Carl House Reviews

Carl House 5
Carl House 6
Carl House 7

Shannon · Married on 04/12/2013

I am so glad I had my wedding at the Carl House! The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Whether you have an indoor or outdoor ceremony, you couldn't find a prettier place to get married. The staff is amazing!! They take care of everything. The only thing you have to do on your wedding day is show up. Kelsey was my wedding planner and she was the best. She was there with me every step of the way and took care of anything I needed. The food is out of this world and so are the flowers. Lindy creates some of the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen! I recommend the Carl House to any bride who is looking for a classy place to have a beautiful southern wedding!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Stacey · Married on 02/15/2013

We had such a great wedding & wouldn't change it for the world. The only thing is my photographer felt rushed & couldn't take the photos felt like she had to work around the madness that was going on while we're taken photos. My advice - get married outside - seems like it would work out much easier with photos. Like I said though we had a blast our family's did & all our friends did too! Great place to get together! & I wouldn't change it, the lady that helped me Kelsey was amazeing, she was my rock through the whole process. Deanna Lancaster was great everyone enjoyed her simple & she got to the point & was my rock I was standing there as a nervous yet so in love bride! The young lady who waited on my bridal party was on point & pleased everyone, we still talk about how great she was. This place my special place made our day unforgettable & would do it again!

Sent on 02/27/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 01/18/2013

I cannot say enough about BB Web and her team at Carl House. From my very first meeting with Monika, I knew that I was in great hands. She went over every list to make sure that not only was I comfortable with the venue before I started planning, but that every question I had before my first meeting with Kelsey was answered quickly, thoroughly and happily. She even made sure I had a list of preferred vendors that would work with me, and a list of hotels that worked with Carl House to make sure that my guests were taken care of the second they got to town.
    Kelsey made sure that the planning phase went smoothy even though I didn't really have a clue where to start (and for someone as organized and retentive as I am, it was a great help). There was no question that was too big or too small, and I never felt like I was bothering them. The rehearsal and my wedding day went uber smoothly. They helped my vendors get set up and even made sure that when my musician forgot her music, my wedding was not ruined (internet connection and printer to save the day!). Kelsey didn't even mind wrangling my mother and a few of the other guests when I needed a moment to myself. She made sure I had everything I needed (and took on some of the server's jobs when I requested something that wasn't immediately at hand).
    The thing that amazed me the most about Carl House though was the fact that that attention to detail and the level of caring wasn't just for the people that I had been introduced to. While I was waiting to walk down the aisle (or staircase as the case may be), I was so nervous that I was sure I was going to have a meltdown and someone (I think her name was Linda) whose job didn't officially begin until after the ceremony and was watching from the balcony, just started talking to me. She asked me how long I've known my fiancé and about our families. Carl House was amazing because of all of these things. If I had to do it again I'd still choose them!

Sent on 02/02/2013

Robert · Married on 01/18/2013

My wife and i were shopping around for our wedding venue, she found Carl House and upon our initial meeting we both fell in love with this venue. The building was amazing the staff was even better than i could have expected. They were so very helpful and went above and beyond any of our expectations.

Sent on 02/07/2013

Tamiko · Married on 12/15/2012

This was the best experience ever. We planned our wedding from California and Monika, Kelsey and Lindy were all over the details. I did not have to worry about not one detail and the went flawlessly!. I cant thank you enough for making sure my special day was a huge success. We will back for our renewal of vows. Roles will be switched..(wink)

Tameca and Tamiko

Sent on 01/11/2013

Kimberly · Married on 11/18/2012

From the time Steve and I experienced our first Carl House event a year ago at one of your wine dinners, we knew this was the place where we wanted to be married. It was the first time we had the opportunity to meet and talk to B.B. who we found to be a lovely and captivating person. We then had the opportunity to first meet Monika when Steve and I went to the Bridal Show in January last year at the Carl House table that was set up there. Monika was great in helping us figure out dates, times, menu options and the many other questions that we ran by her, until passing the baton to Kelsey who was so great and gracious with her flexibility in meeting with us. It is so wonderful to have a wedding coordinator as part of the package so we did not have to worry about the small details, timing, line up and general coordination of everything and everyone. We then met Lindy, their inside Florist and spoke to her about our wedding ideas for a Fall wedding and she helped us to figure out the types of flowers we could use and the placement. The flowers were just perfect and beautifully arranged and placed during the ceremony and reception and we were able to enjoy them for many days after at our home. The mothers also enjoyed very much their bracelet which their wrist corsage was attached to. B.B. you have a really special venue there and a wonderful staff of people which I brag to people all the time about, but it also speaks for itself as well as we heard nothing but wonderful and glowing remarks from our family and guests about how much they loved the venue and how great everything and everyone was. The only bad thing was that it had to end. Both Steve and I will continue to be your marketing ambassadors and spread the word and praises of Carl House to people we know and prospective brides and grooms. Thank you all too for the beautiful engraved frame that you gave us as a wedding gift.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Mollie · Married on 10/12/2012

The Carl House was our one stop shop for our wedding and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Kelsey is amazing and took care of EVERYTHING we could have needed!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Gayle · Married on 08/18/2012

We were beyond pleased with the experience at the Carl House. The landscape, the food, and the service were perfect. Thanks to the staff we all felt like royalty for a day.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Mikaela · Married on 08/04/2012

FANTASTIC! As a young girl, I had always dreamed of my wedding day like most. My main requirements were to feel like a princess and have everything go perfectly. While it may sound far-fetched, that is exactly what I was provided by the Carl House. From the instant I had my initial meeting to consider the venue all the way through my special day, the staff made me feel like the princess as I had hoped and were so helpful. Now that I look back on my planning process, I never once felt like I was one of many brides being pushed to sign a check, have the party, and go which was extremely impressive considering the number of events the venue holds. I felt like there was an entire staff and group of people dedicated to making sure that my wedding day was perfect. The wedding director Dawn is an absolute sweetheart and genius. She makes you feel like anything in the world is possible and you literally do not stress when you and your event are in her hands. The entire night of my reception, everyone commented on how wonderful and helpful the staff were and I too witnessed their professionalism and commitment to the best service possible. From booking, to the bridal event, to the big day, my parents, groom and I could not have been more satisfied and appreciative of this wonderful venue. For every bride who has dreamed of being a princess, the Carl House is the exact venue for your dream to come true.

Sent on 08/13/2012

The Carl House provided the perfect venue for both our wedding and our reception. Throughout the planning process, every member of the Carl House team was professional and stayed in communication constantly. I really appreciated how organized and structured every meeting was and I never felt that my time was wasted.

On the day of the event, Dawn (the event manager) was in contact with me thoughout the day about the potential bad weather and she provided reassurance that everything was going to turn out beautifully (and it did). When I arrived at the venue, everything was already set up and ready to go. Unfortunately, I stepped in mud as I was getting out of my car and it splashed all over my feet and a small amount landed on my veil. Dawn immediately took me to the bridal suite and proceeded to rinse all of the mud off of my feet and she somehow got it out of my veil. She really went above and beyond to make me feel at ease and make sure that my day was perfect. The food was delicious and the service was incredible. The Carl House team made sure that my husband and I were eating throughout the evening and they never let our drinks empty.

The Carl House also provided our flowers and I cannot say enough about them. The bouquets and corsages were breathtaking and even better than I had originally envisioned. Working with Lindy (the Floral director) was wonderful.

I would recommend the Carl House to anybody that is interested in getting married in Georgia. We had the most special wedding day and we attribute our satisfaction to the amazing venue and services that the Carl House provided to us and our family.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Denise · Married on 06/17/2012

The Carl House director, florist and staff were great to work with from the start. The wedding venue was beautiful and the flowers were exactly what we wanted. They made the whole wedding experience really so much easier than I thought. Everyone enjoyed a fabulous day for our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Pam · Married on 06/16/2012

My daughter and her new groom were married at the Carl House on 6/16/12. Both have special needs so their wedding was unique. All the staff treated them with dignity and asked their opinion on every detail. The grounds were beautiful and Lindy did an absolute fantastic job on all the florals. The bridge was a focal point for my daughter. When we first looked at the Carl House a venue for her wedding, as soon as she saw that bridge, she was sold. Lindy had it decorated so pretty for her on her wedding day. Everyone went out of their way to make this a very special day for my daughter and her new husband. Dawn was there every step of the way monitoring and managing every little detail. As the mother of the bride, I was so impressed by the professionalism and well as the personalization all the staff showed my family. I wanted this day to be magical and perfect for my daughter . Everyone at the Carl House made this happen. Several guests have called to tell me how beautiful and meaningful the wedding was and to say how impressed they were with the venue. If you are getting married in the future, the Carl House is the place. Thank you all for everything you did so see that my daughter was taken care of in every way. It was a day that will never be forgotten thanks to all of you.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/09/2012

I recently had my wedding at the Carl House (June, 2012.) I could not be more happy with the experience! The staff took care of all the little details so that I didn't have to worry, and they were very eager to make the vision I had for my wedding a reality. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The venue itself is GORGEOUS...picture perfect in every way. It was also very reasonably priced. If I had to do it again, I would do it the exact same way and choose Carl House!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Michelle · Married on 05/13/2012

My daughter's wedding was everything she ever imagined it would be... I wouldn't change one thing about our experience with The Carl House. It was perfect!!! Monika and Kelsey, and everyone else we met through our planning, were gracious and accommodating. The venue is lovely, rain or shine, and we were happy with all the vendors that were referred to us as well.

Thank you!

Sent on 05/17/2012

The Carl House was one of the first venues we visited and I fell in love with it. The grounds are gorgeous. The house is also beautiful. I loved the staircase in the main room. It was one of the things that sold me on the place. Prior to the wedding day we worked with Kelsey and she was wonderful. She was very easy to work with, answered all of our questions, and was very accommodating. We also attended a bridal event before our wedding so we got to taste the food that was going to be served at our wedding. On the actual wedding day, everything flowed seamlessly. They had someone who attended to just the bridal party, and she was amazing. There was never anyone without a drink in their hand. Kelsey also kept the timeline flowing throughout the event. They set up a special table for us upstairs so we got to eat in private and that was so incredibly awesome! My only regret is that it all happened so fast. I loved everything about my experience with the Carl House! Beautiful venue, professional and courteous staff, excellent food, and excellent service. I wish I could have another wedding there!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Samantha · Married on 04/22/2012

From my first tour of the Carl House, I knew it would fulfil the April garden wedding I dreamed of as a little girl.

The garden is absolutely gorgeous, perfectly manicured and pristine. My favorite aspect of the garen is the walk way to the brick alter, specifically the white bridge. It's so pretty and the perfect opportunity to show off my dress. It also provides wonderful picture opportunities. The house itself is breath taking, especially the grand stair case leading into the ballroom. The ballrom is absolutely beautiful, open and perfect for the reception. The bridal and groom rooms are so cozy, yet spacious. I really enjoyed getting dressed and taking pictures in the bridal room.

Now, the service of the Carl House could not have been more perfect. Monika, the sales rep, and Kelsey, the wedding director, were so professional, curteous and extremely helpful. They both worked so well with us and made sure our day was perfect.

The day of the wedding, Kelsey was extraordiniarily attentive. She was with us during pictures, making sure we had water and whatever else we needed. The entire afternoon she and Nicole (a server) made sure the entire wedding party and their dates had a drink in hand. We never had a warm beer or glass of wine the entire day. Kelsey made sure everything ran on time that day... how many weddings actually start on time? Ours did and we were grateful for that, as were the guests because it was very hot that day.

The food was absolutely delicious. We had the Gardenia menu, which is more of an Italian theme. A good friend of ours is allergic to garlic and they made him a plate of food specifically without a trace of garlic. He raved his food was still amazing.

We used Lindy, the in-house florist, and our flowers were absolutely stunning. She was excellent about staying within our budget. Walking in the bridal room and seeing my bouquet brought me to tears... I was in awe. The bridesmaid bouquets were bright and beautiful, perfectly coordinating with their dresses.

The Carl House has a vendor list which makes choosing vendors stress free. We used several vendors from their list and we are so glad we did. The entire wedding process was relatively stress free and so much fun. The Carl House really helped with that. If we needed anything, Monika and Kelsey were always there.

The Carl House is the perfect place for a wedding. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2012

Carl House was brilliant!!! They did a fantastic job and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding or venue!!! We had tons of comments from guest's about how beautiful and perfect Carl House was for our wedding. The food was excellent and we enjoyed every minute of our wedding!!!! I highly, highly, highly recommend Carl House and all of the staff there!!!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Amy · Married on 04/07/2012

Paul and I had the most amazing wedding at the Carl House! The grounds and house were beautiful which made our pictures turn out amazing and staff was so great! Our guests made multiple comments throughout the night about how well they were taken care of and even got to know them by name! The food was fantastic and flawlessly displayed and the photo booth was so much fun! Carl House even packed up our leftover cake, flowers, and belongings at the end of the night so we could go enjoy our first evening as husband and wife! We will never forget our experience at the Carl House and would recommend them to anyone who wants the absolute perfect wedding!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Teresa · Married on 03/23/2012

Thank you Carl House for a fairy tale ceremony. The owner was a delight to deal with and the grounds are gorgeous.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Julie · Married on 02/19/2012

The Carl House was wonderful! The venue was perfect and the people were great! We had outstanding service and everyone went out of their way to help us and make our day perfect. I highly recommend the Carl House.

Sent on 03/30/2012

Mary Austin · Married on 11/27/2010

I could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding. The venue, staff, food and price was great!

Sent on 12/27/2010

Donna · Married on 10/22/2010

Carl House was hands down the best choice for our ceremony. The facility is absolutely gorgeous. The landscape beautiful for our outside ceremony. All of the staff at Carl House were very friendly and professional. We were truely treated like royality on our special day. We are still hearing from our friends and family about how they felt like they were in a fairy tale because the whole place is just so classy and the food was fabulous. Thank you so much Carl House for making our day truely special. It was worth every penny and more.

Sent on 11/05/2010

kenny · Married on 10/08/2010

My husband and I absolutely loved our wedding! The staff is so personable, caring, and accommodating! Monika, their sales person is a former Carl House bride, which showed me she must of loved her wedding to be working their now. The owner BB even came and sat in on our first appointment which really impressed me because it shows she really gets involved with the brides. The house speaks for itself, beautiful inside and outside ceremony site, which really sold me because I think you have to love the inside as much as the outside incase it rains. Go check it out, I fell in love!

Sent on 11/14/2010

Alexis · Married on 10/24/2009

The Carl House was the perfect place for our October 24, 2009 wedding. Not only was the venue beautiful and was perfect for what we wanted, the people who work there helped to make it a great day as well. Everything went smoothly on our wedding. The staff at the Carl House was very helpful each step of the way and was extremely great on our wedding day. The food was amazing as well! In all, we were very pleased with the Carl House and would recommend it to all of our family and friends.

Sent on 03/17/2011

Jodi · Married on 09/19/2009

It rained on our wedding day :( BUT it worked out perfectly! The Carl House is absolutely beautiful on the inside (with its double staircase and wonderful details). Denise, our wedding director, was so helpful. The Carl House staff didnt miss a beat the whole day. Everything was so well planned and timed to perfection. Guests weren't leaving early or looking bored at any moment!! It was beautiful, rainy, and perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2009