Carolina Sugar Fairy Reviews

Carolina Sugar Fairy 7
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful cake!

Jen was great to work with for our wedding cake! It was really reassuring that she helped us make the right decisions for the amount of cake and type of cake to suit our needs, rather than recommending we spend more unneeded money! The whole experience was easy and enjoyable. She even met up with us a second time to make sure we could try all the flavors we were interested in! On our wedding day, our cake was beautiful and exactly as we discussed! We were very happy with everything and how it turned out, so thank you so much to Jen for all her hard work!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/20/2018

There was no cake left!!!!

If you are looking for a wonderful cake baker you have to hire the Sugar Fairy! We met Jen about six months out and did a cake tasting. She was absolutely delightful, friendly, and professional. Her cakes that we tasted were absolutely amazing so I knew she was the one to do my cake. She was wonderful about making sure that if I needed to change something or get in touch with her she responded asap. I have heard horror stories with cakes before and I always knew that she would deliver and boy did she. Not only was the cake exactly what I wanted, but every piece was gone at the end of the night... I only got one bite because it was gone so fast. The other thing that is awesome is that she makes you another small cake on your one year wedding anniversary so that you don't have to save the top cake. I would absolutely recommend the sugar fairy to anyone. She is a great price and gives you exactly what you want! We asked for a 3 tiered cake and ever cake was something different because they were all so good! They do the drop off and pick up and will set it up how ever you want it, you wont be disappointed I promise!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/15/2018

Jen was great to work with! From the tasting we knew she would be the right person for the job. She worked with us to make sure we could have the cake we wanted but still were in a decent price range. We tried our top flavors and then she sent us some different options including different size cakes, cupcakes, and sheet cakes we could serve from the back. We loved our cake and so did our guests! We had hardly any left and the chocolate went in a flash! We can't wait to have a chocolate cake all to ourselves from Jen on our 1 year anniversary :) (which she insists on not saving your top layer as she will make a fresh one for your anniversary!) Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 09/08/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy provided us with the most beautiful wedding cake for our big day! Not only did it look fantastic, it tasted just as good! We opted for cake and cupcakes and the presentation was gorgeous. All of our guests really enjoyed the cake and loved that there were a variety of cupcake flavors to choose from. Carolina Sugar Fairy was very responsive and flexible and made making decisions about our cake very simple and fun. it is obvious that she loves her work and works hard to make your cake unique and perfect for you!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Corrine · Married on 08/18/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy exceeded my expectations from the first bite at my cake tasting. My wedding cake was delicious and i CAN NOT wait until our 1 year when we get our complimentary anniversary cake! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 8
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 9

Beth · Married on 06/16/2018

Jen at Carolina Sugar Fairy delivers delicious cakes at a reasonable price. She is creative and has excellent customer service. She will even make you a cake for your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top layer. Thanks Jen!

Sent on 07/04/2018
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 10
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 11

Susan · Married on 05/19/2018

We used Carolina Sugar Fairy for my daughters wedding. Jen is very down to earth and a pleasure to work with! She met with us for a tasting, gave us many samples of her delicious baked goods, planned exactly what my daughter wanted for her wedding dessert display. She made a gluten free top layer cake for cake cutting. The wedding guest raves about her cupcakes, S’Mores Parfaits. We could not have been more pleased with everything from the first conversation I had with Jen to the last cupcake was eaten at the reception! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate it

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy made my wedding desserts! We had a gluten-free cake on the top tier of a tower with an assortment of delicious cupcakes, parfaits, and cookies below. Everything was beautiful and delicious. Jen is sweet and caring. She works with you to give you exactly what you want and more. I highly recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy for any wedding or event!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thanks so much...it was my pleasure.

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Jen is amazing! Our cake is exactly what we were looking for. Absolutely beautiful! Not only appearance but it is truly the best tasting cake I have ever had! We did a there tear cake with strawberry, red velvet and dulce de leche. We also got cake pops which were multiple different flavors! She offered a wonderful cake tasting as well. Everyone raved about how awesome the cake was!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 12
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 13
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 14
    Carolina Sugar Fairy 15

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly! You two look fabulous!!!!!!!! My cake never looked prettier!!!

Renee · Married on 05/05/2018

Jen was absolutely awesome to work with! She did our wedding cake and it was exactly what we hoped for. My family and I did a private cake tasting with her long before the wedding and had a great time. Jen is so easygoing and easy to talk to. She worked within our budget and was always super quick to respond to any questions. She also delivered the cake right on time for the wedding. It was delicious and so pretty! Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Renee. It was my pleasure.

Tina · Married on 04/27/2018

Jen was an absolute doll and made our nautical cake come to life for our big day. Her flavors are so good, we can't wait for our anniversary cake so that we can relive the moment all over again. She was easy to work with on decorations and setting up a cake tasting so that we could figure out what flavors would work best for both us and our guests. Would highly recommend using Jen for your big day!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2017

Delicious and SO easy to deal with!!! Guests could not stop raving about the carrot cake and beautiful cupcakes~

Sent on 11/26/2017

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly. It was my absolute pleasure.

Sharlene · Married on 08/12/2017

She was the only person willing to make us a cinnamon bun tower! Responsive and sweet! She offers to make you a new cake serving for your 1 year anniversary so you're not eating stale cake haha

Sent on 08/19/2017

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thanks so Much! Loved making your cake and cinnamon buns!!!

Amie · Married on 04/22/2017

Jen did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. We had a cupcake tower for our special day. The cupcakes were moist and delicious. Our guest loved each flavor we selected. We had a special wedding topper that Jen sculpted for us. It showed our personality and made our cake so special. Thank you Jen for a fantastic job!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Lynn · Married on 04/07/2017

AMAZING.........all I heard after cutting the cake was how AMAZING the cake was!
    Not only are the cakes amazing but Jen herself is Amazing. Jen and I worked remotely to come up with the cake I liked. There was alot of faith and trust from the reviews I read as we never tasted anything before the wedding.
    As Jen and I were discussing cake flavors I mentioned the reception site at a local brewery that we choose in the areathat we choose it because our favorite beer was from there in the discussion I mentioned the burbon after taste Jen mention that she made a cakecake that was burbon and could fill it with burbon filling.......imagine the amile on our faces.
    It was the talk of the reception and why didnt we do the entire cake in that ........LOL.
    You will not regret hiring Jen for your wedding cake......simply WONDERFULL.

Sent on 04/13/2017
  • JJ & Angela

Angela · Married on 10/08/2016

Jenn did a wonderful job she is SO easy to work with. Our Cupcake Tower was delicious and beautiful

Sent on 01/04/2017

Eve · Married on 10/01/2016

Jen is absolutely fabulous! Her cakes are so well done and we couldn't be happier that we chose Carolina Sugar Fairy! Her cakes were by far the best out of all of the cake tastings that we did. We chose to have buttercream icing in almond and vanilla flavors with citrus and vanilla cakes and they were delicious! We highly recommend her cakes!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Britt · Married on 09/17/2016

We knew right away that we wanted to work with Jen. Her samples of cake were delicious!! We ended up with a lemon cake with vanilla icing and it was amazing! She created a beautiful cake and really brought our dream cake to life! She delivered the cake on time and was so easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 02/19/2017
  • Shawn

Shawn · Married on 09/11/2016

Jen did an amazing job! I could not ask for a more beautiful and incredibly tasty cake! She did exactly what I asked for and it surpassed any expectation I had. I put my faith and trust in her because I only emailed her prior to my wedding. I live out of town and didn't have the opportunity to visit, and even though I was nervous, she went above and beyond. I 100% recommend Jen and her business!!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Shawn....hope you had the best day ever!

Kim · Married on 09/03/2016

The wedding cake was absolutely fantastic and looked great too. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Allison · Married on 07/23/2016

Carolina Sugar Fairy worked with me even though I was out of the area and unable to attend a tasting. We chose a small wedding cake, and 2 flavors of mini cupcakes. She delivered them on time to the venue including the display pieces, which she then collected so we didn't even have to worry about returning them. Everything was super delicious and we got a million compliments. The selection of flavors was fantastic! Jen even worked with me to make sure one type of cupcakes was completely gluten free for my friend with celiac. Super delicious, great value, awesome flavors, and completely hassle free!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Chelsea · Married on 06/25/2016

Hands down the best service and cake I have ever had! Cannot wait till my wedding June 2016!! Thanks Jen!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my absolute pleasure!
  • F

Felecia · Married on 06/19/2016

My husband and I were originally going to have our wedding down Rehobeth beach when we meet with Jen, later we decided to have it closer to home. But she was so nice and pleasant to work with we decided to still have her make our wedding cake and drove 1 1/2 hours the day before to pick it up. The cake turned out amazing! And that's saying a lot because I don't even like cake. She was so flexibility to work with and has many different amazing flavors to chose from. We both highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Karen · Married on 06/17/2016

Jen is fantastic. All of her cakes tasted amazing at our tasting, she did exactly what I wanted, worked with a cake topper I bought on etsy, and even fed me delicious white chocolate shells BEFORE the ceremony. She's seriously fantastic. She herself was setting up the cake on the cake table, you get very personalized service. We did an almond cake with chocolate filling, and a peach cake with bellini filling (you can choose the cake flavor per layer) all covered in white buttercream, with "sand" and "shells" decorating it. It looked amazing. It even held up to us cutting it with my husband's military sword :)

Sent on 07/22/2016