Carolina Sugar Fairy Reviews

89 | Lewes, DE

89 Reviews for Carolina Sugar Fairy

• Jacob

Jacob E. · Married on 03/13/2021

Top notch quality and service

When deciding who to hire, during covid mind you, she met us with a prepared box of different flavors of cake. It came with a sheet of paper explaining the flavors as well. They were all delicious and we had a hard time deciding which flavors. We settled on a cupcake display with a small round cake on top. Our cupcake flavors were lemon raspberry, carrot cake, and chocolate with peanut butter creme icing. Our wedding was Buckeye themed as I am an alumnus of Ohio State so the cake was made with chocolate and peanut butter creme as well and she decorated it with candy buckeyes and red icing that looked like it was dripping off the top of the cake. It was absolutely perfect!!! It looked just like we imagined and everything tasted better than we imagined. The cupcakes were moist and full of flavor and the icing was light, fluffy and delicious. Absolutely recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy! Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/16/2021

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much! Enjoy the Wedding Glow! Thank you for taking the time out of your honeymoon to send the kind words!!!!!
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 10/24/2020

Just As Delicious As It Was Pretty

Jen from Carolina Sugar Fairy is nothing but phenomenal. Not only are her many options of cake flavors and fillings delicious but she is willing to create whatever you wish. For our big day we selected cupcakes which were the perfect option for all our guests and super affordable. We wanted different flavors so everyone could pick their favorite but the pumpkin spice was the biggest hit and was perfect for the time of year. We also had a small one tier cake for cutting which was just as delicious. We even added a grooms cake for a surprise and it could not have turned out any better! 10/10 recommend to anyone getting married on the Eastern Shore!!!

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Madeleine

Madeleine O. · Married on 10/03/2020

Delicious and Delectable

Carolina Sugar Fairy is so sweetly perfect! Our cake was exactly what we wanted, and Jen made dessert tasting and creating our menu so fun. She was flexible, kind, and on top of her came. If you want a cake you'll dream about after, go with Carolina Sugar Fairy!

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Bethany

Bethany Z. · Married on 09/13/2020

Perfect cake!

Jen was great to work with! I sent her picture and pictures on what I wanted my cake to look exaclty like and it was perfect. Exactly what I picture and the taste omg, so many flavors. Basically anything you would ever want and oh so yummmm. Thank you Jen.

Sent on 10/29/2020

Gabrielle · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful Cupcakes and Wedding Cake

Carolina Sugar Fairy, aka Jen, was great to work with and her cakes are amazing! Our wedding was in October 2019, on the beach, and we asked for mini cupcakes and a small cake topper for us to cut! We explained our vision to her and the outcome was more beautiful and delicious than I ever could have imagined! We worked with Jen being 3 hours away but she was flexible with meeting times, and discussing specifics over the phone! Jen was absolute great to work with and the finished product for our wedding was perfect!
    Thank you Jen!

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • Eddie

Eddie A. · Married on 09/20/2019

A Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

From the time we met Jen, we knew we had picked the right person to make our wedding cake...and her tasting samples solidified our decision. She made us a beautiful 3 tier white cake with a butter cream frosting that looked and tasted incredible! The bottom layer was covered with soft pink roses made from the same buttercream, while textured lines circled the top 2 layers. We also had a portion of key lime cake, for variety. All beautifully accented with a few flowers from our floral director at Baywood Greens Clubhouse. Exactly what we wanted! We are happy to say that we ate the whole thing!

Thank you Carolina Sugar Fairy!

Gratefully,

Eddie & Angi
    9/20/2019

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle F. · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious & Beautiful!

I would highly recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy for any event! Jen did such an amazing job designing my cake. The best part was, she was excited about it! She truly understood what I wanted & made it a reality. Everyone could not stop talking about how amazing our cake was. Wish I had a better picture. Thank you Jen!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Elisha

Elisha · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Cake Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really only wanted a wedding cake to take pictures and for my husband and daughter. So whatever my husband wanted I was going to roll with but after tasting her cake I was excited to eat cake. My guest were literally ready to fight each other for the cake lol. I can't wait to get cake from her for our anniversary

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful cake!

Jen was great to work with for our wedding cake! It was really reassuring that she helped us make the right decisions for the amount of cake and type of cake to suit our needs, rather than recommending we spend more unneeded money! The whole experience was easy and enjoyable. She even met up with us a second time to make sure we could try all the flavors we were interested in! On our wedding day, our cake was beautiful and exactly as we discussed! We were very happy with everything and how it turned out, so thank you so much to Jen for all her hard work!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/20/2018

There was no cake left!!!!

If you are looking for a wonderful cake baker you have to hire the Sugar Fairy! We met Jen about six months out and did a cake tasting. She was absolutely delightful, friendly, and professional. Her cakes that we tasted were absolutely amazing so I knew she was the one to do my cake. She was wonderful about making sure that if I needed to change something or get in touch with her she responded asap. I have heard horror stories with cakes before and I always knew that she would deliver and boy did she. Not only was the cake exactly what I wanted, but every piece was gone at the end of the night... I only got one bite because it was gone so fast. The other thing that is awesome is that she makes you another small cake on your one year wedding anniversary so that you don't have to save the top cake. I would absolutely recommend the sugar fairy to anyone. She is a great price and gives you exactly what you want! We asked for a 3 tiered cake and ever cake was something different because they were all so good! They do the drop off and pick up and will set it up how ever you want it, you wont be disappointed I promise!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/15/2018

Jen was great to work with! From the tasting we knew she would be the right person for the job. She worked with us to make sure we could have the cake we wanted but still were in a decent price range. We tried our top flavors and then she sent us some different options including different size cakes, cupcakes, and sheet cakes we could serve from the back. We loved our cake and so did our guests! We had hardly any left and the chocolate went in a flash! We can't wait to have a chocolate cake all to ourselves from Jen on our 1 year anniversary :) (which she insists on not saving your top layer as she will make a fresh one for your anniversary!) Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 09/08/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy provided us with the most beautiful wedding cake for our big day! Not only did it look fantastic, it tasted just as good! We opted for cake and cupcakes and the presentation was gorgeous. All of our guests really enjoyed the cake and loved that there were a variety of cupcake flavors to choose from. Carolina Sugar Fairy was very responsive and flexible and made making decisions about our cake very simple and fun. it is obvious that she loves her work and works hard to make your cake unique and perfect for you!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Corrine · Married on 08/18/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy exceeded my expectations from the first bite at my cake tasting. My wedding cake was delicious and i CAN NOT wait until our 1 year when we get our complimentary anniversary cake! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Beth · Married on 06/16/2018

Jen at Carolina Sugar Fairy delivers delicious cakes at a reasonable price. She is creative and has excellent customer service. She will even make you a cake for your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top layer. Thanks Jen!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Susan · Married on 05/19/2018

We used Carolina Sugar Fairy for my daughters wedding. Jen is very down to earth and a pleasure to work with! She met with us for a tasting, gave us many samples of her delicious baked goods, planned exactly what my daughter wanted for her wedding dessert display. She made a gluten free top layer cake for cake cutting. The wedding guest raves about her cupcakes, S’Mores Parfaits. We could not have been more pleased with everything from the first conversation I had with Jen to the last cupcake was eaten at the reception! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate it

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy made my wedding desserts! We had a gluten-free cake on the top tier of a tower with an assortment of delicious cupcakes, parfaits, and cookies below. Everything was beautiful and delicious. Jen is sweet and caring. She works with you to give you exactly what you want and more. I highly recommend Carolina Sugar Fairy for any wedding or event!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thanks so much...it was my pleasure.

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Jen is amazing! Our cake is exactly what we were looking for. Absolutely beautiful! Not only appearance but it is truly the best tasting cake I have ever had! We did a there tear cake with strawberry, red velvet and dulce de leche. We also got cake pops which were multiple different flavors! She offered a wonderful cake tasting as well. Everyone raved about how awesome the cake was!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly! You two look fabulous!!!!!!!! My cake never looked prettier!!!

Renee · Married on 05/05/2018

Jen was absolutely awesome to work with! She did our wedding cake and it was exactly what we hoped for. My family and I did a private cake tasting with her long before the wedding and had a great time. Jen is so easygoing and easy to talk to. She worked within our budget and was always super quick to respond to any questions. She also delivered the cake right on time for the wedding. It was delicious and so pretty! Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Renee. It was my pleasure.

Tina · Married on 04/27/2018

Jen was an absolute doll and made our nautical cake come to life for our big day. Her flavors are so good, we can't wait for our anniversary cake so that we can relive the moment all over again. She was easy to work with on decorations and setting up a cake tasting so that we could figure out what flavors would work best for both us and our guests. Would highly recommend using Jen for your big day!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2017

Delicious and SO easy to deal with!!! Guests could not stop raving about the carrot cake and beautiful cupcakes~

Sent on 11/26/2017

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly. It was my absolute pleasure.

Sharlene · Married on 08/12/2017

She was the only person willing to make us a cinnamon bun tower! Responsive and sweet! She offers to make you a new cake serving for your 1 year anniversary so you're not eating stale cake haha

Sent on 08/19/2017

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thanks so Much! Loved making your cake and cinnamon buns!!!

Katherine L. · Married on 07/30/2017

Jen is the real deal!

My 2017 wedding was a hit due to this cake. We live out of state but married in Rehoboth beach. So we were communicating by email and phone, sent pictures and talked through our ideas. Every thing was beautiful for our beach theme colors and display! My husband and I still talk about how great it tasted. We both love vanilla and we were blown away by the texture and taste combination of both the cake and frosting. We would love to get a mini cake from that day to enjoy once again, it was that amazing. I believe this bakery’s Work is a mix of true talented art and baking meshed in one.

Sent on 02/23/2020

Carolina Sugar Fairy's reply:

Thank you so much!!! It was my absolute pleasure!!!! Don't forget to call me for your Anniversary cake next year!

Meghan · Married on 05/20/2017

Jen was amazing to work with and bakes delicious cakes! Everything we tried at our tasting was delicious so we had no doubts about hiring her. My husband and I both love angel food cake and she was able to make a delicious strawberry angel food cake as our wedding cake. It was beautifully decorated with (edible!) seaglass to fit our theme. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Amie · Married on 04/22/2017

Jen did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. We had a cupcake tower for our special day. The cupcakes were moist and delicious. Our guest loved each flavor we selected. We had a special wedding topper that Jen sculpted for us. It showed our personality and made our cake so special. Thank you Jen for a fantastic job!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Lynn · Married on 04/07/2017

AMAZING.........all I heard after cutting the cake was how AMAZING the cake was!
    Not only are the cakes amazing but Jen herself is Amazing. Jen and I worked remotely to come up with the cake I liked. There was alot of faith and trust from the reviews I read as we never tasted anything before the wedding.
    As Jen and I were discussing cake flavors I mentioned the reception site at a local brewery that we choose in the areathat we choose it because our favorite beer was from there in the discussion I mentioned the burbon after taste Jen mention that she made a cakecake that was burbon and could fill it with burbon filling.......imagine the amile on our faces.
    It was the talk of the reception and why didnt we do the entire cake in that ........LOL.
    You will not regret hiring Jen for your wedding cake......simply WONDERFULL.

Sent on 04/13/2017