31 Reviews for Casino San Clemente

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
30 Casino San Clemente Reviews

My daughter was married September 1st at the Casino in San Clemente. It was the wedding and venue of her dreams. I had researched every single venue in the Orange County and Temecula area. However, I had a feeling it would be the one. It was the only venue that she and her now-husband visited and they knew within minutes that it was the one. It is very unique, unlike any other venue in the area. It has 2 outdoor areas (The Rock Garden and Patio of the Stars) and a Grand Ballroom. We rented all three and it allowed our guests to roam throughout the venue and enjoy 2 outdoor fireplaces with sitting areas, as well as the music and dance floor in the ballroom. It was absolutely perfection. Plus it has a view of the ocean!
I have to also mention that if you book the Casino, you will have an experience unlike any other. Jill, the venue coordinator and all of the vendors that work at the Casino are exceptional in every way. It is a very personal and special experience; unlike a wedding in a country club setting. I can honestly say we will miss interacting with them! They will truly give you a wedding beyond your dreams.

Profile Picture Pam, 9/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Casino is the perfect wedding venue and I am so happy we had our wedding here! My husband and I were married at the Casino two weeks ago and had the best experience possible. So many of our guests commented about how great the venue was- beautiful, historic, great location, and convenient! The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception are all held on the property so guests can seamlessly walk from one location to the next and had access to roam the three areas for the entire night. The staff were great all throughout the planing process and Jill was great to work with! My husband and I toured dozens of wedding venues before coming to the Casino, and none of them even came close. Both of our parents have told us they are so happy we picked this venue, and we completely agree.

Profile Picture Sia, 6/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

The Casino was the perfect wedding venue. All recommended vendors are amazing, and the Casino staff were very supportive and easy to work with. Amazing venue, not only for weddings, but any large event. Will definitely have an anniversary celebration there!!

Profile Picture User6537927, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The casino is an amazing historic, vintage ballroom location for any wedding/special occasion. It was perfect for my fiancé and I because it's only a block or so away from the beach but has the elegance I envision for our wedding day. The only reason I gave a 3.5 stars for flexibility is because it is an historic site that they want to preserve for a long time, so there are some rules and restrictions for keeping it that way. Plus if you have a weekend wedding they are more particular about what vendors you can use. If you want more flexibility in selection vendors try for a weekday event. Not only is it more affordable, but you have more options in vendors and more negotiating power. I would highly recommend the Casino for anyone who dreamed of getting married by the beach, but still wants a formal affair.

Oh another plus, when you book your day, you get the entire day to set up/ get ready. Which will enable a more relaxing vibe. Many other venues I looked at only allow a half day rental, which when it comes to set up and getting ready can be really stressful. Plus there is an adorable bridal suite you can use starting at 10:30am!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/3/15, 13 Reviews
4.1

Please read all rules and RESTRICTIONS before signing your contract

Profile Picture Pete, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Micki is amazing! She has been so helpful throughout the whole process!

I highly recommend this venue for the view and the value!

We picked this venue because it's a all in one venue for ceremony cocktail and reception and Steps from beach! Also best price for weekday wedding.

Profile Picture User4436131, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.0

I wish I could say that the customer service was as excellent as others have experienced here. Being a long distance bride, we were relying on clear communication from the Casino's coordinators.

In starting to plan to book, there was miscommunication from the start between how the venue worded things to family members and how it was worded to me on the phone. We ended up having to change our wedding date to accommodate their Saturday Buy-Out policy. When we booked in March 2014, I had high hopes after personally visiting the venue and signing the papers. We started working with one coordinator who told us a lot of things about when we could access the venue before the wedding day, how we could adapt our contract, extend hours, etc.

Mid-way through our wedding planning, the coordinator stopped responding and it was well over a month before I heard back from a new coordinator responding to my non-urgent question. This change in management led to even more miscommunication as to what was promised by the previous coordinator. Even with the new coordinator, our contract was not carefully reviewed for which rooms we had reserved. I was even told that the room I had chosen was supposed to have a construction project going on. These are not issues that a confirmed bride should even have to deal with. Most items seemed to be blamed on the previous coordinator, but not really rectified. It just felt like a lot of butting heads towards the end.

I'm a very DIY person and a DIY bride. Getting the coordinator to understand that sometimes seemed challenging. The week of the wedding, yet another coordinator stood in, and luckily she was SUPER easy to work with. I wish she had been involved since day 1.

My advice is get everything you say in writing, ask for a contingency plan, work out as many details as possible and get it confirmed ahead of time. Great venue, but still has some customer service to work on.

Profile Picture Kim, 2/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue made our wedding day! The flow from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was amazing and all the guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! The staff was extremely helpful throughout the process and was so accommodating on our wedding day! We would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture User5241646, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the Casino San Clemente in late November, and it was absolutely perfect. This venue is a special gem in Southern California. Our guests (many of whom were from out of town) raved about the character and old-Hollywood glamour of the historic space, and loved the fact they could enjoy the sun setting over the ocean during the cocktail hour. It was so convenient having the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at the same venue and with each event in their own unique space. The Rock Garden, where we had our ceremony, has this amazing adobe fireplace as your ceremony backdrop, and there are already bistro lights hung, illuminating the space. The Patio of the Stars is a charming courtyard with views of the ocean, and the Ball Room is NOT your typical event space. It has this vast, honeycomb ceiling which, if you spring for a great lighting package by Crown Five (which I highly recommend) the room absolutely glows! The staff at the casino is on-point, and I think you get great bang for your buck at this venue since all the ceremony and reception chairs, tables, wicker patio furniture, and decorative Restoration Hardware-esque furniture are ALL included. We did not have to rent a single piece of furniture which was AWESOME. Thanks again to Micki and the Casino for an unforgettable wedding day and night!

Profile Picture User3637189, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the BEST wedding venue!! The Casino is the most beautiful place to have your wedding....the rock garden, brick fireplaces, the patio of the stars which overlooks the ocean, the grand ballroom, the west wing to get ready in, the bride's room, the groom's room....everything was amazing! I have to say though that the one aspect that truly sealed the deal was their special event coordinator, Micki Marlow! She was a complete joy to work with....very easy going and willing to do anything to make our day so special!
Everyone was raving about how beautiful our venue was and what a secret treasure the Casino is, which is a perfect name for it! Our pictures came out beautifully not only because of our amazing photographer, Greg Wyatt, but because of our surroundings!
Go online and look up the Casino San Clemente but to be perfectly honest, the pictures don't do it justice....you HAVE TO/ NEED TO see the beauty in person!! :)
~ Extremely Happy Bride....Now Wife :)

Profile Picture Cara, 11/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Casino San Clemente was an absolutely perfect venue for our September wedding! It is located right by the ocean and just has this classy, historic, vintage, beach feel that we didn't find anywhere else! I worked with Micky and she was absolutely amazing!

We had our ceremony in the Rock Garden which if you have seen it is perfect the way it is and doesn't need any deco. Cocktail hour was in the Patio Of The Stars which our guests were able to see the sun set while enjoying food, drinks, a awesome fireplace and music. We then moved into the Ballroom which is unlike any ballroom I have seen. I'm not one for ballrooms but when you see this it doesn't feel like the typical ballroom with its amazing ceiling! We rocked the night away with a live band and threw in some fun things like glow sticks which were a fun surprise that the guests loved!

My husband and I wish we could do it all over again and we would absolutely choose the Casino!

Profile Picture Nicaela , 9/26/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was incredibly great. The staff were extremely helpful. It was awesome to be able to have the reception and the wedding take place at the same location and the reception area is truly conducive to a great party. Thanks to the Casino for making our dreams come true.

Profile Picture User3770120, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married here in July of 2014. This venue is absolutely gorgeous! I knew right upon walking in this was where I wanted my husband and I to get married. What's great about the Casino is that it already has such beautiful structure, so you don't need to spend that much on décor. The venue was a perfect design for our ceremony (Rock Garden), cocktail hour (Patio of the Stars), and reception (Grand Ballroom). We even rented out the West Wing in order to accommodate our buffet line and Photo Booth area. The parking is free (after 6pm) and its location is beachside so it made for some amazing photos. Our wedding was on a Friday so we were able to bring in an outside caterer, which worked out perfectly for our Persian buffet. Working with the venue manager Micki Marlow was a pleasure as well. She responds quickly to email inquiries and makes great budget-friendly recommendations. You really feel she wants the best for you on your wedding day. We are so happy with the decision we made to get married here.

Profile Picture Nahall, 7/18/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful Wedding Venue! Our guest were surprised to attend our daughters wedding in such a unique Spanish style venue located across from San Clemente Beach. Built in 1937, this landmark property provided just the ambience that my daughter and fiancé were looking for. The beautiful garden was the backdrop for the wedding, the front patio was great for drinks but the ballroom was beautiful for the reception.

Profile Picture User3373357, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue had everything we could ask for! We loved the ability to have a separate location for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception while not having guests have to change places. It was also so beautiful on it's own that we were able to save money on decorations. The service at the venue was also great. Since we live in LA, they let us come hang out all day on a weekend to get everything figured out and make sure we had everything covered. We also loved how close it was to the beach! It gave us the opportunity to take photos on the sand as well as in a garden setting. After all the weddings we have gone to this summer, ours was by far the easiest on guests as the hotel is walking distance to the venue. It also is in a great place for an amazing after party if you like dive bars since the bar sits right between the venue and the hotel. This was the first place we looked at and knew immediately that this was were we wanted to get married!

Profile Picture Erin, 3/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.3

We had our wedding at the Casino San Clemente on 10/25/13 and loved our day and how it turned out. The venue itself is beautiful. We held our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception here.

We had over 200 guests and there was plenty of room for everyone. Our guests were comfortable and raved about the uniqueness of the venue.

My only complaints were that there was a lot of managerial changes going on through the planning of our wedding, and our details were lost in the lurch. They did not coordinate with the caterer and there was a lot of added confusion.

Also, through your contract you are charged for security. However, they did not do their job. We had wedding crashers. Who really enjoyed our open bar and really liked our gift table. =( Security needed to pay attention. My uncle ended up removing the crashers.
It was very difficult to get in touch with anyone through their transition. However, on the day of our event was flawless. Thank you!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Monique, 10/25/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The old, historic Casino San Clemente, which includes the lovely Rock Garden where our ceremony was held, the Patio of the Stars, with an ocean view, where our cocktail reception took place and the Grand Ballroom where we rocked the night away, was all absolutely magical, in every sense! We got to take pictures at sunset on the sand and the whole thing was perfect for our "Vintage Wedding by the Sea" theme. Susie Sullivan is one of the best, most accommodating, patient and detailed oriented vendors I had on my team. She was truly a pleasure to work with and made sure I (the bride) was happy :) I received a considerable amount of praise from guests who loved this venue and I would highly recommend it! When we started our search for wedding venues, we walked in and instantly looked at each other saying, "this is it!" Absolutely spectacular!

Profile Picture Darcey, 10/11/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had the most incredible wedding here. Everything was perfect and everyone was so easy to work with. So happy with everything

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
4.7

Casino San Clemente is a perfect wedding venue right by the beach! We were able to rent out the whole venue and do the ceremony in the Rock Garden, Cocktail Hour in the Courtyard/West Wing and the Reception in the Ballroom and it was wonderful! So great to have everything in one place! I got so many compliments on how great the venue was! The only thing the ladies complained about was the the dirt/gravel ground in the Rock Garden (mostly my bridesmaids who walked down the aisle and got rocks in their shoes - as did I). But the Courtyard is a beautiful setting for cocktail hour and the ballroom is great for the reception. Staff was great, Kelly Roemer was the manager when I booked but then was replaced by Susie who was very sweet and answered emails quickly. The wedding went great and everyone had so much fun!

Profile Picture User3452210, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

Our daughter was married at Casino San Clemente on April 18, 2013. The venue was perfect for our celebration! With 95 guests, we used the Rock Garden for the 6:00 ceremony (the fireplace was lit and roaring), Patio of the Stars for the Cocktail Reception (fireplace was also blazing there) and the West Wing for dinner.

This is a classic venue - so beautiful. We used California Fresh Catering who provided an exceptional cocktail hour with Chef's Table and the sit down meal. Sadly, they weren't yet on the vendor list for The Casino, so we needed to pay a premium to use them as caterers. I would definitely use California Fresh again, and would very much like to see Casino change their policy toward this vendor. This is the main disadvantage I see (along with the fact that as of my daughter's wedding date there still was no water or refrigeration available for the catering service - something the California Fresh was happy to accommodate).

It was fantastic that Casino San Clemente had so much to offer, not just in terms of its classy setting, but also with the tables (cocktail, dining, buffet), portable bars, signboards, table numbers, teak furniture!

Thanks for such a beautiful venue!

Profile Picture Kathy, 4/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Selecting the casino San Clemente as our venue was one of the best ideas we have had! It's such a beautiful, quintessentially California building, with red tile roofs, white stucco walls and beautiful landscaping! The building is so beautiful it hardly needs any wedding decorations at all. One of the best things about the venue are all of the different options; they have 4 different areas to have a ceremony and/or reception in, and all of them are gorgeous. The staff is so sweet and helpful. We love this place, and are so happy we got married there.

Profile Picture Mikella, 4/18/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding in April 2013 at the Casino San Clemente and I could not be happier with the venue and the management team and staff.

The venue itself is beautiful and I loved the different spaces, and flow of my event from the ceremony in the rock garden to, cocktail hour on the patio of the stars with a peak ocean view, and the ballroom was beautiful for the reception. The venue itself has so much character and all the available furniture and little details fit perfectly with my shabby chic wedding theme.

Kelly, one of the managers, was great to work with. She was responsive, professional, flexible and really nice! She was a great person to work with and made all the details of the day run smoothly. The staff was also great at the venue and they helped make the day perfect.

We used the exclusive caterer Jay's and were very happy with them. They did an amazing job and knew the venue well. I would recommend working with Jack to get the lightning in the ballroom and on the patio of the stars perfect for your event.

There is not one thing I would change about the venue. I loved the setting and vibe, as well as the flow, the length of time you could rent the venue for, the location, the flexibility to bring in late night snacks and pretty much everything. I would definitely recommend this venue and working with the great managers and staff!

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/6/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at The Casino San Clemente in March 2013. The venue was a perfect fit for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The flow of the structure cannot be beat. The set-up and take-down of the event went flawlessly. The tables, chairs and exisitng decor added to the elegance of our wedding. I LOVED our venue and do it all over again.

Profile Picture User3205187, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is amazing! Fell in love with it the first time I walked in. Perfect location by the beach and everything is in one location. Price is reasonable and we had a really good time and all the staff are very pleasant to do business with. Loved it!!!!

Profile Picture Tara, 11/10/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I cannot say enough about the amazing experience that we had with The Casino San Clemente. Kelly at The Casino is AWESOME!!!! She helped us every step of the way. She made planning our Big Day fun and easy and sooooo exciting! The venue was BEAUTIFUL and perfect. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at The Casino and our day and night could not have been better! The staff at The Casino was professional and awesome. I am soooooo grateful for Kelly and her staff- they made our Big Day UNFORGETTABLE!!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/4/12, 7 Reviews