Carl House Reviews

Carl House 5
Carl House 6
Carl House 7

Alison · Married on 05/27/2016

There really are not enough words to describe how amazing this venue and its staff are! From our very first walkthrough we were treated so warmly and it immediately felt 'right'. The owner, BB, has done an amazing job making this venue absolutely magical inside and out! The venue is truly one of a kind and must be seen to truly appreciate it. Really pictures don't do it justice! Nicole was our wedding coordinator and she is just BEYOND!!! There really is no better word to describe how incredibly talented and awesome she is! She made sure to answer any questions or concerns that I had immediately all the way up to the big day. She was more than accommodating with my family's busy schedules and was so calm and reassuring anytime something went askew (as things do with any big event). On the big day she was there every step of the way, making sure that every detail was carried out to the fullest. It would not have been the amazing day it was without her. We received so many compliments from guest saying how beautiful the wedding was and I was so pleased by the amount of guests who commented that it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended! Honestly all of this praise goes to Nicole, BB, and the rest of the Carl House staff! If you choose this venue you will not be disappointed. The food is incredible, the venue is one of a kind, and the pricing is absolutely affordable. Also, I highly recommend using the Carl House florist, Lindy. She put together the most unique and perfect bouquets, boutonnieres, and floral arrangements, and even worked with me on pricing! I seriously doubt you will find better because believe me, we looked, it was truly a blessing to find this hidden gem! From the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank you all enough!!! ~Sincerely, Korey & Alison Wunderlin~

Sent on 06/13/2016

Staci · Married on 05/22/2016

This is an absolutely beautiful venue. Everyone there is awesome to work with from Lindy, their florist to Nicole, the wedding director. The food was amazing. I got a lot of compliments on the food. I recommend couples to definitely check out this venue. You will not be disappointed. I definitely was not disappointed.

Sent on 05/31/2016

jenna · Married on 05/21/2016

If you are searching for a venue that will LITERALLY give you a fairytale wedding look no further. The Carl house worked with my needs and wants every step of the way. We began planning in February of 2015 for our wedding on May 21st 2016. There was never a time that the staff did not go the extra mile to makes sure my wants were met at 100%. Their on site chef is a genius and the food is still being raved about by our guests. The on site florist Lindy is a true artist and worked with our budget and still delivered the most stunning arrangements I have ever seen.

If you are able to request a wedding coordinator from their staff please do yourself a favor and request Nicole. This woman was working with an injured foot all night long making sure everything was absolutely perfect that day. She is like part of our family now and we are forever grateful we had the privilege to work with her through the entire process.

And lastly, BB Webb the owner of the Carl House is a one of a kind gem! She personally made sure she was there at not only the wedding festivities but also and our planning sessions. She made sure no stone was left unturned and that my husband, family, guests, and myself had a 10 star experience.

Thank you for making our fairytale a reality! Become a Carl House bride and you will have the world at your feet!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Ariel · Married on 04/02/2016

Looking forward to my April 2, 2016 wedding. The grounds are just gorgeous and I am looking foward to my vision being shown to my guests.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Hae · Married on 04/02/2016

We had our wedding at Carl House on April 2nd, 2016. It was absolutely amazing! The Carl House was beautifully decorated, and food was amazing!! Nicole was determined to help us have the wedding of our dreams and we did! She went out of her way and i can't express how much I appreciate it! The staff was also so warm and inviting. They went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect. I still have friends and family telling us just how beautiful everything was during the ceremony and reception.
    Thank you very much Carl House!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Caroline · Married on 03/13/2016

This a the perfect place for a charming, southern wedding! The Carl House is down the road from my grandparent's house in Auburn, GA, so I grew up seeing the Carl House as a magical place where parties happen. To have my wedding there was really a dream come true. The staff are all so friendly, professional, and very accommodating. I highly recommend this place as a great venue for a wedding near Atlanta.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Jeanette · Married on 12/05/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at the Carl House earlier this month, and it couldn't have been more wonderful! The house and the grounds are absolutely stunning, and with the house decorated for the holidays, everything was perfectly elegant for our evening wedding. The whole Carl House staff was amazing! Nicole was outstanding from the very first meeting to the very end of the wedding night! She made sure the day went smoothly and that every detail was taken care of. Lindy was awesome and made such beautiful flower arrangements, and the food was delicious! All the guests at our wedding are still commenting on how fantastic everything was. We are so glad we chose the Carl House for our special day. We couldn't be happier!!!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Liza · Married on 11/08/2015

Hello Readers, Just to let you know a little about myself. I am the bride of this recent event. When starting this journey I was finishing up my last year of professional school, so my schedule was a little crazy to say the least. I researched and researched ......and researched multiple venues to have my dream wedding. At first my row Husband and I wanted to get married at a venue that could accommodate a decent party size and have our ceremony and reception inside. We wanted a venue that would take care of our family, wedding party, and guests. Also, we wanted a venue that was willing to work with my budget. After visiting multiple venues my husband and I finally visited the Carl house. I was blown away by the venue. It was so Beautiful I even considered changing our plan and wanted to have my ceremony outside. Also, the house was so gorgeous and the Carl House was fully staffed to take care of all of my guests. In addition they had on site catering and florals! So, I thought ok how much is this going to cost me???? I thought it was going to blow my budget.... but Carl House was very good about helping me decide what I really wanted/needed so that i could have the dream wedding that I wanted that also fit within my budget. Also, they were really good about working with my busy schedule! So as you already know I booked my wedding date with Carl House. But the great things do not end just yet.... If you book with Carl House, they have a list of amazing vendors that are just as fabulous. I researched every vendor myself inside and outside of Carl House recommendations. My other recommendation to you is to book their Florist Lindy! She made the vision of the flowers and decor of my wedding so much better that I could image. I would not have changed a single thing. Lastly, I need you to know about Carl House's Amazing Wedding Coordinator Nicole! The day of my wedding, when I say it poured..... IT POURED!!! Nicole help make every decision I made so stress free! We ended

Sent on 11/22/2015

Sherricka · Married on 10/31/2015

Once we laid eyes on Carl House, my husband and I knew immediately that this was the perfect venue to hold our intimate, classic vintage themed wedding! Not only were the grounds and venue beautiful, the Carl House staff were an ABSOLUTE pleasure to work with as we planned our special day. Through the entire planning process and the day of, they were very responsive, thorough, accommodating, professional, AND patient (with all of our questions). As a result, we felt very confident in Carl House's ability to deliver. From the beautifully executed florals by Lindy to the stellar wedding coordination by Nicole, our wedding day was magical and far exceeded our expectations. And the magic did not stop there...the in house catering by Carl House was also exceptional! Kudos to Carl House, especially Nicole and Lindy!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Bob · Married on 10/25/2015

The Carl House exceeded our expectations in every way. The setting is simply beautiful both inside and out. The gardens are pretty any time of year, and the ballroom is always classy and elegant. The dressing rooms are nicer than most suites at anyone's home.

Our guests raved about the food, and a number of them even wanted to know if they served meals on "off days". The Honey Pecan Crusted Chicken is outstanding! The potatotini bar was a big hit. Everyone enjoyed getting goofy in the Photo Booth, and we have all those memories.

We especially appreciated all the work that out wedding director, Nicole, provided. She took care of so many details that we sometimes didn't even think about needing. This included where to place photos and decorations to the order of the wedding party to giving cues to the DJ.

Thanks to the Carl House our daughter thought her wedding was perfect in every way, and she could not have asked for anything more.

If you are looking for a venue near the Athens/Winder area, you must put the Carl House on your list to visit.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Maydel · Married on 10/22/2015

Nicole and the staff had a genuine desire to make the wedding of my dreams a reality. The grounds were beautiful, food plentiful and delicious. Everyone we've spoken to said it was one of the most magical weddings they've attended. Nicole kept everything running so smoothly, but we realize that it is a team effort and every one of them was totally on board. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing wedding... we owe so much of it to Nicole and he entire staff at Carl House. Warmly, Rich and Maydel Sindicic

Sent on 11/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I got married on October 3, 2015 and I may be biased but our wedding was perfect! Nicole at the Carl House was incredible, she made sure the entire night ran smoothly without anyone being stressed or behind schedule! The entire staff made sure everyone had what they needed. The food, setup, decorations, and everything went smoothly. We ended up having an indoor wedding due to the rain and it was better than we could've imagined!

Sent on 12/08/2015

All of the staff was so helpful and friendly and truly help you celebrate the start of your marriage in a way that is perfect and fitting for you and your spouse. The house itself is gorgeous and the gardens and grounds have wonderful spots for pictures!!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Ruth · Married on 08/27/2015

Service was really good & professionalism. They provide good quality service to all the guest. We are so happy about the service.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Sarah Beth · Married on 08/15/2015

I have always heard good things about the Carl House when it came to the actual house and the beauty of the grounds. Even in December when me and my fiance (at the time) went to view the venue, I was amazed with its beauty. So, I knew that on my wedding day I would not be disappointed with "appearances". I also was in love with the pictures of the Carl House floral. I was blown away on my wedding day. Lindy, the floral director, was amazing. She did a fantastic job. I could have not asked for anything different. THE STAFF WAS AMAZING. Our wedding director Nicole was so sweet and always on point. She was available whenever I needed her and was a great guide during the entire process. The food was wonderful. The chef will change the flavoring to whatever you would like (spicier, etc.). I truly felt like a princess on my wedding day because the Carl House staff waited on us hand and foot. It was an amazing experience and the Best Day Ever! Cheers to happily ever after!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2015

I can NOT begin to say enough WONDERFUL things about Carl House! Once I saw the beautiful double stair case, I knew this was place where our fairy tale wedding would take place. The grounds, reception hall, the house, really every aspect is absolutely breathtaking. Nicole, the head wedding planner, made our day so stress free that we were able to enjoy every aspect of our special day! She and her team at Carl House took care of every detail. Lindy, head of floral, made all of our flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres. All of the flowers were exquisite. They added so much beautiful color to our ceremony and reception. All of the staff at Carl House worked flawlessly together and helped my husband Dustin and I to have the best day ever! I highly recommend Carl House to any bride who is looking for a romantic fairy tale!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2015

I really can't say enough good things about the Carl House. My wedding was absolutely gorgeous. The food was awesome and the entire staff was just great from start to finish. I DIYed my wedding like crazy, creating and buying a lot of my own decor and the Carl House staff was totally no problem with all my ideas. Special thanks to Nicole Benson, she is awesome and I felt like she made it her personal mission to make sure my wedding went smoothly! Also Lindy Marco, the sweetest lady on the planet and a beyond talented florist. She created this gorgeous floral wreath for the grand staircase. It literally took my breathe away and she just went above and beyond to help me set up decor. I thought maybe she would just help place fans on the outdoor seating, but when me and my bridesmaids came in, EVERYTHING was done. It was like a magical wedding fairy came in and brought my vision to life! Very pleased with my entire experience!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Our experience at the Carl House was spectacular. Everyone was a joy to work with and they made it so easy for my mom and I to plan my special day. Nicole was spectacular and always knew the answer to every question and was more than willing to answer anything I had to ask. Lindy made the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. The food was spectacular and so was the service on my wedding day. The team is so upbeat & positive. BB (the owner) was even around during my wedding and she was an extreme joy to be around too. I cannot say enough positive things about the place. The grounds are GORGEOUS if you want to take pictures outside and it was very conducive to a large wedding party. My wedding ended up having around 150 guests and it was a perfect fit for the reception. Thank you again to the entire Carl House staff for making my wedding so perfect! I will definitely recommend your venue to future Brides!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Hillary · Married on 05/03/2015

This was the first and only venue we visited for our wedding! We absolutely fell in love with the elegant, rustic feel the Carl House offers. Inside and out this place is breathtakingly beautiful, and it is also fantastically affordable! Catering and florals are onsite, which were HUGE stress relievers, and the whole team is involved in making your day perfect! We could not have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2015

A wedding is stressful enough without adding in all the outside opinions and changes in plans (that are not your idea), but working with Nicole Benson and The Carl House made my perfect day that much easier. Nicole was by my side the entire time and always available to me if I needed her. On the wedding day she made everything run smoothly. What this wedding showed me is that I am a bit of a control freak (I would usually like to do everything on my own, so I know it's done right), but Nicole made me feel totally comfortable letting go of that control and allowing her to take the reins. I had complete trust in her, and for good reason. I don't how she pulled it off, but the night was seamless. The rain even held off so we could do the ceremony outside, which is gorgeous! The reason I picked this place though was that, even if it had been inside, it would have been just as beautiful. The inside is GORGEOUS! The staff that was serving everyone was great and very attentive. I didn't get to meet her, but my guests had raving reviews for the bartender, they said she was hilarious. Lindy and her team provided the flowers and I can't say enough wonderful things about them either. There was no stress there, she was quick to respond to any questions I had. The flowers were everything I dreamed of and more. She really listened to what I wanted and more than delivered. She is also there to set up centerpieces, which was another thing I didn't have to worry about because she did a fabulous job. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this venue. Everything was perfect and WHEN you pick them you will be in excellent hands.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Haley · Married on 01/17/2015

I couldn't be more pleased with how my big day went at the Carl House!! From the food, to the service, everything was 100 percent what I wanted. The staff were incredibly thoughtful and were so helpful and made the day run smooth as silk. It was beautiful inside and out! We had an indoor ceremony and it was beautiful and the staff flipped the ballroom in a very reasonable amount of time for the reception. Most of all, I'd like to mention the on site coordinator, Nicole! She was the absolute best part of my experience at the Carl House and made sure everything was just right behind the scenes. I don't know what I would have done without her. I would recommend the Carl House to anyone looking to have their big day there. They are professional, easy to work with, and have a beautiful campus. I loved it!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Katie · Married on 12/21/2014

My husband and I truly loved our experience with the Carl House. Everything about our special day was perfect because of the extraordinary team at the venue. Nicole, our wedding director, made us feel at ease as she took care of every last detail for us. She was always available to answer questions before the event, and she stayed with us through the rehearsal and wedding day to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. The venue itself was beautiful for the wedding. Our wedding was in December, and the decorations for Christmas were so elegant. The ballroom where the ceremony and reception took place was so wonderful as well, and no other indoor ceremony space could compare. The double staircase entrance is so unique to the venue and provides the bride with a regal grand entrance to the ceremony that won't be easily forgotten. In addition to the beautiful estate and wedding director, Lindy, the florist, is amazing at what she does and she works diligently to go beyond your expectations without breaking the bank. The catering is great as well, as all of our food was excellent. The entire night was more than I could have ever asked for.

Sent on 01/18/2015

Jaimie · Married on 12/13/2014

Everything was great – from the venue, to the food, to the service we received. The venue is gorgeous, has outdoor or indoor ceremony space. We did indoor. It has a beautiful mezzanine (I walked down the stairs to the aisle, and we had dinner upstairs with bridal party and close family – very intimate). Our guests raved about the food, everything was delicious! The wedding coordinator was awesome – she was always quick to respond to all of my questions, even near the end, when I was probably a not-so-fun-to-work-with stressed-out Bride(zilla). She was great the day of too – gathering our things from the rooms, which we may have left otherwise. We paid for our entire wedding ourselves, and this venue allowed us the day of our dreams. SO fairly priced for what you get!! Ceremony, Reception, Dinner, cocktail hour and hordervs, beer and wine, and a photo booth! To this day, there are friends and family members that tell us our wedding was one of the most beautiful weddings they have attended. I’d highly recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Susanna · Married on 12/12/2014

Choosing Carl House for our reception venue was the best decision I made regarding the reception. Not only is the site beautiful, elegant, and charming, but the staff is fantastic as well. Nicole made the entire event run smoothly and made sure every detail of the evening was taken care of. Lindy, the in-house florist, is absolutely amazing as well. Our flowers were more perfect than I could have ever envisioned. The food was also exceptional! Our event was held in December so the house was decorated for Christmas, which was absolutely stunning! I highly recommend using the Carl House for any special event!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Maggie · Married on 11/08/2014

Our wedding at the Carl House was simply perfect! The Carl House staff were amazing to work with leading up to our wedding and the day of. They were attentive to every detail and made the day go by as smoothly as possible. On the big day, Nicole (their in-house coordinator) was on top of everything. She worked with our outside vendors including the large band and photographer to get them all set. The whole time, she made sure everything went perfectly so I didn't have to worry about it. Everyone says your wedding day is a blur, but I remember every detail of mine because I did not have to worry about the small things. Nicole made sure everyone got to the buffet, that the band played at the right time, that speeches and toasts were made, and that guests knew where to go for cocktail hour. She made sure our bags were packed into the limo at the end of the night. She made sure that we had a chance to eat our dinner without everyone crowding the bridal table. The Carl House staff took such great care of the whole bridal party. They brought us drinks and some of the appetizers while we were taking pictures so that we would not miss out on the amazing food. They had one person who took care of just my husband and I the whole night. And, the food was amazing! All of our guests said the food was great. We also held our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at the Carl House, which was also perfect. Anna, the events manager, worked with us to make sure that the ballroom had completely different setups and feelings for both days so that our family and bridal party did not feel that they were having the same dinner experience twice. And again, the food was wicked awesome! I could go on and on about how wonderful the Carl House staff and Nicole were. Everything was perfect and I would not have changed a thing. It was the wedding my husband and I pictured it to be and we were not stressed at all the whole day.

Sent on 11/19/2014