Carolina Cupcakery Reviews

112 | Chesapeake, VA

112 Reviews for Carolina Cupcakery

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

Carolina Cupcakery added such a unique twist to our wedding! We picked a variety of cupcakes and they offer very creative flavors! Every cupcake was delicious and our guests loved trying all the different kinds.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Ally · Married on 05/03/2014

I could not have been more pleased with the presentation. Although I did not get an actual cupcake until the next day the piece we had was amazing and all of our friends and family came up to us to tell us how delicious they were. We will definitely be back for our 1 year anniversary to have a cake made.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Dawnleigh · Married on 04/18/2014

The ladies at Carolina cupcake are wonderful. They were willing to be flexible and the cake was fabulous. Thank you for assisting in making our wedding day excellent.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/18/2014

Since our event was small, we wanted something simple yet beautiful and delicious and our mini cupcakes fit the bill! We placed our order with the folks in Chesapeake, who could not have been friendlier or more helpful with the process. Thanks so much for helping make our day so special!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Casey · Married on 04/12/2014

Everything went really well working with Carolina Cupcakery! You won't regret working with them!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Kirsten · Married on 09/21/2013

We were fairly low-maintenance in our cupcake needs (5 dozen, no decorations, plus a small cutting cake) but Carolina Cupcakery did a great job. The cupcakes were fresh and tasty, and the delivery fee was reasonable. Since this was a wedding order we did pay a bit more per cupcake than the standard price, which seems silly since we didn\'t select any fancy \'upgrades\', but overall the price was fair, the customer service was good, and they were able to replicate an \'ombre\' frosting design I sent them for the cutting cake. Definitely recommend considering the extremely high prices quoted by other OBX wedding cake vendors.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2013

Everyone over at Carolina Cupcakery was GREAT! They were extremely good at communicating, and they set everything up wonderfully! My only gripe is that our tower was not set up where it was supposed to be, but it didn't matter, because everyone loved the cupcakes regardless! Thanks so much for everything!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Candace · Married on 10/26/2012

We did cupcakes for our guests and had a small anniversary cake for us to cut. The cupcakes were delicious, all our guests absolutely loved them. They made them exactly how I wanted with the style of icing and colors. They had so many flavors to pick from for our anniversary cake and I was bummed that we never got to taste anything since we were from IL. They were so nice & accommodating and arranged for us to have a small tasting of a few flavors the week of the wedding when we arrived in town so that we could pick the flavor for our cake. We went with the vanilla bean flavor and it was amazing!! We ate it all week long. I was very happy with this company, their service, and their pricing. I would definitely work with them again.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Lindsay · Married on 05/26/2012

It was great doing business with them. We ordered around 500 mini cupcakes and had so many flavors. They were very helpful in helping decide what the tower would look like, the type of tip they would use for the cupcake icing, what our cake would look like, and how the tower would be arranged. They delivered it and set it all up. It was BEAUTIFUL!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Donna · Married on 10/01/2011

I can't give them a 5/5 but close to it. They apparently are very busy but I really had to keep up with them via email to make sure all of my wishes were covered and they were. The cupcake wedding cake was beautiful and the multiple flavors I chose provided my guests with many options. They even had gluten free for those who required them. I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Cassidy · Married on 09/09/2017

3.5

Carolina Cupcakery did a wonderful job doing our wedding cake and cupcakes. My husband and I were super pleased with the overall set up and they made the cake exactly as we pictured. We did three cupcake flavors but The Vow (maple sugar and cinnamon) was a huge hit and was gone quickly. We were able to use these tree trunk displays that added perfectly with our rustic country theme. We only wish that due to all the flavors we wanted to try, we had to pay to taste which made it hard to keep laying money down on top of the overall price. So the first three we tried on our own we ended up just having to go with.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

Everyone was excited about the cupcakes at my wedding! I'll admit I was thrilled too! The display was gorgeous, and the flavors were divine! I've always been a fan of their cupcakes and I am so glad that they provided that same quality at our wedding!

Sent on 05/04/2014

3.5

Everyone was raving about our cupcakes!! Absolutely delicious :)

Sent on 05/07/2014
  • JenKen

Jennifer · Married on 05/01/2010

I can't say enough about Carolina Cupcakery! They did everything they could to fulfill our vision of our wedding cake, and it was beautiful. Everyone commented on it. They are a little out of the way for me in VA Beach, but worth the trip. Also, they use only simple whole ingredients, and I think that you could really tell the difference in the flavor.

Sent on 05/03/2010

Carol · Married on 12/02/2017

The cupcakes & cake for our reception were top-notch. Everyone LOVED them. My only complaint would be that we never received the refund for our deposit for renting the cake stand.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Jaleesa · Married on 05/16/2015

My cupcake wedding cake was amazing. I also had a two tier cake on top of the cupcake tower for tradition. The service was great they are timely, great attention to detail, and friendly. Thanks Jen

Sent on 06/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/22/2014

3.0

Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL and delicious! Carolina Cupcakery perfectly duplicated the photos that I provided and made the necessary adjustments we asked for!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Mark · Married on 04/18/2014

3.5

I mailed my contract and payment information in 4 weeks prior to our wedding to make our first payment. Then 1 week prior to the wedding I called to make my final payment and they had no record of my contract or payment. Also I reviewed a phone call days prior to the wedding and was asked what flavors I wanted for my cupcakes because they lost that information also. Other then those business errors the cupcakes were amazing and the guests loved them.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Heather · Married on 06/02/2012

The cupcakes at my wedding were delicious! They forgot to decorate the top tier for us to cut into the cake, which was disappointing but we had some extra flowers from the florist so were able to make it look a little more dressed up. With 3 different stores and several event people, some of the communication seemed a little disconnected. However, the cupcakes tasted great and were all gone at the end of the night!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Carolina Cupcakery's reply:

Thanks for the great review, I'll check into that topper! Congratulations btw, you created a beautiful event!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2012

We ordered cupcakes from Carolina Cupcakery from the Chesapeake location and they were made in the Manteo, NC office for travel purposes. Kendall works at the Manteo,NC store and she was very nice. She called me a few days prior to the wedding to ensure we were all on the same page and I'm glad she did because she did not have the most up-to-date info. However, she quickly took care of the situation and the cupcakes turned out amazing! The guest really enjoyed all the flavors!

Sent on 04/17/2012

Kendra · Married on 06/23/2010

Everyone loved the cupcakes! They were a huge hit. The different flavors allowed me to cater to my guest’s likes and dislikes. I also got chocolate shells from Carolina Cupcakery to use as favors. I paid extra for the delivery from Chesapeake, VA to Duck, NC and it was worth it. They are very busy and their business appears to be growing, so I would make sure to keep in touch with them throughout the entire process.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Valerie · Married on 05/17/2014

2.5

Carolina Cupcakery has an excellent product. The cake and icing are fresh and tasty and the presentation was lovely. My daughter received exactly what she wanted for her wedding cupcake tower. The prices were on par with wedding vendors. My one and only complaint is their responsiveness. Call backs were never answered without several phone messages left. As the wedding date got closer this was a little disconcerting, especially when you are trying to finalize all the details. I have spoken to them about this, and they have stated that it will improve in the future.

Sent on 06/05/2014

3.5

We are so happy that we went with cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. After getting cake quotes over $1,200, we decided we needed to do something different. We booked the Cupcakery without trying them first. On a planning trip we finally had a tasting and they were amazing! During that trip we finalized our order and everything was set. A week before the wedding I called to drop the amount we were getting and they could not f ind our order. Apparently the girl who we met with didn't work there anymore and they didn't know where she put it...so after a minor freak out on my part, they got it together and found it. They delivered to our reception site (which was directly aacross the street) early and put the cupcakes on trays for us . We got 300 mini cupcakes in 10 different flavors. We also had them make a small 2 tier wedding cake for us to cut. Everyone RAVED about the cupcakes! We didn't actualyl get any until the day after the wedding when we ate some leftovers. But they were amazing! Definitely worth it for the price, variety, and ease of the whole thing!

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • Marjorie

Marjorie · Married on 03/29/2019

4.2

Delicious cake

The cake was delicious! However, it was a bit crooked even though there were many dowels in it, which was a little disappointing. We did a naked cake and I wish it had looked a little more like the reference photo we showed them but it still looked nice! They delivered it on time and they were able to accommodate my gluten free and seedless guests! There was a bit of confusion about what my husband and I wanted but they confirmed at the beginning of the week and I was able to make all the adjustments to have the cake I wanted! We got a much larger cake than we needed because we liked the 3 tier look and they left us boxes for any leftover cake!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Lydie · Married on 11/05/2016

4.2
      3.0

I love their cupcakes..they have a lot of cupcake flavors to choose from..I ordered cupcakes for my wedding, just plain without decorations..but it still turn out really good with our own decorations..the only thing is when we picked up the products the topper that we ordered was a bit damage but they repaired it and delivered it to my wedding on time!
    We were happy about Carolina Cupcakery!

Sent on 11/19/2016