50 Reviews for Castorina Photography & Films

Destination / Travel (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Matted Prints (1)
Prints (1)

Castorina Photography & Films was great to work with. Marilyn and her assistant photographers were so nice and easy-going! The photos came out amazingly! I’m very excited about them. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

wow. what a wedding. I cant imagine any other photographer could have captured our day as special as Marilyn and her staff. After 3 wedding conventions we came across Castorina. I knew the minute we started talking to Marilyn that she was meant to do our wedding. She made our day fun and captured every moment of our wedding with great detail and professionalism. I would recommend her to any one looking for a real person to be there for you on your special day. Weddings are so commercialized these days you feel like a number or a ticket taker waiting in line for the next vendor. Marilyn made it feel like family and that we cant thank her enough for it!

Profile Picture Kurt, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints

Marilyn and her team were fantastic!! They were a pleasure to work with on our wedding day. They were fun to interact with but also behind the scenes when needed. A photographer is really the only vendor that will be by your side all day and Marilyn took charge, directing me when needed and helping keep us on schedule, but also being flexible when certain activities changed timelines throughout the day. We received our pictures back from Castorina FAST! They were absolutely beautiful and the team captured so many special moments from our big day. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Emma, 11/11/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Digital Files

I can't even begin to write how much I loved our wedding video. I actually had to watch the video so many times before I could write this review because of the tears wouldn't stop flowing. My wedding day was so incredibly hectic due to the weather resulting in change of plans and feeling stressed in general. The day felt like a blur as my mind was somewhere else instead of enjoying the moments. Watching the video brought back all the positive and joyous moment of that day which I seemed to have forgotten. The video experience was so powerful that it felt like I was transported back to that day and got to experience all the love, fun, energy without the stress. I can't recommend Castorina Photography and Films enough, They are incredibly professional, kind, fun and perfect for capturing the essence of anyone's special day. I had an Indian wedding which was an all day long affair and they captured perfectly all the essential moments. It was apparent from the final product how much Castorina films puts in their heart and soul and go out of their way to make the couple feel special. So many of my family and friends have complimented the video and others have mentioned that the production was so realistic that they felt like they were there with us. Thank you so much for the wedding video as it was more than anything I could have ever imagined and asked for. If I could I would choose you over and over again

Profile Picture Sanchita, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words can not describe how wonderful it was to work with marilyn and her team. They got every shot I wanted and more. I would recommendher a thousand times over and will use her for all family photos.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
2.2

Okay, so I am not one for bad reviews as everyone has bad days, BUT we hired castorina for the best day of our lives and even broke our budget because they seemed like it was worth it. So we paid half of the full payment knowing we wouldnt get it back.. mistake 1. When we scheduled with them and met in person i told them that my husband played hockey growing up and we wanted half of the photos at the ellenton rink and then other half at gamble plantation. They seemed so excited. Heres where our frustation began. We were never able to find the "right" time for them to meet at the rink so we had to have someone else do those photos. Okay strike 1. Then after weeks of waiting days to respond to schedule our shoot we got it scheduled and instead of the gamble plantation and rink we decided on another park with water as our second location. Halfway thru the gamble mansion marilyn and her assistant made it seem like it would be a pain for them to try to make it to the 2nd location. Strike 2! So we stuck it out at the gamble mansion. She was more focused on her assistant than on us and we tried to let it go. Well then our pictures came back and out of almost 200 i liked about 8. The key things they should be looking for and we even asked them messed up many photos. My shirt would be all wrinkled or the collar would pop up. The pictures made me seem like i gained about 15lbs and that was other people saying that to me. So not only were we upset with our photos, we didnt get her to take our pictures at the rink, AND we never made it up to our backup 2nd location. So ultimately we decided they were not the right crew to document our big day and canceled our contract. Not trying to take away from the gorgeous pictures but they are overpriced and not very easy to work with.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jade, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Where do I begin, our experience with Castorina Photography and Cinematography from start to finish was amazing and stress free. Our photos from both the engagement shoot and our wedding were incredibly stunning, true works of art. They captured a variety of photos to display every moment of LOVE on our day. The team was so professional and organized we were confident that our day would be absolutely seamless and perfect. We HIGHLY recommend Castorina Photography and Cinematography to everyone in the Tampa Bay area. Thank you so much Marilyn, Micah and the entire Castorina team for creating lasting memories and capturing the most beautiful day of our lives. Akeem and JaRhonda

Profile Picture A, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Castorina Photography captured our day with class and elegance! I was so happy they talked us into doing the video. Between the amazing photos and the absolutely superb video we were left with memories to last a life time!

Photo for Castorina Photography & Films Review - The sun was perfect!
Photo for Castorina Photography & Films Review - Waterfall Stanley Hotel
Photos
Photo for Castorina Photography & Films Review - Stanley Hotel
Photo for Castorina Photography & Films Review - Bridesmaids
Photo for Castorina Photography & Films Review - Lightning is great
Photo for Castorina Photography & Films Review - How beautiful are the colors in this picture?!
Profile Picture Karri, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives

I gave Castorina Photography & Films a 5/5 because they truly are one of the best photographers we have ever worked with. They made us feel comfortable through all of the shots, were very easy to talk/work with, and they have an exceptional eye for detail that is so hard to find. Out of all our photos there were rarely any that we didn't like and all of them captured our wedding beautifully with a great story to tell. I would definitely recommend Marilyn and her team for any weddings/engagements shoots. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Amy, 1/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Marilyn and her team did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! She was very organized and helped me develop a timeline for the before shots. Everyone was very friendly that day even when things and people weren't cooperating! Marilyn also adapted to situations (like when the park we wanted to take pictures in was unavailable she plopped us in some bushes which sounds odd but actually looked great). The pictures are beautiful too. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Dianne, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Excellent service, great work and really fun to work with. Two thumbs way up!

Profile Picture User6521889, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

Marilyn is amazing at what she does! She has such an artistic eye and knows exactly what she is looking for in a great shot. She was very helpful throughout the entire planning process and with organizing the wedding day timeline. Leading up to the wedding day, it was great to meet with Marilyn to discuss our options and we were able to get to know her by doing our engagement shoot. Marilyn and her staff were very professional, extremely helpful, and simply wonderful on our wedding day. Marilyn even helped me touch up my makeup before the reception! I felt like she was a family member! I highly recommend Castorina Photography. We loved working with them!

Profile Picture Anita, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

Marilyn Castorina and her team from Castorina Photography we're amazing to work with! We have the most beautiful photos from our wedding day, and we can't thank them enough for capturing every special moment that day! Marilyn and her team made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole day! During those very special and personal moments, they maintained superb professionalism! We couldn't be happier with the services she provided leading up to the wedding, during the wedding and after the big day! I highly recommend Marilyn Castorina for your photography, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/30/16, 2 Reviews
3.0

Marilyn was nice and seemed to be knowledgable about photography during our session. However we were disappointed in the quality of our photographs we received. She also took 2-3 days to respond.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Marilyn and Micah have an uncanny ability to not only capture the perfect shot but to create it. The combination of their artistic eye and amazing personalities cannot be beat! Absolutely a blessing to work with and definitely one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. Castorina Photography and Films is the definition of photographic artists!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/19/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Photography

There literally aren't enough words to describe the talents and abilities of Marilyn and Micah and their crew at Castorina Photography and Films. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with them not only for our wedding day photography and cinematography, but also our engagement shoot and love story video. Beautiful, stunning, artistic, captivating, professional, absolutely surreal! Not only did they capture the most beautiful moments, but they created them, directing the day and making sure everything was in place for the perfect shot. We are beyond blessed to have been able to work with Marilyn and Micah and cannot stress enough how in LOVE we are with their work. Easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Thank you so much for being amazing in every single way!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow

Marilyn did a great job with our photos for our wedding and engagement. She has helped create memories that we will cherish forever. Her ability to capture images "in the moment" is impeccable.

Profile Picture Stacey, 3/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

When searching for a wedding photographer we wanted someone who had creative shots and was easy to work with. The drone video first caught our eye then looked at the pictures and felt like the value was there. We also loved their style. The videography, the pictures, and even the album styles made us love Castorina Photography.

They were very easy to work with, professional, and flexible. They were absolutely amazing. Even from our engagement photos they had their best interest for us to get the best shots. They climbed and balanced on top of jagged rocks just to get that perfect shot. Even during our wedding they arrived early and got shots of the property, and stayed with us after the wedding to get more photos! They helped us stay organized along the way of wedding planning to allow a time-frame for the photos and videos that we wanted. Everything turned out beautiful, and we are very impressed with our photos and their quality of service provided. Love their team and their work!

Profile Picture Katelynn, 1/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

What more can I say. They were amazing. We received so many compliments on our wedding photos. They have a certain style, but are open to suggestions and feedback. My mom and sister-in-law noted how dedicated the team was to ensuring we had the right shot angle. It was a long Indian wedding and they were perfect in every way!

Profile Picture Binny , 11/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

My new husband and I highly recommend Castorina Photography.
They are polite, professional and provide a calm and relaxing attitude on a day that is truly hectic. I was so happy with how our pictures turned out and couldn't believe how they captured our feelings in the pictures without being pushy for poses. Marilyn and Micah are two of the kindest professional photographers I have met and if you are still looking for your photographer vendor, I would look any further than Castorina Photography.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Marilyn and her husband were absolutely amazing! Definitely one of our most involved vendors! The day went so smooth, even though we were running so late the entire evening. They adapted the timelines and still got every picture we wanted! Plus tons that we couldn't have even thought of to ask for! Even after the big day, they have still been so helpful with getting us our photos, prints, and album design! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Sydney, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files

My wedding pictures and video came out absolutely perfect! They are better than I could have ever imagined!! Thank you Castorina Photography for capturing these very special moments and creating such a beautiful video! Im extremely impressed! You are all very talented!

I would highly recommend them for anyone who is looking for quality. Your wedding video and photos are going to last a lifetime. Not only is the staff personable, they are also extremely easy to work with. If you're looking for everything to go smoothly on your wedding day then It's definitely worth the investment to choose Castorina Photography.

Profile Picture Dominique, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

We love our photos!!! Would recommend her for any event!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Choosing someone for photography/Video for our wedding was probably the most important decision we made, being these will be the people who will capture the best day of our life. We saw many other photographers portfolio prior and worked with another for our engagement photos. When we saw the photos and video from Marilyn and Micah, we were sold on the spot. The lead up to the wedding and talking with them was great. We had some big freak out moments pre wedding about certain things and they answered all our questions and put us at ease. They were out of the country for a week or more, and responded to all our emails while they were away in a very timely manner. Now I must say, these guys busted their butts the day of the wedding, and went above and WAY beyond the duties of a photographer and cinematographer. The photos they took are BREATHTAKING. I mean magazine material, like photos you would see to advertise wedding dresses, or tuxedos. They captured our day PERFECTLY and am SO glad we chose them and would happily recommend them to any other couple. These guys have the eye for AMAZING photos. We have not seen the video yet, but I am not going to lie, I know its going to be just as perfect based on how they worked the day of the wedding. BOOK THEM FOR YOUR PHOTOS!!!!!! You will not be disappointed and they are worth literally every penny! I cannot intelligently put into words the quality of their work. I am an artist myself so I am VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY picky about this kind of thing and I know who is good and who is just your average joe taking a photo of you. They are truly amazing, I cannot say enough about them. Don't waste your time with anyone else.

Profile Picture User5477011, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We found it helpful to take Marilyn to the site prior to the wedding to review the areas we wanted to be photographed. We found Marilyn and Micah to be professional and committed to executing our vision for our wedding.

Profile Picture User5507641, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews