Carl Elixir Photography Reviews

Carl Elixir Photography 7
  • X

Xixi · Getting married on 11/21/2019

Best photographer in DC!
    So glad that we made the right choice to choose Carl workshop. Definitely recommend!

Jian · Married on 12/29/2018

Carl is very experienced photographer and he knows the good spots for weddings photos in DC very well! I and my wife are super happy about our pre wedding pictures! Highly recommended!

• Lily

Lily · Married on 12/01/2018

Memories to Last

Carl was exceptional to work with. He takes generous time to meet with the client to understand what you're looking for, your style, your day, etc. by asking detailed questions. He provides expert feedback including how to schedule your day-of timeline. It seems every photographer can shoot an outdoor winery wedding well, but indoor low-light shots are a challenge. We searched high and low for a photographer who could photograph well indoors and in low lighting, and finally found Carl through Instagram. His photography colors, lighting, shadows, etc. were all exactly what we were looking for. Away we went!
    Carl (and Charles) were so patient to work with day-of. They captured all the important moments, and expertly shifted us around to get excellent group and family shots. What you get with Carl Elixir are not just photos - they're memories. Our emotions were captured perfectly and we can still feel them through our photos. The light touch-ups on our photos were expertly done and provided the touch needed for the type of photos we were seeking for our wedding style. Thank you for the memories for many many years to come!

liz · Married on 09/24/2018

Carl is very easy to get along with. He has a talented and creative mind
    He incorporates couples and surroundings perfectly well.....
    The whole shooting is speedy and of high quality.
    Highly recommend!!

Carl Elixir Photography 8

Jane · Married on 09/09/2018

Simply the BEST!

There are so many photographers to choose from in the DC area, but Carl Elixir Photography offered the most impeccable body of work we could find. Carl is an incredibly TALENTED photographer that WILL find the perfect moments and shots to take your breath away. Carl is very knowledgeable, was responsive to all of our questions, and offered his expert advice as we were developing our wedding timeline. Even though both our engagement shoot and wedding day were a little rainy, he was able to make use of the elements and our surroundings to stage some REALLY, striking, thoughtful and romantic photos of us. Carl used his artistic vision to guide us to just the right spots for the best possible pictures. With Carl’s talents, our photos convey the mood of our unforgettable special day. On the day of, Carl and his assistant, Charles, brought such a positive and creative energy that we really felt like they were having fun along with us. They have a very calming presence about them that will make you feel comfortable on one of the most important days of your life. They were professional, prompt, and kind during all of our shoots and words cannot express the gratitude we have for both Carl and Charles! We are forever grateful for our beautiful engagement and wedding photos and we will cherish them forever!

Carl Elixir Photography 9

Ruby · Married on 09/08/2018

Carl's team is amazing and we feel so grateful to have the opportunity to work with him! My husband and I had an wonderful experience working with Carl, Ferry, and Fenny for our four-hour pre-wedding photo session in Washington DC. Ferry and Fenny worked together on the photo shooting day which was raining most of the time, however, they managed to take wonderful photos in the rain which impressed us a lot. Carl also provided great help in the process by choosing shooting locations, setting up the schedule, photo retouch etc. Carl did an amazing job in retouching our photos in an extremely short period (within a week), which we appreciated the most. We definitely recommend Carl Elixir Photography and we believe Carl's team can make your big day really unforgettable!

• Y

Yuki · Married on 08/07/2018

Carl and his assistant Charles are definitely one of the top-notched photographers in the DC area. They are absolutely amazing, talented and fun to work with. Carl and Charles captured precious moments through lenses and each photo has a story to tell. I highly recommend Carl to any couples who are looking for the best photographers in town!

Jill · Married on 06/17/2018

Very pleased with the Job done

Carl and his crew very professional. They invest the time to learn my venue and find nice spot to take pictures. They keep the nice vibs and flexible with our needs. And most importantly, they deliver quality works! We would definitely recommend Carl to any of our friends getting married.

Ashen · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a prewedding photo session with Carl and his assistant Charles. They are amazing. They know the perfect photo spots in DC area and Carl did a great work on the photos. Carl is indeed very professional and talented at capturing subtle love moments. Overall it is a pleasant experience. I will definitely recommend to other brides.

Shirley · Married on 05/06/2018

Carl and his assistant- Charles are very professional and they are fun to work with. my husband and I worked with them for our pre-wedding photoshoot and wedding shoot. They worked very hard, patient, and flexible for our requirements. I had another wedding in my home country and Carl was speedy enough to edit our few wedding photos before another wedding. Our friends and families are truly in love with our photos and their services. I highly recommend ;)

Jeannie · Married on 04/21/2018

Cal is very nice and professional to work with. Not only he gave us professional opinions on location, outfit and makeup, but also tried his best to customize our unique pre-wedding photos. What surprises me is, Carl made a album of our photos as a special gift. The album is in high quality and great taste. WE LOVE IT SO MUCH!
    It was a great experience working with Carl. I will highly recommend Carl to you if you need a great photographer for your special date. Be quick, his schedule is very tight.

Jing · Married on 04/21/2018

We had an amazing experience working with Carl, Ferry, and Fenny for our pre-wedding photo in Baltimore. We contacted Carl first, but because Carl is not available on our proposed shooting date, he recommended Ferry to us. Ferry and Fenny were extremely responsible and professional during the photo shooting. And Carl is very involved in the process too by helping us narrow down the shooting locations and plan the shooting schedule. Carl did a great job in retouching our photo. He listened to our suggestions and really paid attention to details. I definitely recommend Carl Elixir Photography for the pre-wedding photo shooting!

Katherine · Married on 03/25/2018

Carl definitely did an amazing job! We just can’t find any more words to explain how we feel. We know we are in safe hands since the very beginning. With the help of his dream team they simply just make everything perfect to complete our wedding story. Under their guidance and endless support, their professionalism shines through to capture memorable moments all the way. Thank you very much for all the fabulous photos and showing boundless enthusiasm!

Carl Elixir Photography 10
    Carl Elixir Photography 11
    Carl Elixir Photography 12
    Carl Elixir Photography 13
  • X

XIXI · Married on 03/24/2018

Carl is great photographer , he and his assistant are so professional on my wedding day, they took the most important and happiest moment for us. We LOVE how’s the picture feeling, romantic, nature and solemn for our church wedding. All my friends and my family were saying these are so amazing pictures and they want to work with him if they hold any events in the future. I really love these big quality pictures, I will definitely work with him in the future for my next big event. Thumbs up!

Kristi · Married on 01/13/2018

Literally the best to work with, we could not be happier with the product he delivered for the price point; he was worth every penny spent! Carl was always quick to respond and so incredibly easy to work with he made the whole process incredibly fun and enjoyable I would recommend his services to anyone! Simply the best vendor we worked with!

Carl Elixir Photography 14
  • Y

Yan · Married on 11/11/2017

Carl and Charles were a pleasure to work with. He's very accommodating and understands the importance of the day for the bride. He was not only on time, but he got to shooting right away. I tend to be a bit awkward in front of the camera, but Carl and Charles (his awesome friendly assistance) made me feel relaxed. The day was freezing cold, we took some pictures outside, Carl has the eyes for a good backdrop, even though we were just taking pictures in the trees, he was able to make the end product magical. One of my favorite pictures. His turn around time for pictures were really quick as well. I got my pictures with in few weeks, like less than 4, and they were fantastic. I love them. I shared with my friends and families and they were very impressed. I would recommend Carl to my other friends. He has an awesome talent.

Nancy · Married on 11/05/2017

We chose Carl as our prewedding photographer. He is indeed very professional and talented. We are very satisfied with the photos he's taken especially with his detailed work. The final product we received was definitely worth the money! Definitely recommend to the other soon to be brides out there!

Emma · Married on 10/12/2017

Three different friends of mine (they don't know each other!)recommended Carl to me when I was looking for our pre wedding photographer. One of them told me Carl is the best choice along east coast. And Carl turned out to be more than that! He is so nice and professional, it doesn't bother him at all that I discussed every detail with him before the shooting, from the dress to the bouquet. The photos he took are now my favorites and become my most beautiful decoration on the wall. He makes your dream come true.

Daniel · Married on 10/06/2017

Carl and Charles worked tirelessly and captured our special day so beautifully. I must say that I initially didn't understand the value of paying $4000 for wedding photography but when we got our sneak peak photos my mind was positively blown away. Everything from the candids to our epic sunset photos to shots with friends and family were amazing. Carl is very artistic and has a unique eye and an ability to capture light, colors and textures that is magazine worthy. The images continue to bring us happiness and we recently shared our favorite photos with friends and family as holiday gifts. Thank you for a lifetime's worth of wonderful memories!

Cindy · Married on 09/30/2017

Can’t describe how much I loved working with Carl and his team! From the pre-wedding photos to the day of the wedding, Carl and his team worked hard to make my big day perfect! Thanks to him my memories are beautifully stored!

Paula · Married on 09/23/2017

Since having nice wedding photos was important to us, my husband and I were willing to splurge on our photographer, and we are so glad we did! Carl was fantastic to work with. Not only is his work breathtakingly beautiful, but he was super responsive to emails, often responding within minutes. On our wedding day, Carl and Charles, the second shooter, were so much fun and easy to work with! As one of our guests told us after the wedding, it seemed like Carl and Charles were everywhere during the wedding and seemed like they were having a good time while capturing so many meaningful moments throughout the day. After the wedding, Carl sent us sneak peeks within days, and the full gallery with hundreds of edited photos within a few short weeks. Carl Elixir is nothing short of amazing and we would highly recommend them!

Jing · Married on 09/15/2017

In January 2018, Carl spent two days taking pictures for our pre-wedding event in Hawaii. We went to two islands: Maui and Kawai. He was very professional, cooperative, and friendly. We got along with him and the photography assistant well. We went to eight different locations in two days including Allerton Garden, Sprouting Horn, Montage Kapalua Bay and etc. After the trip was over, he delivered some photos for preview quickly. It's hard to choose photos from his package because there were a lot of high-quality photos. In 3-4 weeks, we received all of our edited photos. That's an absolutely unforgettable experience in Hawaii. We highly recommend Carl to any of our friends if they look for a wedding photographer.

Carl Elixir Photography 15
    Carl Elixir Photography 16

Matt · Married on 09/09/2017

Our pre-wedding photos turned out to be nothing short of amazing. We received so many compliments from family members and friends. Carl and his crew were fun to work with. They helped us during the process (as we are not actors/actresses) to make us feel more comfortable to pose in front of so many people. We can't thank enough for the work that they put in. Carl has earned our highest recommendation!
    Matt L.

Pallavi · Married on 09/03/2017

Carl and his team are FABULOUS to work with. If you want HIGH QUALITY photos and EXCEPTIONAL services.. don't look any further because you won't get jaw-dropping, dramatic photos elsewhere. His work is outstanding!