Carlos Alayo Photography Reviews

20 | New York, NY

20 Reviews for Carlos Alayo Photography

20 Carlos Alayo Photography Reviews

CLAIRE · Getting married on 08/17/2019

Carlos was incredible!! He was so flexible with us and always quickly responded when we spoke. He took beautiful pictures of us in Dumbo and knew all the best spots for photographs. He sent all 300+ photos back to us within 48 hours! I highly recommend Carlos as a photographer!

Pooja · Getting married on 03/05/2019

Carlos was great! We did a two hour engagement photo shoot with him in DUMBO and he knew all of the great spots to shoot at. He provided some direction, and showed us pictures off his camera so that we knew the types of photos he was getting. As it got dark earlier than expected, and we still had time left in our shoot, instead of finishing up that day, Carlos offered to finish the shoot another day (without extra charge!) so that we could get natural lighting. It was so nice that he cared more about the quality of the photos as opposed to just getting the job done. We ended up finishing our photo shoot two weeks later. The pictures he took came out great and he gave us access to all of the photos within a week! I would definitely recommend him.

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2018

Carlos was wonderful! He was very responsive as well as easy to work with. When we first started taking our engagement photos with him, we were a little awkward (as neither of us like being the center of attention), but he gave us great tips and helped us get the most out of our photos. We also brought our dog, and he worked so well with her too.

Carlos was patient, flexible with timing, and sent us the link to our photos in record time. I know people that had to wait for months for their engagement photos, but we only had to wait a few days. We have so many beautiful pictures that it will be hard to choose which ones to use. I would recommend Carlos to anyone looking for a photographer, especially one near NYC. Thank you Carlos!

Candice · Married on 08/25/2018

Carlos was amazing! We took an "organized chaotic" family photo and he was great positioning us, capturing the light, and taking the perfect shots of everyone in one picture (including my one year old). We also took picture of just my fiancee and myself in our condo complex and they came out incredible. Looks like we're in Central Park. We received about 110 pictures back from just and hour of shooting.

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

We loved working with Carlos on our engagement photos! He was incredibly efficient and professional (despite our being incredibly awkward and nervous). Our pictures came out beautifully!

Madelin · Married on 06/17/2018

We had an absolutely amazing experience with Carlos! He took our pre-wedding pics in central park. Extremely professional and friendly. Pics turned out beautiful! we used them for our save the date, everybody loved them! Highly recommend him. Fast and reliable!

Jamie · Married on 05/25/2018

Carlos was amazing. He was patient with our family and took us all over NYC to great spots for my daughters graduation portraits. I would definitely recommend him other people and use him again personally.

Brooke · Married on 04/28/2018

Our experience with Carlos was wonderful! He was very flexible with scheduling and was accommodating as we wanted our puppy with us for this event! Throughout the shoot he even went so far as to make noises and shake his keys while taking pictures to keep our dog's attention! Additionally, turn around time between taking the photos and having them for review was very quick. He does a beautiful job and we highly recommend.

Gina · Married on 03/24/2018

We found Carlos on Groupon for an Engagement Photo session anywhere in the five boroughs. We decided to go to Central Park. Carlos was easy to get ahold of, and flexible with his schedule. He had some great ideas for photos, and allowed us to include our puppy in some. To top it off, we received our pictures (hundreds of them) WITHIN 24 hours of our session. Can't beat that!

Alyssa · Married on 08/05/2017

Carlos took amazing engagement photos of my fiancé and me. He was very professional but also added a bit of humor to make the whole experience enjoyable. Despite the cold, Carlos was able to capture photos of the two of us all over Central Park. He knew the best spots in the park for photos and we were able to get to them all. I would absolutely recommend Carlos and we are now very excited about our save the dates!

• Christine

Christine · Married on 05/19/2017

Carlos was the photographer for our City Hall Wedding in NYC. He did a phenomenal job! He was on time and extremely knowledgeable of the City Hall process. He captured very special candid moments between my husband and I and all our family and friends. My grandmother was running late and he was very considerate of this fact and showed that he cared to capture my grandmother in this special moment.

--- Details ---
    Locations: We visited a total of about 4 locations in the area.
    Time: Carlos spent a total of about 5 hours with us on the day of the wedding.
    Photos: Carlos took over 400 photos and sent us a online library to review.
    Cost: The cost was great - very reasonable for the level of service we received.

All and all I would definitely recommend Carlos for you photography needs. We had a great experience with him and was not disappointed. I hope this review helps someone looking for a local photographer.

Michelle · Married on 04/11/2017

Had an engagement shoot in Central Park last week with Carlos and it was the best decision ever. Carlos is professional and very good at making people feel at ease so we enjoyed it so much and we love the photos ! Would highly recommend to anyone considering a shoot with Carlos. He does not disappoint.

Peony · Married on 10/16/2016

Great photography experience! my suggestion: be specific what kind of photos you are looking for, and have certain postures in mind before you start filming.

Carlos was a joy to work with; absolutely professional and friendly, always willing to listen and take suggestions. Will hope to see him again at our wedding!

Carlos is very professional and talented. His turn around was very quick too. I highly recommend Carlos.

Aditi · Married on 02/07/2016

Carlos is a wonderful photographer. He is great to work with. He took our wedding pictures professionally and made us feel comfortable. He was on time and paid attention to detail. I would love to work with him again and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for good photographer. I wish him all the luck!

SARAI · Married on 09/17/2015

Carlos was amazing. I booked my engagement photos through Groupon. I only paid $150 and he did a phenomenal job. He was flexible with the dates and even took the time on a holiday (Memorial Day) to take my photos. My fiance and I was about a hour late to the photo shoot but Carlos was cool about it and got the job done. The photos came out AMAZINGGGGGGG!!! The photos were available online within the next two days and I was able to select the ones I wanted retouched.

Bottom line, I'm very happy with the outcome. I would definitely recommend Carlos to anyone looking for engagement photos within the five boroughs.

T

Alice · Getting married on 11/26/2018

We found Carlos on Groupon and he worked with us to tailor to what we needed for our wedding day on a very short notice. Carlos photographed our first look, Ceremony and family / friends portraits. Very professional, easy to work with, organized and delivered the negatives to us very quickly. Exceeded our expectations and the ten touched up images came out great- very detailed. Thanks Carlos!

Carlos Alayo Photography 1

Letitia · Married on 01/01/2018

3.5

Great job , was very quickly done .Got good pictures.
    Totally recommend .

• O

Olivia · Married on 04/10/2017

1.2
      0.5

I would have given Carlos 5 stars, however to this day we have not received the hard copy pictures we purchased from our wedding day and no explanation as to why the pictures never made it in the mail. Our city hall wedding took place in April, 2017.