Carl House Reviews

Carl House 6
Carl House 7
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 07/29/2017

I highly recommend choosing the Carl House for your wedding venue. Not only is the property absolutely beautiful on it's own, but the Carl House team is what make the Carl House worth every penny(and we found affordable too). I fell in love with the property of the Carl House in the beginning loving that you could have both ceremony and reception in one place. What I later found out was that the Carl House has their own wedding director, on site florist, and on site catering. I cannot even begin to explain all that the wedding director, Nicole Benson, did to make our wedding run smoothly. Not only did we get to meet with her several times before the big day to verify all details and schedule were exactly how we wanted them, but the day of our wedding went flawlessly thanks to Nicole. I don't know how she does it, but if you turned around in need, there was Nicole. She was amazing! The Carl House also has their own on-site florist, Lindy DeMarco. She met with us prior to the wedding and emailed back and forth answering my questions and when wedding day arrived, my flowers were EXACTLY the vision I had in my head. Absolutely stunning! She did bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, a large centerpiece for ceremony, and helped with all décor. We arranged to have Lindy and her team set up all décor for the tables and reception area and she delivered beautifully. The food was wonderful. I had folks asking us who the catering company was so they could use them for their events after the wedding! The Carl House team thought of it all- down to serving cups of water at the ceremony to our guests since it was hot while waiting. I am so thankful we chose the Carl House for our fairy tale wedding and would highly recommend them for your wedding! Thank you Carl House for providing the wedding to remember and cherish for a lifetime.
    -Meredith and Andrew Classon

Sent on 08/23/2017

Shelby · Married on 07/01/2017

It couldn't have been a more perfect, beautiful day. The Carl House went above and beyond my expectations with the incredible flower arrangements by Lindy, the wonderful food for dinner, and a top-notch wedding director, Nicole. I am thrilled I chose the Carl House for my wedding! Even almost a month later, I'm still talking about it, and people are still telling me how beautiful and perfect it was! Thank you Carl House team!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Gina · Married on 06/24/2017

Carl House was an excellent place to have our wedding. We planned our wedding about 1 month before we got married. We originally were going to have a destination wedding that became too complicated, and Carl House accommodated us last minute. It was supposed to be an outdoor wedding, but rained every day last week. Indira was amazing.....she set up both an inside and outside location, and literally waited until 30 minutes prior to guests arriving to have to make the final call. Beautiful location!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Kaleigh · Married on 05/21/2017

My husband and I chose the Carl House for our wedding venue for a couple of reasons. For starters, I grew up in the area, and passed the Carl House every day of my life on the way to and from school, and I always thought it was so beautiful. Then, after we toured this historic house, we knew it was the one for us. I love history and all things old and beautiful, and my husband loves the outdoors and natural things. So between the antique nature of the inside, plus the outdoor ceremony site and the gardens, this place was perfect.

From the start, we knew we had made the right decision. We were so lucky to have Nicole as our wedding coordinator, and she truly made the wedding planning experience so much easier and enjoyable as she was always there to answer my many many questions. The day of could not have been more smooth thanks to Nicole and her team, and the directions she gave.

Speaking of the team, I was just beyond blown away by the service of the Carl House. Every one of the workers there had smiles on their faces and they served our wedding guests to the fullest. During dinner they walked around and took our guests dishes when they were finished, and they went above and beyond to pass out our cupcakes (we allowed each of our guests to choose their own cupcakes, so it was more difficult for them to be passed out). There was even someone standing outside by the ceremony site passing out water to our guests who arrived early! Amazing!

The food was even better than it smelled too! We chose the pasta bar because I love pasta so much, and we were not disappointed! Those meatballs were the best I've ever had, and my husband loved the pesto sauce. There is always this joke that you will not eat at your own wedding because there is no time, but Nicole was not having that. She made sure that we were able to sit down and actually eat the delicious food that we chose.

I think I could write a book about our wedding experience and how amazing that it was!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Haley · Married on 05/20/2017

We chose the Carl House because of their superior customer service! Everyone we worked with was wonderful and they took care of every detail. The wedding day was perfect- no complaints. All our guests were impressed and many commented that everyone should get married at the Carl House! We couldn't have asked for a better experience on our big day.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Kim · Married on 05/19/2017

One of my friends got married here and I was a Bridesmaid in the wedding. Everyone was so nice and very professional. Not to mention the venue itself is GORGEOUS!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Kasi · Married on 05/07/2017

Our wedding at the Carl House was amazing! Totally a stress-free day: the staff took care of everything, and my husband and I weren't stressed at all. Definitely recommend this venue for a gorgeous wedding and reception: the Carl House will take care of you!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Annique · Married on 04/29/2017

We are so happy we chose Carl House for our venue! Our family and friends were blown away by how beautiful it was and kept talking about the flowers and the food. Nicole, the Wedding Director, was very helpful throughout the process and made everything run smoothly. One of the awesome things about Carl House is that you get a 90 day and 30 day planning meeting (most venues just do 3 weeks out and our Wedding Planner was extremely impressed by this) which means that there are no surprised the day of and Nicole knows exactly what you want. Really, the level of professionalism and service was wonderful and the price was extremely affordable. We are so happy we chose Carl House!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Tracy · Married on 04/23/2017

We chose the Carl House because the venue offered an all-inclusive option. We were busy and did not want too many details to manage ourselves. The house and grounds are beautiful. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Lindy's flower arrangements were gorgeous. She captured just what I described. Nicole and Indira were amazing. I wish I got our personal attendant's name because she was there at all the right times and so sweet. By the time the wedding is here, it feels like you have made several new friends! I had several compliments on the food also. The Carl House had a southern charm that I loved. It was the perfect wedding for us.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Christina · Married on 04/01/2017

I had an April 2017 wedding here and it was PHENOMENAL thanks to the Carl House. Nicole is the best wedding planner and knows exactly what she is doing. Lindy did an incredible job on the florals. Both of them are talented and they make sure it's done exactly how you want it. People are STILL talking about the food and how gorgeous the wedding was. All of the vendors that the Carl House provides do an exceptional job. If you are interested in booking your wedding here... do it! I toured over 15 venues with my spouse and once we stepped foot into the Carl House we never looked back.

Sent on 04/16/2017

Jordan · Married on 03/25/2017

My wedding was absolutely MAGICAL at the Carl House!! From the grounds, to the staff, to the decor and florals, to the food everything was to PERFECTION! Nicole and Indira were AMAZING making sure every detail of the wedding was taken care of so that I could just enjoy. Lindy did a fantastic capturing our vision for the florals. The food was delicious and the waitstaff very professional. I always had a dream as to what my wedding would be like and the Carl House completely outdid my expectations. We received so many compliments from all guests regarding how beautiful the wedding and venue were. I cannot begin to thank every one involved for making my dreams come true. I would recommend this amazing venue to anyone!! Thank you again Carl House!!!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Mary · Married on 03/25/2017

The moment I first stepped into the Carl House, I knew it was the place where I wanted to get married. My husband and I did visit one more venue after seeing the Carl House, but our hearts and minds never left it. The Carl House team simply made us feel at home from the very beginning. Whether you want an indoor or outdoor ceremony, this place is absolutely beautiful. If you need a florist, look no further than their very own Lindy. She did an amazing job with our flowers; everything was beautiful! Our wedding day really was perfect, and we could not have done it without our wedding director Nicole. She kept a positive outlook even when I was worried about rain (the weather was perfect!). It is clear that she loves what she does, and she is great at it. She made the day go so smoothly making it possible for me to enjoy every last second. If you are looking for a place to get married, or for any other special event, you will not find a better place than the Carl House.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Alexis · Married on 03/18/2017

I cannot express how wonderful it was to have my wedding at the Carl House. When my husband and I were first looking for a venue for our wedding, we were set on going to another place UNTIL we visited the Carl House. We were blown away by their customer service, and we knew that this was where we wanted to have our reception.

Our wedding director, Nicole, was a life savor! She was easy to talk to and made the whole wedding process stress free. I have really bad anxiety and with planning a wedding I found myself in tears often. However, the one thing I did not have to worry about was the venue. Nicole assured me that everything was taken care of and she was in constant contact whenever I needed her.

The day of the wedding was beyond perfect! Many of my guest who traveled from all parts of the U.S. kept talking about how beautiful the Carl House was. My family from up north even wished they had a place similar to the Carl House to host their events. Between the venue, food, service, photographer (Stevi Clack) and DJ (Daniel Espeute) this was a wedding never to forget!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Jenny · Married on 10/29/2016

The Venue is amazing. Gorgeous and I highly recommend you book your Wedding here. Service is great. As the bride we had an open bar and they made sure my husband and I were taken care of first and anything we wanted they had it to us in a matter of minutes. We had the Southern Comfort menu and the food was amazing! I wish I could have taken some home with me. We also did the chocolate fountain and that was a huge hit along with the photo booth. I couldn't have asked for a better night. Thank you again Carl House for making my wedding one to remember.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Khary · Married on 10/16/2016

The Carl House made our wedding dream come true. I could write for hours about all the little things they did for us.
    They made the planning process very easy, their communication was always fast and professional. Nicole Benson is an awesome wedding planner who was just on point throughout the planning and the wedding day itself, while staying polite and friendly no matter how stressful it was. Lindy, the florist, patiently listened to all of our requests regarding decoration and flowers and realized it perfectly. Also, the service staff on our wedding day was wonderful!
    We are so glad we chose Carl House as our venue!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Khary · Married on 10/16/2016

The Carl House made our wedding dream come true. From the first tour until the end of the wedding, they delivered on every level. Great and easy communication, transparent contract, wonderful staff. No complaints!

Sent on 12/15/2016

caroline · Married on 10/01/2016

We decided on August 1st were wanted to be married this Oct, two weeks later we were engaged, had a venue, dress and plan. I can not tell you how easy The Carl House made our wedding of 100 on a budget of 14k. It was a tight budget, but we wanted to pay for the wedding ourselves.

We started looking for a venue on a Tuesday and spent the weekend on venue appointments. At the end of the weekend we were narrowed to two very different locations, the Carl House and a warehouse. The decision became easy when we took a drive and visited them back to back.

The Carl House offered all in house vendors, saving me the time and headache of having to organize, coordinate and blend different types of vendors to one wedding plan. The packages saved the unneeded hassle of coming back around to a venue and caterer to select set up and food. In a meeting that lasted less than two hours, we had a venue, menu, flowers, table setup, agenda, cocktail hour and coordinator all arranged. From there we selected invitations, seating cards, honeymoon, DJ, Photographer, Videographer, and cake.

I've never been married before, but the Carl House and especially Nicole make it a breeze. We have a friend that is a wedding coordinator at a competitor and she complemented us on how lovely and seemless the event was.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Ashton · Married on 09/24/2016

The Carl House is a beautiful venue! All of the staff were very professional, helpful, and dedicated. They did a great job with our wedding! The service was great and so was the food! The only thing I would have changed would be to have more time! It all went by too fast!
    We definitely recommend the Carl House!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Alaina · Married on 09/03/2016

First of all, I have to say that my wedding was absolutely perfect!! From the weather to the venue, I couldn't have asked for a better day. Nicole Benson was the planner we worked with and she was AWESOME! I could not have asked for a better person to help get this altogether. She was super attentive and responsive! She provided a ton of suggestions and incite. There were a lot of areas that I had no clue what I wanted and she helped bridge gaps. The overall staff at Carl House was fantastic. Everyone was so great and helpful!! A big thanks to Angela for showing us the venue when we came the first time and making time for us the day after Christmas when we decided to book it. A HUGE thank you to Lindy, the in house florist, for preparing the flower arrangements for the wedding. They were absolutely breathtaking and not to mention affordable! She was so great to work with and took time to learn what I wanted. The food is prepared in house as well and is amazing! I would strongly suggest choosing Carl House as your wedding venue. It is a stunning venue and very affordable! They have packages that work for any bride and groom. You can tailor to whatever you want! The staff works very hard to make the day special. I am beyond ecstatic that I chose Carl House.

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 09/03/2016

I couldn't have better things to say about working with Nicole Benson and her team. Throughout the planning process, Nicole was attentive, organized and resourceful.

Nicole helped to alleviate any additional stress leading up to the wedding by providing helpful tips and resources that kept me and my husband on track for our big day. She took the reigns on our rehearsal day and made sure all of our attendants (and little ones!) knew exactly what they were doing, and made it fun and enjoyable throughout.

On our wedding day, I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because Nicole was on it. Every little detail, every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for a better planner, and am so grateful that we picked Nicole to help us throughout our wedding planning.

I would recommend Nicole and her team to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Lincy · Married on 08/20/2016

The Carl House was a perfect fairytale wedding! I had an August wedding, and the staff was very professional and so helpful. I can not say enough words about how perfect everything was.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Sierra · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I enjoyed our experience working with the Carl House staff. Nicole was assigned to work are wedding and man she was AWESOME! She did not miss a beat and ALWAYS made herself available to us. Lindy, the in house florist, did our flowers for the wedding and they were so amazing. I was so shocked to see how amazing the flowers looked for the price we paid. Lindy is truly talented and a pleasure to work with. Chef Kelly did the food for the wedding and she did an amazing job as well! Our guest kept talking about how awesome the food was. The owner Ms. BB was also very pleasant and hands on with her business. It was nice to see that the owner cared about her business and wanted to make sure that our experience was pleasant. Overall, the Carl House was a great choice for our wedding venue. The staff truly cares about making your wedding a day to remember and I would recommend the Carl House to anybody looking for a wedding venue in Atlanta. Thank you Carl House for an amazing wedding !
    ~The Barrs~

Sent on 07/31/2016

Sondra · Married on 07/16/2016

This venue is not only beautiful and amazing but the people who oversee and run the venue are perfect too! We were over the moon with how efficient the entire staff was and how talented everyone was! Well worth the effort that was put into planning!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/25/2016

Having my wedding at the Carl House was the best decision I could've ever made. I'm a very laid back person and I wanted a stress free wedding. That's exactly what I got. Everything was taken care of for me from day one. My menu was perfect, flowers, decorations, I could go on and on about how beautiful our wedding was, from the ceremony to the reception. Nicole was the most amazing person ever. She made sure everything was perfect for me and made sure I was relaxed and calm before the ceremony. She even helped me sit down each time in my dress. I'm so happy with how beautiful our special day was. Thank you so much to the Carl House and Carl House staff!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Brandy · Married on 06/11/2016

Carlhouse was the perfect venue. Nicole and all the staff were amazing. Everyone waa friendly and accommodated all of my needs. I would recommend this venue. Also would recommend lindy with floral, my bouquet and flowers were beautiful.

Sent on 06/15/2016