Caroline Lima Photography Reviews

Caroline Lima Photography 4
Caroline Lima Photography 5
  • Lara

Lara · Married on 09/21/2019

My wedding would not have been the same without Caroline!

Looking back at my wedding day, the best decision I made was picking Caroline as my photographer. I had seen her talent through a high school friend, and I knew I had to have her for my wedding! Here are a few reasons why she's amazing: 1. She was SO on top of things & super organized. She was my only vendor that I did not have to contact first for details, and being a type A person in aspects of wedding planning, that says a lot! 2. The day of the wedding was the first time we met in person, and I felt like I had known her my whole entire life. She was so easy going, kind, and warm. 3. Every wedding day comes with a little bit of anxiety to make sure everything is going according to schedule, and whenever I had a bit of anxiety come across me, Caroline was there to save the day. I would just look at her and she would know exactly how to fix any situation and what the next step was! 4. My friends & family RAVED not only about the pictures (which were beyond my expectations), but about her! They loved being around her and loved the way she directed the crowd. She was calm, assertive, and personable. 5. She was beyond thoughtful with timing on sending the pictures as my husband and I had to do long distance right after the wedding. Her sneak pictures were what got me through the long distance struggles. Not only that, but she had the full album ready the week she knew I was going to see my husband again for the first time in 1 month! That made our week together even more exciting and special thanks to Caroline. 6. Any picture I post people are AMAZED by it! I have had people personally messaging me to tell me how gorgeous they are. 7. Wedding photos are what help you relive the memories forever, and without Caroline, all the candids/portraits would not have been captured as stunning as they were. You can truly see the emotion in each picture. She is simply the best and I am beyond thankful I had the pleasure of working with her on the best day of my life!

Caroline Lima Photography 6
    Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna Watson · Married on 06/27/2019

The best decision!

From the moment we spoke, I knew that she was a fit for myself, my husband and my family. Our day was extra hectic, with 12 grandchildren involved, and she threw herself right into the chaos. She managed to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera- capturing the raw moments that bring me right back to our wedding night. She listened to our ideas and vision for the photos from that weekend and made them come to life. My family and friends all LOVED Caroline for her sweet nature and and ease to work with. She was extremely responsive throughout the planning and post wedding process. Our family experienced a tragedy immediately following the wedding and she could not be more understanding and sympathetic- even going as far as unpacking her computer during a move to get us photos to remember a family member we lost. I cannot say enough good things about her and her work!! I will cherish our photographs forever :)

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 06/15/2019

Best decision you'll make! Caroline is everything you want in a wedding photographer and more

Before I got engaged, I saw a few of Caroline's photos on Pinterest and knew I wanted to reach out to her once my boyfriend and I got engaged. Just a few months later when we got engaged, I knew selecting the right photographer was going to be one of our first and biggest decisions as they're such an important part of the wedding day. We loved how Caroline's photos really captured the emotion of the day. We LOVED meeting Caroline via Facetime then in-person at our engagement photo session. After our initial Facetime consultation, I felt like we were old friends and knew she was the person I wanted documenting our wedding. We could not be happier we selected Caroline to photograph our special day. Caroline was an absolute delight to work with at each interaction.

We have nothing, but the best things to say about her. She is so sweet, calming, diligent, and extremely talented. She has such a gift to capture the day as it was, rather than a bunch of manufactured photos. Her attention to detail and her calming nature are exactly what any bride wants on her wedding day. I fully trusted that Caroline would capture our day completely. She raced around for almost twelve hours photographing our wedding day; and my husband, family, friends, and I were BLOWN AWAY by the photos she captured. They were so beautiful and captured every little moment throughout the day. We feel so lucky that our paths crossed and I highly recommend her to anyone. You won't regret choosing Caroline and it'll be one of the best decisions you make wedding planning. She's worth of every penny! We'll cherish the photos she captured forever!

Caroline Lima Photography 16
    Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Campbell · Married on 05/10/2019

Best Wedding Day Investment Ever

It was very important to my now husband and I to find the right photographer to capture our wedding day celebration that we had planned and preparation so much for - after all, these will be the pictures that tell the story of us on that day and the start of our marriage. We looked at many talented photographers, but when we saw the photos on Caroline's website, we were immediately impressed with just another level of excellence and quality with every photo. She was amazingly personable and professional to work with, communicated openly and often, had suggestions for locations for our engagement and my bridal photos, coached me on some poses that were most flattering for my figure and dress, and I can go on and on - she is amazing. We got our pictures back and just could not get over how well she captured real moments of emotion and laughter while making us look natural and comfortable. Our pictures look like something out of an amazing magazine photo shoot which is exactly what we were hoping for. I love Caroline, her eye is amazing and her work is worth every penny. You can completely relax and feel good about choosing her services and feel confident that it doesn't get any better than Caroline Lima.

Caroline Lima Photography 27
    Caroline Lima Photography 28
    Caroline Lima Photography 29
    Caroline Lima Photography 30
    Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith K · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely Fabulous!

Caroline was a dream to work with from my first conversation with her all the way to editing my wedding album. She is kind, positive, responsive, professional, and just all around fabulous! The photographs from our engagement session and wedding are unbelievably beautiful thanks to her!

Caroline Lima Photography 31
    Caroline Lima Photography 32
    Sent on 07/21/2019

Tayler · Married on 12/22/2018

Your search is over - book Caroline :)

Booking Caroline was absolutely the #1 best decision we made for our wedding day. I followed Caroline (and a number of other photographers) on Instagram even before I was engaged because knew photography would be my top priority when it came to wedding planning. As soon as we had our initial FaceTime conversation with her, I was completely won over at how comfortable she made us feel and how much she genuinely cared about all of the little details around our story and our day. Asking to see full galleries completely sold us. We moved our wedding date up by about 10 months (baby on the way!) with about 7 weeks notice and she was incredibly flexible and quick to make all of that happen - I didn't feel like we sacrificed one thing due to our quick planning timeline with her. My mom told Caroline on our wedding day "you saved their wedding day!" because that is how much it meant to me that she be the one to photograph it. I completely trusted her every input/suggestions from what dress to wear to our engagement pictures, how to structure our timeline and which "details" to have on hand to photograph and I'm so glad that I did - we absolutely love every single photo. I had several bridesmaids and groomsmen comment about how painless she made bridal party portraits (which were taken outdoors in 30 degree weather!), multiple family members commented about how she just knew to take certain group shots and I already had a friend book her for her own wedding. Our photos feel incredibly timeless and emotional - they are truly my most treasured possession. Caroline, we will always consider you to be a dear friend of ours and we will be singing your praises for forever and ever

Caroline Lima Photography 33
    Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Heyman · Married on 12/15/2018

Caroline is a Photography Magician

We are thrilled to add our resounding praise for Caroline! From the minute we saw her work, we were taken with her ability to capture moments that you could feel through the image. We wanted photographs that, even if you weren't there, would evoke the emotion of the moment and Caroline absolutely nailed it.
    In the months leading up to the wedding, Caroline became more than a photographer, she became our friend! Our correspondence with Caroline was always prompt, helpful, and calming as we buttoned up the final details. Caroline's organization shined through her communication and we knew we were in good hands before we ever even met. Though I told Caroline at our rehearsal dinner I felt like I was meeting an old friend because that's just how she treats her clients!
    Throughout the rehearsal and wedding day Caroline was incredibly professional and helpful above and beyond just our photographer. She kept us all in line, on schedule, and helped us navigate the usual bumps along the way. Rain? No problem, she had a plan (and made our day look just as beautiful!). Unexpected nose bleed right after our first look? She told me to lean forward, got me to the bathroom without a drop on my gown, and went to find "the calmest bridesmaid" (one of my bridesmaids' favorite quotes from the day!). Two surprise flash mobs at the reception? Caroline was a ninja snapping shots all around the room to capture the surprise, joy, and fun of each moment.
    We received some sneaks peaks right after the wedding (which were incredible) and then our final photos before the estimated time. They are, without a doubt, some of the most beautiful images we've ever seen. We, along with our friends and family, will cherish them forever.
    All this to say, if you are considering hiring Caroline, look no further! You will feel honored to have her capture your big day.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Karen · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing and beautiful photography!

Caroline was a dream! During wedding planning, our top priority was to find a wonderful photographer. We spent a lot of time researching photographers and knew we were in the right hands with Caroline. We wanted somebody who could capture the beauty and emotion of the day in timeless photographs. Caroline was amazing! Our engagement pictures in Central Park were so beautiful; she put us immediately at ease in front of the camera on a cold winter day. When we received our wedding pictures, we were able to relive the entire day! The pictures were beautiful and she was able to capture so many special moments. Along with our family and friends, we will cherish the photographs forever.

On top of her beautiful photography, Caroline is so warm and wonderful to work with. She is responsive, professional, kind and a utter joy to be around! We loved getting to know Caroline and are so happy that she was able to capture our engagement and wedding!

Booking Caroline Lima to photograph our wedding was one of the best choices we made for our wedding!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Seely Nicholson · Married on 09/29/2018

Caroline is THE BEST

Caroline was beyond amazing to work with. We had so much fun getting to know her at our engagement session, and by the wedding weekend she was like a friend to us. She made us feel so at ease and comfortable, and was so efficient with her schedule on the day of the wedding. I think we had the craziest and largest bridal party she has ever dealt with, and she was so professional and knew exactly how to make sure everything still ran so smoothly. We could not ask for better photos than what she captured, and the album is absolutely stunning. We cannot say enough nice things about Caroline!

Caroline Lima Photography 43
    Sent on 04/02/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/15/2018

Phenomenal photographer!

Caroline was our wedding photographer and did a phenomenal job with both engagement and wedding photos. We are so pleased with the photos she took, which are a collection of artistic, serious, funny, emotional, and so much more. She captured it all! Not only was she kind, laid back, and easy to work with, she was easy to communicate with about all the details we had to work out leading up to our wedding day. She has our highest recommendation.

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 08/18/2018

The most incredible wedding photographer. BEST decision we made for our wedding!

Working with Caroline was a pleasure. She is so professional, organized, and thoughtful in each and every one of our exchanges as we prepared for our wedding weekend. I was blown away by the finished product - which included stunning bridal portraits, special moments from our rehearsal dinner, and INCREDIBLE scenes from the wedding of our dreams. As a bride who was not very familiar with the wedding planning process, Caroline helped us prioritize what was most important during our special day, so that she could make sure she delivered. And man did she DELIVER everything and MORE. She is such a pro when it comes to getting THE shots, and making everyone feel comfortable. She managed to corral our large wedding party with ease. (My bridesmaids still talk about how great Caroline was!) Through the planning process, Caroline seemed to always be there to provide me guidance on key decisions. I had a BLAST getting to know her and will cherish each and every photo she took for us on our day. When friends ask me who they should hire for their wedding, I can respond with complete confidence that Caroline is the best. - Beth & Alex

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/11/2018

We highly recommend Caroline for your wedding, she was amazing in every way!

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further than Caroline! Out of all the vendors we spent time researching, we knew the photographer was the most important one for us. We would consider ourselves pretty picky when it comes to picture quality, and after seeing Caroline’s photos and speaking with her, it quickly became obvious that we had to hire her for our wedding.

Caroline was sweet, decisive, professional, and a joy to be around the entire day. She made us feel comfortable and worked with us to get every picture we wanted and more.

On our August wedding day, one of our grandparents missed family portraits after the ceremony because of the heat. Caroline had the presence of mind to quickly pull our family aside during the reception to make sure we had a formal picture with our grandparent. This little action meant so much to us, especially when looking back at our beautiful portraits with our immediate family members. We could not be more thankful that she remembered to do this!

In our situation, Caroline had never shot at our wedding venue before. This was something we had thought about before hiring her, but we can not stress enough how Caroline can handle it all! It was like she had already been there and knew all the ins and outs. Caroline found beautiful and unique backdrops for our photos for both our rehearsal and wedding day. She was so knowledgeable on lighting and it really shows in our pictures!

Communicating with Caroline before, during, and after our wedding was also super easy! We were planning our wedding from another state, yet still felt like we were able to easily keep in touch with Caroline and reach out to her for any questions we had. By the time our wedding weekend came, it felt like we had already met Caroline before, and we were all on the same page!

My husband and I had such fun reliving our special day through our photos, and we are so thankful for Caroline’s talent, patience, and professionalism. We highly recommend Caroline to anyone for any occasion! Thank you again Caroline for helping us relive our wedding day over and over again with such beautiful pictures!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Rosemary · Married on 05/26/2018

Caroline was without a doubt one of the the best decisions we made for our wedding! From our first skype consult, I knew she would be so easy and fun to work with. I always struggled with the words to describe what I wanted my wedding pictures to look like, but I knew looking at Caroline's portfolio that her photos were exactly what I had spent countless hours searching for.

First and foremost, she is so kind and easy to work with and the beauty of her work speaks for itself. Beyond that, she runs an amazing business and is so professional, clear, and thorough in all of her communication.

My husband and I had never had professional pictures taken before our engagement session with Caroline. She put us at ease and made the whole process fun. We left our engagement session even more excited that she was our photographer. We had a blended Hindu/Christian wedding with a Friday party and two ceremonies on Saturday. Caroline was amazing throughout the entire weekend. She put us, our family, friends, and bridal party at ease and never made us feel rushed or overwhelmed. She was very efficient and thorough with all of the family portraits we requested. She was such a calming presence during a very full day.

Our pictures are stunning, and we could not be happier with the way our entire wedding weekend was captured. Our family, friends, and everyone who sees our pictures comments on how beautiful her work is. Caroline has an amazing eye and captured the emotions and moments that we never want to forget. If you are considering hiring her, DO IT! You will be so happy with every aspect of working with her.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Meredith · Married on 05/19/2018

Booking Caroline Lima to photograph our wedding was one of the best choices we made when we were planning. I found her online portfolio and fell head-over-heels in love with her gorgeous style and skill. She happily worked with us to design a package that fit our needs and wants, and was promptly responsive with communication. She put us right at ease during our engagement shoot despite our lack of natural talent in front of the camera, and our photos came out BEAUTIFULLY - I look at them all the time. Her style is unforced, natural, and the emotions of the day are allowed to take center stage. She is also an unparalleled professional - she was early to our wedding, handled rowdy groomsmen, and worked with late vendors with a graceful attitude that somehow kept us on time and everybody smiling. She is unobtrusive and allows you to enjoy your wedding with your new spouse, family, and friends, quietly capturing fantastic moments that will have you laughing and crying when you see them again. As far as punctuality with returning photos, she sent our engagement photos to us within 2 weeks, and our wedding photos well within 3 weeks. My parents were so impressed with her that they are already hoping to hire her for my sister's wedding in a year or so. Hire Caroline Lima- she is utterly worth it.

Caroline Lima Photography 44
    Sent on 08/02/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

The best wedding decision we ever made.

I cannot recommend Caroline enough! She was instrumental in the successful execution of our wedding and in capturing the beautiful memories that have kept it living in our hearts. She is a professional through and through, and her attention to detail ensured the entire day went off without a hitch. She is an incredibly talented photographer with a clear passion for her gifts that is contagious. Her positive and relaxing approach made our wedding that much more special, and made a whole day of smiling and posing so much easier than we thought it would be! She managed to keep a wedding party of 34+ people happy and relaxed all day - and that is saying something! Her gifts extend well beyond photography though - she has an impeccable eye for style and design, the patience of a counselor and the magnetic energy of a coach. She is so much more than a photographer. After our wedding, we can honestly say she is a friend of the family's. We love you, Caroline!!!

Caroline Lima Photography 45
    Sent on 10/15/2018

Becky Mitchener · Married on 05/05/2018

Caroline Lima Photography

If you are in the beginning stages of planning your wedding look no further than engaging Caroline Lima as your photographer. Caroline is not only one of the most gifted artists in photography we have ever encountered, she also bears the immeasurable gifts of organization, originality and thoughtfulness, while capturing the heart and soul of your loving family and friends on your wedding day. Caroline makes an attempt to get to know not only the bride but everyone involved so not one photo opportunity is missed. And that is pricelss.

Caroline Lima Photography 46
    Sent on 10/15/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2018

Hiring Caroline to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process. She is so sweet and we knew from our first Skype meeting that we wanted her to capture our day. My husband and I had never taken professional pictures before and she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. We absolutely LOVE how our pictures turned out and we had so much fun going through the complete gallery. Her images really do take you back to the moment and allow you to relive your whole wedding day over and over. I highly recommend Caroline to any bride and we can’t thank her enough for capturing our day so perfectly!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Theresa · Married on 11/18/2017

Caroline was an absolute pleasure to work with--professional and yet all the while incredibly personable. Her photos are exceptional and truly a work of art. Our friends and family are still raving about them months out from the wedding! And she accommodated all of our requests with ease. We could not speak more highly of her.

Sent on 02/15/2018

Lane & Parker · Married on 11/04/2017

First of all, I cannot put into words how much we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our wedding photos from Caroline. When showing our photos to friends and co-workers, everyone continually comments about how lucky we were to have such a talented photographer capture our big day-- and of course my husband Parker and I agree. While recapping the wedding together in the weeks following our big day, Parker and I repeatedly commented to one another how finding Caroline was one of the best things that happened to us in our wedding planning. She not only made us both feel immediately at ease during an undeniably emotional weekend, but her photos also brought to life our rehearsal dinner, our wedding ceremony, and the special moments along the way in celebrating it all with our closest family and friends, which is of course is what it is all about. Caroline put incredible time, care, and creativity into capturing our wedding....including trekking through the woods to duck blinds in the marsh in our wedding attire, and helping manage and coordinate photos with 4 flower children under the age of 5, a 24-person bridal party, 1 golden retriever of honor, and more! In sum, we feel so fortunate to have had Caroline enhance our wedding experience---both the day of and by capturing the moments we will have to remember it all for years to come.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Allison · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Caroline Lima!! I think she must be the best wedding photographer in the United States, if not the world! We were not able to meet her before our engagement session because she was in Virginia and we were in North Carolina. But we had a Skype interview with her, and I just had a feeling she was a good fit -- and I was right! I liked her lowkey energy right away (it's good to have someone lowkey on such a busy wedding weekend -- she practically blended into the background!)

She photographed our engagement session and our wedding and was professional, courteous, fun to be around, and had a wonderful energy and presence that put everyone at ease, as well as an artistic eye.

Plus, she gets the job done! After our ceremony, the sun was fading quickly and she had to please a lot of people and make sure all of the family photographs were taken. It was like herding cats! But she did it with ease and efficiency. I was really dreading the after-ceremony-photography (I just wanted to get the cocktail hour started! And I don't particularly love posing for pictures) but it was so painless and over so quickly and everyone got the photos they wanted, including the whole family! And I ended up loving that part of the process and look back at it as a fun and special part of the evening!

And her photographs are AMAZING. She captured us as a couple perfectly during our engagement session. She's a tremendous reader of people-- she seems to know them immediately and is able to capture their personality with her camera. Everyone who has seen her photos has been blown away at how perfectly she captured our relationship and our individual personalities. We have had our engagement pictures made into thank you notes as well as our wedding guest book. Everyone who sees them notices how we almost jump off the page with life. I will treasure her photos forever.

Caroline, we cannot thank you enough for capturing our most special occasion!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • wedting

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2017

Caroline photographed my wedding in September 2017 and I could not recommend her more! Her photographs are incredible. After receiving our online portfolio only a few weeks after our wedding, I tried to narrow down my favorites and ended up with over a thousand photos that I adored. I originally selected her because of her great candid photos to commemorate the fun of the day, and she didn't disappoint - plus, the staged portraits were amazing too! We are truly so, so thrilled with every photo (including our engagement photos from a few months before) and couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

On top of her photography talent, Caroline is an amazing person and was such a calming presence on our wedding day. She was smiling and positive all day (even when trying to wrangle my 30+ person extended family, who despite instruction to stay put after the ceremony all disappeared as soon as we were ready for a photo), helping to keep me calm and relaxed throughout the day. She was unobtrusive but managed to photograph every special moment. She's so sweet and such a joy to work with from start to finish, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Caroline Lima Photography 47
    Caroline Lima Photography 48
    Caroline Lima Photography 49
    Caroline Lima Photography 50
    Caroline Lima Photography 51
    Caroline Lima Photography 52
    Sent on 08/23/2018

Brooke · Married on 08/05/2017

Caroline exceeded our expectations time and time again! Not only is Caroline a true professional who delivers gorgeous photography, but she is an incredibly kind-hearted and genuine person who made my husband and I feel comfortable every step of the way! Caroline is a great listener who worked hard to learn what was important to my husband and I. It is this dedication to her clients and to her work that makes her photography so distinguished. Her photography translated the emotions and the excitement of our day so well because of her skills and patience in understanding and capturing our story and our connection as a couple. Caroline has given us stunning, life long memories that we look forward to sharing for the rest of our lives! I would recommend her to any bride in search of a creative, top-notch photographer!!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Meg · Married on 07/15/2017

I can't say enough about Caroline! She was incredible to work with from start to finish. I look back at our photos daily to remember what a special day we had. Caroline captured the most special moments from our wedding day. Thank you for being you!

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • Loren

Loren · Married on 06/24/2017

Caroline is the best of the best - and we knew it after our first call with her. I was drawn to her work because it is timeless and beautiful. She captures the details, the emotions and moments at just the perfect time. She is so professional and extremely talented, she has that extra 'something' that separates her from other wedding photographers. Her personality is the perfect mix of sweet with the ability to manage and direct people in a way that gets it all done. Even our venue planner was impressed with how efficient she did our family formals after the ceremony. She works extremely hard - she is very dedicated to her craft and tirelessly moves around all night to capture everything. Caroline did our engagement photos as well and people were amazed by her work. I am so, so thankful for everything she did to capture our day. She watches for everything - and even came to grab us during dinner for a shot outside because the light was amazing. To top it all off, she is extremely organized and very responsive. If you want beautiful photographs on such an important day - I highly recommend Caroline!

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/17/2017

How do I even begin to write a review for Caroline Lima? Words seem so inadequate. One of my biggest decisions for my wedding was picking out a photographer and I struggled!! I could not figure out who to go with (so many to choose from!). One day Caroline followed up with me by email and asked if I had selected a photographer yet. I let her know I was confused and my dilemma I was facing. She responded with the sweetest email back telling me what to look for when choosing a photographer. It was so sweet of her to write me a long email not even knowing if I would select her. Her kindness and her amazing talent ultimately led me to choose her. She is the best in the business! Very detailed and professional which helps to put a nervous bride's mind at ease! If you are on the fence looking for a photographer, you will not regret the decision to go with Caroline! Absolutely fabulous!

Sent on 06/30/2017