Casual Elegance Reviews

20 | Henderson, NV

20 Reviews for Casual Elegance

Audrey · Married on 09/21/2018

My husband and I wanted our ceremony to be special (After-all that’s the whole reason for the big day!).And we couldn’t be happier that we found Ed to officiate.

In terms of the ceremony, we knew what we didn’t want (something generic, quick and impersonal) but we knew very little about what normally happens/what could happen as part of a wedding ceremony. Ed made a series of comprehensive ‘planning’ documents available to us, which clearly outlined the various options available to us (references to God or not, readings, prayers, vows etc.) These documents were so helpful and made the whole process of picking and planning a customized ceremony so easy! Ed was so accommodating and flexible with us – wanting to simply ensure that our ceremony was the best possible representation of us as a couple.

On the day itself, Ed was incredible. As ours was a destination wedding, we didn’t get the opportunity to spend a lot of 1:1 time with our vendors before the big day. That can be a worry, especially when you want a personalized experience. But every single person who attended our ceremony remarked on how well Ed seemed to know us! From our various interactions (over the phone, via e-mail, filling in questionnaire’s about each other, attending our rehearsal etc.) Ed was able to build a beautiful, meaningful and very personal ceremony for us. We were totally immersed in each other and the moment, because of the beautiful words he spoke and the way he delivered them.

A thoroughly lovely man, a consummate professional and a genuinely calming and reassuring presence; Ed was an integral part of our day! I will remember him and the beautiful ceremony he created for us, forever! Ed is exactly the type of person you want guiding you through one of the most important moments of your life!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • I

isaura · Married on 07/07/2017

Something about him was so soothing to me on my biggest day! We could have been so nervous but he kept us calm. He spoke to us a few days before and the morning of and gave us really good tips about how to prepare and what to expect. He tried to get to know us before so he would know what to say on the wedding day and he nailed it. He had wonderful messages of love, so good, that my bow husband wants to watch our video to take notes on the things he said! We were so happy! Thank you, Pastor Ed!

Sent on 07/12/2017
  • Yvonne & Skyy

Yvonne · Married on 06/18/2017

Thank you Pastor Ed for a smooth ceremony! I was running late and Pastor Ed came up to my dressing room to make sure he knew what we wanted. The ceremony was held in extreme heat but Pastor Ed kept up the mood up and had us smiling despite the weather. Thank you very much for being our officiant!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Monique · Married on 07/30/2016

Pastor Ed was great. He really made me and my husband feel comfortable. Our guest were entertained as he was rather witty. Our ceremony was perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Pastor Ed was provided to us as a part of our wedding package at Bear’s Best and we were very appreciative of his service. He met with us prior to our wedding to get a feel for who we were and had us fill out a detailed questionnaire asking us questions about one another and why we wanted to get married.

We were a little confused about the questionnaire because he did not make mention of it during our meeting, but we were quite surprised that he used our words to develop a highly meaningful and personalized talk at the ceremony. He captured our feelings for one another beautifully, and many of our guests were impressed by how well he seemed to know us given our limited interaction with him. Pastor Ed also asked the right questions about what type of ceremony we wanted and delivered perfectly on our requests.

We would highly recommend Pastor Ed to anyone looking for a ceremony that is customized to the couple’s needs.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Michael and Siba · Married on 11/16/2014

We met with Pastor Ed before the wedding and he made us feel right at home. Like we knew him for years.

He did a great job. He will be forever remembered as being a very special part of our wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2014

JR · Married on 07/05/2014

Pastor Ed was great and met my wife and I for coffee the day before our wedding so he could get a feel for the two of us and to talk about how to make this day as special as possible for my wife. The way he views love and how seriously he takes the commitment of marriage is really cool to hear right before your big day. He took care of our license and everything very quickly afterwards and there were no issues at all. Pastor Ed interacted very respecfully with our families who attended. He was a great addition to our wedding and helped make our day as special as it was. Highly recommend him if you are looking for a officiant.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Vanessa · Married on 06/21/2014

Pastor Bruning was very professional, but most importantly, he was a genuinely kind and caring person. He helped us tailor our out of town ceremony with a meeting before hand. He asked us questions about ourselves and how we met and tied those in to our wedding. He also helped us with the after wedding paperwork in a timely matter. We really loved having him, and would recommend Pastor Bruning to all.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Tracy · Married on 06/09/2013

He was amazing!! We had our ceremony at the Palms Place Pool outside and it went great! He was very sweet and everyone commented on how much they loved him and the ceremony. Guests said it was one of the best they have ever seen. I would highly recommend him! We are so happy we found him!!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Diane · Married on 11/11/2011

My husband and I were married by Pastor Ed in the backyard of a mansion in Las Vegas. He was absolutely wonderful!!! We truly appreciate Pastor Ed's professionalism as we found a lot of wedding officiants that were cheesy and unprofessional. We wanted an intimate setting with a memorable ceremony and Pastor Ed conducted the ceremony beautifully. He made us feel as though we have always been a part of his congregation and that was extremely important to us. I can't thank you enough Pastor Ed for making our day so special. Our family and friends truly loved you as well and couldn't believe we were so lucky to have found you. I will most definitely refer my friends, family and anyone looking to get married or renew their vows in Las Vegas.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Christine · Married on 10/08/2011

Pastor Ed was awesome. He made everyone laugh a little and cry a little. Exactly what we wanted! The words he chose was beautiful...everyone was moved.

Sent on 11/07/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/16/2011

Pastor Ed was fantastic!
    He made us feel comfortable, and made the ceremony unique to us and who we are.
    He thought of all the little things that make it just perfect!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Chad · Married on 04/23/2011

It is never easy to plan a wedding from out of town since you have never met the people/vendors you'll be dealing with. I cannot be more pleased with our selection of the wedding officiant. Pastor Ed Bruning customized our ceremony to make it seem like he had known us for many years. My fiancee and I filled out a short questionnaire about ourselves several weeks before the wedding and Pastor Ed was able to beautifully weave the information into our ceremony to make it seem like we were getting married in our home church. Our family and friends who came to Las Vegas for the wedding were all very impressed by his ceremony and remarked that we couldn't have found a better officiant. He truly made our day memorable! In addition, Pastor Ed changed his schedule to make himself available for our ceremony and we will be forever grateful for his role in our special day. If you're looking to get married at a location away from the Las Vegas Strip and want to avoid an "in and out" canned ceremony, you should look no further than Pastor Ed Bruning/Casual Elegance.

Sent on 08/04/2011
  • Greyash

Ashley · Married on 03/12/2011

Rev. Bruning was amazing. He took into account both mine and my husbands personalities and made our ceremony, beautiful! He gave a very special prayer we asked to include and when we had an accident with the sand ceremony he rolled with it. It was such a beautiful ceremony, I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great man to officiate for you.

Sent on 03/18/2011

Sarelle · Married on 08/21/2010

Planning a wedding from a distance can be a challenge. However, from the first meeting with Pastor Bruning, I knew he was the officiant for our ceremony. He was calming, reassuring and extremely helpful about the entire process. Prior to the ceremony, he visited my husband-to-be and I separately offering words of encouragement for the day. During the ceremony, he delivered as he promises by not delivering a canned ceremony. Our ceremony was unique to us and the humor interjected by Pastor Bruning was perfect. Casual Elegance is the perfect name for his business as that is what he delivers.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Peggy · Married on 10/01/2017

We loved Pastor Ed. The ceremony was very personal and he made it all about us. He was able to use humor to put us at ease. Our guest enjoyed the service and it meant a lot to us. He did leave out where we were going to say a few words to each other but it did not hamper the ceremony for us. I would highly recommend Pastor Ed.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/23/2013

Pastor Ed was our Officiant for our wedding at Bear's Best. We met with him once when we were in town visiting from Indiana, and he was nothing but professional, everything I would expect from an Officiant. After we left Las Vegas, I did not have his information so I had to search for him on line to send him an email, and he never sent me a follow up message as well. I did not hear from him for a few months, up until I had contacted him again right before our wedding because there was one verse that we wanted in our vows. Once he finally got our message/email, he valued our wishes and put them in our vows. With all the craziness of the wedding planning with it being a non denominational wedding my officiant wasn't on the top of my worries, and Pastor Ed made it even more stress free. He also gives you an awesome packet to remind you of all the things you need to do to change your name, for free. The only thing I might have a slight issue with (and its not even an issue) is just the fact that he wedded my husband and I and I haven't heard from him since...its like he was a KEY factor in our wedding and haven't even heard from since...BUT like I said, it was non denominational wedding, so it is what it is.

Sent on 02/16/2014

3.0

Pastor Ed delivered a very heartfelt and sweet ceremony for my Husband and I. We were very happy with the ceremony and our guests were shocked to find out that we only had a few conversations with him because of how personalized and spot on the ceremony was to us. The questionnaire was really great because we filled them out separately and shared our responses with one another during our honeymoon and it was very special to have those written words to each other after the wedding was over. He was a little difficult to get a hold of sometimes and there was a confusion about our rehearsal, but we all had busy schedules and it all worked out in the end and we were very happy with our ceremony.

Sent on 10/07/2015
  • Finally Mrs. Crowell

Andrea · Married on 03/28/2015

3.0

We live out of state, so choosing a (stranger, essentially) to officiate our wedding initially made me nervous. The minute I spoke with Pastor Ed he calmed all of my anxieties. He's relatable, kind, has immense experience, and was able to really focus our ideas for what we wanted out of our ceremony. He made me a little nervous with regard to communication prior to the wedding (ie. answering emails), but ultimately we were very pleased with our decision. He made us feel like we'd spent hours upon hours getting to know him and as if he was privy to the ins and outs of our relationship from the beginning.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2018

0.5
      2.0

Pastor Ed was recommended by our venue. I read positive reviews online so I felt comfortable with this.
    I emailed Pastor Ed 6 months before our wedding...no response. I emailed again 2 months before our wedding...no response. Checked in with our coordinator and she said she'd reach out to him again and that we would receive a package 1 month before wedding to fill out separately so he can get to know us and cater the ceremony to us. 1 week before the wedding I emailed again...you guessed it, no response. Finally we received a call 2 days before the ceremony. He left a voicemail stating he thought he emailed us, "but in any case, I can cater the ceremony any way you'd like." I immediately called back, but no answer. I left a voicemail requesting a call back and to send the package via email because I never received anything-NO RESPONSE.
    The morning of our wedding we decided to stop stressing about the fact that Pastor Ed had been completely unresponsive - whatever was meant to be was meant to be.
    When we arrived at the venue, thankfully Pastor Ed was there! He said, "Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you, it's been a busy week." Not sure where the apology was for the past 6 months, but at this point I was so relieved we had an officiant, I didn't care.
    Pastor Ed asked me if there was anything we didn't want in the ceremony and if we were okay with humor. I told him we'd prefer a non-religious ceremony and that humor was fine. He then advised that we practice our first kiss before the moment. That was it. No further questions/discussion.
    I guess since Pastor Ed has been doing this for a long time, he is able to wing it. The entire ceremony he made stuff up saying "I spoke with the bride/groom about__ and they told me__". It all was lies, but at least it sounded good.
    The end of the ceremony he forgot my husbands name while introducing us as husband and wife and mumbled some random name.
    We're relaxed, easy going people, but this was unacceptable service

Sent on 06/27/2018