Carlos Creek Winery Reviews

Carlos Creek Winery 6
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Chiu · Married on 06/28/2019

Best wedding day ever!

We couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day! The staff is absolutely amazing! Our wedding coordinator, Regan, was very prompt with my many many emails of questions and requests. The florist, Mary, did a stunning job with the arbor for the ceremony and centerpieces for the reception. The winery grounds make for beautiful backdrops for photos and having a golf cart included in rental prices to access them was perfect! The entire process was so low stress, with it being almost all inclusive and the winery recommending vendors for the services not provided. We would do everything again, exactly the same way, without a second of hesitation!

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Carlos Creek Winery 9
    Carlos Creek Winery 10
    Carlos Creek Winery 11

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

Marc and Liz... we just Love you two! Thank you for trusting us with such a special day. We would love to do it all over again! :)

Mallory · Married on 09/28/2018

Carlos Creek Winery was an absolute dream location for our wedding. The outdoor ceremony is beautiful, the reception area is warm and inviting, and the staff were professional and friendly. Our guests raved about the service and the wine. I would recommend this location to anyone who is looking for a destination wedding in Minnesota. Living in Minneapolis, it was just a short drive up to Alexandria for our fall wedding. We were lucky enough to have the weather cooler but warm enough for an outdoor ceremony. Our wedding coordinator Melissa did a great job of answering all questions in a timely manner and was super helpful. Our only complaint and this doesn't exactly come from Carlos Creek was the food options. A lot of the reviews I read had guests raving about the food but when we had our tasting with the Depot Catering company, we were a little disappointed in the lack of flavor and scale of the options. It would be great if Carlos Creek had another caterer to choose from. That is truly our only complaint and would 100% recommend and use all over again. Thank you Carlos Creek Winery!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Jessa · Married on 07/28/2017

Carlos Creek Winery is the perfect place to get married! Both the staff and the venue are wonderful! The natural cathedral ceremony site is so breathtaking and romantic and the grand stables reception hall is spacious, rustic, and absolutely amazing! We got so many compliments on how beautiful everything was from all of our guests!! The event team, Paige, Melissa, and Jaimee, helped us at every turn with whatever questions or requests we had and made our day perfect Perfect PERFECT! They truly made us feel like VIP guests throughout the whole process! Melissa was our “day of coordinator” and she was a rockstar! She was upbeat, organized, and kept everyone and everything in place on the big day! Mary, the florist for CCW, was also absolutely amazing! Our centerpieces, outdoor flowers, and arbor were stunning and I couldn’t picture anything more perfect for our big day! If you are looking for a picturesque romantic winery wedding than Carlos Creek is the best place possible! WE LOVE CCW! ☺

Sent on 09/01/2017

Sharon · Married on 07/21/2017

CCW was my daughter's dream wedding location and one of the first we checked out. We decide to book a Friday date and the planning began. As the mother of the bride it was important to me that the planning, working with the venue of our choosing, and the day of was as stress free as possible. We wanted to enjoy it all and make loving memories to cherish. Carlos Creek Winery delivered beyond our expectations.
    A few days before the wedding a major storm rolled through and it was a mess! They rallied the troops and the day of the wedding you would never had know the mess Mother Nature had left just a few days before! We received so many compliments on the beautiful setting and service! Melissa and Paige...simply AMAZING! Both communicated promptly and professionally! Day of Melissa had it all under control and we all felt in such good hands.
    Mary the florist is amazing and will work with you to make your vision come alive. Finally the food...so good! Again, many compliments from our guests on how good everything was. Thank you CCW for a lifetime of special memories!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

Sharon!!!! Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so thankful to have gotten to witness such a FUN and amazing wedding. Your family is absolutely beautiful!

Alex · Married on 07/15/2017

Carlos Creek Winery and went above and beyond exceeding all expectations for our wedding! Our wedding coordinator Jaimee Lusby deserves a special thanks and I cannot say enough good things about her. She was class personified, calm and collected, and an ABSOLUTE joy to work with. Her attention to detail, professionalism and outgoing fun loving personality put us all at ease and allowed us to enjoy each little moment of our big day. Carlos Creek Winery is very lucky to have her and we feel just as lucky to have had her share in our wedding day! Whatever you are paying her, double it!!!

Additionally Mary Baumann (Master Floral Designer) is an absolute artist and a true master of her craft! From the greenery decor on the arbor in the natural cathedral, the floral in the reception, the guests and head table, each layer and tiny detail was displayed with such care and perfection that my bride and I both teared up sneaking a peek before the reception started. She also helped keep me calm right before the first look and we are so happy she was able to share and see the moment as I first saw my beautiful bride! Thank you Mary!!

I could write a novel when it comes to Carlos Creek Winery. It is everything we wanted in a wedding venue and then some. The grounds are impeccable, the sights are breathtaking, and the staff is talented and kind beyond any staff I have ever seen in any sort of profession. It quickly became very obvious to us as to why that is the case, its because they truly care and want everyone to share in the beauty that they are surrounded in daily at Carlos Creek Winery. Do not hesitate to have your wedding here, they would love to have you and will make you feel like family.

Thank you for everything!!!

Alex and Jessica Zoerb

Sent on 07/18/2017

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

It is truly our pleasure, we love what we do and feel so honored to chose to share such a special day with us!

Josh · Married on 07/01/2017

DUDE!!! What an amazing wedding venue!!! We had an absolute dream day, celebrating our wedding at Carlos Creek Winery last July. Beginning with the gorgeous natural cathedral outside, our ceremony was magic (I didn't expect that). What originally sold us was the layout of the inside, which proved to be more epic than we imagined. Everyone kept telling us how much fun they had. The venue layout is so comfortable because guests will feel so comfortable. There is so much to do and the entertainment is non-stop. Amazing layout!!!
    Jaimee & Paige at Carlos Creek Winery were fantastic! As soon as we visited, we knew we had to have our wedding there. If you are considering a MN destination experience, this is the place. Our guests had an absolute blast because there was so much to do and the venue was perfect for our dance and especially our ceremony. The staff there was so loving and went above and beyond to make our dream wedding become a reality. Thank you CARLOS CREEK!!! Our wedding was LIT!!!

Sent on 01/29/2018
    Carlos Creek Winery 12

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

We could not love you and your little family more! The girls are so luck to have amazing parents and we are so lucky to know you! Congrats and thank you so much for sharing your celebration with us!

Sonia · Married on 06/09/2017

Beautiful location which makes for awesome pictures! The wedding coordinators are so responsive and really made sure my day went perfect!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Angela · Married on 06/03/2017

Carlos Creek Winery was the perfect venue! Our wedding coordinator, Jaimee, was an amazing help and everything went so smoothly on our special day. We had many, many positive comments from guests about how beautiful Carlos Creek was as a venue. Everything from food to decorations to ceremony site...EVERYTHING was so amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

Hi Angela! We are so grateful for the kinds words and are just so blessed you chose us for such an important day. (what a FUN group!) We can't wait to see you back each year to celebrate your anniversary. Always remember to drop in and say Hi!

Megan · Married on 09/09/2016

We recently had our wedding at the Carlos Creek Winery and had the most amazing experience! From communication with our Coordinator (Paige) to execution the day of, everything was very seamless and better than we expected. Carlos Creek caters in and our food was incredible-- shocking they don't make it at the venue. I would recommend Carlos Creek Winery as a wedding venue to anyone as they helped make our day more special than we could imagine.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

We are so honored you spent your special day at Carlos Creek Winery. Thank you again for sharing your day with us.

Kathryn · Married on 06/10/2016

Before my wedding at Carlos Creek Winery, I already knew it was going to be fabulous from the start! The staff is so well organized and they were all incredibly helpful to not just me but, my family, and my now husband every step of the way. The day was beautiful and beyond what I could have ever imagined! Mary Baumann did a PHENOMENAL decorating the arbor and reception room! The food was cooked to perfection and the presentation was beautiful! The day-of coordinators helped me (nervous bride) know where I needed to be and when. They genuinely cared about making our day perfect, I noticed in my photos that I had forgotten a basket for my programs.....They had taken care of that by providing one for me and my photos look amazing! All the behind the scene things are ultimately what makes this venue a home run! We are so thankful to the staff at Carlos Creek Winery for making everything so easy for us!! We can not wait to return for a visit!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Miranda · Married on 05/20/2016

Carlos Creek was an absolute fairytale!! The day was absolutely perfect and we owe a lot of that to Michelle and the wonderful staff at Carlos Creek! Michelle made the planning process so easy, she was always so on top of it and very organized. I never felt stressed during the process because of how knowledgable and helpful Michelle was. Since I am not from the area, I was unfamiliar with vendors to use. Michelle recommended many options that were very helpful. My husband and I heard so many positives from our guests about the venue, food, wine, and staff. There is nothing I would change about this day; it was perfect!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Lindsey · Married on 10/02/2015

Not only is Carlos Creek Winery a beautiful site for both a ceremony and reception, but the team there is amazing!

My husband and I wanted to find a venue that was affordable but also beautiful & unique. In addition, we wanted it to be as easy and stress-free for us as possible - not exactly an easy task - but Carlos Creek was exactly what we were looking for!

All decorations (centerpieces, etc) were included in the space rental. They also handled the catering and cake. And these are NOT cheap-looking decorations or mediocre food. The food was UNBELIEVABLE! So many guests at our wedding commented on just how amazing the food was. The decor was the perfect mix of classy but simple and modern - not over-the-top - which is exactly what we were looking for.

We were assigned a wedding coordinator that assisted us with every detail beginning months in advance of the wedding. Our coordinator, Paige, answered every one of my emails (with my random questions) within a day of receiving them. Paige was super helpful during the rehearsal and of course during the actual wedding day. She was there first thing in the morning and on-site the whole day until after it was over - constantly checking in, making sure we had what we needed while we were getting ready, and then, during the event itself, Paige made sure everything happened exactly as we had planned.

Overall, it was just so nice to know that everything was taken care of, and we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day. We were able to just relax and enjoy ourselves. Everyone had a blast, and it was in large part due to the team at Carlos Creek. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a place that's a little off the beaten path, but still maintains high standards of quality and service. You definitely can't go wrong choosing Carlos Creek!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Carlos creek is Amazing! It is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/11/2014

Michelle and Paige were absolutely AMAZING to work with! My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about them and the rest of the Carlos Creek Winery staff. Five stars all around! Michelle was there to help us every step of the way. She answered questions promptly and gave honest opinions and suggestions. Paige was there the day of the wedding and I know for a fact the day would not have gone as smoothly as it did if it wasn't for her! She helped try and get a stain out of my dress. She helped when the iPod died right before the ceremony started and so much more that I'm sure I'm not even aware of because she made it run so smoothly! Also our hats go off to her and the rest of the staff that helped with the decor. When Dan and I walked into the ceremony site and reception area we were blown away by the beauty! We received so many compliments on how wonderful everything looked. The only slightly disappointing portion of the day was the food at the reception. However, we didn't choose Carlos Creek Winery for the food which was a very minor part of the day for us. We chose CCW for the outstanding staff, the amazing venue, and the very delicious wine :-) We are looking forward to coming back every year to relive our wonderful day! Cheers!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/28/2014

I am originally from the Alexandria area and have been to a lot of different venues for weddings. As soon as I got engaged I knew there was only one option for where I wanted to have my wedding, and that was Carlos Creek Winery. It is absolutely Beautiful!!!

I now live in Indiana but all of our family is still from Minnesota so we wanted to have it in my hometown. You would think that planning from a distance would be extremely difficult and stressful, I'm telling you what, I had absolutely ZERO stress. The only stress I had was deciding which food to choose because they were all so delicious.

My biggest wish for my wedding was just being able to show up!! I didn't want to worry about having to go decorate the venue the night before or the morning of, or having my mom/aunts have to worry about doing that. I dropped off everything that I had purchased for the wedding Thursday before and told Michelle & Page what everything was and they had everything set up.

Michelle and Page were more than helpful! They went to the extremes to make sure everything was done right, on time and made sure everything went smoothly, that includes the day of and the year and a half of planning. I could run ideas & concerns through them and they were very helpful with making my ideas work or if they have seen it before and it didn't go so well they were honest up front so I didn't waste money buying something. They have it down to a science to make sure that everything goes perfect. I can not say enough about Michelle and for everyone who helped make our wedding as memorable, thrilling and exciting as it was!

Our wedding was Absolutely perfect! Beautiful place to have your ceremony and reception all in one! It is a beautiful place, beautiful decorations, endless photo ops throughout the vineyard etc. We couldn't have asked for it to be more perfect! All of our family and friends were in awe! Words cannot express how thankful we are to CCW for making our day PERFECT!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Sue · Married on 06/28/2014

I am the mother of the bride! My daughters wedding was absolutely beautiful. Michelle and Paige worked very hard and made sure that every detail was perfect. The decorations were perfect, way beyond what we expected. The best part about all of this was I didn't really have to do anything! They set everything up and take everything down. Our personal belonging were altogether so we just had to load our vehicle at the end of the night.
    The wedding was magical! I would not hesitate to recommend Carlos Creek Winery for a wedding.
    Thanks for all you did!!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2014

Michelle, Katie, and Paige were fantastic! I really wanted to just show up the day of and have a great time and they pulled it off! Decorations were done, rehearsal the night before, coordinating with a few outside vendors, bar staff, everything was done by them for us to be able to have a great day! We had a few dietary needs that were easily figured out as well by the ladies and the caterers. Such a beautiful day that we got to enjoy as the women took care of everything!!!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Caitlin · Married on 11/02/2013

Michelle and the rest of the staff at Carlos Creek Winery was amazing to work with! She was prompt and thorough with all of the questions/requests I had throughout the wedding planning process.
    The wedding day went perfectly smooth and everything happened like they promised it would. I had rave reviews from my guests regarding the food (both in taste and how the different 'stations' were set up) and how beautiful the venue was.
    I would recommend them over and over again to my friends and family! Carlos Creek truly played a huge part in making it the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Joe & Steph · Married on 10/18/2013

We can't say enough about Michelle and the rest of the staff at Carlos Creek Winery. We wanted to get married at a winery or vineyard, and Carlos Creek was the first place we visited. We never visited a second place. We could not have written the deposit check fast enough. From that day on, Michelle was always a phone call or email away. Throughout the 15 or so months that we planned our wedding, there was never a moment where Carlos Creek made us feel like we were "just another wedding". We always felt as though our needs and desires were important, and there was never a moment where we felt ignored or unimportant. All weddings have hiccups now and again. Our lone hiccup revolved around the catering company (which was NOT Carlos Creek). When we were initially unsatisfied with the service, Michelle did not hesitate to fix the situation and make it right. The day of our wedding, all of our family, friends, and guests were treated with the utmost respect by Katie and the staff of the winery. We could go on-and-on with praise, but to sum it up, we had the best, most memorable wedding, and it was everything we had hoped and prayed for! We are so grateful for Carlos Creek, and look forward to many years of future visits to the winery to re-visit....and to drink some of their great wine!!

Joe & Steph Betley

Sent on 01/10/2014
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/04/2013

Our wedding at Carlos creek was wonderful. I chose it based on reviews and that so many services were provided by them so I wouldn't have to worry about that aspect of planning a wedding. Michelle and the day of coordinator (Katie?) were amazing. It ended up being indoors because of weather, but it was still beautiful. Service was excellent, food was good, and the wine was great. I didn't use their centerpieces, but wish I would have ( I did my own, but am not very crafty, so I didn't enjoy doing that so wish I had just paid for theirs). Such a beautiful venue. Guests commented on how unique it was.

Sent on 10/06/2013

I attended a wedding at the winery, and I wasn't in the bridal party, but my date was. So I got to explore the grounds and experience all the other parts of the winery while the bridal party took pictures. First of all, the place is gorgeous and well-kept. Everyone I came across who worked for the winery was extremely helpful. The free wine tour and wine sampling system offered were a great start to my day long adventure there. The wedding was in the grand stables, and everything flowed flawlessly. Michelle and her staff were helpful along every step of the way, and were hands down the most genuine and fun people I've met. Keep up the good work! You can’t go wrong having a wedding here, or any wine outing.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Alex · Married on 08/31/2013

We loved working with the staff from Carlos Creek Winery for our wedding. Michelle was wonderful with helping us in the planning process - always very timely in returning phone calls and emails, available for questions, and had some outstanding recommendations for local vendors, which we really appreciated. Katie was absolutely fabulous the day of our ceremony - there was an unpredicted change in weather during the ceremony and everything was arranged behind the scenes to accommodate our move indoors without us even having to be bothered. The food catered was outstanding, and everyone we worked with was so kind and helpful. We would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Nick & Jackie · Married on 08/16/2013

Our wedding was perfect! Beautiful place to have your ceremony and reception all in one! It is a beautiful place, beautiful decorations, endless photo ops throughout the vineyard etc. We couldn't have asked for it to be more perfect!

Michelle was more than helpful! She went to the extremes to make sure everything was done right, on time and made sure everything went smoothly.... and that's not just on our wedding day. Michelle and CCW worked with us for about a year planning, ideas, concerns....anything that you could possibly think of to make sure our one day would go just right! I can't not say enough about Michelle and for everyone who helped make our wedding as memorable, thrilling and exciting as it was!

If anyone is even thinking of having your wedding and reception at CCW, don't think about it any longer. Have it here. I promise you will be well taken care of, right down to the last little detail.

Sent on 12/16/2013

We can't say enough amazing things about Carlos Creek Winery! Every detail was perfect! No regrets here!! Michelle was so great to work with and was prompt and attentive when we contacted her! We frequent the winery as a family to just hang out too and it never disappoints!

Sent on 11/21/2013