Castorina Photography & Films Reviews

58 | Saint Petersburg, FL

58 Reviews for Castorina Photography & Films

Excellent service, great work and really fun to work with. Two thumbs way up!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Anita · Married on 10/01/2016

Marilyn is amazing at what she does! She has such an artistic eye and knows exactly what she is looking for in a great shot. She was very helpful throughout the entire planning process and with organizing the wedding day timeline. Leading up to the wedding day, it was great to meet with Marilyn to discuss our options and we were able to get to know her by doing our engagement shoot. Marilyn and her staff were very professional, extremely helpful, and simply wonderful on our wedding day. Marilyn even helped me touch up my makeup before the reception! I felt like she was a family member! I highly recommend Castorina Photography. We loved working with them!

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/23/2015

3.5

They are very understanding of your budget and will give you great product for your service. They also offer you a dick with your photo to get the printing done. I will use them in the future for any event that I have coming up.

Sent on 07/25/2015

K · Married on 12/03/2018

Modern, Cinematic Photography

Marilyn Castorina was recommended to my by one of my former high school classmates. I trusted her recommendation as we are graduates of a visual and performing arts high school and a have a flair for a more classic style. Once I saw Marilyn's photos and visited her studio(not an in home studio!), I knew that I would hire her. I also noticed that she was the photographer for a couple that attended my alma marter(their wedding photo album is one that Marilyn uses as an example of her work)! I guess we all have good taste! Her prices are reasonable compared to other photographers in the Tampa Bay area. She did the photos for our wedding day and engagement photo shoot. She is not afraid to tell folks in the background to get out of a shot and she is great at directing folks in the bridal party.

Sent on 12/21/2018

Christine · Married on 05/20/2018

Castorina Photography & Films was great to work with. Marilyn and her assistant photographers were so nice and easy-going! The photos came out amazingly! I’m very excited about them. Thank you again!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Stacey · Married on 03/17/2016

Marilyn did a great job with our photos for our wedding and engagement. She has helped create memories that we will cherish forever. Her ability to capture images "in the moment" is impeccable.

Sent on 04/24/2016

3.0

Marilyn was nice and seemed to be knowledgable about photography during our session. However we were disappointed in the quality of our photographs we received. She also took 2-3 days to respond.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Jade · Married on 10/13/2017

2.2
      3.5
      2.0
      0.5
      2.0

Okay, so I am not one for bad reviews as everyone has bad days, BUT we hired castorina for the best day of our lives and even broke our budget because they seemed like it was worth it. So we paid half of the full payment knowing we wouldnt get it back.. mistake 1. When we scheduled with them and met in person i told them that my husband played hockey growing up and we wanted half of the photos at the ellenton rink and then other half at gamble plantation. They seemed so excited. Heres where our frustation began. We were never able to find the "right" time for them to meet at the rink so we had to have someone else do those photos. Okay strike 1. Then after weeks of waiting days to respond to schedule our shoot we got it scheduled and instead of the gamble plantation and rink we decided on another park with water as our second location. Halfway thru the gamble mansion marilyn and her assistant made it seem like it would be a pain for them to try to make it to the 2nd location. Strike 2! So we stuck it out at the gamble mansion. She was more focused on her assistant than on us and we tried to let it go. Well then our pictures came back and out of almost 200 i liked about 8. The key things they should be looking for and we even asked them messed up many photos. My shirt would be all wrinkled or the collar would pop up. The pictures made me seem like i gained about 15lbs and that was other people saying that to me. So not only were we upset with our photos, we didnt get her to take our pictures at the rink, AND we never made it up to our backup 2nd location. So ultimately we decided they were not the right crew to document our big day and canceled our contract. Not trying to take away from the gorgeous pictures but they are overpriced and not very easy to work with.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Castorina Photography & Films's reply:

We pride ourselves not only in producing great work but also our good relationship and dealings with our clients. I felt it necessary to respond to this review only because I don’t feel it is honest and fair. 1-For months you were in contact with the rink to get a date from them and it was one problem after another, NOT with us. We were open and willing from the very beginning. Our only request was not to do a Wednesday and unfortunately that was the day the rink said would work 2- We never thought it was a pain to leave to a second location. I’m sorry if it came across that way. Ee all (not including my assistant) talked about the second location and after realizing that it is also a park and would give us the same look in a photo as well as the time to drive there wouldn’t be worth it cutting into the time left for the session. 3- My assistant was there to solely watch and learn. Never once did my assistant take me away from working 4- On average I give 70 images. We spent quality time with the two of you, enough to produce a great number more of photos than normal. We actually spent more time than our normal 1 1/2 hours. I always tell my couples that out of a session to expect to like 5-10 that they would want a print of or use for the wedding. This is because of the similarities between shots. Mulitiple shots in a style or pose.
    We even talked at the end about you hiring us to do video for you. You both were smiles and seemed happy. I’m sorry that you were greatly disappointed with us, enough for you to cancel our service. However after this happened we are happy that you did cancel us because there is nothing worse than being unhappy with your wedding photos. I hope your new hire gave you the photos you were happy with. Your day is special and you should be happy with everyone you hire.