Carrie Wildes Photography Reviews

Carrie Wildes Photography 5
Carrie Wildes Photography 6
Carrie Wildes Photography 7

Angela · Married on 08/26/2006

My husband and I were more than amazed by the quality and breadth of our wedding photos! Carrie captured both candid moments and posed traditional arrangements that together gave us an assortment of pictures that we will cherish forever. If asked would I recommend this vendor to a friend, my answer is a resounding "I do!"

Sent on 03/28/2008

barbara · Married on 09/05/2004

Carrie made my wedding day so special. She captured every important moment before the ceremony and captured the emotion of my day throughout the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/23/2008

Lauren · Married on 12/22/2018

I absoutley love our wedding pictures! I've had many people comment that some of them look as though they should be in wedding magazines. Sylense was our main photographer, along with a second shooter, and they were both so easy to work with. Carrie was also great to work with during the planning process. We actually found out about Carrie Wildes before our wedding planning started because our friends used them for their wedding.

I realized once we got our pictures back that there weren't any taken of my hubby and I with our officiant or with my husband's Aunt that did a reading during the ceremony. I really wish that one of the photographers, or myself, would have thought to take these pictures. We have some from during the ceremony, but not any after. Also, we didn't realize this at the time of booking, but our package included the engagement shoot, but not any of the pictures from the session. The pictures were quite expensive to purchase. I wish these would have been included, or a little less expensive to purchase the digital copies.

We are so happy with our decision to book Carrie Wildes Photography. Just take a look at the work on the website and blog, and you will see that Carrie and her team take great pride in their work!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Carrie Wildes Photography's reply:

Lauren, thank you for the great review and detail! We are always looking for ways to improve and I just added a statement in our pre-wedding questionnaire that is specific to if the couple would like pictures with the officiant and/or anyone involved with the ceremony, readers, musicians etc. so that hopefully that will not happen again. Also in our consultations I try to be as detailed as possible with our pricing info and will make sure to review that information even more specifically. Thanks agin it is much appreciated!!!

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2011

Carrie is an amazingly gifted artist! My pictures are out of this world!!! Not to mention, she is the SWEETEST person to work with. She is a little on the expensive side, but the girl is worth every penny!!! I had no issues with her and nothing negative to say. I would recommend her to every bride out there. She's a gem.

Sent on 05/18/2011

HOlly · Married on 06/14/2008

Carrie was wonderful to work with. Her images were not the everyday posed pictures, and her attention to detail was amazing. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with. Everyone was amazed by her work. I look forward to working with her in the near future.

Holly (Event Coordinator)- Relax Event Design

Sent on 09/08/2010

Alyxandria · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing pictures! So thankful we chose the Carrie Wildes team for our special day!

When I first began searching for a wedding photographer, I was so overwhelmed.. I read a ton of reviews, did a ton of research, and scheduled several phone consultations. In the end, I chose Carrie because of her positive vibes and the fact that she was so flexible and willing to work with us! We live out of state and planned our wedding from California. Any time I had a question or concern, Carrie was responsive via email or phone. She also really took the time to figure out what we wanted from our wedding photos, rather than telling us what we should have. I really appreciated that freedom and the enjoyed comfort of knowing that whatever we wanted, she could deliver it. Also, I barely noticed the photographers at the wedding. There are a ton of amazing photos, but the photographers were low key and did not interfere with the event. I would recommend Carrie Wildes to anyone looking for a photographer for their big day!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Carrie Wildes Photography's reply:

Miriam and Linda had an amazing time photographing your wedding! Thank you so much for choosing us and these amazing words about our company. It means so much! xoxoxo

Andrea · Married on 04/30/2011

Eric and I married at Brooker Creek Preserve on April 30, 2011. From the minute we met with Carrie wilds we were instantly impressed. Not only with her professionalism but her spunky easy to like personality. During the whole process-from engagement shoot to wedding- she was accommodating and flexible. She and Brian caught moments in pictures that will remain with us forever. Notto mention that Carrie went above and beyond to give our names to the St. Pete times to run our story. Going with Carrie wildes photography was a decision we will never regret. I've recommended her to many people who were also impressed with her work. "moments pass so quickly but memories last forever"
    Andrea and Eric Nazarian

Sent on 08/21/2011

Allison · Married on 06/19/2010

I had Sylense Labit, one of Carrie's associates, cover my wedding. Sylense was everywhere but not conspicuous -- she was the least annoying (and therefore, nicest) photographer ever. This was one of my pet peeves from attending over a dozen weddings in the past year. Anyway, Sylense even set up a slide show of the ceremony and reception photos during the reception for guests to view. Sylense worked with our dj to keep everything on schedule so we could fit all our "events" (cake cutting, garter, bouquet, etc) into my 6 hours with her. This was great, so I didn't need to keep track of time. She was also exceptionally good at corralling our huge families during the family portraits. This was very important, since we had hired buses to take people to and from the ceremony area and were on a tight time schedule.

My only complaint would be that Sylense did not take a bridal portrait of me by myself -- I was totally overwhelmed after the ceremony that I didn't think of it, but it would have been nice to have one of these, since that's probably the best I'm ever going to look. Also, I was surprised (in hindsight, again) that she didn't take a photo of my and my husband's hands (especially sad since I made him get a manicure...!) with our new rings. I guess the moral of the story would be to have a very specific list of what and whom you'd like photographed and how. But, barring these omissions, I am very happy with the photos I have seen. I should say that I have not seen all the photos, yet, but the sneak peeks look good.

I think I paid $1460 for 6 hours of Sylense's work and a CD of all the edited photos. This also included an engagement session and a CD of engagement photos. Sylense and Carrie also had our favorite engagement photo printed for guests as a favor. This was very cute and unexpected.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Shaunes · Married on 12/31/2010

We know Carrie's work well and when we planned a destination wedding in Colorado Springs, we didn't want to trust someone else that we didn't know. So we flew Carrie out to help us capture all the moments of our special day and she went above and beyond! All the little moments that sort of remember, but seem to have flown by, she recorded them for me to go back and reflect for years to come.

She is even keen on new ways to share the joy of the "big day". She helped us set-up a live web stream so that family and friends back home to "live in the moment" with us and not feel like they were left out.

Carrie is so fantastic and she will always find a way to make your wedding day special just for you.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Cassie · Married on 10/17/2009

3.5

Carrie Wildes is an amazing and talented photographer. Very professional!! The price is a bit more than we wanted to spend and would have liked to get a little more (albums, prints, etc.) for our money. We were very happy with the results even though the price was not what we had hoped!

Sent on 01/04/2010

Amber · Married on 05/05/2017

We had a destination wedding in Clearwater Beach, FL, so we did not meet Miriam or Carrie until the day of our wedding, but I knew Carrie's team were a good fit after a phone consultation. Miriam and her team did a fantastic job the day of the wedding. They captured everything I had mentioned on our list we filled out, and then some. Looking at our photos, you can see every major moment of our entire day and we hardly were even aware of their presence during certain moments. They let us be carefree during our photo shoot after the ceremony and captured so many amazing candid pictures of us. I like that they had so many pictures of just us. Some photographers capture "the party aspect of the wedding"' which is just a bunch of pics at the end of the reception. They focused on us, and I loved that. Because we didn't get to do an engagement photo shoot session, we were able to do a "rock the dress" or "trash the dress session" the morning after our wedding with Carrie on the beach. She was so accommodating amd did a amazing job even with the wind being crazy! We had so much fun, and Carrie was delighted to have a bride not scared to get her dress wet or dirty lol. She captured pictures made for destination wedding billboards lol. Just beautiful. Not much more we could have asked for. Only thing we wanted a little better was the editing of a couple photos, but they are more than accommodating to further edit a particular photo if you ask. Pleasure to work with, and have a creative eye for capturing your special day.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Carrie Wildes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Amber!! Your wedding was amazing and so much fun. I love that we got to do that session after and are of course happy to do any additional edit requests! We loved working with you all!! xoxoxo

1.6
      1.5
      2.0
      0.5
      2.5
      1.5

I can't begin the heartbreak I had with this photographer- as I read all of the wonderful things others have said, it hurts. I don't know if our photographer had a bad day or what, but our experience was a nightmare. Our guests still talk about the rude photographer- which is not the lasting impression any bride wants. I originally choose Carrie Wildes photography because they had shot my venue about 6 times and I wanted a photographer familiar with our site as there is a bunch of cool hidden spots. I expressed this to owner, Carrie during our initial meeting. However, Carrie sent Linda to do our wedding- a photographer who had never been to the site, against my request for a photographer who knew my site. Even worse, though she arrived early- she did my portraits and bridesmaids in a meeting room, though the yacht club had gardens, a dock and other much more beautiful areas. When my mom asked that we change areas she refused! Even worse, she had no organization the rest of the night- my family had to carry her tripod, she sat with her camera on her hip instead of helping to organize photographs, and even insulted me! She criticized me for having my cocktail hour in the same place as my ceremony (on the beach), saying "Your wedding is a mess- usually the cocktail hour is separate from the ceremony". She did not help at all making sure people were lined up and smiling- my photographs are terrible! She would shoot two pictures for each group shot with no directions. We had a sunset beach wedding- and not one picture of a sunset!!! NOT ONE! That's wedding photography 101! In the end- with two photographers there for about 6 hours- we only received about 750 pictures- that's it! When I began my complaints to the owner, she got very defensive and snapped that Linda had gotten there early which is like a $400 value- I laughed because I requested a photographer familiar with my site- damn straight she should be there early! Don't hire this company!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Carrie Wildes Photography's reply:

We never want a dissatisfied client and always strive to exceed the expectations of every single one of our couples. Rather than try and dispute the statements this bride has made, if you have specific questions about this review I am happy to discuss them with you personally. There are definitely 2 sides to every story. We hope that our other reviews will provide a better and more truthful attest to the caliber of service that we provide to our couples. Thank you for taking the time to read my response to this review. - Carrie, Owner of Carrie Wildes Photography