Carl House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Krystal
    Krystal E. Getting married on 05/08/2022

Amazing - covid and all

The Carl House and staff was an absolute dream to work with. My husband and I fell in love with the venue the moment we saw it. Nicole, the in house planner, made my every vision come true. I was able to be completely hands off during my big day and she took care of everything. If anything went wrong, I didn't know about it. She always made sure myself and the wedding party had drinks in hand. This was especially appreciated after the ceremony and before pictures. She handled the coordination with my outside vendors (which was only photography, DJ, and officiant - Carl House has in house staff for just about everything else). The food was exquisite. I was an absolute mess planning my wedding amidst Covid but Nicole and the team made me feel completely at ease. My day was absolutely perfect! The only thing I would have changed was adding extra time to my reception!
  • Hayley
    Hayley S. Married on 05/14/2021

Amazing venue

The Carl House was everything I dreamed of and more. When we first started looking, I had never even heard of The Carl House. I saw some pictures online and decided to check it out. When we got there, we both fell in love. We loved how simple The Carl House made it. Everything was laid out right in front of us. The only thing we needed to worry about was photography, videography, cake and the DJ.

Nicole was also AMAZING. She made sure all of my questions were answered and helped everything go so smooth. My bridesmaids and groomsman especially loved her ability to always keep a drink in their hands whether before the ceremony or during pictures. I could not imagine our big day with out her!

Finally, Lindy, the in house florist was amazing as well. I brought in a lot of my own decorations but she helped with florals and making sure my vision came to life.

If you're looking for a venue, I highly recommend The Carl House.
  • Abigail
    Abigail F. Married on 04/09/2021

A Bride's Dream

When I began looking for a wedding venue, I saw what felt like every type of venue possible before my visit to the Carl House, yet when my mother and I pulled into the driveway the first time, I immediately knew The Carl House was the one. One of the best things about the Carl House is that so much of the major things you need - catering, florist, day-of coordinator, décor - are built into the package cost. As an out of town bride (I live in DC and got married in GA), that aspect of Carl House was a life saver. Everything was phenomenal. The food was good, the flowers and décor were beautiful and exactly what I wanted (thank you, Lindy!), and it was all packaged perfectly into the naturally beautiful, southern estate home feel I so desired. Carl House management has thought of everything a bride and groom might desire for their wedding, including two fun photo booths (highly recommend!) and elegantly decorated respective bride and groom suites for getting ready/dressed. The staff was amazing also. Before the ceremony began, the staff took the beverage orders of the wedding party/family and had drinks ready and waiting for us after the ceremony and then passed hors d'oeuvres to us while we took pictures during cocktail hour so we didn't have to miss a moment of our day and all that we planned for. It was truly the perfect touch of added service that puts Carl House above other venues. To top it all off, Nicole, the day-of coordinator, is excellent at her job and helped keep the entire day and evening flowing smoothly. I was SO glad to have her overseeing the entire event because it took a huge weight off my and my family's shoulders knowing we had someone we could trust. I could not be happier with having selected the Carl House as my wedding venue and highly recommend their services.
    Alexia Married on 07/04/2020

Happy to have chosen Carl House.

David, Nicole, Lindy, Debbie and their team have been great. All the guests loved the venue, the food, and had a great time.
    We chose Carl House partially because all corners of the house are picture perfect. From the rooms that we’re getting ready in, to the bathrooms and of course reception area and the entire backyard full of flowers and with a fountain and a gorgeous gazebo.
    They also have an in-house chef who has a great menu, the drink selection was good as well.
    Nicole was wonderful to keep things moving and stay on schedule as much as possible.
    They also have an in-house decorator who can make any dream vision come true with flowers and linens.
    The staff that brings food and drinks during the first look photos to us to make sure we still eat and can enjoy their appetizer.
    We also really appreciated David’s help throughout the planning stages.
    Carl is a quiet place between Winder and Lawrenceville and was easy to find for all of our guests.
    I would definitely recommend Carl House for your future event.
  • Mikayla
    Mikayla A. Married on 03/14/2020

Even Covid couldn't keep Carl House Down

Carl House was phenomenal! It is absolutely beautiful and their staff is incredibly competent. I am so so grateful to Nicole and Debbie for helping us through the process of contracting and especially on the big day. We had several cancellations due to the Corona outbreak but Nicole was a champ and helped me re-coordinate our entire seating chart on the day of all the while wrangling groomsmen and vendors. I would absolutely return for any event.
    Briana Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Breathtaking Venue

My husband and I got married September 2019 and words cannot describe how amazing the Carl House was. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, but everything ran SO smoothly thanks to the owner and staff of the venue. The wedding coordinator, Nicole, was so accommodating with all of our wishes. The staff was incredible, making sure we had appetizers and drinks all during the cocktail hour while we were taking pictures. We felt like royalty, as did our guests and bridal party. The staff was so helpful with my family at the end of the night and packed their car with all of the decorations and flowers. And Lindy, the Carl House florist, was AMAZING!! Oh my goodness, I was speechless with her work and it was worth every penny. The venue exceeded our expectations beyond belief. We could not have imagined a more beautiful wedding! Thank you so much Carl House for the best day of our lives.
    Chad W. Married on 08/10/2019

Just Right for Us

I can’t begin to say enough good things about the Carl House. It was the perfect wedding venue for our wedding. The house is beautiful, but the grounds are exquisite. If you drive by, you may think the location detracts from the venue; however, once you drive through the gates, you’re transported. The grounds are intimate, quiet and much more expansive than you would think just from viewing the house from the road. The entire property makes for gorgeous pictures from every angle.

But Carl House is more than just a pretty location. It’s a business that is ready to make your wedding perfect. The event team is absolutely incredible. You get a dedicated wedding director, who will walk you through every fine detail of your day. I also recommend using their onsite florist, Lindy — her ideas and creations will stun you. Then they have an incredibly service-oriented wait staff that will make a delicious meal to impress your guests. No one will leave hungry, that’s for certain.

So with all of this talent, you’d expect to deal with some attitude, right? Not here. I’m actually sad the wedding planning is over because I’ll miss everyone we interacted with. Everyone was so incredibly friendly, to the point it felt like I was planning my wedding with my best friends. At every turn, they wanted to make sure we were happy with how things were shaping up and would bend over backwards to make it work. And that’s with them running several events each week! I just can’t get over how well they treated us, which is why I recommend this venue over others.

I’d also be remiss if I didn’t mention that my wedding was a same-sex wedding. Honestly, we were a little nervous about getting married in a small town and that the staff might be a little cold. As I have hopefully conveyed, none of that was the case. They were thrilled to plan our wedding and at no point did we feel uncomfortable.

Carl House also works with many vendors, like photographers and DJs, that they can connect you with if you need. We needed to find a DJ last minute, and our wedding director, Nicole, connected us with a DJ service that really made our event come to life.

On the day of the wedding, they have timing down to a science. While Nicole was our wedding director through the planning process (and she’s amazing), she actually had a wedding to attend the day-of ours, so she wasn’t present. Indira was our back-up wedding planner. We literally met her the night before at our rehearsal, and as expected in the same vein as everything else, she was like a longtime friend helping us put on the finishing touches. She knew exactly what we wanted and how we wanted the day to go. On the day-of, she kept everything on time with perfect direction but at all times making sure we were ready to proceed — it was our day from the first moment. She was integral in making sure it worked perfectly.

I know there are great venues everywhere. But the value for the price we paid, the service we received, and the perfect wedding we had, I have to attribute most of that to the Carl House. I honestly couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else, and I highly recommend it to you for your special day.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn Married on 07/04/2019

The Perfect Wedding

The Carl House was beyond amazing and gave me and my husband the perfect wedding. We worked with both Nicole and Indira and they were both very easy to work with and made the entire process leading up to the big day as well as the day very stress-free. The staff was wonderful and helped everything go smoothly. They provided my husband and I with everything we needed, including water and hors d'oeuvres during pictures! The venue was absolutely gorgeous, which made everything even more special. We worked with Lindy for our flowers and decor, and she was wonderful! Everything looked so beautiful, from the aisle decorations to bouquets. Everything was perfect and gave us the perfect day to always look back on. We could not have asked for anything more perfect!
  • SuperJrod1983
    Superjrod1983 Married on 05/26/2019

Most magical wedding

The Carl House is the perfect venue. From the moment we step inside to tour till the very last minute of our wedding reception we were treated like family. They went above and Beyond to make my wedding a unforgettable experience. Nicole is an amazing asset to this venue. She is attentive and knowledgeable. She was there the whole night and made my wedding seamless and easy. I cannot express my thanks to her, enough! Lindy the florist and her team took my ideas and made them a reality. It’s like she read my mind and gave me things I never knew I wanted. They are so very talented and I couldn’t have asked for better if I tried. They staff are so professional and efficient. The food is to die for! You cannot go wrong in booking this venue!! I almost wish I had another wedding to plan so I could use them again. I will recommend them to everyone and anyone who will listen!
    Elizabeth Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Venue & Staff!!!

Overview: Carl House is a full service, beautiful venue inside & out. They provide bar service, food/catering, waiters, and a coordinator in their package. They also have a florist (Lindy) that you can hire. They also have a list of suggested vendors for all your other needs.

Coordinator: We worked with Nicole and loved her! She is very experienced, will work with you to make sure your big day is how you imagined, and makes sure you have plenty of food! Most importantly it felt like she was on our side. In the months before the wedding, her organization and communication made you feel like she had everything under control. Day of, she was actively managing vendors, setup, and timelines, so we could focus on enjoying the big day!

Food/Drink: We went with the beef and chicken, roasted potatoes, and veggies for our menu. The food was delicious and they were willing to work with us to accommodate the gluten & dairy allergies we have in our families. We were very pleased with our dinner.

Florist: Lindy is their florist and was well worth hiring! I couldn’t believe how beautiful my bouquet, bridesmaids’ bouquets, boutonnieres, and table centerpieces turned out. She over-delivered in comparison to what I thought the flowers would look like.

Venue/Grounds: BEAUTIFUL! Old historic home that is gorgeous! The grounds have grassy areas, flowers, trees, gazebo, and more.
    Lakeisha Married on 01/21/2019

The best day ever

Carl House exceeded my expectations from the very first day I went to visit the venue. The price was great and the attention to detail was amazing. Thank you Debbie, Nicole, Lindy, and Indira- you made our day better than we imagined. You cannot go wrong by choosing Carl House, our guests are still talking about the beauty of the venue, flowers and how good the food was.
    Caitlin H. Married on 12/29/2018

Best day ever

We cannot say enough nice things about The Carl House. Every need was met throughout the planning. Lindy was an absolute DREAM to work with. She made sure my vision was complete and was so sweet. The staff was amazing during the wedding, they took such good care of my husband and I. Nicole was the greatest gift the Carl House gives you for your planning and wedding day. She will make sure your day is everything you dream of and more. She truly was our angel on the wedding day and all the days before.
    Aimee W. Married on 12/15/2018

6 stars! Beyond words!

I wish there were six stars, The Carl House was amazing beyond words. I could not have dreamed of a better day. Nicole and Indira were both spectacular and just made it easy and stress free. The flowers Lindy put together were beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful, the venue beautiful, and we could not have asked for anything more. I cannot express how completely perfect they made our wedding!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 10/27/2018

Most Amazing Wedding Ever

When we booked our wedding at Carl House, we had 17 months to wait. Carl House was the only venue we visited. The beauty of Carl House captivated us immediately. Not enough words to describe the beauty of the house. The staff was amazing. From Debbie with the tour and booking process. All of our questions were answered immediately. She was so easy to work with. Nicole, the wedding planner, was fantastic. She took care of everything. I had no idea where to begin to start with planning a wedding. Nicole and her team took care of everything. Anytime I emailed Nicole, she responded immediately. She took care of all my needs and requests. She made the process so painless and enjoyable. Lindy from floral took my breath away with my bouquet. It was the most beautiful bouquet ever. She way exceeded all of my expectations. All of the decorations were breathtaking. The food, most important, was delicious. Everything from the appetizers, sides, and main dishes- I highly recommend the pecan crusted chicken and gouda mac!!! Indera the day of was amazing. She made sure all of mine and Nick's needs were met. Carl House staff and team were so amazing. All of our requests were met immediately, no questions asked. Sherrie, the bridal party host, really made our night. She made sure us and all of our wedding party did not go hungry or thirsty. Overall, Carl House went above and beyond and exceeded every aspect of our wedding night. We had such a magical night and loved every second. We are so thankful for every person who made our night so magical. We received so many compliments from our guest.
    Logan Married on 10/12/2018
    There are not enough words to express how amazing it was to have chosen Carl House as my wedding venue. This was the first and only venue I toured. I knew from the moment I pulled up that I had to have this venue!! Everything was absolutely perfect and the whole Carl house staffed made sure of it. Having the food, alcohol, decorations, etc included made everything from planning to the day of totally stress free. Not to mention how many people have told me how AMAZING the food tasted! Lindy did an amazing job with my flowers and was a joy to work with. Nicole (coordinator) was my life savor as well. She was constantly on top of it and made me feel confident and comfortable throughout the day. She was quick to respond to all of our emails prior to the wedding and accommodated our needs and wishes perfectly. If I could do anything different, I wouldn’t change a thing!!
    Shannon Married on 09/15/2018
    I don't even know where to begin!! Carl House was even more amazing than I had ever hoped for!! The house and grounds are beautiful and were the perfect setting for our special day! The fact that floral, decor and food are done in house eliminated so much stress. And all three were done amazingly! They put so much thought and time and attention into everything they do that I got to relax with the knowledge that it was handled. Love Carl House!! All that being said, I couldn't have made it through without Atlanta's best wedding coordinator by my side... Nicole is the most perfect and wonderful person. She is amazing!! Enough so that i would get divorced and do it all over again just to have her!! Lol j/k. My new husband and I love Carl House and all it's employee's. Hands down... if you are getting married, go to Carl House you will not be disappointed!
    Victoria Married on 09/07/2018
    They were absolutely fantastic and made sure everything ran smoothly. They let us substitute some things for others and accommodated us as much as possible within the wedding package that we chose. Nicole is an amazing planner!
    Priscilla Married on 05/28/2018
    Carl House made our wedding dreams become reality! It was absolutely the best choice. And let me tell you that Nicole is AMAZING. Best day of coordinator in the business. She makes you feel important and valued every step of the way. My husband and I are so happy tha we went with Carl House for our venue. You will not regret it!! All of our guests complimented the venue and especially the amazing food. Look no further.
    Rachael Married on 04/28/2018
    I had my wedding at the Carl house this past weekend and everything was absolutely perfect! Nicole was my coordinator and she made sure I had everything I needed. The service and food was amazing and the beautiful venue sells itself. I would recommend to any upcoming bride!
    Beverly Married on 04/15/2018
    We can’t say enough about the Carl House and how amazing our experience was. From the moment we toured the venue to the time we left the venue after our wedding day we have nothing but great things to say about our experience. Nicole was so great and she keep me (the bride) calm when I was having my moments. She assured me that everything was going to be great and it was. Our wedding was originally planned to be an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Due to consistent rain and stores the day of our wedding the ceremony had to be moved inside. I was not happy about having it inside at first but Nicole assured me that they would make it beautiful and it truly was. She was so professional and is so great at her job. I would recommend the Carl House to everyone looking for a great wedding venue. They really took great care of our wedding party the day of the wedding. The entire staff was very professional & it just made our wedding day PERFECT!
    Sarah Married on 04/14/2018
    My husband and I were married at the Carl House mid-April, and we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding! The in-house florist, Lindy, created floral arrangements that were even more beautiful than the pictures I showed her, and the house was decorated in a way that completely surpassed my expectations! Our food for the evening was delicious – apple cider pork loin, squash casserole, and sweet potato soufflé. We worked with our wedding coordinator, Nicole, from the time we booked the Carl House up until our wedding day to make sure we were able to have our dream wedding. She worked constantly to make sure our entire evening went smoothly and was as stress-free as possible, and it absolutely was! We were told numerous times throughout the night that we “really raised the bar for weddings” and that it was “the best wedding they’ve ever been to,” so if you’re looking for a venue for your big day there is not a better place than the Carl House!!
    Ashton Married on 03/31/2018
    The Carl House went above and beyond my expectations. From the first meeting I had with them, I knew they were the best in the business. The entire staff from the owner David, to Debbie, Nicole, and many more to name, everyone provided exceptional service. Nicole assisted me in my every need leading up to the day of my wedding, and then was by my side assisting me with every little detail on the day of. My wedding day, was beyond perfect because of the Carl House. I look back on my wedding and think, not a single thing could have been changed to make it a more perfect day. Not only did I love everything about the Carl House, but the guests raved about the venue all night. Compliments were flying about how gorgeous it was, how delicious the food was, and how hospitable all of the staff was. The Carl House goes above and beyond in all aspects it takes to have a perfect wedding!! I highly recommend the Carl House for any wedding!
    Stephanie Married on 01/20/2018
    We had our wedding at the Carl House. It was the best night of my life. the staff did an excellent job of creating the look I wanted. The wedding planner Nicole was absolutely wonderful. She was very helpful in making sure the night went perfect. I could not have asked for a better place to get married at. The florist did a wonderful job creating the flowers and making the place look gorgeous for our big day. The food there was absolutely delicious. Thank you to everyone where.
  • Y
    Ying Married on 01/13/2018
    I absolutely have nothing but glowing reviews for the Carl House!! The venue itself is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. The staff are amazing, experienced, warm, loving, responsive, and--did I say amazing yet? The Owner is kind and approachable; the Wedding Director is PHENOMENAL; the Chef is flexible and experienced; the staff is energetic and attentive; the Florist provided stunning arrangements; the china and silverware and glasses and anything related to food service were all beautiful. My reception could not have turned out any better, and far exceeded anything I ever hoped for. Our reception had the added stress of catering to two very different cultures, but it wasn't a problem for the Carl House. They bent over backwards to cater to my family's cultural needs and to seamlessly blend all of my unusual requests into a beautiful, perfect experience. Nicole (Wedding Director) and her staff paid attention to every detail, minor and major, and made it happen for us. If I had to pick one word to describe Nicole, it would be DEDICATED. She is dedicated to making your long-awaited day as beautiful, smooth, and stress-free as possible. And did I mention that the Carl House is astonishingly, breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL? Go and meet Nicole, take a tour, ask questions, and I promise that your heart will be as taken as mine was and still is!
  • #mattsmrs18
    Ansley Married on 01/07/2018
    The best choice I made for my wedding was to be a Carl House bride! The Carl House's one-stop-shop facility made my wedding planning process a breeze, with my catering, floral, and even rehearsal dinner venue being all in one place. Nicole was always available for questions and was flexible with appointments.Since my wedding on 1-7-18 I have got nothing but complements from family and friends on how beautiful the venue, how delicious the food, and how attentive the staff was. I had absolutely no worries on my wedding day about something going rouge, because I knew the staff at the Carl House were pros. Denny as the Event Manager made sure that the "back-of-house" operations ran with out a hitch, and Nicole was always there to make sure I, my husband, and our bridal party was taken care of, and made sure the ceremony and reception was on time, and moving fluidly. My dream day was perfect, and one of my my best decisions about my wedding was choosing to have it at the Carl House.