Carole Cohen Photography Reviews

50 | Brooklyn, NY

50 Reviews for Carole Cohen Photography

Kathryn · Married on 03/09/2019

Great Brooklyn Photographer

Carole (and her second shooter Ellen) were easy and fun to work with. Carole has a great eye and knows how to capture the moment quickly and with ease. She kept us on time during the pre wedding photos (which rarely happens) and got all the shots that we asked her for. During the ceremony and reception it seemed like she was everywhere taking photos. Carole was a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • YASUKO

YASUKO · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing to work with and Beautiful photos!

We are so happy we chose Carole to be our photographer for our big day in Brooklyn. Right from the start, she was very flexible and present for all our talks and inquiries, from meeting in person to taking our calls after work hours. We also felt like we clicked with her as soon as we met as she lived in our neighborhood and also loved to travel and we shared similar interests so she already felt like a friend! Carole understood our aesthetics and vision right away and worked with us and we felt really listened to and we went into our wedding feeling very confident about our choice to have her capture our special day. During the shoots, we really felt good about how she shared our excitement but also helped us relax and feel more natural! She was amazing with our family and friends (and doggy) and really captured all the special moments in a beautiful and candid way. We feel that her rates were very reasonable and the quality of her photos and the memories we will have are priceless. We HIGHLY recommend Carole and are so happy that we chose her to be our photographer.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Joseph Macintosh · Married on 08/20/2018

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Carole takes the best photos I’ve ever seen and she was so patient with us. She made taking photo so fun!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Rachel + Tony · Married on 07/14/2018

Easy decision

Planning your own wedding isn’t easy: from choosing your vendors to planning logistics, it is a beast of an undertaking. Choosing Carole to be our wedding photographer was one of the easiest decisions we had to make. Her talent and professionalism are qualities that were very apparent from the start.

From our first communication to our wedding day, Carole was very personable. She showed a genuine interest in our story and asked all the right questions to get a sense of the type of wedding we were going for - even before we knew it ourselves. At the end, we centered our wedding around the idea of “having a great time with our friends and not making it too much about us” and she really captured the quintessence of that. The photos were simply great.

We would consider getting married again just to hang out with her!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Vanessa · Married on 07/06/2018

I am so happy we chose to book Carole for our wedding day! Carole and her assistant were absolutely amazing and fun to work with. She took great photos and really captured the atmosphere and vibe we had on our wedding day. I had ideas which she executed effortlessly and sent us our photos quickly. I had an issue downloading the photos initially, Carole sent them a different way for me to access as soon as I told her I was having an issue. I couldn't be more happier with the outcome and would definitely hire Carole again - and highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Erika Crockett · Married on 06/23/2018

Carol the Great!!!

Carol is just the BEST, professional, and she makes you feel like you’ve known her for years. Our wedding pictures came out beautiful and she captured every detail and moment. I couldn’t be any happier and I will cheris these photos forever. I would recommend her for any event.

Sent on 12/01/2018

L · Married on 11/18/2017

Carole is the best. She is charming, engaging, exciting to be around and from the first conversation with her, you feel comfortable and as if you have known her for years. She is highly responsive, patient, professional and detailed and we had a blast spending our entire wedding day with her. Carole’s images are real artwork; her ability to capture the raw emotions and narrate your wedding day in a simple, elegant, edgy and genuine way sets her apart. She is super talented, extremely nimble, and basically incognito (when appropriate), and our photos turned out nothing short of AMAZING. I highly recommend booking her to shoot your wedding day.

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • A. L.

A. L. · Married on 07/16/2017

Carole was an invaluable member of our wedding team. She was great at communicating with us in the weeks and months prior to our wedding, and she was super accommodating of our crazy Central Park wedding. Our photos are beautiful, and a wonderful reminder of our wedding. We could not imagine having a better photographer.

Sent on 08/27/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 07/01/2017

Carole is a gifted photographer. And on top of that, she has a magnetic personality and really cultivated a relaxed and positive atmosphere. I would give her my highest recommendation for any and all events!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Elisabeth · Married on 10/15/2016

Hiring Carole was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Not only are Carole's portraits gorgeous, her candid shots are pure magic capturing the raw emotions of the day. She is extremely creative, flexible, responsive, easy to work with and just all around a fun person to have around. The hardest thing will be deciding which photos to hang on our walls as they are all beautiful memories of a fantastic day. Carole, thank you so much!

Sent on 01/20/2017
  • Y

Yassmeen · Married on 10/08/2016

Carole is a magic-maker! Her work is so gorgeous--she captures simple moments in a way that is so much more than your run-of-the-mill wedding photographer. She's young, fun, and has a wonderful, comfortable presence. We LOVED working with her. She's also super flexible in terms of hours. Our photos came out SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL. She's a rockstar!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Marisa · Married on 08/06/2016

Carole is all kinds of awesome. One of the biggest points of contention between us in planning our wedding was whether or not to have a photographer. One of us is extremely camera shy and the other one of us has a masters degree in photography (marriage is compromise, right? ;-)) We looked at dozens of photographers. As soon as we saw Carole’s work we both finally agreed. Carole is a fantastically talented photographer and a beautiful, creative, calm person to be around on your wedding day. We both really wanted a candid style photographer. Carole captured all the candid moments with elegantly crafted compositions and her unique energy. The venue was challenging to cover, and Carole managed to seamlessly shoot everything. She was incredibly flexible and went above and beyond. Our photos are just stunning and its been so fun for us to see not only the gorgeous shots of us and our venue and friends but all the little bits of the evening we missed. We are so grateful we found her!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Lilia · Married on 06/18/2016

Carole Cohen is fantastic! She is responsive to emails, she is wonderful to meet with to get to know you and your partner's personality, and she takes fantastic pictures. She did our engagement pictures and shot our wedding. She was always prompt and very professional. She really got my husband, who is not a picture-taker, to open up to the camera. Making our wedding album is going to be so difficult because all of the pictures are so great. I couldn't recommend Carole more highly.

Sent on 08/14/2016

amy · Married on 05/07/2016

The day of our wedding, Carole walked into the groom's hotel room, saw a good shot, did a ninja roll across the top of one of the beds in order to get across the room (packed with groomsmen), and she took a gorgeous photo. This was her in a nut shell for the entirety of our wedding: She will do whatever she has to do, to be somewhere awesome, to take an amazing photo! To make things even better, we also had the pleasure of working with Emma, Carole's right-hand woman and co-photographer, who was equally as enthusiastic and awesome. When we started the search for a photo-journalistic photographer for our May 2016 wedding, we really felt deflated. Quality photos in the NYC area are super hard to come by without paying $1,000,000 + an arm and a leg. Even with our DIY, barn wedding budget, we were determined to find someone amazing as these photos would be looked over forever, so we kept on searching. And then we found Carole. Her enthusiasm for her craft and the quality of her product are beyond words. When looking over our countless pictures, we genuinely felt like we were transported back to our wedding. We were standing next to cousins and their kids, aunts who were laughing (and crying), children who were playing, relatives who were hugging, people who were screaming and laughing and dancing. While we did take traditional family and bridal party pictures in addition to the more candid and photo-journalistic photos, nothing Carole shot was too posed or dry, just full of life and happiness. As we planned our wedding, we made it a point to support and use local vendors who were committed to their work because of their love for their craft. Carole and Emma's work at our wedding proved just that: Quality service, quality photos and a love for what they do and the people they work with. We are forever grateful! Thank you Carole and Emma!
    -Amy & Chris

Sent on 07/08/2016

Diana · Married on 09/26/2015

Carol was so fun and natural to work with, and has such nice energy - it was seamless and fun to work with her and the photos are rich and gorgeous.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Caroline · Married on 09/05/2015

Carole was the photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding. After meeting with a bunch of different photographers, we decided on Carole because she was the most genuine and fun, and was the type of person we actually looked forward to spending time with on our wedding day. Our engagement photos came out great, and she was very receptive to our feedback to make our wedding photos even better. Everything was a little frantic on the day of the wedding, but Carole kept us on track so we could get to all the locations we wanted before the ceremony. She really put in a ton of effort to capture every moment of the day, and even stayed a bit later than usual so we could get some extra nighttime shots. She put a lot of care into post-processing, and the results speak for themselves. The photos are truly gorgeous, and we couldn't be happier with them. Thanks so much, Carole!

Sent on 10/25/2015

jake · Married on 06/14/2015

Carole is amazing. When we were searching for photographers she was responsive, friendly, and well-priced, and we were very lucky to find her. She was a joy to work with on our wedding day and is very talented. Our pictures came out excellent. We couldn't be happier and highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Noella · Married on 06/13/2015

Carole was/is a dream come true!! She's so easy going and fun, and took the best pictures! The ones of everyone dancing are amazing. We would have been thrilled to have her as a guest if she wasn't our photographer. She was very quick on sending us a sneak peak and then sending the full set of pictures. A huge bonus was that we could book her for a set number of hours instead of purchasing a package of services. Everyone should do themselves a favor and hire Carole!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Joe · Married on 06/07/2015

We used Carole's 'a la carte' option for our relatively simple wedding. She was flexible and adventurous enough to go along with hiking off into the woods to take some of our photos, and was almost 'invisible' staying out of the way of the guests. The finished product was great and arrived within the time promised.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Emily · Married on 06/06/2015

Carole was such a great choice for a photographer! Great value, great personality, beautiful pictures. Talking with her actually made me more excited about everything I had planned; she talked through all the visual possibilities of every component and made it sound even more beautiful. My biggest fear was how uncomfortable I would be getting my picture taken all day since my husband and I hate getting our picture taken and Carole was so friendly and unobtrusive, it was wonderful. The parts where she was by necessity obtrusive were actually fun and she was always trying to get creative and capture great shots of us and the surrounding environment. It was so awesome to have a photographer not just interested in catching great moments, but also capturing wonderful and interesting images. She was clearly so interested in the artistic value of the varying lights throughout the day and used that and every other environmental factor to its full potential. You won't regret hiring her.

Sent on 03/04/2016
  • W

Lynda · Married on 10/04/2014

Carole was a ninja at our wedding!

When I got the photos back from her I couldn't believe how many shots she took that I had NO IDEA she was anywhere close by for! She captured amazing moments during my wedding and honestly that is why I picked her---because I noticed from her photos on her website that she's great at capturing all those moments that are so important during a wedding....I am so happy she is also so great at observing the moments while being set apart from them and being unobtrusive because I have been to weddings where the photographer kept getting in the way during important moments and it really takes you out of the moment when someone keeps standing in front of you snapping photos---Carole didn't do that and she STILL got all the moments we wanted plus quite a few more.

As far as what Carole is like to work with, she is very organized, easy going (those things don't always go together), flexible, responsive, so supportive, professional, fast, detail oriented (especially with the editing of the shots she took) and just overall wonderful. She provides great value for money because she knows how people want to capture their celebrations but don't always want a bunch of frills and add-ons that they don't need.

I feel like I not only got amazing photos out of working with Carole but I also feel like I gained a friend. Thank you so much, Carole! You are so talented and I am so happy the stars aligned and we met!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Antonio · Married on 09/19/2014

I have never met the photographer, and yet her Website spoke to me with the understanding that Mrs. Cohen is more than a photographer, purely an artist. I can take pictures, if that's all I was looking for. But for my daughters wedding was looking for more than just a standing still with everyone smiling or sitting correctly. Even though she can do that very well, she took complete charge of what I needed, and the pictures all spoke to you , had a story, and you were able to understand it very well, no matter what language you speak.

Her personality was very unique, was ready to please my daughter with all her request with a real smile. Extremely punctual with her call backs, actual day of the wedding, and wasn't looking at the clock to go home. For what Mrs. Cohen gave us, we paid very little. Highly recommend someone who has photography in her blood. Thank you Mrs. Cohen, made my daughters day extremely memorable.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Danielle · Married on 05/28/2014

Carole was an absolute gem to work with! My wife and I decided to elope rather quickly to New York City and she was the second best thing that happened to us while we were there (the first being the marriage of course!). She quickly responded to my initial email inquiries, booked the date, and offered site suggestions where necessary. Her presence during our big day was so smooth that she may as well have been a long-time best friend of both of us. On top of all that, her photos are spectacular - candid, photo-journalistic, intimate, and simply perfect. She managed to capture on camera everyone's emotions and accented them with all the little details that made the day uniquely ours. We highly recommend her to anyone seeking someone with a natural aptitude for seeing and capturing any spectacular moments.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Charly · Married on 05/10/2014

Carole shot our wedding last week and I just came back from Aruba to find a wonderful teaser of our wedding photos that captures perfectly the fun and emotions we experience that day.

She was so sweet, easy to work with,open to our suggestions, very responsive, extremely professional, and now I am amazed at how fast she got us those first wonderful photos.

I am a photo editor myself and the job is perfect. I can't wait to see the final product.

Carole really understood our needs and I couldn't thank her enough. Iwill definitely recommend her to all of my friends!!!!

Sent on 05/21/2014