Carl Elixir Photography Reviews

Carl Elixir Photography 5
Carl Elixir Photography 6
Carl Elixir Photography 7

Victor Chen · Getting married on 05/21/2020

The best photographer in DC!

Carl and his team are super professional and creative. Definitely the best photographer in DC! The whole booking process and after-shooting service went highly efficient and smooth, which are beyond our expectation. Also, Carl is very easy to get along with. His assistant, Charles, is very professional and friendly as well. We are very pleased with the whole experience and we would definitely recommend Carl to any of our friends who are getting married.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • X

Xixi · Getting married on 11/21/2019

Best photographer in DC!
    So glad that we made the right choice to choose Carl workshop. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2018
  • Calvin

Calvin Shintani · Married on 06/21/2019

Awesome pictures that captured the fun of our celebration

Carl and Charles from Carl Elixir Photography did a great job taking pictures of our wedding celebration. If you want great candid shots of your guests enjoying a party, this is the company to deliver. They are courteous, fun, and professional.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2019

Preceding with Carl

I had my prewedding photography with Carl who is perfect. Carl will inspire you for the whole journey so you won’t get bored. He really will think about ideas to make your wishes coming true.

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • JourneytoJoyner

Virginia · Married on 06/01/2019

Best Wedding Food

The food was SO good. The short rib was amazing! This is NOT your average wedding food. We made changes throughout the planning process and it was never an issue. They work with a couple rental vendors with plenty of options. Roya was really great and very helpful.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Abigail Chen · Married on 05/20/2019

Magical photographer

Professional, helpful and magical. I am so lucky to have Carl as my prewedding and wedding photographer. Carl is extemely helpful and always patient to answer our questiones . As a popular photographer, Carl really impress me with his professional skill. Carl knows very well about how to make special memories for couples to keep. Everytime we look at the photos Carl took for us was just like reading the love stories of us. The crispy sound of happiness reflecting from the photos will bring us back to the joyful atomosphere of the day. Perfect composition, and colorful dream background suprised me again and again when we received the photos from Carl. We never can imagine we can have such amazing photos to keep. Thank you Carl and your team, always the best!

Carl Elixir Photography 8
  • Molly

Molly Clark · Married on 05/04/2019

Don't hesitate, go with Carl!

When it came to our wedding planning, my husband and I prioritized booking a photographer. It was the first vendor we booked, and we told ourselves we were gonna shell out for it because, well, pictures last forever! Yes Carl was a tad pricey, but so is every other photographer in the area!! It was sooooo worth it, and I'd rate them 10 stars if I could. Carl and Chuck were super professional when it came to booking, extremely efficient when it came to the actual shoots, super fun during the shoots, which kept us relaxed and more candid, and their work is exquisite. They add artistry to photography that very few photographers can do. We wanted unique photos that make you go, "wow," and boy did we get em. We got our engagement photos back within 2 weeks and our wedding photos within 3 weeks -- super fast! And we received a bazillion photos, so we enjoyed going through and picking our favorites. We are so happy we went with Carl!

Sent on 06/15/2019
    Carl Elixir Photography 20
    Carl Elixir Photography 21
    Carl Elixir Photography 22

Mokyi · Married on 04/21/2019

Book ahead since they are high in demand! (for good reason)

We booked Carl for a pre-wedding shoot around Washington D.C. very last minute and managed to squeeze in a spot! We should have planned way ahead because we know that he has a stellar reputation locally and is always high in demand, so we were very lucky to find a day that worked for everyone.

It was a long and freezing day of shooting but Carl and his team were professional, upbeat, and know exactly what they were doing, the results were fantastic photos that we proudly printed in large formats and displayed at our wedding banquet as well as online. We could not be happier!

Fantastic photography team and beautiful vision, I would whole-heartedly recommend Carl Elixir Photography!

Ruby · Married on 02/16/2019

Carl's team is amazing and we feel so grateful to have the opportunity to work with him! My husband and I had an wonderful experience working with Carl, Ferry, and Fenny for our four-hour pre-wedding photo session in Washington DC. Ferry and Fenny worked together on the photo shooting day which was raining most of the time, however, they managed to take wonderful photos in the rain which impressed us a lot. Carl also provided great help in the process by choosing shooting locations, setting up the schedule, photo retouch etc. Carl did an amazing job in retouching our photos in an extremely short period (within a week), which we appreciated the most. We definitely recommend Carl Elixir Photography and we believe Carl's team can make your big day really unforgettable!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Samantha D · Married on 02/02/2019

The best photographer for our perfect wedding!

Before I met Carl I already did my research by reading most of his online reviews (talking about someone being picky here :) ). I was impressed with his work and the rave reviews so I contacted him right away. Carl was cool and helpful. After seeing examples of Carl's work I was excited about how our pictures could turn out through the innovative ideas that Carl demonstrated through his pictures. We quickly decided on hiring Carl as our wedding photographer having Charles (Chuck) from Carl's team to be our on-site photographer. Chuck was wonderful to work with and went out of his way to make sure we had perfect pictures. I told Chuck that I had some of my favorite poses in mind and he made sure to get those shots. We couldn't be happier having Carl and Chuck as our wedding photographer - all the pictures turned out great! They were able to capture the best and most beautiful moments of our perfect wedding. Thank you - Carl and Chuck! I highly recommend Carl Elixir Photography if you don't want to miss any precious moments of your wedding day!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Jianhan Du · Married on 01/08/2019

Amazing experience of our prewedding

Carl's team member Ferry was our photographer and he was absolutely professional and amazing that he and his wife created safety and friendly environment for us, we had fun and got all beautiful photos at the end.

Carl Elixir Photography 23
    Carl Elixir Photography 24
  • Qin

Qin Liu · Married on 01/06/2019

Professional Wedding Photographers

Thanks to the spectacular photography and professional service provided by Carl and Chuck, our wedding photos came out absolutely amazing. The lighting is perfect and the quality is top-notch! Thank you again for recording the precious moments that we shared with our families and friends!

Jian · Married on 12/29/2018

Carl is very experienced photographer and he knows the good spots for weddings photos in DC very well! I and my wife are super happy about our pre wedding pictures! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/12/2018

liz · Married on 09/24/2018

Carl is very easy to get along with. He has a talented and creative mind
    He incorporates couples and surroundings perfectly well.....
    The whole shooting is speedy and of high quality.
    Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Carl Elixir Photography 25

Jane · Married on 09/09/2018

Simply the BEST!

There are so many photographers to choose from in the DC area, but Carl Elixir Photography offered the most impeccable body of work we could find. Carl is an incredibly TALENTED photographer that WILL find the perfect moments and shots to take your breath away. Carl is very knowledgeable, was responsive to all of our questions, and offered his expert advice as we were developing our wedding timeline. Even though both our engagement shoot and wedding day were a little rainy, he was able to make use of the elements and our surroundings to stage some REALLY, striking, thoughtful and romantic photos of us. Carl used his artistic vision to guide us to just the right spots for the best possible pictures. With Carl’s talents, our photos convey the mood of our unforgettable special day. On the day of, Carl and his assistant, Charles, brought such a positive and creative energy that we really felt like they were having fun along with us. They have a very calming presence about them that will make you feel comfortable on one of the most important days of your life. They were professional, prompt, and kind during all of our shoots and words cannot express the gratitude we have for both Carl and Charles! We are forever grateful for our beautiful engagement and wedding photos and we will cherish them forever!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Carl Elixir Photography 26
  • W

Weilin · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing pics

Carl is a very professional, and creative photographer. He is kind, and super easy to work with. The quality of the pictures that we got were really really amazing that I cannot wait to share with my friends. I am so glad we choose him for our pre-wedding pics. Thanks Carl for your incredible works.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Y

Yuki · Married on 08/07/2018

Carl and his assistant Charles are definitely one of the top-notched photographers in the DC area. They are absolutely amazing, talented and fun to work with. Carl and Charles captured precious moments through lenses and each photo has a story to tell. I highly recommend Carl to any couples who are looking for the best photographers in town!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Jill · Married on 06/17/2018

Very pleased with the Job done

Carl and his crew very professional. They invest the time to learn my venue and find nice spot to take pictures. They keep the nice vibs and flexible with our needs. And most importantly, they deliver quality works! We would definitely recommend Carl to any of our friends getting married.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Ashen · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a prewedding photo session with Carl and his assistant Charles. They are amazing. They know the perfect photo spots in DC area and Carl did a great work on the photos. Carl is indeed very professional and talented at capturing subtle love moments. Overall it is a pleasant experience. I will definitely recommend to other brides.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Shirley · Married on 05/06/2018

Carl and his assistant- Charles are very professional and they are fun to work with. my husband and I worked with them for our pre-wedding photoshoot and wedding shoot. They worked very hard, patient, and flexible for our requirements. I had another wedding in my home country and Carl was speedy enough to edit our few wedding photos before another wedding. Our friends and families are truly in love with our photos and their services. I highly recommend ;)

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jeannie · Married on 04/21/2018

Cal is very nice and professional to work with. Not only he gave us professional opinions on location, outfit and makeup, but also tried his best to customize our unique pre-wedding photos. What surprises me is, Carl made a album of our photos as a special gift. The album is in high quality and great taste. WE LOVE IT SO MUCH!
    It was a great experience working with Carl. I will highly recommend Carl to you if you need a great photographer for your special date. Be quick, his schedule is very tight.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Jing · Married on 04/21/2018

We had an amazing experience working with Carl, Ferry, and Fenny for our pre-wedding photo in Baltimore. We contacted Carl first, but because Carl is not available on our proposed shooting date, he recommended Ferry to us. Ferry and Fenny were extremely responsible and professional during the photo shooting. And Carl is very involved in the process too by helping us narrow down the shooting locations and plan the shooting schedule. Carl did a great job in retouching our photo. He listened to our suggestions and really paid attention to details. I definitely recommend Carl Elixir Photography for the pre-wedding photo shooting!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Katherine · Married on 03/25/2018

Carl definitely did an amazing job! We just can’t find any more words to explain how we feel. We know we are in safe hands since the very beginning. With the help of his dream team they simply just make everything perfect to complete our wedding story. Under their guidance and endless support, their professionalism shines through to capture memorable moments all the way. Thank you very much for all the fabulous photos and showing boundless enthusiasm!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Carl Elixir Photography 27
    Carl Elixir Photography 28
    Carl Elixir Photography 29
    Carl Elixir Photography 30
  • X

XIXI · Married on 03/24/2018

Carl is great photographer , he and his assistant are so professional on my wedding day, they took the most important and happiest moment for us. We LOVE how’s the picture feeling, romantic, nature and solemn for our church wedding. All my friends and my family were saying these are so amazing pictures and they want to work with him if they hold any events in the future. I really love these big quality pictures, I will definitely work with him in the future for my next big event. Thumbs up!

Sent on 05/18/2018