Carolyn Jorgensen Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Olivia
    Olivia S. Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing Photographer!

It was such a pleasure to work with Carolyn! We initially chose her as our photographer because we loved the way she captured landscape within her photos as well as her subjects. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera, but Carolyn made us instantly relax during our engagement shoot. She is talented, professional, and personable! During our wedding day, while it was raining, Carolyn was able to capture beautiful photos as we roamed around our venue and came prepared with umbrellas which led to capturing some of my favorite photos! We have already had such an amazing time reminiscing about our wedding day while going through all the photos. The final product is phenomenal, it is so difficult to choose our favorites! I highly recommend hiring Carolyn to beautifully capture your special day!
    Karen T. Married on 08/29/2021

Perfect Wedding Photographer

When my husband and I were first looking for wedding photographers, I remember how overwhelming the options were - especially since I’m extremely indecisive! We somehow came across Carolyn’s website/social media and we’re so glad we did! Carolyn was so easy to work with and worked closely with us on the timeline and shots we wanted to capture. The day-of, we worked with Carolyn and her second photographer SJ who were both so lovely, thoughtful and fun to be around. My husband and I haven’t ever gotten professional shots taken, and they were great with helping us pose and at the same time took amazing candid shots. They both really went above and beyond our expectations - and the photos came out AMAZING. And bonus points for them coming prepared - Carolyn with scissors for all of my bridesmaids who needed to cut the tags off their dresses and SJ for coming with a sewing kit which came in handy for my husband who somehow ripped his pants while taking portrait shots. We HIGHLY recommend working with Carolyn!
  • Nicole
    Nicole S. Married on 08/08/2021

Incredible Talent!

Hiring Carolyn as our photographer for our wedding day was THE BEST decision ever! She is incredibly talented, patient, on time and professional! She was able to capture so many sweet moments and all of the in between! Her editing and style is amazing, and has such an intimate and genuine feel to it! Coming from someone who is VERY uncomfortable being in front of a camera and the center of attention, she really made me feel at ease and got incredible shots! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Not to mention, being a COVID bride, she was very flexible with my change of venue locations, and ended up traveling an hour extra to meet my needs and new wedding location. Her assistant, Rachel, was also amazing and the two of them together just made us feel comfortable and taken care of. THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!
  • Emily
    Emily G. Married on 07/26/2021

The best photographer!

Carolyn is the absolute best of the best. My fiancé and I had never had professional photos taken and both considered ourselves not photogenic and generally awkward in front of a camera! But Carolyn made us feel so comfortable and confident immediately. She just knows what she's doing and it was such a natural, flawless experience. She captures real moments authentically and it shows in the photos. The amount of comments we've gotten saying how the photos are insanely beautiful speaks for itself and many wedding guests also commented on how lovely and easygoing she was. She was the best vendor decision we made for our wedding! :) Our photos are SO amazing.
    Margot F. Married on 04/24/2021

Simply the best

Prior to my engagement, I had been following Carolyn on Instagram for about 6 months. Needless to say, as soon as we started the wedding planning process and chose our venue, Carolyn was my very first booking. First we booked our engagement shoot and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I tend to feel very awkward in staged photos. Right when we started I automatically felt comfortable. Carolyn made us laugh and made us feel relaxed and those are now some of my absolute favorite photos. It was a great feeling walking into my wedding already knowing how Carolyn works and I was not worried at all about how my photos would turn out. We already received some sneak peaks from the big day and we are totally obsessed. My friends and family also can’t stop talking about how great she was. Thank you Carolyn for capturing our special day!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Aw haha I don’t think I knew this! I’m so honored! It has been so amazing working with you and your family I can not wait to finish up the rest of your photos and share them with you❤️ You’re whole wedding was stunning! Xoxo
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne H. Married on 10/17/2020

So much fun!

She did our engagement photos and will be doing our wedding. She made it fun when we thought we were going to be so stiff. The pictures came out better than I imagined. The turn around time to see the photos was so quick which was awesome because I couldn't wait to see them. She made this such a fun experience and the pictures are proof of that.

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Aw thanks so much!!!! I had so much fun can’t wait for the big day, it’s going to be so beautiful! :)
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 08/14/2020

Gorgeous Photos!

My fiance and I were so excited to find Carolyn. Her style was exactly what we were looking for - nothing posed or cheesy, instead, artistic but without leaning too "moody." She was so laid back and getting to know her during the engagement session was great because we felt even more relaxed on the wedding day.

Like so many others, Covid threw us for a loop. We postponed and then eventually had to go to plan C, dropping from 150 guests to 21 and finding a new venue just two weeks before the wedding. But Carolyn was so flexible through it all and often checked in to see how we were doing. She even offered to adjust the price to match with what our new plan required. She did not have to do that. In fact many of our vendors held us to original prices (or added). The fact that she offered without us asking shows she's not just talented, but a truly good person. We just got our wedding pictures back and they're stunning. Based on the engagement session, we knew they would be. Her photos really are works of art...now the problem is choosing between all of them! I can't recommend Carolyn enough!
    Nicolette Married on 05/16/2020
    My fiancé and I had such an amazingly fun experience with Carolyn. We felt like we knew her for years! She is so friendly and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We laughed the entire 2 hour session! We can’t wait to have her shoot our wedding, she was the absolute best of the best to work with!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

:) :) :) I can't wait to photograph your wedding either!! Thank you so much it was so fun! You guys are awesome!
  • Emily
    Emily T. Married on 03/14/2020

A masterful photographer

Choosing a wedding photographer is a critical piece of wedding planning. It was very important to invest in our wedding photos as beautiful keepsakes and capture the essence of the day. Carolyn delivered. Once we saw her gallery, it was an easy decision; we knew she was the one. She and her assistant were always on time, kind, professional and a wonderful joy to work with. She took a lot of pressure off planning by having plenty of ideas (e.g. the timing for the sun's best light) and poses to help us through the whole experience. We were anxious about being in front of a camera but because of her approachable demeanor, she quickly took away those nerves and helped us relax. I highly recommend going on an engagement shoot with your photographer as well. It's a great ice breaker. Carolyn is an absolute delight and so is her art. If we turned back the clock to last year, we would hire her gorgeous photography every time. I will recommend her to all my friends.
  • Pasqua
    Pasqua Married on 02/15/2020

Great photographer and photos!

Carolyn was so wonderful from beginning to end! She was so professional and friendly. She was really great at capturing so many great moments on the dance floor without being seen! Our family enjoyed her company and was willing to listen to any requests. Carolyn is fantastic with lighting and has a calm demeanor. We can't recommend her enough - I myself look at our engagement and weddings photos very often and every time I am just so happy with the results! Thank you for capturing this important chapter in our life!
    Kari K. Married on 11/09/2019

Do yourself a favor, book with Carolyn!

Working with Carolyn for our wedding photography was amazing. She was so kind and easy to work with. Her pictures turned out beautiful and we could not be happier!
  • Molly
    Molly B. Married on 10/27/2019

Carolyn Jorgensen is AWESOME

Carolyn was absolutely amazing to work with and she is a phenomenal photographer. In the process of finding a photographer, we were really looking to work with someone who could capture us for who we were and determined to find someone we could be comfortable around. This meant our genuine expressions, interactions, and emotions. We knew that we weren't going for the dramatic pictures, but pictures that really showed our true selves. After talking to a whole list of photographers, we are so grateful to have found Carolyn by her reviews online! From the initial conversation over the phone, we immediately hit it off and felt like we were just having a conversation with a friend. She was able to speak to her professional photography experience, but also show us her personal side -- meaning that she's an awesome human that absolutely loves animals.

We took our engagement pictures with her around Philadelphia. It was the windiest day ever and I remember hoping that we had at least 1 good picture from that super cold day. But throughout the session, she was so great to work with and made us feel as comfortable as possible. With this being our first professional photoshoot, she made it so easy for us to feel like we were just having a date in Philly. I remember her specifically saying that she was just a friend 3rd wheeling with us and not to mind her. We did just that and within a few hours of our photoshoot, she texted me a picture and we were absolutely AMAZED. Shortly after, she sent us a sneak peek album and ALL of the pictures turned so awesome. We were so so so so happy with the way everything turned out and could not wait to work with her on our wedding day. We ended up using our engagement pictures on our save-the-dates (like 8 of them!!), table numbers, seating arrangement board, and on the DJ's screens because we couldn't get over how amazing they turned out to be.

As for the wedding day, Carolyn & Kristy were so awesome overall. Our prep call with Carolyn days before was so helpful and just made the day go so smoothly. Like I mentioned, Carolyn is just an awesome human to begin with! I specifically remember that throughout the day, things would be super chaotic and I would sometimes just look at her and she was just reassure me that things will be OK. She was so personal and took the time to take such candid and thoughtful pictures of us throughout the process of getting ready, during the ceremony & reception. She was so patient, flexible, and accommodating -- that we couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Within a few days of our wedding, she sent us sneak peeks while we were still on our honeymoon and couldn't help but stop and look at the pictures. We're looking forward to the rest, but we know that she is just so great. We wanted to recommend her to literally everyone we meet! Love, your favorites -- Molly & Mikko
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 10/26/2019

Carolyn is the absolute best!

When I started looking for a photographer, I found myself getting lost in all of her photos of other couples’ engagement shoots and weddings and just loving all of it. She was the first vendor I hired because I just love her work so much and realllllly wanted her to be part of this experience.
    Communication is great and she was so helpful through this whole planning process. It wasn’t just another cold business deal like with other vendors, it felt more personal.

On the wedding day, there was so much going on and rushing around. She was so calm it made me feel comfortable and stress free. Plus, I knew I can trust her to “do her thing”.
    We wanted plenty of candid shots and are so incredibly happy with the outcome. We will cherish these photos and moments captured forever.
    Thank you so so much Carolyn!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Talent!

Carolyn is truly a talented photographer. We loved working with her. Out of all the vendors we had to seek out, choosing the right wedding photographer was at the top of our list of priorities. Lucky for us, Carolyn was actually a referral we got from another photographer. She was so professional and easy to talk to on any pre-wedding call. She made us feel very calm and comfortable on our wedding day. Even during the reception and dancing, she was always close by capturing each moment while still blending well into the background. Our pictures came out so incredible. I have a hard time choosing a favorite, there are just so many beautiful photos. And of course, we've received many compliments from friends and family who were amazed by her work. If you are considering Carolyn Jorgensen, don't think twice. She's spectacular!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Aw thanks so much! I had so much fun at your wedding the venue was truly amazing and I loved watching everyone on the dance floor.
  • Michelle
    Michelle C. Married on 09/07/2019

The best of the best!

I cannot say enough about Carolyn. Both my husband an i are uncomfortable in front of the camera, but she has a way of making you feel comfortable. Her artistic ability is unlike any others. Our engagement photos and our wedding were captured perfectly. She is willing to go through any terrain to get the perfect photos and she included our dog, and the venue’s farm animals in our photos which mean so much to us. Because of how good she is, we chose to forego a videographer. We are so happy we went with her and we highly recommend booking her!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

ughhh You guys are the best. I'm so obsessed with your wedding and all the animals we got to play with!! Also, Andy's dance moves are amazing. Hope to see you again soon xoxo
  • Mandy
    Mandy D. Married on 08/10/2019

Magical pictures!!!

I am obsessed with my wedding pictures! I was looking for a photographer that would capture who we were as a couple without overposed looking pictures, and I’m so glad I found Carolyn! She was amazing throughout the planning process and everyone who has seen my wedding pictures has raved about them!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Thank You so Much! It has been so fun. Everything about your wedding was perfect. Hope you guys are enjoying married life. Let me know next time you are in town!
    Heather Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing! Beautiful Photographs!

I can't recommend Carolyn enough. Our photos came out beautifully! She is caring and calm - something you need on your wedding day!
  • Olivia
    Olivia H. Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Photos!!

Carolyn's photographs were so incredibly beautiful they make my heart melt every time I look at them (its probably been 50+ times by now). Carolyn was super laid back and easy to work with - she was also floating through the wedding and I never even knew she was there - capturing all of the most perfect moments without interrupting! Carolyn's second photographer was also fantastic and we would definitely recommend hiring both of them as it makes the day so much easier! Another added bonus about working with Carolyn is that she shares the photos incredibly fast! I had my sneak peak the Monday following my wedding day (unheard of!), and then the final photos about 5 weeks after (all the photos are shareable and downloadable). You then also get a USB with all of your photos for ease!

All in all if you want natural, candid, and absolutely stunning photos at a fair price then go with Carolyn!!
    Katie Married on 05/26/2019
    Carolyn did our engagement photos in Annapolis, MD in May and she was an absolute dream to work with! She made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable and kept us laughing throughout our whole 2 hour shoot. Her work does not disappoint. Every shot was beautiful and incredibly authentic. We can’t wait to work with her again for our wedding next year!!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a blast hanging with you guys, can’t wait until next May!!!!
  • Kathy
    Kathy Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent Photographer and Fantastic Person!

Carolyn's photo style stuck out to me immediately when we began our search for a wedding photographer because of her incredible ability to capture authentic moments. It was totally clear that she is a total pro at what she does and our engagement photos and wedding photos proved just that. Carolyn and her assistant Devin were so lovely to work with throughout our entire wedding day and even stayed a bit late to capture some dance floor photos just because! I am absolutely in love with all the photos Carolyn took and all the beautiful, sincere, emotional moments she captured on our special day. Having her as our photographer made it that much more special and I am looking forward to treasuring these photos forever. I could not recommend Carolyn and her team more!!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Ah, I don't know how I missed this. Your wedding was so beautiful and even with a broken leg you were such a trooper! A fairytale of a wedding. Hope to see you again!
  • Zyda
    Zyda Married on 01/04/2019

Carolyn should be everyone’s first choice!

I’d like to start by saying, hiring Carolyn as our wedding photographer was one of the biggest highlights of our wedding and planning process. If you’re looking for a photographer who you will develop a friendship with and know by the time of your session, Carolyn is for you. If you’re looking for someone who is able to positively contribute to your wedding and archive all of your happiest moments and the happiest memories of others, Carolyn is for you. My husband and I hired Carolyn for our January 2019 wedding and we are constantly looking at all of the photos and receive compliments from family and friends who are near and far. Leading up to the wedding, Carolyn and I would regularly contact and we even grabbed lunch with her. Having her at the wedding was like having a close friend there and it made my camera shy husband come out of his shell! It was freezing outside during our outdoor first look/bridal party portraits but it was easy to forget when Carolyn and Addison were making us laugh the whole time. She remembered how important having my grandfather at my wedding was, so when he was too sick to attend in person, she captured a photo of him Skyping in for the ceremony. Carolyn takes care of all of her clients and she would take care of you. She beautifully captured the love, joy, commitment, laughter, and life of our wedding day, I’m forever grateful for her talent and hard work! I attached only a *few* of the gorgeous photos she took!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

For some reason, I don't think my responses ever showed up. OMG, you are the best thank you so much for your kind words. I can't wait until you are up here again so we can grab lunch. xoxoxo
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie C. Married on 12/29/2018

One of the best choices we made for our wedding!

We could not be happier with our wedding photography. Carolyn was so creative. She caught all the moments we could have ever wanted captured and did it in a friendly and charming way that made us and our family feel so comfortable. The vibe she created with her editing and the color palette she chose were beyond perfect. She was one of the best choices we made for our wedding!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Such a gorgeous wedding, I was so happy to be part of it. Thank you so much for your kind words. You guys are so wonderful and I hope we can grab lunch or coffee sometime soon! xoxox
  • Christopher
    Christopher L. Married on 10/26/2018

Fantastic photographer!

Carolyn was so much fun! Very down to earth and had an excellent response time. She had our pictured edited and critiqued within 1 month. Was willing to meet with us to find location ideas and assisted us in organizing and decorating our background and ourselves. She was very polite and kind. Even with all of her equipment in hand, she lent a hand in carrying my bride's train. Carolyn did a wonderful job! Looking to re-hire her for re-union photos.

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Your wedding was gorgeous and I had such an amazing time. Everyone was so welcoming. there was just so much love and happiness!
    Tessa F. Married on 10/14/2018

Wedding Photography

Carolyn and I hit it off from first email. We had so much in common , I knew she was going to be a perfect fit for our wedding. She was communicative, professional, fun, kind, and full of great ideas. Our pictures came out gorgeous. I am so thankful that she was a part of our big day. And if she asks you if you want to do night shots... say yes!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

I loved you after our first email "I think we are going to be best friends" and hate you for moving away to colorado :( I was so happy to be a part of that day as well as Jades first birthday and now your everyday life. You are the best xoxoxo dont leave me.
    Cristen Married on 06/15/2018
    Carolyn is the absolute best! She is super creative behind the lens and just her presence in the room is enough to calm any stressed out bride. She’s also very sneaky- there were so many lovely shots we received in our gallery that we had no idea she took! Thanks for all the beautiful photos Carolyn- we can’t wait to plaster the walls with them!

Carolyn Jorgensen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much :) it was such a beautiful day!