Carolina Sugar Fairy Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Suzanne Married on 10/02/2021

Carolina Sugar Fairy is awesome!

She was so easy to work with planning our wedding cake and cupcakes for our big day! She used our theme colors and provided a beautiful set up. The cakes were delicious!!
  • Allison
    Allison B. Married on 09/19/2021

Exactly what we wanted

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Jen was super nice and extremely helpful even through the busiest part of wedding season!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 09/11/2021

Loved Our Cake!

Jen was so sweet throughout the process! I love that she lets you try the different combinations of icing and cake. She set everything up perfectly and the cake was divineeee. My new favorite cake is Tipsy Fairy with peanut butter icing- to die for (pumpkin spice with cream cheese icing is a close second). The cake looked exactly as I had hoped and the cupcakes were a big success! Jen was super flexible with the details. Thank you so much, Carolina Sugar Fairy!
  • Megan
    Megan G. Married on 06/04/2021

Non-stop with the compliments!

EVERYONE kept going on about how great the cupcakes and cake were! The design and detail went perfect with our beach theme. Super friendly, great service and always answered any questions/concerns in a timely manner. Only disappointment was that we didn’t order enough cake! We never got to enjoy a slice of our own cake! (Forgot to save the top.) Definitely recommended and will be placing an order for our one year anniversary in June!
  • Jacob
    Jacob E. Married on 03/13/2021

Top notch quality and service

When deciding who to hire, during covid mind you, she met us with a prepared box of different flavors of cake. It came with a sheet of paper explaining the flavors as well. They were all delicious and we had a hard time deciding which flavors. We settled on a cupcake display with a small round cake on top. Our cupcake flavors were lemon raspberry, carrot cake, and chocolate with peanut butter creme icing. Our wedding was Buckeye themed as I am an alumnus of Ohio State so the cake was made with chocolate and peanut butter creme as well and she decorated it with candy buckeyes and red icing that looked like it was dripping off the top of the cake. It was absolutely perfect!!! It looked just like we imagined and everything tasted better than we imagined. The cupcakes were moist and full of flavor and the icing was light, fluffy and delicious. Absolutely recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy! Thank you so much!

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much! Enjoy the Wedding Glow! Thank you for taking the time out of your honeymoon to send the kind words!!!!!
  • Paige
    Paige Married on 10/24/2020

Just As Delicious As It Was Pretty

Jen from Carolina Sugar Fairy is nothing but phenomenal. Not only are her many options of cake flavors and fillings delicious but she is willing to create whatever you wish. For our big day we selected cupcakes which were the perfect option for all our guests and super affordable. We wanted different flavors so everyone could pick their favorite but the pumpkin spice was the biggest hit and was perfect for the time of year. We also had a small one tier cake for cutting which was just as delicious. We even added a grooms cake for a surprise and it could not have turned out any better! 10/10 recommend to anyone getting married on the Eastern Shore!!!
  • Madeleine
    Madeleine O. Married on 10/03/2020

Delicious and Delectable

Carolina Sugar Fairy is so sweetly perfect! Our cake was exactly what we wanted, and Jen made dessert tasting and creating our menu so fun. She was flexible, kind, and on top of her came. If you want a cake you'll dream about after, go with Carolina Sugar Fairy!
  • Bethany
    Bethany Z. Married on 09/13/2020

Perfect cake!

Jen was great to work with! I sent her picture and pictures on what I wanted my cake to look exaclty like and it was perfect. Exactly what I picture and the taste omg, so many flavors. Basically anything you would ever want and oh so yummmm. Thank you Jen.
  • Jess
    Jess D. Married on 08/22/2020

Beautiful cake display!

Carolina Sugar Fairy was AMAZING at helping us design our perfect cake display! We didn't want a traditional cake and opted for cupcakes, mini cupcakes and cake pops and they were an absolute hit!! They were so accommodating at letting us choose multiple flavors and designing our display! They also helped us through our tasting during COVID and allowed us to try as many flavors as possible to choose the best combination. At the end of the night, there were no desserts left. Would highly recommend!

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

I am so glad you enjoyed the desserts. I hope you had the time of your life! It was our pleasure! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • William
    William C. Married on 05/02/2020

Delicious!

We were beyond pleased with Jen’s cakes and cupcakes. We had a white cake with peanut butter frosting. We also went with cupcakes (red velvet, strawberries and cream, and chocolate with salted caramel frosting). All were delicious… moist and flavorful without being overly sweet. Jen was also an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    Gabrielle Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful Cupcakes and Wedding Cake

Carolina Sugar Fairy, aka Jen, was great to work with and her cakes are amazing! Our wedding was in October 2019, on the beach, and we asked for mini cupcakes and a small cake topper for us to cut! We explained our vision to her and the outcome was more beautiful and delicious than I ever could have imagined! We worked with Jen being 3 hours away but she was flexible with meeting times, and discussing specifics over the phone! Jen was absolute great to work with and the finished product for our wedding was perfect!
    Thank you Jen!
  • Alexa
    Alexa Married on 09/21/2019

So amazing, definitely recommend!

Planning an out of state wedding can be hard. Planning an out of state wedding during COVID can be even harder! Luckily I had great vendors who were flexible and easy to work with and Jenn was one of them! After having to postpone our wedding, we decided to elope and plan it within a month and Jenn made it stress-free for our cake! We got the vanilla cake with vanilla icing and raspberry curd and it was so delicious! Hands down, best cake we have ever had! And it was simple yet elegant and beautiful just like we had wanted.
    I would definitely recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy to anyone!

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

I am so happy you two were able to get married during all of the craziness! I wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!!!
  • Eddie
    Eddie A. Married on 09/20/2019

A Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

From the time we met Jen, we knew we had picked the right person to make our wedding cake...and her tasting samples solidified our decision. She made us a beautiful 3 tier white cake with a butter cream frosting that looked and tasted incredible! The bottom layer was covered with soft pink roses made from the same buttercream, while textured lines circled the top 2 layers. We also had a portion of key lime cake, for variety. All beautifully accented with a few flowers from our floral director at Baywood Greens Clubhouse. Exactly what we wanted! We are happy to say that we ate the whole thing!

Thank you Carolina Sugar Fairy!

Gratefully,

Eddie & Angi
    9/20/2019
  • Danielle
    Danielle F. Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious & Beautiful!

I would highly recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy for any event! Jen did such an amazing job designing my cake. The best part was, she was excited about it! She truly understood what I wanted & made it a reality. Everyone could not stop talking about how amazing our cake was. Wish I had a better picture. Thank you Jen!
  • Elisha
    Elisha Married on 08/24/2019

Best Cake Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really only wanted a wedding cake to take pictures and for my husband and daughter. So whatever my husband wanted I was going to roll with but after tasting her cake I was excited to eat cake. My guest were literally ready to fight each other for the cake lol. I can't wait to get cake from her for our anniversary
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful cake!

Jen was great to work with for our wedding cake! It was really reassuring that she helped us make the right decisions for the amount of cake and type of cake to suit our needs, rather than recommending we spend more unneeded money! The whole experience was easy and enjoyable. She even met up with us a second time to make sure we could try all the flavors we were interested in! On our wedding day, our cake was beautiful and exactly as we discussed! We were very happy with everything and how it turned out, so thank you so much to Jen for all her hard work!
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn Married on 10/20/2018

There was no cake left!!!!

If you are looking for a wonderful cake baker you have to hire the Sugar Fairy! We met Jen about six months out and did a cake tasting. She was absolutely delightful, friendly, and professional. Her cakes that we tasted were absolutely amazing so I knew she was the one to do my cake. She was wonderful about making sure that if I needed to change something or get in touch with her she responded asap. I have heard horror stories with cakes before and I always knew that she would deliver and boy did she. Not only was the cake exactly what I wanted, but every piece was gone at the end of the night... I only got one bite because it was gone so fast. The other thing that is awesome is that she makes you another small cake on your one year wedding anniversary so that you don't have to save the top cake. I would absolutely recommend the sugar fairy to anyone. She is a great price and gives you exactly what you want! We asked for a 3 tiered cake and ever cake was something different because they were all so good! They do the drop off and pick up and will set it up how ever you want it, you wont be disappointed I promise!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 09/15/2018
    Jen was great to work with! From the tasting we knew she would be the right person for the job. She worked with us to make sure we could have the cake we wanted but still were in a decent price range. We tried our top flavors and then she sent us some different options including different size cakes, cupcakes, and sheet cakes we could serve from the back. We loved our cake and so did our guests! We had hardly any left and the chocolate went in a flash! We can't wait to have a chocolate cake all to ourselves from Jen on our 1 year anniversary :) (which she insists on not saving your top layer as she will make a fresh one for your anniversary!) Would highly recommend!
  • Haley
    Haley Married on 09/08/2018
    Carolina Sugar Fairy provided us with the most beautiful wedding cake for our big day! Not only did it look fantastic, it tasted just as good! We opted for cake and cupcakes and the presentation was gorgeous. All of our guests really enjoyed the cake and loved that there were a variety of cupcake flavors to choose from. Carolina Sugar Fairy was very responsive and flexible and made making decisions about our cake very simple and fun. it is obvious that she loves her work and works hard to make your cake unique and perfect for you!
    Corrine Married on 08/18/2018
    Carolina Sugar Fairy exceeded my expectations from the first bite at my cake tasting. My wedding cake was delicious and i CAN NOT wait until our 1 year when we get our complimentary anniversary cake! Highly recommend!!!!
    Beth Married on 06/16/2018
    Jen at Carolina Sugar Fairy delivers delicious cakes at a reasonable price. She is creative and has excellent customer service. She will even make you a cake for your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top layer. Thanks Jen!
    Susan Married on 05/19/2018
    We used Carolina Sugar Fairy for my daughters wedding. Jen is very down to earth and a pleasure to work with! She met with us for a tasting, gave us many samples of her delicious baked goods, planned exactly what my daughter wanted for her wedding dessert display. She made a gluten free top layer cake for cake cutting. The wedding guest raves about her cupcakes, S’Mores Parfaits. We could not have been more pleased with everything from the first conversation I had with Jen to the last cupcake was eaten at the reception! I highly recommend her!

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate it
    Danielle Married on 05/19/2018
    Carolina Sugar Fairy made my wedding desserts! We had a gluten-free cake on the top tier of a tower with an assortment of delicious cupcakes, parfaits, and cookies below. Everything was beautiful and delicious. Jen is sweet and caring. She works with you to give you exactly what you want and more. I highly recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy for any wedding or event!

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thanks so much...it was my pleasure.
    Kelly Married on 05/19/2018
    Jen is amazing! Our cake is exactly what we were looking for. Absolutely beautiful! Not only appearance but it is truly the best tasting cake I have ever had! We did a there tear cake with strawberry, red velvet and dulce de leche. We also got cake pops which were multiple different flavors! She offered a wonderful cake tasting as well. Everyone raved about how awesome the cake was!

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly! You two look fabulous!!!!!!!! My cake never looked prettier!!!