Carolina Horse and Carriage Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 12 Reviews
View more information

• Laura
    Laura D. Married on 04/17/2021

This experience was the cherry on top - if you are on the fence - book them now!

I cannot say enough about Elizabeth, Samson (the real GOAT - I mean Horse) and this vendor. Wow, if your wedding is in the vicinity where they can get to you, book them now. We booked this as a surprise for our daughter to take her from the wedding venue to her bed and breakfast and when they pulled around and she saw them for the first time, it was a moment that was absolutely priceless. Elizabeth was so easy to work with and I went back and forth on a time to arrive because of the sunset time and she was just great. We had small children at the venue so we booked a little extra time so Samson could take the kids up the street and they were so patient and kind with everyone who wanted pictures etc. My daughter felt like a princess and told us that this was the best part of her day (second only to marrying her prince). Please, get on their calendar, you will not regret it.
    Darryl Married on 06/30/2018
    they were very professional and was very cooperative with our date and the way we wanted to do this. we were able to keep it a total secret from the bride and groom and they worked it out great. was decorated with the bride colors and was very courteous and the people loved it when they seen the bride coming in on the carriage. heard a lot of ohhs and ohs. would highly recommend them to anyone wanting something a little special for here day
    Taylor Married on 07/15/2017
    Thank you!! They are amazing, the carriage is wonderful, horse perfect, and staff great! Love them!
    Darlene Married on 08/13/2016
    I would Highly recommend using Carolina Horse and Carriage as your "Get Away" Transportation. This was a surprise for my husband. You should have seen the expression on his face as Sampson galloped up the drive to carry us away from our country wedding held at the Cabin on The Hill in Pisgah Forest, NC. The Oooohhhhs and Aaaaahhhhs could be heard all over as the crowd moved from the tent to the edge of the drive to watch the decorated carriage arrive! It was wonderful! I had heard originally heard about CHC through the local tourist center.
    Angela Married on 04/26/2014
    WOW! The horse and carriage were just the "icing on the cake". This team were courteous and professional. Their goal was to make this a special day for the "Princess". They were prompt, courteous and professional. Thanks!

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO https://vimeo.com/96992852
    Marcia Married on 08/03/2013
    We were very very pleased! Very prompt and professional!The horse and carriage were beautiful and they added an extra touch by using the brides colors with flowers to decorate the carriage. The drivers were dressed to the nines!!! It added such a elegant and romantic touch to a wonderful event. Marcia Hinson
    Brad Married on 05/26/2013
    Carolina Horse and Carriage provided amazing services and value to make my wedding a very special day for us and all of our guests. Elizabeth provided her horse Big John, Vis-a-Vis carriage, and two drivers for my wedding at The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa. This was a surprise for the wedding party and all the guests. Elizabeth was set-up early and was very flexible and patient with our wedding party. The carriage took my Bride and her father from the Inn to the wedding isle at the Lake Lure Park. The Bride's father thoroughly enjoyed the drivers attentiveness and time to relax with his daughter. The carriage then circled out of view and waited for the ceremony and pictures to be completed. Then the carriage circled back to return the Bride and Groom to the reception, what an amazing entry we made. It was also great to spend a couple moments of relaxed time with my new Bride. The flower girls were also very happy to ride the carriage back to the Inn, oh what a dream come true.
  • User886496 2+ years ago
    LOVED! Carolina Horse and Carriage did an amazing job as wedding transportation. My husband and I left the reception in the beautiful carriage that was nicely decorated and it rode us around our town. We enjoyed the ride SO much! The two ladies that were driving us were super nice and friendly. The carriage ride was the perfect end to the night.
    Lisa Married on 06/23/2012
    I have ridden horses all of my life and so of course I had to have a horse and carriage at my wedding! Liz was fabulous to work with, she had great horses and beautiful carriages. We were even allowed to decorate the antique carriage with poms in our wedding colors. Big John was a wonderfully sweet Belgian who pulled the carriage. Although he tried to eat my bouquet, he was still lovely:) I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful way to arrive to my ceremony. Liz was prompt, perfectly turned out and Big John was gleaming.
    Trudy Married on 04/28/2012
    We rented the white carriage and horse for my son and his new bride. Everyone at the church was so excited when the driver arrived and the carriage was decorated with white flowers and a Just Married sign on the back. Not only was the carriage and horse beautiful but the driver was also dressed for the occasion. I highly recommend Carolina Carriage for any one that wants a memorable occasion.

The horse and carriage was exactly what we had hoped it would be for the perfect ending of the perfect wedding day for them!
    Alicia Married on 05/29/2010
    CHC brought my daughter in on a carriage for her wedding day and the horse, driver and carriage were spectacular. The owner is very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a top notch carriage company.
    Teresa Married on 05/01/2010
    My daughter had Carolina Horse and Carriage. They were very professional and the carriage was beautiful.