33 Reviews for Carmen Fashions

Sample Gowns (2)
Shoes (2)
Trunk Shows (1)
33 Carmen Fashions Reviews

You may walk into the store and think it looks a bit dated, but really you don't need a glamorous store to find the right dress. You need a friendly and experienced consultant who can pick your shape and has dresses that will do just that. Madalena was so nice and made me feel comfortable and could tell instantly what I liked and didn't like when I put on a dress. I was really happy with my dress and wished I had gone to her first, especially after I had just come from another store that was just not giving the personal touch service.

Profile Picture Holly, 9/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Sample Gowns, Veils, Alterations

OMG these ladies are AMAZING. One on one attention on you finding the dress that you absolutely love! I had to get this dress while living across the country and only had a few chances to see it before my big day but it fit PERFECTLY. Magdalena makes you feel like family, and they make your day extra special.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This boutique has very helpful, attentive staff that will bend over backwards to give you what you want. Sadly, their selection is a bit small, and the appearance of the shop and fitting room is dated and cluttered.

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/15/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils, Alterations

Great little place. Madeline is wonderful as are the other ladies. I bought my dress there for the service. I felt very comfortable with them and their expertise compared to other shops where you're treated like a dollar sign. They truly try to make you as happy as can be.

Profile Picture ashley, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

These ladies know dresses. After looking over a few place I found the dress, and to alter it a little to make it exactly what I wanted and they made it happen. They helped double check the alteration and make sure that I was comfortable in the dress. They are a great local business and I couldn't be happier to support them.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils

I absolutely loved working with Carmens Fashions! My dress was perfect! I highly recommend them to any bride who is looking for top notch service, speedy alterations and to a bride who not just wants a ordinary dress shop, but one that treats you like family every time you enter through the doors. Thank you for helping me have my dream wedding!! xoxo

Profile Picture JANEEN, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Alterations

First of all, alterations are included in the dress price which is great. They have designer names and work really well with your budget. And they have been so great and patient with me for my wedding and party. (And they know how to handle bride moms, very important). Oh! And they are not about the sales like some people. They don't rush or pushy at all.

Profile Picture User5178303, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

Carmen's Fashions was amazing! From the moment I walked in, they helped me feel at ease and I never felt pressured to buy the first dress I tried on, unlike a few other places I had been to before. I was looking for a specific dress and although they didn't have exactly what I was looking for, they were able to find something from the same designer in a similar style that I fell in love with. I found my perfect dress there. My bridesmaids dresses and 2 Maid of honor dresses were spectacular. They accommodated my out of town bridesmaids which made the process much easier not only me, but for my bridesmaids as well. Also, they were super accommodating with my mom after we had a huge issue with another store that didn't order my moms dress and only told me 2 weeks before my wedding. They found a dress that my mom fell in love with and they did everything to make sure that the dress was perfect. Honestly, save yourself time and energy and consider getting everyone's dresses here. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the most phenomenal experience purchasing my wedding dress through Carmen Fashions. They offer a wide range of dresses to meet anyone's need. They offer FREE alterations and they have top notch staff to ensure that your dress will fit perfectly. Madalena and Mary-Jo were a blast to work with. They made picking my dress easy and helped me find the dress that made for one stunning bride ;) I would recommend Carmen Fashions to anyone looking for a wedding dress. They are true professionals in the business!

Profile Picture Demitria, 7/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Carmen's Bridal made me feel like their only customer and they valued my business. I found my wedding dress there and it is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. They did a beautiful job with the alteration and were extremely personal throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Carmen's to any bride looking for the "one" dress.

Profile Picture Lauren , 6/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Belts, Hair Accessories, Veils

I think Carmen Fashion is one of those hidden gems. I was initially underwhelmed by the selection and the accommodations of the building. However, Tatiana really pulled some beautiful dresses especially from Allure Bridal dresses. I put a hold on a dress that my family and bridal party loved. I just wasn’t ready to commit, therefore, I will likely go back and try the dress on again. Tatiana was wonderfully kind, fresh, positive and most of all has a great eye for what looks good on a bride. I also want to say that their service is super accommodating. I was thinking of putting a cap sleeve on a dress I tried on. The seamstress immediately came up and put together a sample on the spot. It was simply amazing. I highly recommend brides to go and they will be pleasantly surprised.

Profile Picture User4347000, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I would highly recommend Carmen Fashions to any bride that I meet. I had a wonderful experience when purchasing my wedding gown. My bridesmaids also came here to purchase their dresses and had a wonderful experience as well. The staff at Carmen's is absolutely amazing. They have wonderful customer service skills and were so kind and accommodating. Mary Jo helped me the day that I picked out my dress. She was so sweet and patient with me, and offered great advice. The seamstress at Carmen's is amazing and does beautiful work. All of our dresses looked gorgeous. Carmen's has a great selection of dresses to choose from, and all of their gowns are stunning. I ended up saying yes to the first dress that I tried on and the staff opened up a bottle of champagne for us. It was an amazing moment that I will always remember. Carmen's also offers free alterations, which is great and rare! The cost of their gowns is very reasonable. I really cannot say enough good things about Carmen's, I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User5533355, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I can't say enough good things about my experience at Carmen Fashions. My mom and I ended up here on a total whim one rainy afternoon (and after spending countless hours trying on dozens of dresses at boutiques all over New England). We walked into this unassuming storefront and were warmly welcomed into the bridal fitting room. Each dress I put on was better than the last and on dress number four, I said yes! The staff popped champagne and my mom and I got to share a "cheers" in my chosen gown! It was such a magical moment. Alterations are included in the dress price (amazing and so rare!) and the fittings were all so fun. I got to know the ladies in the store and it was the highlight of my wedding planning experience when I got to stop in to try on my gorgeous dress. They even hand-made a belt for me when they couldn't find one that was exactly what I wanted! I will recommend Carmen's to every bride I meet.

Profile Picture User5105905, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I tried on thirty dresses before going to Carmen's Fashions. As soon as I stepped into the store I knew that I was going to find my dream dress there. The staff were friendly and unbelievably helpful. After about fifteen minutes we found the dress of my dreams and it was at an affordable price. Because of my amazing experience, I even bought all of my bridesmaids dresses there and my mothers dress. All of the alterations were perfect and the staff were very accommodating. I already recommended a friend who also found her wedding dress there. Just a perfect experience.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I shopped around other stores and the service had no comparison to the ladies at Carmen's Fashion. Their professionalism, helpfulness, and care tops all bridal stores. I am so happy that I said yes to the dress with Carmen's Fashion. They are the best! Thanks!

Profile Picture User3986334, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Carmen's Fashions is a hidden treasure.
The first time I went shopping for my wedding dress I visited Carmen's without having an appointment, and Mary Jo took care of me and made me feel like a princess. She showed me several gowns and made me try on one I was not very convinced of... I absolutely loved it... in fact, that ended up being my wedding dress!! These women really know what they're doing!
Every single time I went back Mary Jo and Madalena treated me like family. They really take the time to make you feel special, and this is something I didn't find in other bridal shops I went to.
They also helped me find a veil that matched my gown beautifully... and Isabel, the seamstressmade a wonderful job.
I couldn't be more happy with the end result! It was perfect and just as I envisioned it.
On top of all that, all alterations are included in the price!
I highly recommend this hidden gem

Profile Picture User3837799, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
0.5

Horrible experience.

Brides beware of ordering same size as the sample... you may be getting an old dress, for full cost
The dress was dirty inside and out. I tried to be patient and kind, and they simply was in defense mode. They didn't care about me, or my big day.
Could not do business with dishonest people. Went elsewhere. As they couldn't produce any type of proof that it was in fact a new dress. How they could keep my deposit and not even flinch is beyond me. I work hard for my money and they did nothing to earn it, and just keep it. Please be smart and careful.

Profile Picture User4290226, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Gown Was Beautiful! Service Was Patient & Personal

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/5/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
1.7

I went there to pick out my dress in August and the women were wonderful and very helpful. My dress came in the last week of April for my wedding in June. They didn't measure me correctly so my wedding dress was too short when I went for my first fitting the first week of May. After my grandmother suggested adding fabric to the bottom that was similar to the under layer in the back, the seamstress did a good job of adding over an inch of fabric to the bottom to make it work but it was no longer my dream dress and I did not receive an apology which was disappointing. One of my straps also came apart at the seems while I was greeting my guests at the reception, it had to be sewn back together by a cousin during the reception so I could dance.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 6/28/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Wedding dress shopping is difficult when you have no idea what you kind of dress you're looking for and that was exactly my problem. I tried on a bunch of dressed at many other bridal shops and nothing really caught my eye. The minute I stepped into Carmen's I was absolutely blown away by the selection they carried and the service I got. MaryJo knows her dresses. I had no idea what I was looking for and she picked out some dresses for me and was extremely patient. After a few dresses I was still very indecisive but she pulled one more dress that had just come in. An Allure couture dress. And that was it! The perfect dress! I tried it on and instantly fell in love. She paired it with the perfect tiara and veil and a flower clip for the reception. The seamstress was awesome. She does flawless work. Everyone here was so friendly and helpful. Carmen's is definitely the place you want to go for all your dress needs especially a wedding dress!

Profile Picture User2359675, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

If you are looking to buy a wedding dress, BM dresses, and dresses for your moms at a store that delivers personal and friendly service by experienced staff who care about making your wedding day perfect, then I suggest you go to Carmen Fashions. After going to a few other bridal gown retailers with very little success, I decided to make an appointment at Carmen Fashions. I had been a MOH in a wedding in which the bride had gone to Carmen Fashions for her and the girls' gowns several years ago and had a great experience then.so I figured I'd give them a try. I went in with pictures of a few different styles that I liked but also had an open mind. Mary Jo was amazing! She picked out dresses that fit the criteria I gave her and that were within my budget. There was one dress that I absolutely loved, however, it had this beading on the top of the bust that completely ruined the dress for me and it did not have the straps and buttons I wanted. This was not a problem for Carmen Fashions though. Mary Jo told me that she could order the dress without the beading and that they could add the straps and buttons I wanted. She made me feel comfortable and confident that this could be my one of a kind perfect wedding gown. And I'm so glad I trusted her and said yes to the dress! When it came in without the beading, I knew I had picked the right dress and with a few alterations appointments, it was exactly the dress I had envisioned. Not only did my gown come out perfect, the girls dresses were amazing! The alterations were done very well and the dresses couldn't have fit them better. The moms also had a wonderful experience and that is saying a lot especially since my mom isn't one for shopping let alone gown shopping. But the ladies at Carmen Fashions made it so easy and fun shopping for dresses! I can't thank Carmen Fashions enough for all the work they did on my dress, the girls' dresses and the moms' dresses. And I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else but there!

Profile Picture User4266454, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I love these ladies!!! They are fabulous & hardworking!!!! They made me the bride of my dreams I had the most gorgeous dress and tiara ! I won't ever forget the fittings and the laughs we had at carmens ..they also do free alterations with gown which is huge!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Loved this place... got my wedding dress almost a year ago today (first place I went, tried about 10 dresses and found my dress!) They were awesome... what I thought I wanted I hated and I don't like to shop so I was very disappointed and nervous.... but they picked out some dresses for me along with my family and I found it!!!! ♡ well they told me to try my dress on and that was it!!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding dress here and also my bridesmaids dresses. I had a certain vision for my dress, and had gone to a few different places but Madelina was the only one willing to help me create the dress that I wanted. She went above and beyond and she had Casablanca take a top of another dress and put it on the bottom to one of their dresses. Madelina understood what my vision was so well that she actuallly picked out the bridesmaid dresses too! All the ladies there made this process so easy. I would recommend them in a heart beat!!

Profile Picture Nina, 7/20/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I am so happy I purchased my gown through Carmen's! I went in with a style in mind and Mary Jo found dresses that matched what I envisioned. When I found some I liked, but were our of my price range, she went to the back and found dresses that had been discontinued, in my size and in the style I liked. I found my dream dress for $500 and it fit wonderfully! I went back for my fittings just before the wedding and everything went great. I would absolutely recommend Carmen's when purchasing your wedding gown!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/5/13, 5 Reviews