think she fit perfectly in with my group and they only have nice things to say about her.

Thank you Catalina, I could not have asked for a better photographer!

Profile Picture Alec, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Catalina was amazing. Her talent was obvious when we saw her portfolio, but the way she goes about the whole day is an art form in itself. She made everyone feel so comfortable and got many amazing shots. We got our pictures back so fast too, which was the best. I'm sooo so glad we were able to book Catalina, I mean pictures are really the only way to truly remember details of special moments, and she captured our wedding moments in the most lovely way. They'll be hanging on our walls always!

Profile Picture Barrett, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

She is fun and easy going and we are very glad she shot our wedding. You can tell she’s passionate about her job and she has the skills! I really recommend her to everyone. Thank you!

Profile Picture Acacia, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Catalina was everything I wanted and more. She was sweet, and professional, directive, yet not pushy. She was organized and knew exactly what she wanted. On top of that our photos are incredible. She captured our special day so perfectly. You can feel the emotion through the photos. Highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

I can't say enough good stuff about Catalina. She is confident, easy to talk to, and totally understood our vision for our wedding photos. Everything was very straightforward leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day she was prompt and got tons of great photos without it feeling like a drag. The pictures are magical.

Photos
Profile Picture Samantha, 9/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

We were lucky enough to have Catalina photograph our wedding last September. I'd seen some of her work online and it was stunning - artful and emotive while still fun and authentic - so we were majorly stoked when it turned out she was available for our big day. From the very start, she was a thorough pleasure to work with and after our initial consult with her, we both felt pretty strongly that she "got" us and what we were going for. During the ceremony and reception Catalina had the most amazing ability of blending in seamlessly, yet simultaneously always managing to be right where the action was. She was such a pro and so easy to work with.

We received a select set of preview photos in the days after the wedding and they were amazing - like jaw-dropping, gorgeous, soulful amazing. When the full set arrived, they were equally outstanding. I never thought I'd be the type to hang wedding photos in my living room, but Catalina's work is so much more than your run-of-the-mill typical wedding photography. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos has been equally impressed - simply put, Catalina is the best!!

Profile Picture Zoë, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Catalina Jean did our engagement photos and they are absolutely stunning. She was very responsive to emails and calls, and we were able to set up a day and time that easily worked for everyone. She even accommodated our little dog in the session! We got a preview of our session within a week of the shoot, and got the rest of the photos within the time frame she quoted us (about a month). We are SO happy with the photos she took we are having a hard time deciding which ones to order! She is a top notch person and a top notch photographer. A+++

Profile Picture Anna, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints

Catalina was such a joy to work with. She did our engagement photos in Oregon and shot our wedding in Sonoma. Our wedding day was a lot hotter than expected and the way she manuvered through the heat, constantly thinking five steps ahead was greatly appreciated by us. She is thoughtful in her approach and has an incredible eye for how she sees things. (We constantly are told by our friends and family how amazing our pictures look). She is professional, personal, and knows how to connect with the bride and groom. 5/5 and we would recommend her for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Sheila, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hiring Catalina was the best decision I made for our wedding. She was not only incredibly talented but she was also our support and kept the whole wedding running smoothly. She gave us some of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen and totally captured the love and happiness in that day. We're so thankful for her and her talent! When she sent me my preview picture I teared up at how completely stunning they were. She is amazing!

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

I don't even know where to begin- Catalina is the absolute coolest. Our wedding day took place in Big Sur, California- and due to the amount of rain the coast saw last year around this time/mudslides, we had to relocate our wedding venue with 10 days to go before our date! I remember talking to Catalina just before we confirmed our plan B, and she was so calm and awesome- I felt like we were on the same page the entire time. Her reaction to this news was about the same as mine- several laughs and questions, but we knew regardless of whatever June 10th brought, it would be epic and captured in it's purest form. Catalina was amazing at setting time slots and keeping each other up to date throughout the planning process- the hours we had with her before our ceremony began were a bit all over the place between Carmel Valley and Highway 1, and she was so good at knowing when we'd have to rap up one location to move on to the next, which is definitely needed on your wedding day! Traveling around with her was like adventuring the coast with a friend- she was down to pull over anywhere with a good view, grab a couple fun shots, and keep going. I loved that about her!!! She honestly made our entire day just amazing- so many of our wedding guests approached us asking how we found such a cool wedding photographer. And once we received the images back, we were speechless. She has such an original aesthetic and look to her photos, which was exactly what I was looking for! Beautiful tones, a grainy/vintage finish- so timeless. THANK YOU again Catalina for not only delivering the dreamiest wedding photos, but for making our day that much more memorable. Already looking for another reason to shoot with her again! xo

Profile Picture Siobhan, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you are looking for a photographer who is warm, organized, real and INSANELY talented, look no further than Catalina!! From the moment we first spoke on the phone, she made me feel comfortable, and reassured that the ultra-important task of documenting our wedding day was in good hands!

Coming from Texas, the first time we met with Catalina was for our engagement shoot. As a couple who generally hates to be photographed, Catalina helped us relax and feel completely natural. The same was true for our wedding day. I have heard numerous comments from family, wedding party and guests about how fun and easy it was to work with Catalina. It was a joy to have her there on our big day! And while her portfolio certainly speaks for itself, I can attest that her photos are simply dreamy. She was also extremely diligent, and got us our sneak peek before we even left for our honeymoon.

If you have the opportunity to book Catalina, do it! I promise you won't regret it.

Profile Picture Anne-Marie, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Catalina is a wonderful artist and just a fantastic woman. I'd recommend her to everyone!!

Profile Picture Kelliann, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Catalina was incredible. She is one of those people you want to be forever-friends with after the wedding. Her style was super unobtrusive and all about Cameron and I feeling the love and magic that was our wedding day. It was important for me not to have the wedding feel like a photo-shoot and she nailed it. We also have a lot of family -- and all the great family politics and drama most people have -- and she took charge, got all the pictures done, and even allowed us time to enjoy our cocktail hour! She is sweet, funny, and lovely to be around to bout! But none of that even speaks to her work!!! She is a true artist. We've only seen our sneak peeks and we are blown away. She captured amazing moments that were candid and real and just breath taking. I could not recommend her more. If you want a photographer that is like a photojournalist only adding to the magic of your day all while controlling your crazy family and making everyone laugh... look.no.further!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Is there a way to give someone more than five stars? As many other reviewers have stated, Catalina does a phenomenal job capturing the emotion of your wedding day, but goes above and beyond the call of duty throughout the planning process with her professionalism, attention to detail, and overall positive approach. She understood our vision from day one and every meeting with her was a breath of fresh air, particularly in those final, stressful days of planning! We were lucky enough to book her well in advance of our wedding, and in addition to producing beautiful heirloom engagement and wedding day photos for us, she was also huge help in recommending other vendors, which made a really big difference in how smoothly everything ran! Catalina was one of the best investments we made for our wedding and I cannot sing her praises enough!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Catalina was one of the best investments we made when planning for our wedding. Leading up to the wedding she was responsive and even made time for us to meet with her in person so she could get to know us and our style. At the wedding she helped keep the entire day on track. We had a wedding of 250+ people and both my husband and I have big families. Catalina seamlessly organized the family photos quickly and made everyone laugh! Even months after the wedding my family still talks about how awesome our photographer was! When we got our photos back we were floored with how beautiful they were. The photos she captured from our wedding were better than I could have imagined! The sunset couple shots were truly works of art and the candids that she captured throughout the day let us relive the emotions over and over again. We are SO thankful for Catalina!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Catalina was a dream to work with; passionate about her work, a great communicator, very organized, and so easy to be around. We met a few times before the wedding to talk about how she'd capture the day and after each meeting we felt totally confident things were going to go really smoothly.

On the day of the wedding she made taking photos fun and kept us on a great timeline that allowed us to enjoy plenty of time with our guests too. It was so easy! The results were fantastic too - I LOVE the photos she took and will treasure them forever.

Profile Picture Alden, 7/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Catalina has some amazing talent as a photographer. She has the most warm down-to-earth personality. I want her as a friend :) She is simply the best. We planned our elopement to Oregon from Wisconsin, and she was so helpful throughout the process. We connected on the vision I had for the wedding and she was so excited for us! We Skyped a few times throughout the planning process (as well as many emails). She was always prompt at returning emails and always full of information, making us feel so confident and worry free. We knew the pictures would be amazing, and boy were we right! They exceeded our expectations! The images are beyond beautiful. Full of feeling and beautiful details. Our love for each other was truely captured. We highly recommend Catalina! She's a true artist.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We booked Catalina for our Elopement! She was fabulous! Very prompt to respond to questions.. very professional.. and just very sweet in general. We were looking for a very particular kind of photography. Something to tell our story.. not just show portraits.. all I have seen so far is my sneak peek, but I am sure they are going to be amazing. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/14/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I'm not sure anyone could have asked for a better photographer. Catalina is friendly, energetic, and above all, AWESOME at her art. She has an eye for the smallest details (from a pre-wedding questionnaire, to creating a timeline, to scouting the venue out for lighting/backdrops), but is also able to bring such an energy to the actual event that everyone's smiles seem just a little bigger because of her. Would hire her all over again!

Profile Picture Priscilla, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

It's impossible to imagine a better wedding photographer than Catalina Jean Photography. Catalina's work is beautiful and unique, she makes the planning process stress-free, and she's just a fun, energetic person to have at your wedding!

We planned our Portland, OR wedding from across the country and had been given a list of recommended photographers, but as we looked through their portfolios we found ourselves underwhelmed. We wanted someone who would bring something a little different, with the editorial perspective of an artist. I'm so glad we looked beyond the list we'd been given and found Catalina, because she did exactly that. She has a style that's both classic and all her own.

From our first meeting with her, she was extremely enthusiastic and made us feel like our wedding was genuinely important to her. And on the wedding day she did a spectacular job of scouting out locations for first look and family photos. She really put a lot of thought into it, and all we had to do was follow her lead. She put everyone at ease and gently directed us the entire way. I don't even remember seeing her during the ceremony and dinner, but the photos prove that she was everywhere, capturing amazing shots of all the key moments and lots of small details that I would never have seen if not for her.

In short, I can't recommend Catalina highly enough!

Profile Picture Ben, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Catalina was a total dream come true -- her work is beautiful, her artistry and creativity are unmatched, and she was incredibly kind, professional, and courteous. We planned our wedding from afar (see my husband's review above mine), and she completely set our minds at ease during the whole process. We were able to forget about being photographed and just enjoy our day. She did a wonderful job of being present for all the important moments, but we never for a single second felt as if she was being pushy or invasive. I cannot say enough good things about her - if you're looking for a true artist who will give you beautiful memories of your wedding day, call Catalina immediately; I am so glad we did.

Profile Picture Mary , 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Catalina photographed our Portland wedding elopement and she did an absolutely fantastic job. The weather was horrible; freezing cold, raining and windy, and she was a total trooper. She got us EXACTLY the kind of Christmas photos we were hoping for, with sparking lights and a warm glow.
Catalina took us all over town to get the best kinds of backgrounds for our photos, and gave us the urban vibe we requested. Catalina isn't into the staged, dorky wedding photos of generations prior... she tells a story with her art, and really captures the love between the couple. I highly recommend her work to anyone looking for a photographer to make their day special.

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Planning a wedding can be daunting and finding a wedding photographer that you feel can truly capture your wedding story can be even more stressful! A dear friend recommended Catalina Jean Photography after I had been scouring websites for Portland area wedding photographers for days. Once I saw her site I immediately contacted her for an appointment. When we actually met Catalina Jean, heard her passion for her career, and saw her portfolio of work I knew the search for the best Portland wedding photographer was complete - we booked her ASAP!

Once our wedding day arrived I was so excited for Catalina's arrival and to see how she would document our wedding story. My husband and I felt completely at ease with Catalina and I truly feel she captured our love, personality and the vibe of our big day. She was very professional, kind, and most of all you could feel how excited she was for us on our special day and how honored she was to be the one to capture it all for us.

Once we received the final images we literally lost it - the images she captured are literally works of art. The wedding images are incredible and I am so grateful that we went with Catalina Jean Photography for our Portland OR wedding - we will have these incredible images forever. I highly recommend purchasing one of Catalina's fine art wedding albums. We purchased one and again Catalina was great to work with during the creation of the album. It's so nice to have this album to look through with my husband that tells our wedding story from beginning to end.

I cannot speak highly enough of Catalina Jean Photography - thank you Catalina for capturing our wedding day and most importantly capturing all the love.

Profile Picture Angela, 9/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Catalina was a dream come true. From our initial consult an on, it never felt like a vendor interaction, but more like a bunch of friends making plans.
During the whirlwind that is your wedding day, everything goes by so fast, but Catalina was able to keep us in the moment, enjoying eachother, while capturing our love in a way that I didn't know was possible.
Even months later, looking at our photos takes me back to those moments as if I'm there all over again, reliving the happiest day of my life. We feel so incredibly lucky to have had Catalina as our photographer.

Profile Picture Kandice, 9/7/15, 1 Review