Casino San Clemente Reviews

35 | San Clemente, CA

35 Reviews for Casino San Clemente

35 Casino San Clemente Reviews

Shelby · Married on 08/25/2018

LOVED having our wedding at The Casino! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, with multiple rooms and locations inside and out to host the various parts of the event (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing), and also has incredible historical aspects that only add to the overall ambiance. It's also less than a block to the beach, making it ideal for pictures and setting. Their staff is wonderful to work with, and the overall fee includes so many things that would be extra at other locations (chairs, tables, carts, easels, etc.) it really is a good deal.

Brittany · Married on 05/12/2018

The Casino is an amazing place to get married. My fiance and I loved the versatility of the space they offer. The garden is gorgeous for the ceremony, the patio offers great views for cocktail hour, the ballroom can become basically anything you want for reception, and the beach and train tracks are wonderful for photos. So many places we considered had maybe one or two of those features, but the Casino is the only one that offers them all. Plus, it's completely private so no fear of "wedding crashing". I fell in love with the personality of the place, and how warm it is. If you're looking for a non-generic and sterile feeling wedding, I highly recommend the Casino San Clemente.

Naseam · Married on 04/20/2018

From the minute my husband and I walked into the Casino, we knew it was the place we needed to get married. It's beautiful and allows you to use a different space for each component of your wedding. Jill and her team were wonderful to us every step of the way and our wedding was a dream come true. Cocktail hour was especially my favorite in the patio of the stars. The value, the beauty, the professionalism of the staff was simply amazing!

Pam · Married on 09/01/2017

My daughter was married September 1st at the Casino in San Clemente. It was the wedding and venue of her dreams. I had researched every single venue in the Orange County and Temecula area. However, I had a feeling it would be the one. It was the only venue that she and her now-husband visited and they knew within minutes that it was the one. It is very unique, unlike any other venue in the area. It has 2 outdoor areas (The Rock Garden and Patio of the Stars) and a Grand Ballroom. We rented all three and it allowed our guests to roam throughout the venue and enjoy 2 outdoor fireplaces with sitting areas, as well as the music and dance floor in the ballroom. It was absolutely perfection. Plus it has a view of the ocean!
    I have to also mention that if you book the Casino, you will have an experience unlike any other. Jill, the venue coordinator and all of the vendors that work at the Casino are exceptional in every way. It is a very personal and special experience; unlike a wedding in a country club setting. I can honestly say we will miss interacting with them! They will truly give you a wedding beyond your dreams.

Sia · Married on 06/10/2016

The Casino is the perfect wedding venue and I am so happy we had our wedding here! My husband and I were married at the Casino two weeks ago and had the best experience possible. So many of our guests commented about how great the venue was- beautiful, historic, great location, and convenient! The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception are all held on the property so guests can seamlessly walk from one location to the next and had access to roam the three areas for the entire night. The staff were great all throughout the planing process and Jill was great to work with! My husband and I toured dozens of wedding venues before coming to the Casino, and none of them even came close. Both of our parents have told us they are so happy we picked this venue, and we completely agree.

Micki is amazing! She has been so helpful throughout the whole process!

I highly recommend this venue for the view and the value!

We picked this venue because it's a all in one venue for ceremony cocktail and reception and Steps from beach! Also best price for weekday wedding.

This venue made our wedding day! The flow from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was amazing and all the guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! The staff was extremely helpful throughout the process and was so accommodating on our wedding day! We would highly recommend this venue!

We got married at the Casino San Clemente in late November, and it was absolutely perfect. This venue is a special gem in Southern California. Our guests (many of whom were from out of town) raved about the character and old-Hollywood glamour of the historic space, and loved the fact they could enjoy the sun setting over the ocean during the cocktail hour. It was so convenient having the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at the same venue and with each event in their own unique space. The Rock Garden, where we had our ceremony, has this amazing adobe fireplace as your ceremony backdrop, and there are already bistro lights hung, illuminating the space. The Patio of the Stars is a charming courtyard with views of the ocean, and the Ball Room is NOT your typical event space. It has this vast, honeycomb ceiling which, if you spring for a great lighting package by Crown Five (which I highly recommend) the room absolutely glows! The staff at the casino is on-point, and I think you get great bang for your buck at this venue since all the ceremony and reception chairs, tables, wicker patio furniture, and decorative Restoration Hardware-esque furniture are ALL included. We did not have to rent a single piece of furniture which was AWESOME. Thanks again to Micki and the Casino for an unforgettable wedding day and night!

Cara · Married on 11/14/2014

We had the BEST wedding venue!! The Casino is the most beautiful place to have your wedding....the rock garden, brick fireplaces, the patio of the stars which overlooks the ocean, the grand ballroom, the west wing to get ready in, the bride's room, the groom's room....everything was amazing! I have to say though that the one aspect that truly sealed the deal was their special event coordinator, Micki Marlow! She was a complete joy to work with....very easy going and willing to do anything to make our day so special!
    Everyone was raving about how beautiful our venue was and what a secret treasure the Casino is, which is a perfect name for it! Our pictures came out beautifully not only because of our amazing photographer, Greg Wyatt, but because of our surroundings!
    Go online and look up the Casino San Clemente but to be perfectly honest, the pictures don't do it justice....you HAVE TO/ NEED TO see the beauty in person!! :)
    ~ Extremely Happy Bride....Now Wife :)

Nicaela · Married on 09/26/2014

The Casino San Clemente was an absolutely perfect venue for our September wedding! It is located right by the ocean and just has this classy, historic, vintage, beach feel that we didn't find anywhere else! I worked with Micky and she was absolutely amazing!

We had our ceremony in the Rock Garden which if you have seen it is perfect the way it is and doesn't need any deco. Cocktail hour was in the Patio Of The Stars which our guests were able to see the sun set while enjoying food, drinks, a awesome fireplace and music. We then moved into the Ballroom which is unlike any ballroom I have seen. I'm not one for ballrooms but when you see this it doesn't feel like the typical ballroom with its amazing ceiling! We rocked the night away with a live band and threw in some fun things like glow sticks which were a fun surprise that the guests loved!

My husband and I wish we could do it all over again and we would absolutely choose the Casino!

This venue was incredibly great. The staff were extremely helpful. It was awesome to be able to have the reception and the wedding take place at the same location and the reception area is truly conducive to a great party. Thanks to the Casino for making our dreams come true.

Nahall · Married on 07/18/2014

We got married here in July of 2014. This venue is absolutely gorgeous! I knew right upon walking in this was where I wanted my husband and I to get married. What's great about the Casino is that it already has such beautiful structure, so you don't need to spend that much on décor. The venue was a perfect design for our ceremony (Rock Garden), cocktail hour (Patio of the Stars), and reception (Grand Ballroom). We even rented out the West Wing in order to accommodate our buffet line and Photo Booth area. The parking is free (after 6pm) and its location is beachside so it made for some amazing photos. Our wedding was on a Friday so we were able to bring in an outside caterer, which worked out perfectly for our Persian buffet. Working with the venue manager Micki Marlow was a pleasure as well. She responds quickly to email inquiries and makes great budget-friendly recommendations. You really feel she wants the best for you on your wedding day. We are so happy with the decision we made to get married here.

Erin · Married on 03/23/2014

This venue had everything we could ask for! We loved the ability to have a separate location for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception while not having guests have to change places. It was also so beautiful on it's own that we were able to save money on decorations. The service at the venue was also great. Since we live in LA, they let us come hang out all day on a weekend to get everything figured out and make sure we had everything covered. We also loved how close it was to the beach! It gave us the opportunity to take photos on the sand as well as in a garden setting. After all the weddings we have gone to this summer, ours was by far the easiest on guests as the hotel is walking distance to the venue. It also is in a great place for an amazing after party if you like dive bars since the bar sits right between the venue and the hotel. This was the first place we looked at and knew immediately that this was were we wanted to get married!

Darcey · Married on 10/11/2013

The old, historic Casino San Clemente, which includes the lovely Rock Garden where our ceremony was held, the Patio of the Stars, with an ocean view, where our cocktail reception took place and the Grand Ballroom where we rocked the night away, was all absolutely magical, in every sense! We got to take pictures at sunset on the sand and the whole thing was perfect for our "Vintage Wedding by the Sea" theme. Susie Sullivan is one of the best, most accommodating, patient and detailed oriented vendors I had on my team. She was truly a pleasure to work with and made sure I (the bride) was happy :) I received a considerable amount of praise from guests who loved this venue and I would highly recommend it! When we started our search for wedding venues, we walked in and instantly looked at each other saying, "this is it!" Absolutely spectacular!

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2013

Had the most incredible wedding here. Everything was perfect and everyone was so easy to work with. So happy with everything

Mikella · Married on 04/18/2013

Selecting the casino San Clemente as our venue was one of the best ideas we have had! It's such a beautiful, quintessentially California building, with red tile roofs, white stucco walls and beautiful landscaping! The building is so beautiful it hardly needs any wedding decorations at all. One of the best things about the venue are all of the different options; they have 4 different areas to have a ceremony and/or reception in, and all of them are gorgeous. The staff is so sweet and helpful. We love this place, and are so happy we got married there.

Brittany · Married on 04/06/2013

I had my wedding in April 2013 at the Casino San Clemente and I could not be happier with the venue and the management team and staff.

The venue itself is beautiful and I loved the different spaces, and flow of my event from the ceremony in the rock garden to, cocktail hour on the patio of the stars with a peak ocean view, and the ballroom was beautiful for the reception. The venue itself has so much character and all the available furniture and little details fit perfectly with my shabby chic wedding theme.

Kelly, one of the managers, was great to work with. She was responsive, professional, flexible and really nice! She was a great person to work with and made all the details of the day run smoothly. The staff was also great at the venue and they helped make the day perfect.

We used the exclusive caterer Jay's and were very happy with them. They did an amazing job and knew the venue well. I would recommend working with Jack to get the lightning in the ballroom and on the patio of the stars perfect for your event.

There is not one thing I would change about the venue. I loved the setting and vibe, as well as the flow, the length of time you could rent the venue for, the location, the flexibility to bring in late night snacks and pretty much everything. I would definitely recommend this venue and working with the great managers and staff!

Tara · Married on 11/10/2012

This place is amazing! Fell in love with it the first time I walked in. Perfect location by the beach and everything is in one location. Price is reasonable and we had a really good time and all the staff are very pleasant to do business with. Loved it!!!!

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 07/04/2012

I cannot say enough about the amazing experience that we had with The Casino San Clemente. Kelly at The Casino is AWESOME!!!! She helped us every step of the way. She made planning our Big Day fun and easy and sooooo exciting! The venue was BEAUTIFUL and perfect. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at The Casino and our day and night could not have been better! The staff at The Casino was professional and awesome. I am soooooo grateful for Kelly and her staff- they made our Big Day UNFORGETTABLE!!!

• Deanna

Deanna · Married on 11/11/2011

The Casino San Clemente is a beautiful venue. If you want to have an intimate feel to your wedding, this is the place. Kelly and The Casino San Clemente staff are wonderful to work with. They are very helpful and provide great suggestions on having a wonderful event. They also rent audio visual and sound system equipment.

The venue is located in the beach community of San Clemente. It's an historic building which was recently renovated. It has charm and a vintage feel to it. I would recommend this venue to any of my friends.

Stephanie · Married on 10/16/2011

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with The Casino and their general manager, Kelly. The venue is gorgeous - there is a garden for ceremonies, a ball room if you have a large wedding, or a west wing room and patio for smaller weddings. We used the garden for our ceremony, patio for the cocktail hour and west wing for the reception. They even provide chairs for the ceremony, bar height tables for the cocktail hour, circular tables, rectangle tables, chivari chairs, and some outdoor adirondack chairs for the patio (I'm sure I'm forgetting things but they really provide all the furniture type stuff you need). All of my guests had a wonderful time and loved The Casino. I can't say enough good things.

Teresita · Married on 06/12/2011

Wow! This place was so perfect! We were looking for a venue that screamed San Clemente...Spanish Village by the Sea. This place hit everything we needed. We had a Sunday wedding in the eve. We rented the Rock Garden for our ceremony, the patio of the stars for Cocktail hour, and the ballroom for the reception. It was soooo nice to not have to leave the entire time. The venue is large and beautiful. We didn't have to do much in way of decor because it already had the old charm and sophistication. We had the ballroom columns lit up blue and the dome of the ballroom lit up lavender. It was truly unbelievable.

Aside from how perfect the venue is, the general manager Kelly was incredible. She was on top of everything. She handle so much for us with out us expecting it or asking. She knew exactly what was on my mind before I said it, came up with ideas before I thought it...she was great! She was such a superstar that day, that so many people complimented how great she was. She isn't a wedding coordinator folks, she is the general manager who I felt was so invested in making the day beautiful, smooth, and memorable. I can't even tell you how impressed I was with her.

With the Casino of San Clemente you get two major things, the amazing venue and awesome staff. It was a hit with all of guests. They were impressed with every step of the evening. Thank goodness!

It was a stressless night for me knowing we were in a solid location with a staff that was professional, courteous, and friendly.

Jancee · event on: 05/17/2013

The Casino San Clemente is a beautiful venue. The San Clemente Sunrise Rotary has held out annual "Dancing for a Cause" event there twice and has already booked the Casino for this year's event. But not only is the venue spectacular, the owners and staff are wonderful to work with. They do everything they can to help with every aspect of your event. I recommend them highly and so much in fact that I brought my best friend there when she was looking for a venue for her wedding. After meeting with the staff and seeing the Casino she promptly scheduled her event. The Casino San Clemente is a gem.

Anne · Married on 05/19/2018

Jill and her team at the Casino were such a joy to work with. My husband and I got married at the venue in May 2018 and we were so impressed with everything from the initial site visit, to the venue walk-thru, to the rehearsal, to the wedding itself. Such professionals! The venue is such a beautiful and romantic slice of SoCal. We are so pleased to have the Casino as part of our love story :)

The Casino was the perfect wedding venue. All recommended vendors are amazing, and the Casino staff were very supportive and easy to work with. Amazing venue, not only for weddings, but any large event. Will definitely have an anniversary celebration there!!